Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

My Letter On Association Of Lazy Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Letter On Association Of Lazy Youth (378 Views)

Saraki Finally Speaks On Association With Hushpuppi, Replies APC / DSS To Arrest Samuel Ogundipe Who Leaked Monguno's Letter On Abba Kyari - SIGNAL / Kachikwu's Letter On Corruption In NNPC: SERAP Asks Buhari To Suspend Baru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Letter On Association Of Lazy Youth by Davefirst(m): 9:17am On Apr 23, 2018
Dear President Muhammadu Buhari,

I am airing my agitation in regrets and disappointment in you for the speech made in London to demarket the larger percentage of your workforce, the youth, in the face of international community.

Mr. President, for the past three years of your administration, you have been making comments in disadvantage to the national interest, zeal and vision toward development in various international settings; this last one broke the camel back, saying our uneducated youths, sit down and doing nothing but expect the dividend of democracy from the national cake.

Your assertion could have been right if your government have provided 24 hours power supply as you promised during your campaigns, enabling environment for small and medium enterprises to thrive, single digit interest rate for loans in commercial banks, qualitative education system that encourages the youth to be innovative, research and technical supports among numerous others. But all what should be provided by the government were thrown into blame games to the past administration and now to the youths. It’s a pity this is what we signed up for.

First of all, what is the relationship between the question asked and your response? Sir, you were asked to give final comment to your interview which the concluding point could have been an avenue to water the appetite of investors in acting against their doubt about Nigeria, not a statement that will tell the investors that when you come to invest in Nigeria, understand that the larger percentage of our youths are uneducated, they will sit down and do nothing but expect the government to give them housing, healthcare and education. It is insult to the youth seeing the numero uno citizen denouncing them even when they have shown him supports and love during his trying times.

Remember the youths gave you their total supports even when they knew you didn’t have school certificate result when there is an opportunity cost of a doctoral candidate. Mr. President sir, we never blamed you for spending over 30 years after your first reign as the head of state for not advancing beyond secondary school certification as you claimed to have, we didn’t condemn you for not building your business beyond the shore like your other colleagues has done which has helped in creating employment opportunities for several youths. The youths never accused you of wrong doing even though you don’t have any foundation, support group or humanitarian programme in your name even when you are capable of doing so. For all our supports and love, your statement in Commonwealth is what we get in return sir, thank you.

Before ending my note to you sir, I will acknowledge the efforts of the ‘lazy’ youths who have been hustling in the draconian system of Nigeria but you failed to mention them in the statement. Mr. President, let me introduce to you Seun Osewa, the founder of Nairaland.com, the largest online forum in Africa, he is the master of lazy youths association sir. Yomi casual, the Lagos based stylist whose designs have gone international, he is also parts of the lazy youth sir; Wale Yusuf of Techpoint, the online tech hub who rise from being a security guard to being one of the top tech guys in Nigeria, he is very lazy youth; Linda Ikeji, Africa no 1 female blogger, she is leading the laziness class sir; Iyinola Aboyeji of Andela to Bosun Tijani and Femi Longe of CcHub, those guyz that Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook came to visit the other day, hope you remember now, they are the class representative of lazy youths; Sowore of Sahara reporter, that one is very very lazy sir. In short, the Super Eagles, the Nollywood star, the young Engineers, the Mechanics, the developers, the young Architect, the guyz in the street hustling, the computer village guyz, the Alaba guyz, the young ladies in Eko Idumota and Oshodi, the roadside traders… we are all lazy sir.

Finally Mr President, I think it is right for you to apologize publicly to the youths in Nigeria on local, national and international platforms for the statement made to belittle their efforts, zeal, goals and visions of the young generation to connect with the national aspiration and development. Failure to do this will surely have detrimental effect in the nearest future. Thank You

1 Like

Re: My Letter On Association Of Lazy Youth by Mogidi: 9:23am On Apr 23, 2018
Nice article
Re: My Letter On Association Of Lazy Youth by Davefirst(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Mogidi:
Nice article
Thanks sir

(1) (Reply)

7seven Reasons Why President Declared For 2nd Term / Possible Reasons For The Drama In The Senate Revealed. / Lazynigerianyouths Gets A Page On Wikipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.