Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly (13342 Views)

More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / SPECIAL REPORT: Anxiety As Nigerian Doctors Leave Country In Droves / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by stasius: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2018
Hahahaha.
Una never see anything.
That is the new training now.
By final year Nigerian medical students are being counselled by their seniors to take foreign exams.
I remember during one induction I attended how the young doctors were advised to save their housejob money and seek for greener pasture and better career outside the shores of Nigeria.

SO Nigeria this is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by chuksbogus: 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
If you decide to be realistic the only health workers that are being looked down in Nigeria and when they go abroad they become hot cakes are the Nurses!!! Yes I said the NURSES.Nurses are tagged money making machine abroad and they are the professionals that are leaving this country in thousand every year not Even doctors. I know some sentimental Dr will come out to argue this but deep within them they know it true.

I have said to my self the closest people in health care industries are the Dr and the RN .they are the people that works hand in hand,they are always together everyday and they are the profession in health that intermarry most.In the states the Dr and RN are very close,they respect each other and value the knowledge and potentials in them.That's why you can see a advanced practice nurses ,consultant nurses ,that does some of the functions of a Dr. But here in Nigeria the reverse is the case. I have seen a final year medical student that passed his finals with the help of a nurse in the ward and most of them during House job have been put through some procedure by a nurse though some will try to e proud and pretend to knew only to keep messing up until a nurse comes to his aid.

On the nurse side too ,they have this mentality that Dr are looking down on them hence they are now always on edge when ever they are dealing with drs. Ready to attack but by and large there are still good Dr and good Nurse out there. I think this two professionals should come together to and resolve their differences and unite. Then they can face the govt and get what ever they want.

3 Likes

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by stasius: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
utytill:
kikiki,Nigerian doctors going abroad to work as Nurses.

Foreign Nurses even earn higher than Nigerian doctors so keep quiet.
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by stasius: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
And me I will still advice any young doctor.

PLEASE Saudi Arabia recruit Nigerian doctors yearly! Always watch out for their routine recruitment exercise and join the moving train.

Leave this shithole that doesn't want to develop.
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Don't forget that Dr's also have to have a sense of fulfillment and professionalism...... They also have families to look after and personal things they also want to achieve.........

When an SSCE holder is earning N13.1 Million a month, and a Doctor is earning N300,000 a month. N300,000 that can easily be made working for 2 days abroad. Imagine the multiplier effect on their pocket and bank balance....

Before anyone tells me wages are taxable and the cost of living is higher, I guarantee you like for like, checking out like Andrew, is the best solution.......
the answer to your fisrt paragraph is that every professional is looking to enjoy those things too. the question is, is everyone getting what they wants and doctors being denied? the answer is no and thats why i said they should be a little bit patient we are all in this together. second paragraph is for doctors to quit thier profession and join politics since it pays better. i do wish things were different sha.
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Lexusgs430: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
the answer to your fisrt paragraph is that every professional is looking to enjoy those things too. the question is, is everyone getting what they wants and doctors being denied? the answer is no and thats why i said they should be a little bit patient we are all in this together. second paragraph is for doctors to quit thier profession and join politics since it pays better. i do wish things were different sha.

Politicians are greedy and liars, hence the reason true professionals refuse to get involved in the political arena of today, in Nigeria........

We are in it together? Is that what we tell our children, wife, dad, mum, grandparents and dependants?

Once choice is available, people tend to sway to areas of comfortability and peace of mind.......

How long would the patience last for, when patients abroad are waiting?

Since 1960, this patient dog got nothing to show but rib cage........

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Amarabae(f): 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
chuksbogus:
If you decide to be realistic the only health workers that are being looked down in Nigeria and when they go abroad they become hot cakes are the Nurses!!! Yes I said the NURSES.Nurses are tagged money making machine abroad and they are the professionals that are leaving this country in thousand every year not Even doctors. I know some sentimental Dr will come out to argue this but deep within them they know it true.

I have said to my self the closest people in health care industries are the Dr and the RN .they are the people that works hand in hand,they are always together everyday and they are the profession in health that intermarry most.In the states the Dr and RN are very close,they respect each other and value the knowledge and potentials in them.That's why you can see a advanced practice nurses ,consultant nurses ,that does some of the functions of a Dr. But here in Nigeria the reverse is the case. I have seen a final year medical student that passed his finals with the help of a nurse in the ward and most of them during House job have been put through some procedure by a nurse though some will try to e proud and pretend to knew only to keep messing up until a nurse comes to his aid.

On the nurse side too ,they have this mentality that Dr are looking down on them hence they are now always on edge when ever they are dealing with drs. Ready to attack but by and large there are still good Dr and good Nurse out there. I think this two professionals should come together to and resolve their differences and unite. Then they can face the govt and get what ever they want.
Nicely put.
My time staying in Nigeria is rounding up,

The traveling money is not an issue,
Just let my infant little baby boy grow up.
My colleague who resigned and moved to Australia showed me her salary scale and I couldn't believe it.
Hahahahahaha.

Those who leave Nigeria are making it.
Nurses are not appreciated in this country.
I can't go to university, graduate, and currently doing my post graduate program only to end up fighting Johesu war.
Lolx.

One of my doctor friend left Nigeria last week to Austria.
If you get chance to leave, no matter your career or profession, you leave.
Sometimes I don't blame these yahoo guys.
Nigeria is dry
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by lukency(m): 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
What makes their leaving special?Other professionals are also leaving. Na them sabi.
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Leopantro: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
murphyibiam15:

I'm a Nigerian doctor too and I'm interested in leaving this shithole... any suggestions as per the best country and how to do so..esp outside usmle and plab.

there is a group on telegram where information regarding various countries to travel to as well as requirements are constantly updated.
PM to get the link.
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by steveDpro: 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
Not good for Nigeria
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Leopantro: 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2018
Amarabae:

Nicely put.

My colleague who resigned and moved to Australia showed me her salary scale and I couldn't believe it.
Hahahahahaha.

I can't go to university, graduate, and currently doing my post graduate program only to end up fighting Johesu war.
Lolx.

Nigeria is dry

Not only will they insult you for dying when you get lassa fever but they will add pepper on top by calling you lazy.

regarding yahoo boys, which other lucrative business brings foreign money BACK into the country unlike every other business that buys stuff and sends money AWAY from the country?

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by danilmo: 1:28pm On Apr 22, 2018
Amarabae:

Nicely put.

Hahahahahaha.

Lolx.

Nigeria is dry

naso,
how many nurse left last year, as if nurse is that scarce,,

please go, plenty nurse are replacing u, over nurse self dey worry nigeria, do u know how many school of nursing we have in Nigeria alone,

Most school training Medic have nursing dept
aside that almost all state have school of nursing
health tech self plenty there graduating nurse like water

so when u av 1 doctor, 5 nurse are available ..

Nigeria won't even feel ur absent ,
johesu online lordship.

consultant amarabae always wana rub shoulder with medics...

lol..yan yan yan..

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by SeanAnderson84: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pls I need
1. plab 1 & 2 materials
2. Australian and Canada info and materials

Thanks.

Can be sent to obioha84@yahoo.com
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Amarabae(f): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
danilmo:

naso,
how many nurse left last year, as if nurse is that scarce,,

please go, plenty nurse are replacing u, over nurse self dey worry nigeria, do u know how many school of nursing we have in Nigeria alone,

Most school training Medic have nursing dept
aside that almost all state have school of nursing
health tech self plenty there graduating nurse like water

so when u av 1 doctor, 5 nurse are available ..

Nigeria won't even feel ur absent ,
johesu online lordship.

consultant amarabae always wana rub shoulder with medics...

lol..yan yan yan..

I want a matured reply.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Amarabae(f): 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
Leopantro:

Not only will they insult you for dying when you get lassa fever but they will add pepper on top by calling you lazy.

regarding yahoo boys, which other lucrative business brings foreign money BACK into the country unlike every other business that buys stuff and sends money AWAY from the country?
The awkward moment you see a secondary school dropout riding a flash car of millions via yahoo.
BTW is there a gender discrimination in yahoo.
We don't normally hear about girls in yahoo grin
Seriously any young person hoping to blow through Nigeria civil service is wasting his or her time.
That's for those who are fortunate to see the job sef.

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by danilmo: 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
Amarabae:

I want a matured reply.
Thanks

don't act funny, matured reply ke wen u already abused nigerian doctors as if they are the cause of ur problem,

My dear johesu inferiority complex made me lost mature talk to johesuite...
na bashing remain biko,
u cant eat ur cake and have it back jare..

mature my foot, not here pls

2 Likes

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Dremog: 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
lulufaj:
The data is incorrect. The GMC conducts plab exams twice yearly with a Centre capacity of 1500. That’s for Uk only. Nigerian doctors practice in Namibia! Things are that bad! Soon rich Nigerians will travel abroad to see us leaving poor Nigerians to suffer.
I expect Nigerians to rise up in unison to demand better medical conditions but they won’t. Some ignorant people are even saying the 2000 is a lie! .
My advice for any serious minded Nigerian doctor. Run for your dear life. You need info,materials etc,lemme know pls.
I need info and materials pls
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Amarabae(f): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
danilmo:

don't act funny, matured reply ke wen u already abused nigerian doctors as if they are the cause of ur problem,

na bashing remain biko,

OK dear.
Have a nice weekend

2 Likes

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by lulufaj(m): 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
danilmo:

biko pls am still in preclinical, yr 3

which class most I get to before writing those usmle and co pls,
cant graduate and one johesu will start shinning teeth for me,,,

Calm down brother.Graduate first ehn.

2 Likes

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by activistjohnny(m): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
Amarabae:

The awkward moment you see a secondary school dropout riding a flash car of millions via yahoo.
BTW is there a gender discrimination in yahoo.
We don't normally hear about girls in yahoo grin
Seriously any young person hoping to blow through Nigeria civil service is wasting his or her time.
That's for those who are fortunate to see the job sef.
hmmmmmm don't conclude early, some are hitting it well in their various field.
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
This is so unfortunate!!!
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Revolva(m): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
my friend that is a medical doctor just left last month to u.k

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by chuksbogus: 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
Revolva:
my friend that is a medical doctor just left last month to u.k

you didn't bid him farewell ??
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by murphyibiam15(m): 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
lulufaj:

Please send a direct message doctor. I am willing to assist you in any way you want.
I have sent you a PM.. kindly reply
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by murphyibiam15(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
Leopantro:

there is a group on telegram where information regarding various countries to travel to as well as requirements are constantly updated.
PM to get the link.
I can't send a pm now... my email is : murphyosita@gmail.com

thanks
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by murphyibiam15(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
danilmo:

na bashing remain biko,

you did fine given that Amarabae a suitable reply... she deserves no mature conversation

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Amarabae(f): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
murphyibiam15:

you did fine given that Amarabae a suitable reply... she deserves no mature conversation
Hahahahahahaha.
Which month are you leaving?
Make una leave me abeg.
No wan laugh

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by murphyibiam15(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
Amarabae:

Nicely put.

Hahahahahaha.

Lolx.

Nigeria is dry
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by Cowmilk(m): 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
lulufaj:
Talk of a Nigerian dying in one of the hospitals now. You see people who know next to nothing about what has happened castigating Nigerian doctors.
India was so bad,many Indian doctors came to naija to practice in the 80s. Things have to get completely destroyed before Nigerians realize. That’s how we are!
I rememer during my interview and I was asked what I earn and I told them(450 pounds),they were shocked. They were like a doctor?!
Let’s all leave then things will start getting better.
baba pls reply my pm
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by stonemasonn: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
vidid2all:

I hate when people play with every truth. Nigeria is seriously going brain drain in all sector yet you chose to say that a proven fact is a LIE.

Get some brain
Haba, brother how many doctors do we even graduate every year?
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by knowhowk: 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
Not really good for the Country .
Re: 2,000 Medical Doctors Leave Nigeria Yearly by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:54am On Apr 23, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
Wait o!

Two taaaasaan?

Doctor should have finish for Naija be dat na!
you de mind dem. De quote statistic anyhow. Bhet seriously our docs de check out at alarming rate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can This Wound Ever Heal?? (graphic Picture) / 9 Habits That May Do More Harm Than Good / COVID-19 Update For August 28 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.