Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant (54105 Views)

Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano / Paul Oloche Invents Solar-Powered Vehicle, Fighter Jet In Benue / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by helphelp: 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
Something worthy of front page in weeks
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by ayourbamie: 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
Imagine wat this lazy youth will achieve if given enough support
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by TexasCowboy(m): 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
ehbellsho:
another inventory... and their mouth wil b spilling jag...s saying d youths ar lazy. thumbs up
bro

It's invention not inventory.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by TheCongo2: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
kokakola:
Africans and their funny/end time inventions...

And what have you done?

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Paradigm777: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
Monaco2:
Where d pics of wen d phone dey charge

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by sexdoll: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
This one is obviously, not a lazy youth.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Johnson5258: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
#LAZYNIGERIANYOUTH WELL DONE BRO!
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by ceejayluv(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Dead on Arrival... another toy Einstein toying with the utopic engineering of the perpetual motion machine ..This is beautiful nonsense but I still commend him for putting his brain into some imagination drive

Your head dey there, man... i actually laughed out loud at the 'contraption'...

4 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by luizkyworld(m): 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
Replicating an already existing technology is not an invention. All de guy did was to use water pressure stored in de tank to drive de wooden turbine blades, which generates electricity by magnetic induction. However, cudos to him for putting his brain together.

7 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ayobami7(m): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
Wow
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by YorubaEmir: 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:
what he built is a small scale hydroelectric power station. like a mini kainji dam. although the generator powering the pumping machine that moves the water that powers the generator won't work.
the water needs an external energy source to make it flow. like someone continuously pouring buckets of water into the machine. a machine can't power itself.

also a Mini hydro electric plant can't generate 200mw. does the whole of Nigeria generate 200mw?

This is a typical example of an energy damn. The EMF produced is used to power the pumping machine which supplies power to the damn.

You can see the pulley system which magnifies the angular velocity such that it rotates the alternator even faster

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by dallyemmy: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
He needs to take it to the stream

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by americanson: 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Dead on Arrival... another toy Einstein toying with the utopic engineering of the perpetual motion machine ..This is beautiful nonsense but I still commend him for putting his brain into some imagination drive
let's see what u can do? You know so much and you Are in a country with darkness everywhere!

3 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Monaco2(m): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
Paradigm777:

cheesy Dis meme sha... Wetin happen na grin
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by filipin: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
Guys like these are the ones that #45 million ought to be given to them to encourage them and not the one that just got it. #Ionlysupportthingsthatmakesense

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Teeboi56: 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
No sponsorer in dis country an our leader are saying we're lazy
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by qwertyboss(m): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ezyp:
200mega watt?. Make una dey careful how una de write o. 200MW on his own? A turbine in sapele power station de generate highest 120MW. Then only one person construct 200MW

please tell them ooo! because being an art student is not an excuse for such wonderful fantastic ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by ashjay001(m): 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
ehbellsho:
another inventory... and their mouth wil b spilling jag...s saying d youths ar lazy. thumbs up bro

What stupid invention? Make una pls na! Ordinary high school students sef, go design better version of a mini hydroelectric power plant!

Wooden container for water fa!

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by CaptainFM1: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
I'm working on a cars that will use natural air. Polithievians will not have oil money to steal again. I guess they will impose heavy tax on air
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
YorubaEmir:

This is a typical example of an energy damn. The EMF produced is used to power the pumping machine which supplies power to the damn.

You can see the pulley system which magnifies the angular velocity such that it rotates the alternator even faster

it won't work.

theoretically it could work in ideal conditions where all the energy produced by generator would be channeled to the pump. however, we are in real life.there is frictional force and other heat losses. the energy is not channelled completely to the pump. the energy would reduce after each cycle till it stopped.

even if it worked, it would not be able to do any work. it wouldn't be able to support a load or charge a phone like he claimed.
doing work would mean the machine is creating extra energy which violates the first law of thermodynamics.

3 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by SalamRushdie: 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2018
americanson:
let's see what u can do? You know so much and you Are in a country with darkness everywhere!

I do a lot man I do alot ...i started have patents to my name as a teenager , it's not been easy but we dey try still given the factors at hand ... I actually toyed with perpetual motion machines when I was younger I used to be a fascinated alot about them so from a lot of trials and error and deep thinking I know it's not possible under the prevail factor forces that guide or planet ..it might only in situation where the gravity, resistance , time and distance are all equal to each other and an environment in that state can only for now be imagined in a brain like mine cheesy
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2018
americanson:

he is talking based on experience in physics. his machine is a ppm which can't work.

first the machine loses energy in form of heat, so it would stop working after sometime when it loses all its energy. then it would need an external energy source.

second, the machine won't be able to carry any load or do any work. doing work means it needs extra energy go to carry the load. the machine can't produce extra energy on its own because of the first law of thermodynamics. energy can't be created.

what he is trying to do is similar to you using your powerbank to charge itself.

or you trying to carry yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Dalek(m): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2018
200 Mega Whaaaaat undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
Guy leave this country they don't care.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by dustydee: 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2018
CastedDude:
The 32-year-old man identified as Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, who became an online sensation after constructing a 200 Mega Watts mini Hydroelectric power plant that generates electricity for the plant site and its surrounding early this year - is back again with another cool invention.

The graduate of Electronic and Computer Technology, University of Calabar (UNICAL), who comes and from Wula village, Eastern Boki in Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State, has constructed a Hydroelectric power machine that uses a bucket of water to run using locally sourced materials...

The talented man explained his research on Hydroelectricity to Calabar Reporters as he revealed that the system generate up to 20 watts (20W) of power that powers the injector pump and some phones and it operates when the top tank is filled with a bucket of water.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/ogar-augustine-otuokwa-invents-hydroelectric-power-machine.html

Credit; Calabar Reporters.
Do you know what 200MW is?

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by lastmessenger: 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2018
OneCorner:
rubbish

nobody should argue wit me, i need money cool
go to the bank.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ensquare(m): 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:
beautiful nonsense how?

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by clems88(m): 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2018
kinibigdeal:
Very lazy youth. Where people above 20 in other countries are building power stations this one is building buckets grin
kindly show us the one uv built .
See your periwinkle mouth sad

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ensquare:
beautiful nonsense how?

try to charge your powerbank by plugging it into itself.

3 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by YorubaEmir: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

it won't work.

theoretically it could work in ideal conditions where all the energy produced by generator would be channeled to the pump. however, we are in real life.there is frictional force and other heat losses. the energy is not channelled completely to the pump. the energy would reduce after each cycle till it stopped.

even if it worked, it would not be able to do any work. it wouldn't be able to support a load or charge a phone like he claimed.
doing work would mean the machine is creating extra energy which violates the first law of thermodynamics.

The frictional and other opposing forces might be negligible compared to the output power. The. Pumping machine may also take only a fraction the power. If the output power is 20W, it should be able to charge a phone but that should not be our focus. It's just a prototype and can modified.

Is external electricity need to pump water back to the damn in Kainji?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Awoleesu(m): 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
ehbellsho:
another inventory... and their mouth wil b spilling jag...s saying d youths ar lazy. thumbs up bro
'' another invention'' you meant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) / New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / Animals! Super Animals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.