Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos (23135 Views)

Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage / Sickle Cell Patient And Rape Victim Celebrates 19th Birthday (Photos) / 94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by KangaIye: 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2018
This broke me down.
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by laudate: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2018
How sad and how hopelessly tragic! cry Another life cut short through the negligence of the hospital management board! I wish there were expert lawyers who could handle medical malpractice suits in this country. angry Epe General Hospital deserves to be sued from top to bottom. From the Medical Director to the doctors and nurses on duty, they deserve to be behind bars! undecided

If they could not get a mere generator to power a ward, so that oxygen could be used by a patient, then it means their ICU unit would definitely be in shambles. sad Couldn't they make arrangements to rent one? shocked Each year, the number of patients whose death can be attributed to negligence on the part of doctors and nurses, needs to be reviewed. And the medical personnel in charge of such cases, need to be brought to book, to pay for their crimes. Every single life is precious. We cannot afford to lose any. angry

Finally, a bone marrow transplant is fvcking expensive (i.e. it costs millions) and its' still not a definitive cure for sickle cell. sad I had relatives who got BM transplants, and still died months after the procedure from SCD. undecided May God help us all. My heart goes out to Aderinsola's bereaved sister. May the Almighty God bring peace, healing and comfort to your soul.... cry
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by laudate: 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
seguno2:
The same Epe claimed by Ambode as his hometown?
The same Epe claimed by the former LASHA Speaker?
The same Epe General hospital that was launched with fanfare by Fashola when he was governor?
APC and lies will kill all of us. Certainly.

Na di same Epe, o! shocked The same Epe General Hospital, was where Deji Tinubu former Chairman of Lagos State's Sports Commission, was rushed to, when he collapsed playing football in Epe. They could not revive him, despite the fact that the poor man battled to stay alive. Poor Deji Tinubu, slumped while playing five a-side match at a retreat of members of the Lagos State Executive Council and permanent secretaries in Epe, in January. May God deliver the citizens of Epe, from that useless general hospital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by laudate: 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
kemifemi:
very sad indeed. when i was in the theatre ,having my baby through c section, they instructed the people in charge of the generator not to change over to NEPA untill they were given the go ahead.

my people, few mins after they started the cutting of my tummy, light went off boom! chai, the surgeon had to quickly shout to one of the theatre attendants to run to the gen house that they cannot take the risk of doing the surgery with nepa light.

they eventually put on the gen. Now imagine that the surgeon had cut a something and was trying to sew it back.

my mouth Jumped into my mouth.

anyways, i still lost the baby as a result of their carelessness. they were short of incubators o. and they was a general hospital

Ah madam, sorry o! shocked I sympathise with you on your loss. Honestly, until nurses, medical doctors, and their directors are sued from head to toe in this country, for huge sums of money, these medical personnel will continue playing ludo with people's lives.

I am quite sure you must have paid upfront for the cesarean section and other procedures, before being take to their theatre. Yet they still chose to be stingy with fuel and generator usage, at that late stage? Yet they could not provide an incubator for a premature baby? Why didn't they refer you to a hospital with incubators, instead of carrying out the C-section in their own premises, knowing fully well they did not have the right facilities to care for such a baby? shocked God will judge them, o! angry
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by EagleScribes: 2:54am On Apr 24, 2018
salt1:
This pulls at the heartstrings.

Just for knowledge sake, are there facilities for bone marrow transplants here in Nigeria.

Where and how much?
Anyone with useful information should please share. I have a sickler and I'm always scared of her calls

How old is she? I am not sure of bone transplant centers in Nigeria and if there are, the chances of success will be quite slim.

Meanwhile, regular use of supplements and a healthy lifestyle will go a long way to prevent any form of crisis. That's the best bet for now
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Dyt(f): 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2018
faites:

How come you have a 5-year-old sickler? Didn't you go for genotype test with your husband before marriage?

If only we would all listen to instructions and stop obeying our deceptive hearts, Sickle cell anemia would have been a sickness of the past. But would people hear? cry

My heart bleeds when I see children who are sicklers. Their parents should have known better in this day and age.

Did you just judge her already?
undecided undecided
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by faites(f): 10:48am On Apr 25, 2018
Dyt:

Did you just judge her already?
undecided undecided

I just asked a question. Do you have a problem with that?
Re: Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos by Dyt(f): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2018
faites:

I just asked a question. Do you have a problem with that?

Absolutely no

Peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' / Children Attack Doctor And Nurse In Edo, Accuse Them Of Killing Their Mother / 5 Lessons Every Nigerian Should Learn From #savemayowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.