Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,177 members, 7,780,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:13 AM

How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character (21893 Views)

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank / Mmesoma : A Classic Case Of JAMB Jamming An Intelligent Student But Gone Wrong. / Four Signs To Identify An Intelligent Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Hector09(m): 8:17am On Apr 22, 2018
Intelligent is not all abt books cus we also ve intelligent criminals and looters, politicians, as some one said ealier intelligent is inborn
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 22, 2018
I partly disagree with some assertions here.

Some of the factors you enumerated can never be a measuring tape for intelligence.

**All intelligent persons are organized?? I beg to differ. It is on record that some of the most intelligent people on earth are far from been organized. Please google up the life of Albert and James Murray.

**All intelligent people listens attentively in class??

This is total crap guy. I know some group of students who pay utmost attention to lectures but still struggle to grasp the theme of the lecture. Also, some students dont even need to borrow your attentive traits. Just tell the topic of your lecture.

Guy, it will be safe to assume that your points are heavily predicated by your personal environment and upbringing.The points you listed are not scientific. They cannot be universally applied.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by MRAKBEE(m): 8:51am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:
The grammatical errors in your write up shows that you are not intelligent
Grammatical error(s) show(S).
Mr correcting fluid.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Krystale: 9:06am On Apr 22, 2018
What of us that like acting charli-charli but are the greatest?
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by tunary(m): 9:06am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:
intelligent student is above errors
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by ashjay001(m): 9:09am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:

U fit no sabi English, make u get brain!

Na him write up, fall my hand!
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by kings09(m): 9:17am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:

Show us ur contribution to better society during ur lifetime so far. Wat a never-do-well
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Evangkatsoulis: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2018
Differentkaro:
i kinda disagree with most of the stuffs above, you are naming qualities of a brilliant person not intelligent

I'm sorry I'm gonna be using we, cos yes, I think I'm intelligent.

first of all, yes, we are open to correction but it does not mean we take them, we think everyone else is too stupid, so we don't spend time making you see reason with us, we just let you talk and we go. we then analyze what you said if its correct and applicable, then only is when we take your correction

2. yes we are creative, that is the point of being intelligent. and yes its because we deep think alot.

3. reading? well each intelligent person have ways they gain knowledge, its not just reading. I watch videos a lot more than reading. but most times we learn from our environment and experiences, then the reading we do is to understand that aspect more. but school books? well intelligent people don't waste times on non important things, so most times we only open sch books 2 weeks to exam.

4. no we even skip classes. like I said we don't waste times on non important things. there is always a way around school and classes.

5. yes, we love solving real life problems not school(math and physics) problems.

6. we postpone learning a lot, we postpone reading for school to 2 weeks toe exam, I have bunch of tutorials I download myself on other topics I have not watch, but I still learn daily. its a gradual process

7. read my lips WE ARE DISORGANISED very very, I do not know a single organized intelligent person, we are very disorganized, always doing one important stuff or the other so we have less time for the regular stuffs

What makes you think you are intelligent? Have you ever taken a real IQ test?

1 Like

Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Evangkatsoulis: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2018
Trash
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Pilopher: 9:45am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:
what is your own problem, can't some one make mistakes ?

1 Like

Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by LimAnc(m): 9:58am On Apr 22, 2018
Differentkaro:
i kinda disagree with most of the stuffs above, you are naming qualities of a brilliant person not intelligent

I'm sorry I'm gonna be using we, cos yes, I think I'm intelligent.

first of all, yes, we are open to correction but it does not mean we take them, we think everyone else is too stupid, so we don't spend time making you see reason with us, we just let you talk and we go. we then analyze what you said if its correct and applicable, then only is when we take your correction

2. yes we are creative, that is the point of being intelligent. and yes its because we deep think alot.

3. reading? well each intelligent person have ways they gain knowledge, its not just reading. I watch videos a lot more than reading. but most times we learn from our environment and experiences, then the reading we do is to understand that aspect more. but school books? well intelligent people don't waste times on non important things, so most times we only open sch books 2 weeks to exam.

4. no we even skip classes. like I said we don't waste times on non important things. there is always a way around school and classes.

5. yes, we love solving real life problems not school(math and physics) problems.

6. we postpone learning a lot, we p[color=#000000][/color]ostpone reading for school to 2 weeks toe exam, I have bunch of tutorials I download myself on other topics I have not watch, but I still learn daily. its a gradual process

7. read my lips WE ARE DISORGANISED very very, I do not know a single organized intelligent person, we are very disorganized, always doing one important stuff or the other so we have less time for the regular stuffs
#Fact

1 Like

Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Tobycharles: 10:14am On Apr 22, 2018
Fuckyoumod:
guy take am easy na!
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Tobycharles: 10:15am On Apr 22, 2018
dynicks:
Thirded!!

Forded
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:
The grammatical error in your write up shows that you are not intelligent
chill now bruh grin
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by redsun(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:

English is a language,an irrational one for that matter,not a measure of intelligence.

It is somewhat the bane of africans like you fundamental foolishness,because you don't understand the language you speak that has no reflection in your immediate environment and life circumstances.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by maisauki: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:
bring your own, let's see if it will better his

Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by maisauki: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2018
aribitoye:
bring your own, let's see if it will better his
Tobycharles:

Forded
MERCEDESed
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Differentkaro: 11:51am On Apr 22, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

What makes you think you are intelligent? Have you ever taken a real IQ test?
cos i have many stupid people around me. an average nigerian to me is stupid

1 Like

Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by j0rdannkyle: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
redsun:

English is a language,an irrational one for that matter,not a measure of intelligence.

It is somewhat the bane of africans like you fundamental foolishness,because you don't understand the language you speak that has no reflection in your immediate environment and life circumstances.

I agree that English is not a measure of intelligence. However, in our immediate environment where english is the language of instruction, a good command of the language is indicative of intelligence.
The Op says intelligent people read a lot. Those books are not written in Swahili, for someone who reads so much, a level of proficiency is expected.

1 Like

Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by CapitanS: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
I am an intelligent student grin
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by SamySamy123: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
j0rdannkyle:

I agree that English is not a measure of intelligence. However, in our immediate environment where english is the language of instruction, a good command of the language is indicative of intelligence.
The Op says intelligent people read a lot. Those books are not written in Swahili, for someone who reads so much, a level of proficiency is expected.

You are right @Ordannkyle. I should have gone through my article assiduously before shearing. Nonetheless, I promise it won't happen again.

I Rep. www.learnersinfo.com
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by redsun(m): 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
j0rdannkyle:

It depends on what you read. Most times the things africans read dont make any practical sense to them because it does not reflect their world and life experiences. The read the master's way,his experiences,opinions,views and doctrines.

Language is main to be a living one that reflects the life of the people that speaks it. It is main to be indigenous, dynamic, reflective of the time,changes and progress of the people it belongs to.

1 Like

Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by redsun(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
SamySamy123:

You are right @Ordannkyle. I should have gone through my article assiduously before shearing. Nonetheless, I promise it won't happen again.

I Rep. www.learnersinfo.com

Maybe you are trying to make it look as if it is your original thoughts instead of copied article by allowing the socalled grammatical errors. It does how matter how you put it,the message has come across. Intelligence is all about continuity, productivity, resourcefulness,selflessness and plentifulness. It is not about perfectly speaking the slave masters language and be happy to do so like a subcreature,as if you don't have the right to your own.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by SamySamy123: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
redsun:

Maybe you are trying to make it look as if it is your original thoughts instead of copied article by allowing the socalled grammatical errors. It does how matter how you put it,the message has come across. Intelligence is all about continuity, productivity, resourcefulness,selflessness and plentifulness. It is not about perfectly speaking the slave masters language and be happy to do so like a subcreature,as if you don't have the right to your own.
Thank you dear! God bless.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by steveDpro: 1:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
Okay
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by ufumes(m): 1:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
We are all intelligent in different areas. And intelligence in any particular area of life can be acquired by learning, which can be through personal experience, reading books or other educational materials as well as through the help of a teacher.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Evangkatsoulis: 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
Differentkaro:

cos i have many stupid people around me. an average nigerian to me is stupid

Yeah, the average Nigerian has an iq less than 80.
You may as well have an iq of 90 and still not be 'intelligent'.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Geofavor(m): 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2018
Umartins1:
You greatly confused intelligence with brilliance, and the point about reading confirmed it.

Brilliance is from textbook(reading), intelligence is inborn(natural)

You don't need books to be intelligent
but you need to study to be intelligent
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Umartins1(m): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
Geofavor:
but you need to study to be intelligent

No. You don't need study to be intelligent. A market woman can be intelligent
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Geofavor(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
j0rdannkyle:

Some smart persons understand English perfectly; they just can't speak it correctly or are too lazy to use perfect grammar, because they consider it insignificant and unnecessary.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Geofavor(m): 3:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Yeah, the average Nigerian has an iq less than 80.
You may as well have an iq of 90 and still not be 'intelligent'.
Intelligence is measured relatively. If the average Nigerian's IQ were 80 while his were 90, here in Nigeria, he would be regarded as intelligent.
Re: How To Know An Intelligent Student By Character by Evangkatsoulis: 3:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
Geofavor:
Intelligence is measured relatively. If the average Nigerian's IQ were 80 while his were 90, here in Nigeria, he would be regarded as intelligent.

If intelligence is measured relatively, the Nigerian average would be 100 and his a bit above.
IQ is measured with respect to the global population.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU / LAUTECH Suspends Certificate Of Graduate Who Claimed A Lecturer Victimised Him / OAU Students Union Maiden Newspaper:The Union Parrot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.