Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Autos (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (26243 Views)

Insurance Services: Get Your Motor Insurance/renewal Within 5mins / Contact Us For Your Motor Spare Parts Such As Toyota,nissan,honda, Etc / How Your Motor Fluids Can Get You Killed... Must Read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by dewale1234(m): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hello Sir

What's your take of Ford Escape 2008
Is it economical and cost effective in terms of maintenance and fuel efficiency?

Thanks sir
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
kingreign:

Your car manufacturer states 30psi cold air pressure. Is your ABS light on?

No the ABS light isn't on. Just the TPMS light.

I guessed as much. I'll have the tyres re-gauged and readjusted to 30. And if the light is still on, I'd let you know.

Thank you so much.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 16, 2019
thebigkendo:

45 is too high for your car.. Check the driver door jam for the appropriate tire pressure

Thank you. Please what's the driver door jam? Is it that part of the car close to the seat adjustment panel?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Inception(m): 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2019
kingreign:

Your car manufacturer states 30psi cold air pressure. Is your ABS light on?

I don't think this affects the ABS, being a Toyota.

But the TPMS light will definitely be on.

And true, your Tire pressure should not be more than 30PSI.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 9:17pm On Jan 16, 2019
ItsJazmine:

No the ABS light isn't on. Just the TPMS light.

I guessed as much. I'll have the tyres re-gauged and readjusted to 30. And if the light is still on, I'd let you know.

Thank you so much.
your tyre valves are they metals c type or black rubber type?

Where is your location?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
Inception:

I don't think this affects the ABS, being a Toyota.

But the TPMS light will definitely be on.

And true, your Tire pressure should not be more than 30PSI.

Toyotas 04-06 have indirect TPMS readings. Meaning the wheel speed sensors take readings and monitoring of all wheel rotation. Any variation in a wheel speed triggers the TPMS malfunction light to come on.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
kingreign:
your tyre valves are they metals c type or black rubber type?

Where is your location?

Wow, I don't know. What's the difference?

My location is Lagos
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2019
ItsJazmine:

Wow, I don't know. What's the difference?

My location is Lagos

If your valve are metallic type you have a TPMS sensor if its black rubber type you need to check your ABS system. Since you're in Lagos, ask Gazzuzz to refer you to someone to reset the system for you.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
kingreign:

Toyotas 04-06 have indirect TPMS readings. Meaning the wheel speed sensors take readings and monitoring of all wheel rotation. Any variation in a wheel speed triggers the TPMS malfunction light to come on.

It's a 2007 car though. Does it apply too?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2019
ItsJazmine:

It's a 2007 car though. Does it apply too?

You may have the metallic valves installed. And they may had been damaged. Did you damaged your tyre recently, did you change alloy wheels or change a tyre or work on a tyre recently?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by thebigkendo(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
ItsJazmine:

Thank you. Please what's the driver door jam? Is it that part of the car close to the seat adjustment panel?

Where the driver door meets the car body

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
kingreign:

If your valve are metallic type you have a TPMS sensor if its black rubber type you need to check your ABS system. Since you're in Lagos, ask Gazzuzz to refer you to someone to reset the system for you.

Then it's the metallic type. Cos my ABS light isn't showing.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2019
obinnanelson4:
Good job you are doing motorguru, God bless you.
please help, I have inspected my radiator both when heated after driving and when cold early in the morning there is no sign of leakage. I will fill the radiator and the overflow tank to the appropriate marks before driving to the office but the next morning I always discover that;
1, the level of water in the radiator has gone low.
2, the level of water in the overflow tank has risen above normal at times to the brim.
I sense the temperature guage usually goes above normal quickly but doesn't get to overheating range and I have changed the radiator cap twice. pls help me out, it's a 92 Civic but clean.

Sorry for the predicament sir.
There are 5 possibilities :
1. You have a coolant leak clamps not properly tightened
2. Your cooling system is not properly bled( presence of air pockets/ bubbles in your cooling system)
3. Your Radiator may be blocked
4. You have a bad water pump.
5. Bad / improper operation of cooling fan.

Start with checking the operation of your cooling fan. It should suck in air when operating. Then by properly bleeding your system. If that checks out, check and inspect your water pump for leaks( this would be easy if you have coolant and not water in your system). If bad replace .
Finally , impact all hoses and clamps. Then inspect your radiator, flush if blocked. If blockage is bad, replace radiator.

Keep us posted on this forum on how it pans out.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Creamhoney11: 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
Good day, Pls I have a honda accord 2005. My mechanic changed the gear oil instead of the usual top up. While using the Car,it stopped and will only move backwards when put it in reverse mode. In drive mode, it doesn't move ffwd. Pls help
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:03pm On Jan 16, 2019
Creamhoney11:
Good day, Pls I have a honda accord 2005. My mechanic changed the gear oil instead of the usual top up. While using the Car,it stopped and will only move backwards when put it in reverse mode. In drive mode, it doesn't move ffwd. Pls help

You need to urgently drain the oil from your gear fast! The gear oil your mech put in will ( or may have already ) damage your gear. Look for 3 liters of genuine Honda DW1 atf ( contact Luvinhubby on the forum) for its availability and perform a drain and refill. If it starts returning to normal, then perform drain and refill 3 more times.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Creamhoney11: 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
MotorGuru:

You need to urgently drain the oil from your gear fast! The gear oil your mech put in will ( or may have already ) damage your gear. Look for 3 liters of genuine Honda DW1 atf ( contact Luvinhubby on the forum) for its availability and perform a drain and refill. If it starts returning to normal, then perform drain and refill 3 more times.

Thank you so much Sir. I just heard that the car is not starting as i had to park and leave it in the villa when the issue arose. My father had the gear box was changed , still it is not starting. Hope it is not late to drain the gear oil. Thank you
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by obinnanelson4(m): 11:42pm On Jan 16, 2019
MotorGuru:

Sorry for the predicament sir.
There are 5 possibilities :
1. You have a coolant leak clamps not properly tightened
2. Your cooling system is not properly bled( presence of air pockets/ bubbles in your cooling system)
3. Your Radiator may be blocked
4. You have a bad water pump.
5. Bad / improper operation of cooling fan.

Start with checking the operation of your cooling fan. It should suck in air when operating. Then by properly bleeding your system. If that checks out, check and inspect your water pump for leaks( this would be easy if you have coolant and not water in your system). If bad replace .
Finally , impact all hoses and clamps. Then inspect your radiator, flush if blocked. If blockage is bad, replace radiator.

Keep us posted on this forum on how it pans out.
Sir, the cooling fan has been checked and confirmed it is sucking in air towards the engine operationally. Next I will go and have the radiator flushed internally then hose and clamps checked like you said and see how it goes. will keep you posted.

Hello everyone, the radiator was removed and taken to where it was flushed. it came back looking very neat. the hose clamps and clips were all fastened after which water was added and the mechanic bleed it to remove air bubbles. He top it again to reach required levels. I drove the car arround for about 10mins, came back and parked the car. the mechanic inspected under the car for drops of water but found non. when the engine cool Abit he opened the radiator and behold the level of coolant has dropped and moved to fill up the reserve water tank.
He refilled the radiator and replaced the pressure cap and I drove it round again yet the same thing happened. Pls my fellow gurus what else should we do.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 17, 2019
thebigkendo:

Where the driver door meets the car body

Oh cool! Thanks a lot, I'll check it out first thing in the morning smiley
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 17, 2019
kingreign:

You may have the metallic valves installed. And they may had been damaged. Did you damaged your tyre recently, did you change alloy wheels or change a tyre or work on a tyre recently?

Nope, none of the above
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:17am On Jan 17, 2019
Hey there!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
smiley
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 18, 2019
thebigkendo:

45 is too high for your car.. Check the driver door jam for the appropriate tire pressure

I checked this morning. It states psi32 for front and rear.

Will get to a vulcanizer and adjust it accordingly.

Thanks so much.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 9:13am On Jan 18, 2019
ItsJazmine:

I checked this morning. It states psi32 for front and rear.

Will get to a vulcanizer and adjust it accordingly.

Thanks so much.

Glad to be of service ma wink

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 5:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
here for you!
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by double3(m): 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2019
Please can u recommend a car scanner suitable for an 09 corolla
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hi MotorGuru,

Happy Sunday.

I noticed this afternoon that my engine immobilizes light blinks when I lock the car, but if I put the key in the ignition it stops. I’ve never really taken notice of it before. Please is it normal?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
ItsJazmine:
Hi MotorGuru,

Happy Sunday.

I noticed this afternoon that my engine immobilizes light blinks when I lock the car, but if I put the key in the ignition it stops. I’ve never really taken notice of it before. Please is it normal?

Yes dear, it's normal.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
kingreign:

Yes dear, it's normal.

Ah, thank you. I was beginning to get scared. Thanks a lot.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
ItsJazmine:

Ah, thank you. I was beginning to get scared. Thanks a lot.

Quite impressive that you take note of these about your car.

Wishing you years of trouble- free driving wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2019
MotorGuru:

Quite impressive that you take note of these about your car.

Wishing you years of trouble- free driving wink

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the kind words
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
ItsJazmine:

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the kind words

check spare tyre. Some systems are equipped with 5tyre sensor readouts. Ensure spare tyre has 32psi

2 Likes

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

check spare tyre. Some systems are equipped with 5tyre sensor readouts. Ensure spare tyre has 32psi

Okay. I'll do that. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

2012 Mercedez Benz F700 / I Need A Full Option! 2006 Toyota Camry or 2005 Toyota Avalon / Get Your Cars From Cotonou Port With Ease: Low Milage ,clean And Good Price !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.