Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos (23136 Views)

Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage / Sickle Cell Patient And Rape Victim Celebrates 19th Birthday (Photos) / 94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by nairavsdollars(f): 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
Still a long way to go in this country,BUT Ambode is trying. take heart bro
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by binsanni(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
waiting no go happen for naija

Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Cuteamigo1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
i thought oxygen is delivered directly from the tank or cylinder. doctors am i right
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Adewhaley(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
That's bad...
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Talknochip(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
sad! Our system has killed many dreams and destinies!.. God help us!
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by seguno2: 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
IamHeWrites:
if I had raised money for bone marrow transplant” .... if the management of Epe General hospital did their Job, you were trying to survive with a oxygen gas mask! Then boom nepa took light and behold the “No Fuel Excuses”

The same Epe claimed by Ambode as his hometown?
The same Epe claimed by the former LASHA Speaker?
The same Epe General hospital that was launched with fanfare by Fashola when he was governor?
APC and lies will kill all of us. Certainly.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Omojudy: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
seguno2:
Can we say that Fashola killed the patient with his fake promise to give 24/7 electricity?
Buhari and APC told us that once we vote out PDP we will have no problem with electricity.
Three years after, how far
Buhari is a failure. Failure is Buhari.
It's our laziness that made it unrealisable.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Omojudy: 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
salt1:
This pulls at the heartstrings.

Just for knowledge sake, are there facilities for bone marrow transplants here in Nigeria.

Where and how much?
Anyone with useful information should please share. I have a sickler and I'm always scared of her calls
I hear there is and it has been done in UBTH. I also hear it's mostly performed on children not adults.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Abeyjide: 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
this is bad. it happened to my aunty 3 weeks ago when the nurse spent over 50 mins before bringing the oxygen to replaced the one being used that was not functioning well. she later showed up after she has given up the ghost.happened in University of ilorin teaching hospital.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Leebeedo(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is really heart wrecking.... actually crying right now. Stuffs like this made me leave that useless country and as long as I’m alive, I’ll pull members of my family out of that hell fire called a country one after the other.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Ayobami7(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
Okkay
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Karleb(m): 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
This nation is definitely a failed one.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by bettyLad(f): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
salt1:
This pulls at the heartstrings.

Just for knowledge sake, are there facilities for bone marrow transplants here in Nigeria.

Where and how much?
Anyone with useful information should please share. I have a sickler and I'm always scared of her calls
when you get your Info's pls let me know ..I'm so scared for my son reading all this news .I ve a sickle 5years old son ,thank God its been 2yrs now since he last suffer a major crises ..I just want to save my boy from futher pains

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by KrystosCJ(m): 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
My condolences go out to this brother of ours who has been robbed of happiness by the nonchalance of our leaders. It's not just Buhari that does not care about us, it's the lot of our ministers, lawyers, senators and governors who simply create laws to enrich themselves and their cronies at the expense of the lives of the citizens they should be responsible for.

May their graves reject those in government or affiliated to government who are guilty of dereliction to human life.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by exenxe1(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
one word

buhari caused this
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by steveDpro: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
Sad
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by SucreB: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
i cant believe i just cried reading this......this is Sad!!!
cry cry cry
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Eyanmukaila(m): 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
Yet Nigerian people would say the govt is working. the only privileged in Nigeria are the politicians and the rich, not excluding those with ties to the politicians.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by WilliamsNedd: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
Pathetic...

Make 5k daily directly to your bank account just by using your facebook account for ads sharing. Follow the link on my signature.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by mictima(m): 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
My sincere Condolence.
God will teach you and help you to live to a ripe age with as little pains as possible.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by seguno2: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Omojudy:

It's our laziness that made it unrealisable.

Chai, no let Buhari catch you oh. shocked
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by winsh: 3:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is very Sad. Nigeria is richer than some European countries yet this stupid crap is seen as abnormal when it happens there, I could feel the guy's pain in my heart as I read every word. Shame on Nigeria's leaders, shame on all of you supposed leaders that make a mockery of offices you were sworn into. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by imam07: 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is not new. It happens every day in govt hospitals. They use human live to play kite. In my own experience,they fixed the oxygen which was less than 40% to my patient and the nurses did not bother to check until it got finished. When I discovered the oxygen have finished I informed the nurses. It took them more than 40mins b4 they brought the fucking cylinder. You know what, the woman died before they brought it.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by kemifemi: 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Dis is so heartbreaking... So a hospital as big as dat have no back up generators dat comes on immediately or inverters for an essential machine as d life support machine?? And d ediots in govt kip questioning why Nigerians seek medical treatments abroad

very sad indeed. when i was in the theatre ,having my baby through c section, they instructed the people in charge of the generator not to change over to NEPA untill they were given the go ahead.

my people, few mins after they started the cutting of my tummy, light went off boom! chai, the surgeon had to quickly shout to one of the theatre attendants to run to the gen house that they cannot take the risk of doing the surgery with nepa light.

they eventually put on the gen. Now imagine that the surgeon had cut a something and was trying to sew it back.

my mouth Jumped into my mouth.

anyways, i still lost the baby as a result of their carelessness. they were short of incubators o. and they was a general hospital
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by faites(f): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
bettyLad:

when you get your Info's pls let me know ..I'm so scared for my son reading all this news .I ve a sickle 5years old son ,thank God its been 2yrs now since he last suffer a major crises ..I just want to save my boy from futher pains

How come you have a 5-year-old sickler? Didn't you go for genotype test with your husband before marriage?

If only we would all listen to instructions and stop obeying our deceptive hearts, Sickle cell anemia would have been a sickness of the past. But would people hear? cry

My heart bleeds when I see children who are sicklers. Their parents should have known better in this day and age.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by MrMakaveli20(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
Rest in peace young warrior . you fought a good fight
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by MrMakaveli20(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
Rest in peace young warrior . you fought a good fight
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by phunkeeypraiss(f): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
Adefowora aderinsola, I was shocked at d news of ur death....can't blv my ears, Continue to rest in peace sis....Mubarak, John nd little princess ll forever miss u, I love you sis......

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by eTECTIVe(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
kemifemi:

very sad indeed. when i was in the theatre ,having my baby through c section, they instructed the people in charge of the generator not to change over to NEPA untill they were given the go ahead.

my people, few mins after they started the cutting of my tummy, light went off boom! chai, the surgeon had to quickly shout to one of the theatre attendants to run to the gen house that they cannot take the risk of doing the surgery with nepa light.

they eventually put on the gen. Now imagine that the surgeon had cut a something and was trying to sew it back.

anyways, i still lost the baby as a result of their carelessness. they were short of incubators o. and they was a general hospital

Jesu!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by salt1: 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
kemifemi:

God have mercy!!!
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by ALADE19(m): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Take heart Oshaa. May her gentle soul rest in peace. This story is fucking real o! I have my PVC.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' / Children Attack Doctor And Nurse In Edo, Accuse Them Of Killing Their Mother / 5 Lessons Every Nigerian Should Learn From #savemayowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.