Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun (20286 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust / Buhari Has Approved N10billion To Rebuild All Affected Nigerian Communities- VP / Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by kmaster007: 8:51am On Apr 22, 2018
chai another money for Senators, dey hv already draft hw dey re goin to share d money in deir pocket
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by ashjay001(m): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2018
yomi96:
how can she? just like her boss, a failed polytechnic graduate, that plundered ogun state into debts and sold all the treasure bills. the only thing she is good at is using that stupid fake accent.

Well, she's been good in finding monies, to pay salaries n settle d FG's financial obligation
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by edo3(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2018
yomi96:
how can she? just like her boss, a failed polytechnic graduate, that plundered ogun state into debts and sold all the treasure bills. the only thing she is good at is using that stupid fake accent.
fake accent my brother,,bastard woman..

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by Boyooosa(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2018
But Kemi why? And u know how much I wish u well... Pls don't allow all these miscreants involve you in their mischief o. Plus avoid ego and clarify yourself jejely.
Thanks for anticipated detailed and positive response.
Boyooosa
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by ozodigboo(m): 9:01am On Apr 22, 2018
phyllosilicate:
Alleged N10Billion Fraud: 10 Questions Kemi Adeosun, Accountant General Must Answer

April 21, 2018Ini Ekott

On Friday, PREMIUM TIMES and UDEME exposed how the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, and the Accountant General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris, colluded to illegally funnel N10billion from the national treasury to our ever non transparent National Assembly.

After the story ran, both officials scrambled denials framed in manners meant to deceive and confuse Nigerians about the real issues raised in the report.

So the issues are clear and easy to digest, we have raised the questions below for the officials. We hope they will find time to answer them as a way of enlightening our readers on this matter.

1) Are you not aware that the National Assembly has its own N125billion budget which should fund its capital and recurrent expenditures, and from which it should settle all its liabilities? Given that this budget is always 100 per cent funded, being a statutory transfer from the treasury, why did you proceed to provide an extra illegal N10 billion to that arm of government?

2) You claimed the money was sourced from a certain N20 billion earmarked for payment of debts to local contractors. Why are you the one paying National Assembly contractors when that arm of government has a block budget to cater for its expenditures and liabilities? And why will you give 50 per cent of funds meant for all owed federal contractors to the National Assembly alone when those who built roads, schools, hospitals and supplied drugs to our clinics are yet to be paid?

3) At a time that federal contractors have abandoned road projects across the country due to non payment of their bills, making our roads death traps, why did you release N10 billion to the National Assembly to buy exotic cars, especially when your boss, President Muhammadu Buhari, has ruled that acquisition of cars by lawmakers is a violation of the government’s monetisation policy and therefore illegal.

4) You released the funds without any due diligence. As chartered accountants certificated in England and here in Nigeria, is it right that you released that huge amount of money to a non transparent entity that the National Assembly is without asking the lawmakers to provide award of contract letters, Certificates of No Objection issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement and job completion certificates issued by the National Assembly?

5) Are you aware that at least 44 of the 82 contractors the National Assembly claimed it was owing are not registered on the National Database of Contractors, a database of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP). That means they are not eligible to be awarded federal contracts. Are you aware that even 17 of the 44 firms were not even registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)?

6) Are you aware that by colluding with the National Assembly to pay billions of public funds to unregistered contractors, you have violated our country’s Public Procurement Act, and that you deserve to lose your post and then be put on trial in accordance with the law?

7) Can you tell us why you violated the appropriation law by releasing N485 million for a project our budget provided N450million for? Has it anything to do with the fact that Senate President Bukola Saraki conceived the project and is handpicking contractor for its execution? Is it possible that you prefer to please Mr. Saraki at the expense of the Nigerian people?

cool You claimed you released the funds to the National Assembly after warrants were duly issued and approved by the Cash Plan Committee chaired by the finance minister. Can you please tell us in detail the process of approval of such warrants?

9) Unicef says 10.5million Nigerian children are out of school due to what government blamed on lack of enough funds for the nation’s educational sector. Advocacy group, OneCampaign, also says 2,300 Nigerian children under five die each day of preventable causes, a situation that can be addressed if the federal government provides at least one percent of Consolidated Revenue Fund for basic healthcare. In the face of this heart wrenching challenge, do you sincerely believe that illegally paying for exotic cars for our lawmakers should be your priority at this time?

10) Looking through the above questions, will you still say you did the right thing in the manner scarce public fund was passed to the National Assembly? Can you still confidently say you did no wrong?
you gave out N10billion to senators to buy cars, yet health workers are on nationwide strike.
2000 doctors hv left the country in 2018 and we're still in April.
I give up on this country.

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by Soblow(m): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2018
Hope pmb is aware of this transaction.
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:07am On Apr 22, 2018
Clearly a bribe!
I no longer have respect for her. Smh!
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by darocha1: 9:07am On Apr 22, 2018
You know her story so well
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:10am On Apr 22, 2018
DaudaAbu:
Wind don blow

44 unregistered contractors and yet FIRS is pursuing companies doing good businees and paying good revenue

The whole country is a joke!
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by EarthXmetahuman: 9:14am On Apr 22, 2018
Second Niger bridge will cost 140 billion to build

National assembly is gulping 135billion.. And some bastards will still support these crooks in abuja for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by IdeyFindWife: 9:14am On Apr 22, 2018
DaudaAbu:
Wind don blow

44 unregistered contractors and yet FIRS is pursuing companies doing good businees and paying good revenue

Now, you see why people curse BMC-Bastards and useful idiotss who keep hyping this govt as the best thing that's ever happened to Nigeria.

And all efforts to get them to address the rot in the system, to make Nigeria better, not even to witch hunt anybody is always met by then with hateful scorn, deceitful lies, falsified data and wrong logic.

They respond to as if they have no relatives in Nigeria who would be affect of the place went up in flames. They're only concerned with doing the bidding of of their paymasters.

And I don't see any reason why you should be surprised that many of such paid-media-mercenaries resume work on Nairaland, Twitter, Facebook, Lindaikeji.com etc as their offices.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by seguno2: 9:47am On Apr 22, 2018
EVarn:
Lack of transparency, the Minister should address the issues and clarify her position on the matter.

Lack of transparency is the hallmark of the visionless administration of Buhari. Yet he claims to be fighting corruption. Buhari is a joker who thinks that all Nigerians are jokers like him.
To date, Buhari has failed to publicly declare his assets as he promised.
To date, Babachir is walking free despite stealing N530 million for cutting grass.
To date, Buratai remains COAS despite stealing our money to buy his multi million dollar mansions in Dubai.
The same Buhari reinstated and promoted Maina the pensions thief whom Jonathan sacked and declared wanted by EFCC.
Buhari is corruption. Corruption is Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by Printerscanner: 9:48am On Apr 22, 2018
yomi96:

Your puff-puff cheeked world bank house girl and Harvard trained voodoo economist called Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla several gave unbudgetted billions of dollars to Dasuki Sambo and Diezani to share among the gang of looters thereby intentionally leading the country into recession and the people into depression.
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by seguno2: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2018
MrMcJay:
We are running a kleptocracy. Government of the thieves. By the thieves and for the thieves.

Kleptocracy ke in Buhari and APC’s government of change that is fighting corruption?
No oh. Impossible.
Really, the stealing and corruption under Buhari is unrivalled in our country’s history.
Only our PVCs and extensive voter education in the rural and poor areas can ensure we kick them out.
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by seguno2: 9:53am On Apr 22, 2018
Printerscanner:

Your puff-puff cheeked world bank house girl and Harvard trained voodoo economist called Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla several gave unbudgetted billions of dollars to Dasuki Sambo and Diezani to share among the gang of looters thereby intentionally leading the country into recession and the people into depression.

1) Source of your story?
2) Please define change.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by seguno2: 9:56am On Apr 22, 2018
Soblow:
Hope pmb is aware of this transaction.

You expect that old soldier who was not aware that his IGP disobeyed his order to be in Benue to be aware of this one?
You sef. I wish that I can be as optimistic as you are. grin
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by EmmyDJourno: 9:57am On Apr 22, 2018
Can we please have a competent Commander in Chief

All these things should end in 2019 IJN
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by Buffalowings3(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2018
hezy4real01:
See her dirty mouth.... they go just call the money like say na change.... "I gave EXTRA 10 Billion"

As in the thing weak me
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by EmmyDJourno: 10:01am On Apr 22, 2018
Printerscanner:

How does this comment help solve the issue at hand, while we are trying to move forward, please remain in the past

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by BetaThings: 10:03am On Apr 22, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
It was definitely a bribe and that's why the Senators are not so relentless anymore in nailing the Dullard-In-Chief of Daura Forces.

Back2Daura... though I know it won't happen.

So they did not really want to nail him, did they?
So where are Saraki, Dogara, Ekweremadu, Dino etc who have been posing as fighters for the masses
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by BetaThings: 10:07am On Apr 22, 2018
seguno2:

Kleptocracy ke in Buhari and APC’s government of change that is fighting corruption?
No oh. Impossible.
Really, the stealing and corruption under Buhari is unrivalled in our country’s history.
Only our PVCs and extensive voter education in the rural and poor areas can ensure we kick them out.

The propaganda against Buhari is unparalleled
The Jonathan Defeat Avengers have developed a well-oiled machinery

The days of the 30 laptops crew are primitive in comparison
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by BlackPantherxXx: 10:07am On Apr 22, 2018
BetaThings:

So they did not really want to nail him, did they?
So where are Saraki, Dogara, Ekweremadu, Dino etc who have been posing as fighters for the masses

ALL the Senators and Reps are thieves without the interests of the masses at heart. They have never concealed that
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by Nigeriadondie: 10:21am On Apr 22, 2018
phyllosilicate:
Alleged N10Billion Fraud: 10 Questions Kemi Adeosun, Accountant General Must Answer

April 21, 2018Ini Ekott

On Friday, PREMIUM TIMES and UDEME exposed how the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, and the Accountant General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris, colluded to illegally funnel N10billion from the national treasury to our ever non transparent National Assembly.

After the story ran, both officials scrambled denials framed in manners meant to deceive and confuse Nigerians about the real issues raised in the report.

So the issues are clear and easy to digest, we have raised the questions below for the officials. We hope they will find time to answer them as a way of enlightening our readers on this matter.

1) Are you not aware that the National Assembly has its own N125billion budget which should fund its capital and recurrent expenditures, and from which it should settle all its liabilities? Given that this budget is always 100 per cent funded, being a statutory transfer from the treasury, why did you proceed to provide an extra illegal N10 billion to that arm of government?

2) You claimed the money was sourced from a certain N20 billion earmarked for payment of debts to local contractors. Why are you the one paying National Assembly contractors when that arm of government has a block budget to cater for its expenditures and liabilities? And why will you give 50 per cent of funds meant for all owed federal contractors to the National Assembly alone when those who built roads, schools, hospitals and supplied drugs to our clinics are yet to be paid?

3) At a time that federal contractors have abandoned road projects across the country due to non payment of their bills, making our roads death traps, why did you release N10 billion to the National Assembly to buy exotic cars, especially when your boss, President Muhammadu Buhari, has ruled that acquisition of cars by lawmakers is a violation of the government’s monetisation policy and therefore illegal.

4) You released the funds without any due diligence. As chartered accountants certificated in England and here in Nigeria, is it right that you released that huge amount of money to a non transparent entity that the National Assembly is without asking the lawmakers to provide award of contract letters, Certificates of No Objection issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement and job completion certificates issued by the National Assembly?

5) Are you aware that at least 44 of the 82 contractors the National Assembly claimed it was owing are not registered on the National Database of Contractors, a database of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP). That means they are not eligible to be awarded federal contracts. Are you aware that even 17 of the 44 firms were not even registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)?

6) Are you aware that by colluding with the National Assembly to pay billions of public funds to unregistered contractors, you have violated our country’s Public Procurement Act, and that you deserve to lose your post and then be put on trial in accordance with the law?

7) Can you tell us why you violated the appropriation law by releasing N485 million for a project our budget provided N450million for? Has it anything to do with the fact that Senate President Bukola Saraki conceived the project and is handpicking contractor for its execution? Is it possible that you prefer to please Mr. Saraki at the expense of the Nigerian people?

cool You claimed you released the funds to the National Assembly after warrants were duly issued and approved by the Cash Plan Committee chaired by the finance minister. Can you please tell us in detail the process of approval of such warrants?

9) Unicef says 10.5million Nigerian children are out of school due to what government blamed on lack of enough funds for the nation’s educational sector. Advocacy group, OneCampaign, also says 2,300 Nigerian children under five die each day of preventable causes, a situation that can be addressed if the federal government provides at least one percent of Consolidated Revenue Fund for basic healthcare. In the face of this heart wrenching challenge, do you sincerely believe that illegally paying for exotic cars for our lawmakers should be your priority at this time?

10) Looking through the above questions, will you still say you did the right thing in the manner scarce public fund was passed to the National Assembly? Can you still confidently say you did no wrong?
I have repeatedly said that the greatest enemy of this doomed nation is the national assembly
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by seguno2: 10:37am On Apr 22, 2018
BetaThings:
The propaganda against Buhari is unparalleled
The Jonathan Defeat Avengers have developed a well-oiled machinery

The days of the 30 laptops crew are primitive in comparison

Is Buhari’s minister of finance also a member of the avengers?
If you have nothing to say to help Buhari from his self inflicted pain, please waka pass.
Are you one of those whom Femi Adesina described as intellectually lazy

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by seguno2: 10:43am On Apr 22, 2018
Nigeriadondie:

I have repeatedly said that the greatest enemy of this doomed nation is the national assembly

The greatest enemy is not Buhari’s presidency that budgets billions for the Aso Rock clinic, more than all Teaching hospitals combined, yet they don’t have paracetamol?
Despite the mega budget and banning government officials from treatment abroad, the same Buhari has been spending several months on different occasions for medical tourism in London.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by pafisayo(m): 10:51am On Apr 22, 2018
ashjay001:

Well, she's been good in finding monies, to pay salaries n settle d FG's financial obligation

Lol Buhari will get the blame as usual.
In 2015 these set of crooks wanted to spend 400mill on cars for the presidency’ he refused and told them their is no need for them to spend almost 5billion purchasing cars for them self but they went ahead and Spent 3.6 billion on cars in 2016!!! the truth is our constitution is structured in away that the National Assembly :
Appropriates money for them self
Allocated money for them self
Enforced who ever is in charge of money to make sure they get the money

Theoretically Buhari seems to Ben right.. we are all lazy . We forget too soon we don’t do anything

Call Adeosun name’s wail shout we are not lazy it’s all we are good for BUT google their 2017 budget that’s d first time they were forced to make it public thou .

1. National Assembly gets statutory transfers:

-One thing you should first realise is that the National Assembly gets statutory transfers. This means that to guarantee its independence, funds must be compulsorily released to it. These funds are not subject to revenue performance and there is hardly a history of National Assembly returning funds to the treasury. You can actually take the National Assembly budget as actual spending. Federal Audit recently indicted the National Assembly management for irregularities with the reconciliations and returns. However, no punishment has been given

-For a management office of the National Assembly, there is a total sum of N15bn — higher than the allocation for University of Ibadan. Staggering! Security equipment will costs N440m Yet thug can walk in and pick up the mace , photocopy manchines 369mill lol na every year them de buy new ones

-Professors must be getting jealous of legislative aides: Apart from the huge cost in the National Assembly Service Commission, legislative aides will spend N9.6bn, with N8.9bn being costs for salaries. Why will the entire aides that serve 469 lawmakers get paid more than all professors in a university? Professors must be jealous already! Any undergraduate out there mulling a career in the academia? U and I knows d Aides don’t get that much Common how many aides do they even need ma sef ??

-National Assembly not yet leading by example: If efficiency will begin in government, the National Assembly has to show example as the highest organ of accountability. Why so much money for photocopiers, vehicles, insurance, legal services, travels and training? If National Assembly spends N7.7bn on cars at an average of N25m each, that’s 300 cars. Is National Assembly planning to do Uber car hire service? Why is the National Assembly spending ten times the budget of a university and a teaching hospital? Why do legislative aides earn more than the entire personnel cost of a university in Nigeria? Questions!

I can bore you with more but please check Nunber 1!!! The people representing us has made a law that states that if the minister of finace is your daddy or my daddy or even you ma sef reading this . You are obliged democratically legally officially lootically even lazycally to release their statutory and officially compulsory funds !!!

Adeosun just did her job infact she did a fantastic job if we are going by the interpretation of our constitution.

It won’t be enough to send PMB home he is not the only Problem we need to flush pretty much all of them irrespective of which party flag they fly ..

IF YOU KNOW ALL OF THEM THEN YOU KNOW

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by Nigeriadondie: 10:54am On Apr 22, 2018
seguno2:

The greatest enemy is not Buhari’s presidency that budgets billions for the Aso Rock clinic, more than all Teaching hospitals combined, yet they don’t have paracetamol?
Despite the mega budget and banning government officials from treatment abroad, the same Buhari has been spending several months on different occasions for medical tourism in London.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!
Bro all of dem have failed and should be sent packing PMB and his cronies inclusive

1 Like

Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by MarieSucre(f): 11:10am On Apr 22, 2018
yomi96:

Is Polytechnic graduate supposed to be an insult? na wa for Nigerians oo. We are our own worst enemies.
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by Bobosneh: 11:21am On Apr 22, 2018
won tum ti de o. na so dem share our money o. last 4years na pdp but now na apc i use God beg una any party wey don get letter p abeg no vote for ham o
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by hezy4real01(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2018
Buffalowings3:

As in the thing weak me
My brother make God just save us for this country, different drama for each week
Re: Why I Gave Extra N10billion To National Assembly — Kemi Adeosun by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
limeta:
Am not voting for any body this is getting too much
tired , fed up .
Nothing will charge

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen Attack Maiduguri Hospital, Shoot Doctor, Beat-Up Medical Staff / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Buhari Didn’t Just Divide Nigeria, He Killed Her”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.