Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

The Broken Engine Heart - A Love Fiction Inspired By Insomnia - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Broken Engine Heart - A Love Fiction Inspired By Insomnia (517 Views)

Embarrassment: See Moment A Love Machine Fell Off Someone’s Bag At The Airport / What Is This Pastor Doing With A Love Machine? / Nigerian Girl Takes A Selfie With A Love Machine At The Background (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Broken Engine Heart - A Love Fiction Inspired By Insomnia by tecnolad(m): 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Episode 1:

I have heard so many love stories that went down the drain, and I was always the first guy to laugh when someone told their stories.

I am Kunle, a 25-year-old physics student who had just gained an admission into the Federal University of Technology, Akure. This is my story:

I am a nerd, and I had never been in a relationship before. “What’s so important about it?” I was always quick to ask this question anytime people wanted to give me the “go get a girl” talk.

With the utmost love I had for tech, I wasn’t going to let any girl take the place of my first love.

With so many tech innovations coming into the big picture everyday, I thought people should be more concerned about the positive changes tech brings to table instead of being a prisoner of one state of mind people chose to call “Love.”

Friends from home wouldn’t argue with me because I wouldn’t just give up and let them win; if I got an award every time I argued with them about relationships, I’d need a warehouse to store them.

My parents couldn’t wait for me to start school already; after sitting for JAMB for so many years, they (my parents) saw Methuselah every time I greeted them. They were always quick to let people know I had JAMB scratch cards many enough to play the game of whot. Gaining an admission brought great joy to them.

Finally, school resumed and I got my bags packed. Mum had done some preparations, too. I had so many loads that one would think I was the prodigal son getting his share of my father’s properties.

Dad and I loaded the car up and we were set to leave for school. Mum cried so hard that I almost felt going to school was a wrong choice. “Why do women cry about everything?” was a question I couldn’t ask out loud. As big as I had grown to become, dad wouldn’t hesitate to deal a slap across my face. We waved at mum and off we went.

Dad dropped me off at the front of the house I rented a room in over the holidays. He hugged passionately and he left.

Like time was fast forwarded, things happened so fast and lectures started. I enjoyed every lecture because I was learning more about machines and how they work. It was like my brain was receiving a whole new signal than it did while I was in secondary school.

Everyday’s lecture sessions brought me more reasons to love science and technology even more! Everyone made friends so fast and people started relating like they were friends even before they met at FUTA.

Since I was the weird guy who didn’t really have interest in other things but Physics, I only had people I talked to - the course reps.

I always worked extra time at night classes to understand confusing terms after day lectures, and I was always quick to find solutions. However, this was different. On this Thursday, Dr. Harry had just taught us quantum mechanics and the class became as quiet as a graveyard - it was clear no one understood a thing.

Some theories in quantum mechanics were so complex to understand that I had to work even more to break them down into smaller, understandable chunks.

I always got to class on time, but because I had to stay awake to understand theories from the previous class I had, I woke up late. “What!” I screamed as I looked at the clock. It was almost thirty minutes past eleven, and lecture would have started by eleven A.M.

I quickly washed my face, picked up my book and I rushed to class. I was in so much hurry that I didn’t notice that I wore a different slippers on each foot.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get to my department, and the lecturer was almost rounding up. I quickly entered through the back door and sat down at the last row. I knew I couldn’t catch up with anything so I thought to rest for a while.

While I sat there looking around, I saw this fair lady who seemed to have had some really good laugh, smiling at me. She was on the same row I sat, but on the other side of the class. She has a pretty great smile but I was more concerned about this class I had just missed.

I looked at her in disgust - “What is so funny to her? I am cocksure that this is a confusion-induced laughter. Everyone seems not to understand a thing this man is saying,” I thought to myself, smiling back at her. “Olodo,” I muttered.

I turned away, thinking about whose note I would need to lend so I could know what the man said before I came. Since I didn’t really know who to ask, I scanned through the class until I was facing this lady’s direction

“Why in Heavens name is this girl smiling at me?” I asked. This time around, I was concerned. I quickly checked out what I was wearing until I saw my feet. I looked slowly from feet to her face, and immediately we made eye contact, she went on another laughing spree. I got ashamed.

To be continued...

Episode 2 already updated on

http://www.midestory..com

cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Prince Amani (pic) / 4 Reasons Why Davido And Chioma Shouldn’t Be Your ‘relationship Goals’ / Raped As A Child By An Uncle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.