Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan (32207 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / It's Easily For An Orphan To Marry a Wrong Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 1:57am On May 21, 2010
I kn ow a that a lot of people would rain insults on me for saying this but it's the plain truth - this is a f*ck*g scam. @ poster you better stop all this 419 stuff and think of doing somtin productive !
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Markenny(m): 1:59am On May 21, 2010
@poster still another ideal,,my friend got seven invitations from german embassy for the forth coming                 trade fair in german.i   get you              here if u really need to come to europ.if not I can share ur house rent with those two pals. My mail is @ my prof.write me, for me to kwn.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Bhola(f): 2:04am On May 21, 2010
I remember reading this thread and thinking, how sad. But, I have been bitten more than once. I remember another nairalander that was writing his finals as a chartered accountant and needed a place to stay. Short story shorter, 200k later, two years later, he is no where to be found.

Menek, I wish you the best. I'll pray for you.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Markenny(m): 2:11am On May 21, 2010
tosag:

I kn ow a that a lot of people would rain insults on me for saying this but it's the plain truth - this is a bleep*g  scam. @ poster you better stop all this 419 stuff and think of doing somtin productive !

Check the poster profile,i think he is cool not who or wat u think he is.believe me.i check his post from day one he is @nairaland he is just on school stuff,helping nairaland students.requsting for job apps.for my own, he really need help.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by SeXyBoNE: 2:23am On May 21, 2010
God bless NL

Though i cannot contribute anytin at the moment , i am realy glad that there are kindhearted and good people on NL

@poster

good luck
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Dolemite(f): 2:24am On May 21, 2010
Markenny:

this thread are not meant for pals like you.if u can't help don't start typing bla bla fu-ckin bla.hallo the guy just need a help. @the write me mail.
Omo if i tell you my own problems you will weep. . .but i deal with them like a man, not posting my problems on the front page of a website.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by vanenkay: 3:39am On May 21, 2010
its good to help but pls make una shine your eyes ooooooooooo wink wink wink wink wink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-

i need a job too nairalanders o
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by pikadily(m): 3:49am On May 21, 2010
@those of you willing to help this guy out please do not be discouraged,people are evil you know.Pls aisha2 when this guy makes it to abuja find away to i.m me i believe i can do my own to assist this guy albeit modestly.To the others instead of branding him as a scammer why not ask for proof or some thing.May be a copy of his NYSC cert. or some thing similar this can be easily confirmed by those living in Abuja.
 Im kinda shocked,there are really good people on nairaland.I always come here for fun i neva thought there is this kind of luv in this place.Thumbs up to you all!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 4:35am On May 21, 2010
I took time to read all his past posts, there is nothing to suggest the OP was lying, his past posts only buttress his story.

Am proud of those of you giving him helping hands. You give me hope for Nigeria, that you could offer him help not minding his tribe/ethnicity.

I wait to read the final story.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Ranoscky(m): 5:21am On May 21, 2010
I don't have much to say but i'll advice doz that r criticising the poster not to critising him anymore.

this maybe a true life story who know's ? and your critism may discourage doz dat'r willing to help him.

i thank god for doz that decided to help out, like @Radiant, @Bim4u, @chiejik etc.

I pray that your helping the @poster will never, i repeat, will never ever be in vain.

do what u can to help him out and god will see u guys through, and pay u guys back in 100folds IJN . . . AMEN!!!

@poster, I WISH U BEST TO COME IN THE FUTURE!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by comechop(m): 6:02am On May 21, 2010
Nairaland - how you have fallen.

As for the OP - I dont know if he's a scam or not - but you know us Nigerians sha o! Do good, but SHINE YA EYE
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Yefet(m): 6:34am On May 21, 2010
This is one of the best story in Nairaland I have come across and this is one of thee best Humanitarian Assistance I have seen Nigerians pull their self together to settle.

God has a reason for this. And I pray to the givers for God favor to locate them where ever they are. And for the receiver I pray that the Lord grant you Wisdom and also make you a vessel to bless others in Jesus name.

Nairaland is more than a forum, it's a place to change destiny and tone stories to Histories and cries to testimonies! God bless you all. I pray that we have such people to be in leadership position in Nigeria soon.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Yefet(m): 6:36am On May 21, 2010
He asked for a Job and not money so you , critics be watchful.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Shola2009(m): 7:06am On May 21, 2010
I kn ow a that a lot of people would rain insults on me for saying this but it's the plain truth - this is a bleep*g scam. @ poster you better stop all this 419 stuff and think of doing somtin productive !
GBAM!!

I wish crackles were here.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:43am On May 21, 2010
On the surface the guys story sounds true and matches up with his previous posts.

I think that if we really want to help him, then we should find him a job first before accommodation because if he is living in Abuja and he subsequently finds a job in Lagos, then he has another problem.

@poster, this is not the time to hide under usernames etc. You can help your case if you can post your resume on here; of course blanking out your contact details bar your telephone number so that prospective employers can see what you have to offer & contact you direct.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by busybody20: 7:44am On May 21, 2010
[size=18pt]last month a fellow nairalander duped another nairalander N2million.[/size]   shocked
read here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440645.192.html

Last month another nler solicited for help

comesaveme:

Trying My Luck for the last time online.I have written this same help ad on some other threads on Nairaland but i still havent gotten what i seek.
I am a year one law student of Olabisi Onabanjo University.Ogun state and presently having problems with my school fees which is in total of N149k and i presently need N25k to add to what i have.
I very much know that everybody has his/her own problem and i definitely didnt work for anyone on here to have merited an helping hand but i beg you all to come to my aid as i very much need it.
The official deadline given lapse today but late registration regime commenced immediately and this theycan end anytime.
I am most willing to email prove of my studenship to anyone that desire.
I hope this plea touches your soft spotand i hope you all understand that i sincerely need the help i confessed.
Thanks in anticipation.

menek:

U makes this take the frontpage. I was hiding under the family thread, i feels so ashame even when my identity is not disclose. Tonight i went to my mum's house and t[b]he husband[/b], What use to makes me weep hopelessly was embrace this time with hope cos i know that, at sun set the story will change. When all this is over i shall post comprehensively about myself cos i know my story certainly will be a source of encouragement to others, it will not also attract further favour then cos i would have been able to provide for myself. As regard my passion, i did some pharmacological courses in sch that makes me to developed love in pharmacy. Again i like doing something in the medical line, i also believe that, if one is hungry u can decide not to eat but if u are sick u must buy drug, so the business will move. But in my analysis though opinionated, going for the pharmacy may cost above 200k,considering the shop space, equiping it (i.e the counter & white paint) and entering the union. I contacted someone in my community and he said 65k cash for the union plus drinks. Definitely town would be higher. if i subtract this from 200k, the remainder may not go far, again i have to be considerate with my helpers too. Therefore i have decided that i will go to chiejik side. I'm not going there for luxury.i can survive on 10-12k/month.when the rent expire i can pair with someone if possible. when the stage has been set for me i will tap from there and become relevant in life. what i need is just the opportunity to start from somewhere. I don't even know what i can pay for this favour. But my creator wil reward u. God pls provide and bless this ones for me.

Husband, i thought you didnt have a dad  

[size=15pt]
Sorry, anyone can claim to be anything on the internet,  (double usernames) different personalities[/size]

Sorry I cant help, good luck to you

Me sef I need a JOB, [size=16pt]If everybody wrote their problems on NL,  Nairaland go full[/size]Na wa for seun, how can he put this kind of topic on the Front page  
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by unclebros: 7:49am On May 21, 2010
To all the folks that are taking steps to help this young man, Please note that you are setting yourself up for something great. I know God will embarrass you guys very soon.

on behalf of God, I say a big thank you.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by daroz(m): 7:56am On May 21, 2010
I am really really impress with the contributions of all nairalanders so far. Keep it up brothers, lets help one and another. ONE LOVE.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Sissy3(f): 8:01am On May 21, 2010
busybody20:

Husband, i thought you didnt have a dad  

my dad died when i was not even up to a year according to my mum. I am the first and only child, because of his death the marriage broke up. My mom re-marry leaving me with my grand mom (a widow). 
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 8:05am On May 21, 2010
May God help you
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by maduka001(m): 8:08am On May 21, 2010
I never knew we still have public spirited Nigerians! God is good
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by busybody20: 8:12am On May 21, 2010
~Sissy~

oops my bad, thanks for pointing that out  grin
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 8:15am On May 21, 2010
I no even get power to read the entire story as the writind they hazardous to my eyes.
However, i have a feeling your story is genuine (I could be wrong but who cares?).
I want to join the crowd trying to help you.
Whichever of these job offers mentioned here materializes, let us know and i will contribute 15,000 Naira to your accomodation needs (i'm no rich guy and if i list my own issues, NL go run but i'l probably spend more than 15k this nite as a friday nite).
I would either give it directly to you or give pass it through Aisha (i will request for her details in due course).
I suggest we restrict our assistance to a job and accomodation.
Scam full ground but a man gotta do what a human got to do (help another soul).
i tried getting involved in a similar venture through NEXT234, they linked me up with the NGO in question (based on a NEXT article).
I use my hard earned money call the woman from overseas, the story wey she just they give me no just add up.
several holes everywhere,i just cut out.
scam full ground but how we go do.
If we are providing him with a job and an accomodation, our losses are minimized.
If he abandons the job within a limited period, we kick him out of the accomodation.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by princekevo(m): 8:17am On May 21, 2010
tosag:

I kn ow a that a lot of people would rain insults on me for saying this but it's the plain truth - this is a bleep*g scam. @ poster you better stop all this 419 stuff and think of doing somtin productive !
My fren if you cant help why not jst shut and let those who can to help the poster. Do you actually know the definition of a Scam? The Poster from his initial post did not ask for any finacial assistance, but a job Opportunity.
More than 50% of Nigerian population are the same position as the poster just explained. I dont know how someone seeking for a job opportunity could be a scam.

Meanwhile dont take those who have offered to help for fools, becoz they would make sure that their money is being used exactly for the purpose it was meant for.

Dolemite:

I don't get it, why is this topic on the front page? this is getting embarrassing! the Nairaland front page is now a thing of ridicule, from indomie being poisonous, to killer yams now this? O how the mighty have fallen. sad

These sounds like all these rich kids who never saw the other side of the world. To them the world is filled with bed of roses.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by skfa1: 8:18am On May 21, 2010
@ aisha2

Pls before anybody giving money or accommodation to the poster, aisha2 kindly make sure that you see the poster face to face in Abuja and have a word with him and give us feedback. We will like to see some evidence too.

I like helping people but i dislike to be duped.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by princekevo(m): 8:26am On May 21, 2010
@ Topic
Am very much Impressed reading through this thread. Sometimes i imagine having such people with human heart at the corners of power. Nigeria would be a better place for all with you guys.

On behalf of the poster i thank every hands that has lifted up to help this young man, every mouth that have promised to help and every heart that wished to help, but have no opportunity to do so. May God bless all of you and reward you abundantly. Amen.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by osifred(m): 8:35am On May 21, 2010
am sure am raise d notion abt d poster being a possible scam.
if there is one thing abt Nigerians we let emotion over rule our sense of fair judgement, i remember d posts during d sickness of yaradua d thread changed automatically when he died.
mr poster y have u dont bother to reply to critic do u think ur write will betray ur act.
like i say in my previous post am nt sure u r a scam bt dats is a possible option.
i can and believe other nairalanders can help u bt find u have to publish ur CV/resume like i told u b4 so we can contact u and know d exact plight of ur situation b4 helping .

mr poster if indeed u are nt a scam am really sori for my poster i dont mean to discourage anybody 4rm assisting a needy nairalander afterall we r suppose to be or brother's keeper. Goodluck inur endeavour
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by ibomhost: 8:38am On May 21, 2010
@donors, Yes! Its good to help and at the same time its good to make sure that your help pays and real good. I'll advice you guys to wait until this dude has taken the right decision on what he wants to do with his life before making any payment because it is 100% possible for him to waste the buck after reciept. Yes! Making a decision will enable him kick start his dream immediately he recieve the bucks, Right now, the dude is confuse.

@poster, Life in Abuja is not same as in Nassarwa or River State you've been since. Life in Abuja is not all about fun and hustle, You need to have a stable begining in order to achieve a good end. Stay where you are right now, establish yourself first before thinking of travelling around the globe because your decision on going to Abuja is all about the travel not for yourself.

Thats my 2 cents.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mexxyaaron(m): 8:43am On May 21, 2010
@bim4e,chiejik,radiant and aisha u guys are definately one in a million,never really knew there are still caring and passionate ladies in naija.pls all ladies out there learn from the four wonder women.i really would love to know u guys personally if u done mind pls,u can send me a mail on mexxy3a@yahoo.com.May God continue to bless u all for ur kind and generous deeds.I remove my hat for u these wonder women.@poster pls dont fail/disappiont these wonder women cos if u do u are gonna affect the life of other needy one negatively,pls be warn.I personally keep a tack on u cos i have contact in THE POLICE FORCE.DONT FAIL THEM.

LADIES ONCE AGAIN I ADORE U ALL FOR UR GESTURE,LETS GET IN TOUCH PLEASE.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by ibomhost: 8:51am On May 21, 2010
I dunno this Dude but I can 100% testify he is not a Scam.
NOTE: 1. If he was a scam he wouldn't have accepted the offer to work in ABJ w/ the first ASSISTANT. 2. Even when he was offered an opportunity to collect the money and start something in his own environ, he still insisted on going to Abuja because he likes Abuja-Life not because there is green pasture outta. 3. Do your investigation, everything he talked about the Patent Medicine Bussiness is 90% correct, Atleast iKnow few peeps that are into it and how it works. But 200k though can start something, may not be able to establish the dude.

***IF YOU CAN HELP THIS DUDE, PLS DO. DON'T ALLOW ANY CURIOUS/GREEDY BEING TO POISON YOUR MIND.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 8:58am On May 21, 2010
Ok this is becoming something else. The poster never asked for money, he asked for a Job, someone offered him a job but he had o accomodation, the poster said he will call a friend who assisted him during his service year so he can squat (Note: he did not ask for money for Accomodation), Some Nairalanders decided to help him pay for a place.
I understand the need for caution, since I live in Abuja and the poster has decided to take the job instead of starting a business, when he is ready to come down, I will help him look for a place depending on the location of the Office, I can ask some people in Dawaki (near Gwarinpa), Karu, Nyanaya, and Ado for that amount to get a place for him, not with the whole N200k so that he can have some extra for little furniture, Plates and pots. However, it will be adivsable to pay the rent directly to the landlord when a place is found.
pikadily:

@those of you willing to help this guy out please do not be discouraged,people are evil you know.Pls aisha2 when this guy makes it to abuja find away to i.m me i believe i can do my own to assist this guy albeit modestly.To the others instead of branding him as a scammer why not ask for proof or some thing.May be a copy of his NYSC cert. or some thing similar this can be easily confirmed by those living in Abuja.
Im kinda shocked,there are really good people on nairaland.I always come here for fun i neva thought there is this kind of luv in this place.Thumbs up to you all!
mbulela:

I no even get power to read the entire story as the writind they hazardous to my eyes.
However, i have a feeling your story is genuine (I could be wrong but who cares?).
I want to join the crowd trying to help you.
Whichever of these job offers mentioned here materializes, let us know and i will contribute 15,000 Naira to your accomodation needs (i'm no rich guy and if i list my own issues, NL go run but i'l probably spend more than 15k this nite as a friday nite).
I would either give it directly to you or give pass it through Aisha (i will request for her details in due course).
I suggest we restrict our assistance to a job and accomodation.
Scam full ground but a man gotta do what a human got to do (help another soul).
i tried getting involved in a similar venture through NEXT234, they linked me up with the NGO in question (based on a NEXT article).
I use my hard earned money call the woman from overseas, the story wey she just they give me no just add up.
several holes everywhere,i just cut out.
scam full ground but how we go do.
If we are providing him with a job and an accomodation, our losses are minimized.
If he abandons the job within a limited period, we kick him out of the accomodation.
Thank you Guys. if you know me, This is my Job and am very meticulous when it comes to Cases like this, i try to make sure every I is doted and every T is crossed.
@Poster, when you take the Job here, contact that your friend so you can stay wih him for a while, while we search for a place, i have already asked people to start looking for a place for you, the closet to town is dawaki and i was told that a 1 room apartment goes for N150K, so with all your contributions and other donations, if he is smart, the poster will be able to get a place and get some furniture. As soon as the job i secure and He is ready to move let me know so i can get to work.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by texazzpete(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2010
The people accusing this fellow of being a scammer are mo'rons.

I mean, how hard is it to click to his profile and read his posting history? His story has been extremely consistent with his history here on Nairaland since he joined in June 2009. It's much easier to check this out first before making snarky comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court / Mohbad: Where’s Imole’s Mother ? / Excited Nigerian Mother Shares Birthday Gift Her Kids Got Her With Lunch Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.