Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,814 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... (61950 Views)

You Shouldn’t Own A Car If You Are A Tenant — Financial Guru Advises Nigerians / Buy & Fix Your Motor Windscreen / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
Abdullateef99:

Morning,
I have a Camry 2009 2AZ
I have been having this issue for a while now.
Everything seems fine but when I switch on the AC idle drops around 520RPM and car starts shaking even when I switch to park or neutral I still feel the vibrations.
Car surges once in a while when at stop with AC on.

Check routing of all vacuum hoses and ensure it is connected correctly.
if ok, check condition of spark plugs and ignition coils.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by toluwaney: 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
kingreign:

thanks for the referral, but I am sorry i no longer support repairs on cars 2003 bwow.

Guru please I need your help, tolulopei.oginni@gmail.com is my email
I am about replacing my gear and i dont want to run into trouble
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
toluwaney:

Guru please I need your help, tolulopei.oginni@gmail.com is my email
I am about replacing my gear and i dont want to run into trouble
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Naanshepnick: 11:38am On May 02, 2019
Car guru pls I want to buy a BMW E39 Nigerian used which one will u recommend for me between 525i , 528i 530i and m5 of year 2000 to 2003
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by radautoworks: 7:59am On May 04, 2019
Naanshepnick:
Car guru pls I want to buy a BMW E39 Nigerian used which one will u recommend for me between 525i , 528i 530i and m5 of year 2000 to 2003

Beamers are finicky and don't fare well in Nigeria. Switch brands. Each beamer comes with a resident gremlin grin
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by captainking(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2019
Motorguru.. Kingreign.. Nurey... Radautoworks...
Please what is the difference between the 06 to 2009 civic models of North American and Asian models of Honda civic. That is the next car I plan to buy...
Kindly enlighten me please.. Thanks..
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by kingreign(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2019
captainking:
Motorguru.. Kingreign.. Nurey... Radautoworks...
Please what is the difference between the 06 to 2009 civic models of North American and Asian models of Honda civic. That is the next car I plan to buy...
Kindly enlighten me please.. Thanks..
Body shell and the plant of manufacture are the difference.

1 Like

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by captainking(m): 3:11pm On May 05, 2019
kingreign:

Body shell and the plant of manufacture are the difference.
oh..cos as part of my pre-purchase research.. I was told that price of the engine differs for both asian and American version... With one being more more expensive than the other..
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Ogie3: 3:14pm On May 05, 2019
Pls I have mustibishi L200 2x4 2doors pickup (Fuel). I don't know how to get the year it was manufactured
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nurey(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2019
captainking:
oh..cos as part of my pre-purchase research.. I was told that price of the engine differs for both asian and American version... With one being more more expensive than the other..

looking at the engine type I can guess most normal civic come with the 1.6 or 1.8, the only expensive engine the civic would carry would mean you either bought a type R civic, civic Si or the Acura CSX which has same body shell as civic but sold mostly in Canada.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nurey(m): 4:17pm On May 05, 2019
Ogie3:
Pls I have mustibishi L200 2x4 2doors pickup (Fuel). I don't know how to get the year it was manufactured

copy your vin into Google and your information about the Mitsubishi would be listed
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by captainking(m): 5:40pm On May 05, 2019
nurey:

looking at the engine type I can guess most normal civic come with the 1.6 or 1.8, the only expensive engine the civic would carry would mean you either bought a type R civic, civic Si or the Acura CSX which has same body shell as civic but sold mostly in Canada.
oh...thanks for this info..
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by thebigkendo(m): 6:34pm On May 05, 2019
captainking:

What they mean is probably North American Spec and bought brand new in Naija spec(Asian)
As for the engine... I think they both use the same engine.. I might be wrong sha

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by deathwing(m): 6:43pm On May 05, 2019
SO a BMW mechanic just told me not to get the e46 325xi i had been planning on because 'the parts of the AWD are rare and different from the normal ones'.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by captainking(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2019
thebigkendo:

What they mean is probably North American Spec and bought brand new in Naija spec(Asian)
As for the engine... I think they both use the same engine.. I might be wrong sha
Fantastic
.thanks for this info.. The rear light have been confusing me.. Thanks so much for this clarification..cold origin and fish for you sir..
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by thebigkendo(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2019
captainking:

Fantastic
.thanks for this info.. The rear light have been confusing me.. Thanks so much for this clarification..cold origin and fish for you sir..

I'ld prefer this with the fish.. Please where can I claim it grin grin www.nairaland.com/attachments/9319805_img20190411204414_jpeg8a0e18988a26fc6e5628ebeb70269322
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Ifebazz(m): 8:39pm On May 05, 2019
Good evening. My Toyota Avensis '96 Wagon has been giving some iron to iron rubbing kinda of noise. More like brakepad rubbing iron against iron. I noticed that when I was on reverse some days ago, the front wheels sort of locked. This morning on my way to church, I noticed that the the brakes pedal floored and I had to pump it up before the brakes could hold.
On reaching the house it also got flat and on pumping it I discovered that the hydraulic was just leaking from one of the front wheels. Please what's the problem and how do I go about fixing it? It's a first for me and I don't want to be a maga for the mechanics. Thanks.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by captainking(m): 10:34pm On May 05, 2019
thebigkendo:

I'ld prefer this with the fish.. Please where can I claim it grin grin www.nairaland.com/attachments/9319805_img20190411204414_jpeg8a0e18988a26fc6e5628ebeb70269322

Hahahha
.that is the definition of chilled drink... grin
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nurey(m): 6:16am On May 06, 2019
deathwing:
SO a BMW mechanic just told me not to get the e46 325xi i had been planning on because 'the parts of the AWD are rare and different from the normal ones'.

yes the AWD parts would be different from RWD or FWD in the wheels/leg section am talking about shocks, transfer case etc. As for the parts been rare I don't know about that never used one b4 personally.

cc Denn
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by nurey(m): 6:17am On May 06, 2019
Ifebazz:
Good evening. My Toyota Avensis '96 Wagon has been giving some iron to iron rubbing kinda of noise. More like brakepad rubbing iron against iron. I noticed that when I was on reverse some days ago, the front wheels sort of locked. This morning on my way to church, I noticed that the the brakes pedal floored and I had to pump it up before the brakes could hold.
On reaching the house it also got flat and on pumping it I discovered that the hydraulic was just leaking from one of the front wheels. Please what's the problem and how do I go about fixing it? It's a first for me and I don't want to be a maga for the mechanics. Thanks.

You have problems in the brake section the best advice is to look for a qualified technician to inspect it.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Denn(m): 8:41am On May 06, 2019
nurey:

yes the AWD parts would be different from RWD or FWD in the wheels/leg section am talking about shocks, transfer case etc. As for the parts been rare I don't know about that never used one b4 personally.

cc Denn

The parts are available...just a little bit more expensive
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 11:47am On May 06, 2019
captainking:

Please sir go for the american spec. Thank me later.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by captainking(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2019
MotorGuru:

Please sir go for the american spec. Thank me later.

Thanks a lot sir,,i assume this is the american specs of the civic right??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 1:04pm On May 06, 2019
captainking:

Thanks a lot sir,,i assume this is the american specs of the civic right??

yes sir.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by deathwing(m): 1:42pm On May 06, 2019
Denn:

The parts are available...just a little bit more expensive

Ok thanks. To be safe, I think I'll just go for the RWD. I don't really need the extra weight and fuel consumption of AWD since i don't move around so much.

Also, do you have any idea how much these smoked headlights cost?

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by Denn(m): 1:52pm On May 06, 2019
deathwing:

Ok thanks. To be safe, I think I'll just go for the RWD. I don't really need the extra weight and fuel consumption of AWD since i don't move around so much.

Also, do you have any idea how much these smoked headlights cost?

Around 300 USD before shipping

PS I own this manual and it is needing a new owner for 6 5 0 k

Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by captainking(m): 5:03pm On May 06, 2019
MotorGuru:

yes sir.
NICE,,,,,then i guess that would be the one i would look out for.

thanks so much
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by jceesquare(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2019
Ogas in the house I have issues with my car A/C.
It's a Nissan Almera 1998 with the Sr20 engine.
I noticed each time I turn on the A/C, the car would find it difficult to rev hard. The RPM is slightly above 800 with A/C on and does not seem low but when you try to rev the engine it responds slowly as if the engine is under immerse load and accelerate as if it's towing something heavy.
I also noticed the A/C works or cools fine when the car is in motion or when you rev it up, but doesn't really work fine when stationary.
The car has manual transmission and runs perfect without A/C.
Pls I need help as my A/C guy does not know what to do again and is confused.
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by drakeskull(m): 10:04pm On May 07, 2019
deathwing:

Very true and suspension parts are expensive and complicated than it’s regular RWD counterpart
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by cokegee: 10:25pm On May 07, 2019
Please do any one here a good and reliable AC man
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by MotorGuru: 12:19am On May 08, 2019
cokegee:
Please do any one here a good and reliable AC man

Cc. Mobus, Gazzuzz
Re: Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... by martyns200(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2019
hello, what do u think of a toks yaris 2007 model in terms of maintenance and fuel consumption and is there anything i should be worried about later on?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply)

Mercedez Benz GLK 350 Abandoned By In Sapele By Unknown People (Photos) / Keke Napep With Padlocked 3 Tyres, Causes A Stir In Warri (Photos) / Can You Enter This Kind Of Bus With Your Clear Eyes? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.