Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? (13737 Views)

The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy / The Difference Between Being A Child Of God And A Son Of God / Was The First Living Thing That Evolved A Child Or An Adult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Kingsley1000(m): 6:36am On Apr 22, 2018
Is there anything bad in naming a child"Jesus"?

If you go to other American, middle east and European contries, the name is prevalent there but why is it that Africans, especially Nigerians haven't adopted the name? Is it a sacrilege or demeaning to our Christiandoom? I only have a problem with "CHRIST" but i think i'll be the first Nigerian to name my son"Jesus"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by royallord1(m): 6:39am On Apr 22, 2018
No its not... Jesus is also a name.. Its only Africa dat don't own the religion will see it as taboo....
South Americans answer that name a lot....

41 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by forreelinc(m): 6:43am On Apr 22, 2018
Ask your daddy

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Tonyosas101(m): 6:44am On Apr 22, 2018
Its not jaree
Everything for 9ja is forbidden to one religious group or the other

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by pdppower: 6:45am On Apr 22, 2018
It's only in this part of the world that people don't name their children Jesus. It's used in Angola and most especially in the South America. There is Jesus Navas, a Spaniard, Gabriel Jesus, a Brazilian etc

13 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Omuneizzy6(m): 6:50am On Apr 22, 2018
In nigeria the piken wont make it...
Imagine calling your child name Buhari.. Ur piken will just be misbehaving.... But we have
Gabriel Jesus
Adam jesus and so on...not in nigeria oo

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by IamD18: 6:50am On Apr 22, 2018
Name your child JUDAS

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Baawaa(m): 6:51am On Apr 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:
Is there anything bad in naming a child"Jesus"?if you goto other American, middle east and european contries,the name is prevalent there but why is it that Africans especially Nigerians haven't adopted the name,is it a sacrilage or demeaning to our christaindoom?i only have a problem with"CHRIST" but i think i'll be the first nigerian to name my son"Jesus"
I hope you still have parent and they are Christians,tell them your intention and hearken to their instructions.

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by diablos: 6:53am On Apr 22, 2018
I named my pet parrot jesus. He's a knuckle head.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 22, 2018
no it's not bad to name one child's Jesus .but in a country like ours it will be weird naming a child Jesus, seeing how religious we are. apart from that I think it's really cool name.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Trustme2(m): 7:00am On Apr 22, 2018
Suit yourself. Make sure he's also able to do tgr miracles Jesus did

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Kneephy(m): 7:03am On Apr 22, 2018
Gabriel Jesus plays for Manchester City

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Karlovich: 7:05am On Apr 22, 2018
Jesus is a Hispanic name, nothing wrong with it

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Samsimple(m): 7:12am On Apr 22, 2018
Africans sef... Specifically some nigerians their way of thinking is appalling... Religion is holding this country down seriously... How does naming a child jesus become a sacrilage... It seem people people named jesus always turn out to be successful.. I will name my child jesus and he will play 4 manchester united..

GGMU..

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Katier00(f): 7:12am On Apr 22, 2018
I named my son Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Gggg102(m): 7:17am On Apr 22, 2018
Joshua and Jesus is the same name with different format. if you are named Joshua, technically you are bearing Jesus.
it's like;

Abraham-Ibrahim.

Moses-Musa.

Mary-Mariam.

Joseph-Yusuf...

one way or the other, people are named Jesus. so if you want to use the Jesus format,... your choice...

16 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by oyetpel(m): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2018
Jesus Navas
Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by JideAmuGiaka: 7:28am On Apr 22, 2018
diablos:

You're free to give your pet any name be it God, it won't change anything and the Bible didn't condemn it. Kudos to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by hopefulLandlord: 7:31am On Apr 22, 2018
Jesus is just another name just like Harry Potter, Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Green Goblin etc

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by eTECTIVe(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2018
Nigerians jus respect d name too much to want to name their kids. It still carries sentimental value.. These countries use d name becos it clearly has a meaning in their languages.. Remember d letter J is pronounced as H in Hispanic and as such it could b d same spelling but different meaning and pronunciation.
Those of u who think Nigerians shld do too becos other countries use d name and think we are jus being too religious, why don't u also want Nigeria to legalise and recognize gays, beastiality or abortion becos other countries do? Or copy every other thing other countries do?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Kingsley1000(m): 7:46am On Apr 22, 2018
Katier00:
I named my son Jesus
It's a lie.the name is not accepted in africa esp nigeria,it seems weird.the religious fanatics see it as something that is abominable

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Kingsley1000(m): 7:49am On Apr 22, 2018
diablos:
I know you're an athiest,you guys are not allowed in this thread...Pls don't derail

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Doerstech(m): 7:56am On Apr 22, 2018
No its not...

But can't name anyone Christ .....

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Gggg102(m): 8:30am On Apr 22, 2018
Doerstech:
No its not...

But can't name anyone Christ .....

I know someone named 'Christus'

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Doerstech(m): 8:38am On Apr 22, 2018
Gggg102:

I know someone named 'Christus'
Goodluck to HIM
Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Blackfire(m): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2018
Yes. And ... No

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by BoyhoodG: 8:59am On Apr 22, 2018
It's cute
Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by okolet(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2018
Well i know Spanish and Portuguese pronounce Jesus as Yesus cause they silent their letter J. Anoda popular example is Jose Mourinho (Man U Coach) where by "Jose" is pronounced "Hose" Mourinho

Shalom!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by teekrackz(m): 9:00am On Apr 22, 2018
Go and ask Jesus Navas and Gabriel Jesus
Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by Pidginwhisper: 9:00am On Apr 22, 2018
Go spain or brazil you go see many jesus..just tell one of dem to carry u go meet him parent then ask this question..

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by cardoso111(m): 9:00am On Apr 22, 2018
In South America, thats the commonest Name. Just like Bello in Ilorin.
In Nigeria, it is hallowed!
Re: Is It A Sacrilege To Name A Child "JESUS"? by SirLakes: 9:01am On Apr 22, 2018
I know of one Jesus Navas

So it is not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hpw Can I Become A Pastor In Rccg? / Why Is Adeboye Seen As Spiritual Father And Why Not Kumuyi? / Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.