Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? (7516 Views)

What's The Best Department In Church To Marry From? / Is It A Must To Join A Department In The Church / Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by Kingsley1000(m): 9:00am On Apr 22, 2018
NURTURING FINE LADIES WITH BIG UKWU AND NYASH
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by sharpwriter(m): 9:02am On Apr 22, 2018
calliope:
Youth department reminds me of "Assemblies of God church". undecided

God, I so much loathe that church!

What happened there?
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by calliope(f): 9:14am On Apr 22, 2018
J2381:
why? grin
I was once called out in front of a "youth congregation" by a decon, just because I wore trousers on a Tuesday Bible study class. angry
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by J2381: 9:30am On Apr 22, 2018
calliope:

I was once called out in front of a "youth congregation" by a decon, just because I wore trousers on a Tuesday Bible study class. angry
Is it against the church rules for women/girls to wear trousers?
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by officialfysh(m): 9:55am On Apr 22, 2018
For boyfriends and girlfriends
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by KennedicalEnergy(m): 10:48am On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=calliope post=66923010]
I was once called out in front of a "youth congregation" by a decon, just because I wore trousers on a Tuesday Bible study class.

That was exactly what you deserved. Keep to rules and you will have no problems.
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by XingXhang(m): 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
AntiBrutus:
1. To ensure the youths relate well with each other, without becoming omo wobe and science students.

2. To prepare the youths for higher leadership positions. We don't want more lazy youths on our hands.

3. To promote healthy fun activities for young minds (and the church generally). That way they don't get bored with all the religious dogma. All work and no play... wink

4. Evangelism.

5. A nurturing atmosphere for youths to develop their spiritual lives and be formed in their faith.

6. Hook up centre. The problem with this one is, too many refurbished oloshos and undercover nunu-slayers in the church these days. One has to be careful.

Was waiting for the last point. That's the major reasons most youths go to Youth Churches.

BTW, the girls aren't the only one taking the blame. So so many bad guys looking for free bleepingg
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
To raise up vibrant men and women of God who can run with the end time vision and mandate for the next generation.

To build and nurture lives at its most vulnerable state. To snatch these souls from the clutches of the evil one.

To raise future leaders with the capacity to impact and transform lives wherever they find themselves.

To raise non-conformists whose main desire is to please God and to live holy at all times and to be separate from the world and its sinful practices.

To raise reformers and evangelists with a passionate desire to rescue the lost and to establish God's kingdom on earth.

To prepare souls for heaven.
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by steveDpro: 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
cool shocked
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by imhere: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
They are the life wire of the church and make the church more lively. Youths also spice up church programmes by bringing different varieties into it
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by calliope(f): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
J2381:
Is it against the church rules for women/girls to wear trousers?
Yes it is, but I was a second timer, not a full- blown member.
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by oyetpel(m): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
calliope:
Which church do you attend now? And have you watched prof Marston movie?
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by Mryacks: 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
vizkiz:
Back in those days, the youth department was filled with agile and able men and women who can run extra miles and do exploit and even carry on the legacy of the church.

Nowadays the opposite is the case...

The youth department is mostly filled with vile, immoral, immature and lazy beings who rather have concerts, come to church looking like a gift card just to toast one another (thereby committing fornication), come to church with their phones just to check Instagram and take pictures than read their bibles or concentrate during sermon.

The youths are suppose to be the strength of the church. Men like oyedepo and adeboye should have retired from their evangelical works if the youths were like that of old.

You absolutely said it all.....that is why I for one prefer bible study classes and church prayer session than belonging to the youth fellowship...
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by J2381: 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
calliope:

Oh my, that's a lil bit extreme. The decon should have known cos no full blown member would wear trousers.

Do you still go to church?
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by calliope(f): 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
J2381:
Oh my, that's a lil bit extreme. The decon should have known cos no full blown member would wear trousers.

Do you still go to church?
On some occasions, yeah.
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by calliope(f): 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2018
oyetpel:

Which church do you attend now?
I don't attend any, only on invitations.
And have you watched prof Marston movie?
Not yet, but would when I have enough data .
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by bammo: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
heskeyw:
1. Ensure active and maximun participation of youth in church activities.
2. Establish a weekly meeting where the youths can come together and have a discussion about their xtian life.
3. Youth bible study at the end of the month.
4. liase with ur pastor to know some of problems faced by the church in which the youths can be of help.
5. interact with other youth leaders of other branches to see how u people can improve the lives of ur followers
6. Organise an annual youth summit where guest preachers will come and talk to the youths nt just on bible stuff but on other aspects of their life. evengelists, motivational speakers etc.
7. a yearly skill acquisition programme aimed at improving the life of the youths , which will create employment.
Finally somebody posts sense
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by piagetskinner(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
the youth department is very important In the sense that it helps nurture young people to discover their purpose and giftings....

and how they can channel it to a noble cause

it also prepares them for eventual leadership positions...

the old men you see in church today were once youth, and some of them are regretting not putting in their energy into the things of God while they were young

the bible says serve the Lord God in the days of your youth...

young people live in a world full of distractions.. most of which do not benefit their spiritual and intellectual growth in anyway...

so for me the youth department is a nurturing department.. that seeks to groom young men and women who will represent Christ In whatever facet they find themselves. be it banking engineering medicine education business etc
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by J2381: 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
calliope:

On some occasions, yeah.
Hmmm. Figured you for an unbeliever.
Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by qwertyuiop12345: 10:30am On Apr 24, 2018
Thank you all for your contribution. I didn't even know that it later made FP.
Thank: piagetskinner heskeyw Chi59 Validcode hezy4real01 AntiBrutus

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? by piagetskinner(m): 11:03am On Apr 24, 2018
qwertyuiop12345:
Thank you all for your contribution. I didn't even know that it later made FP.

Thank:
piagetskinner
heskeyw
Chi59
Validcode
hezy4real01
AntiBrutus

its an honor sir/ma

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Lord, Answer This Prayer. / Soon There'll Be Breaking News All Over The World / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.