Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,712,835 members, 6,408,344 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 July 2021 at 04:53 AM

Interview Lies(urgent) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Lies(urgent) (1320 Views)

Where Lies The Future Of Fresh Graduates? / 5 Lies Employers Tell Youth Today / Where Does The Faith Of Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2013 Applicants Lies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview Lies(urgent) by Eseaba: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2007
Fellow Nairalanders, I want suggestions on how to lie to my boss so that I can attend a job interview. What kind of lies will be good?
 Health
 Family
 Friends
 Party
 Education
 Others

Focus on above topics
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by LoverBwoy(m): 3:08am On Mar 19, 2007
Tell him you have a party to attend with some big boys, he'll understand cheesy

you can make it a combination of friends and party

Tell him one of you friends just came in from PH and you are organising a big party for him cool
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by MyPeace(f): 10:00am On Mar 19, 2007
tell him that u have an urgent family matter to sort out, that you will be later to work, if you are go from home. But if its afternoon interveiw, tell him that u are going for ur lunch and that from there u want to go to ur bank.
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by Eseaba: 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2007
Mypeace, good contribution from u. Experience is the best teacher. But do you think it is right for a born-Again Xtian eg Deeper Lifer to tell such small lies?
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by MyPeace(f): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2007
for a born again person grin shocked

anyway just say u have an urgent issue to attend to and something to sort out after your lunch. I think you never specified anything, so its not a lie or wat do you think?
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by Eseaba: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2007
Mypeace,
This ur latest contribution made me burst into laughter. I can't stop laughing and my co-workers must join me in this humour. You mean lie is only when you speak out ? What about conscience? cool lipsrsealed
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by MyPeace(f): 4:06pm On Mar 27, 2007
abeg laugh it off grin grin

but u got to say something. Beter Still tell them that 'U have a job interview to attend that you wont come to work for that day. abi now?
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by Eseaba: 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2007
That is telling the truth at all cost. This is challenging as ur Boss doesn't want u to leave.
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by chuckdee4(m): 4:11pm On Mar 28, 2007
Eseaba:

Mypeace, good contribution from u. Experience is the best teacher. But do you think it is right for a born-Again Christian eg Deeper Lifer to tell such small lies?

its either that or u can forget about the interview, ur choice, lil lies lik ethese have to be told every now and then, as long as u dont make it a habit then its okay
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by Winnifred(f): 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2007
hey.
tell the truth always. it wil save your neck. from experience i tried lying, guess what? i got hooked. tell him its an interview. furnish his/her mind on how best you trasure your work & u dont want it to suffer, above all pray to got ask for the holy spirit to prepare his mind before you get to him/her. there is nothing he can not do so dont limit him
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by penyng: 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2007
yah,
i feel u my people. grin shocked cool
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by crito(m): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2007
na wa oh.
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 30, 2007
if u r ready for the interview u would know wat to say as at now ur joking

lie (definition) simply another version of the truth being told for various reasons-

i think some where the bible requires u to be smart also- be like the children of isaka that understand the times- u kno wat times u r in, u berstand understand it
wisdom is principle to direct- abraham was a friend of God and yet he explain in certain situations that sarah was his sister. funny enough his son did the same with his wife to the son of whom the father explained previously to

so use ur head
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by tonmax(f): 1:19pm On Mar 30, 2007
For a Born again Person,
I think you should go to your boss and tell him u have an interview and you wont be at your desk for a stated period of time.
I'm sure he will laugh and wish u the best!!
One man business i think??
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by sweetstjoy(f): 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2007
integrity is a virtue, ask your self what is the worst thing that can happen? is it worth the lie? let ur integrity come first in all you do, your boss will respect you more if you come out to tell him the truth.
ill tell you my story,
this same senario happened to me and my boss gave me an option either i stay back and continue with the job or i go for the interview and qiut the job, i quit afterall and i got that job so , my dear, dont lie , if you must tell him , tell him the truth, you never can tell he might even assist you
one love
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by yuddie25(f): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2007
@loverbwoy, God i have not had a good laugh in a long while.what kind of suggestion is that. for me , just do what your mind tells you,you know your boss better than we do
Re: Interview Lies(urgent) by tinuke2002(f): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2007
hey, it depends on ur boss-if he is understanding nice and considerate then tell him d truth-but if not ,

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Pay (n110,000) Live / Apm Terminals Test / Virgin Nigeria!?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.