Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant (54090 Views)

Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano / Paul Oloche Invents Solar-Powered Vehicle, Fighter Jet In Benue / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by SalamRushdie: 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ensquare:

beautiful nonsense how?

It's a perpetual motion machine and all perpetual motion machines are beautiful nonsense...sweet sounding in theory but utterly impractical

3 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by cantok(m): 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
Why are the lazy Youths trolling this hard working PMB Youth
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by cantok(m): 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:

It's a perpetual motion machine and all perpetual motion machines are beautiful nonsense...sweet sounding in theory but utterly impractical
Mmmmm, Wei-done sir, the professor. Seriously please educate...
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by VULCAN(m): 7:18pm On Apr 23, 2018
That you lack the ability to see that this device will be a godsend to millions of people in rural areas tells a lot about you.

SalamRushdie:
Dead on Arrival... another toy Einstein toying with the utopic engineering of the perpetual motion machine ..This is beautiful nonsense but I still commend him for putting his brain into some imaginative drive
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by SalamRushdie: 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
VULCAN:
That you lack the ability to see that this device will be a godsend to millions of people in rural areas tells a lot about you.

It can never ever work..I am just saying the plain truth .. Why are you sounding like someone who played both MMM and Swiss Golden cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Paradigm777: 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
Monaco2:

cheesy Dis meme sha... Wetin happen na grin
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 7:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
YorubaEmir:

The frictional and other opposing forces might be negligible compared to the output power. The. Pumping machine may also take only a fraction the power. If the output power is 20W, it should be able to charge a phone but that should not be our focus. It's just a prototype and can modified.

Is external electricity need to pump water back to the damn in Kainji?

frictional forces are negligible in textbooks.
in real life they aren't.

if the pumping machine takes only a fraction of the power, the water won't be enough to turn the turbines and it would stop working immediately.

the pumping machine taking path of the power has the same effect as friction except it is greater. the system needs all the energy to be transferred to the pumping machine for it to work.
frictional force is also allowing the 'machine' take only part of the power like I said in the post you quoted.

it won't work. you cannot cancel heat losses.

even if you do, it cannot support any load.
can you charge your powerbank by plugging it into itself?

the flowing water is the external energy source that causes the dynamo in the dam to generate electricity.

the flowing water acts as a fuel. it performs the same function as the petrol in your generator.

7 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Dalek(m): 7:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:

It can never ever work..I am just saying the plain truth .. Why are you sounding like someone who played both MMM and Swiss Golden cheesy

cheesy grin grin grin eleyii gidi gan oo

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by BabaRamota1980: 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is very impressive and though impractical to apply this technology for the purpose identified, it nonetheless has applications in other areas that benefit society.

Creativity like this is what sponsors should throw money at and put on tv for boys and girls to compete and become millionaires.....not scripted shows to debase human and social dignity like they do with BBN.

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Joemetry(m): 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Dead on Arrival... another toy Einstein toying with the utopic engineering of the perpetual motion machine ..This is beautiful nonsense but I still commend him for putting his brain into some imaginative drive

Bros that the corollary is more like an axiom, a perpetual motion machine is going to be achievable in the nearest future.

I just need money to put things in place and study deep on electromechanics.

I'll wow the world.

I constructed a fuel- less power generator too.
This technology is achievable bro.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by BrownRoofRep: 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Indeed......

Though he's from Cross River, but.....

Igbo Amaka all the same.
There are indigenous Igbo communities in Cross River State.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 7:26pm On Apr 23, 2018
Joemetry:

Bros that the corollary is more like an axiom, a perpetual motion machine is going to be achievable in the nearest future.

I'll wow the world.

what powered your generator?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by kenoz(m): 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Nice one
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Dalek(m): 7:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
Joemetry:

I'll wow the world.

fuel-less?? even the Sun require fuel to light up the solar system m

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by GILOSKY(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
And they said we are lazy with all different types talent we do come across everyday... God go judge ooooo
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Christgalaxy(m): 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
ok
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Thebrightest(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Joemetry:

I'll wow the world.

So, your generator uses oxygen? Hahaha!
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Techcrunchng(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ezyp:
200mega watt?. Make una dey careful how una de write o. 200MW on his own? A turbine in sapele power station de generate highest 120MW. Then only one person construct 200MW
mumu they said 20 watts
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by TheCongo2: 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
This is very impressive and though impractical to apply this technology for the purpose identified, it nonetheless has applications in other areas that benefit society.

Creativity like this is what sponsors should throw money at and put on tv for boys and girls to compete and become millionaires.....not scripted shows to debase human and social dignity like they do with BBN.

And Baba had spoken ... smiley
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by SalamRushdie: 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
Joemetry:

I'll wow the world.

you mean you used a battery to power a motor to power a dynamo to generate electricity to inturn charge the battery and and start the process all over again? the question is how many hours did your fueless generator hold out? Oh the battery eventually lost power and the chain ended ? There are many really good perpetual motion machine concepts out there but non has been able to stand the test of the factors of gravity , distance, time and resistance ... A perpetual motion machine will only succeed when these factor align in equality and that will never happen on earth

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by SalamRushdie: 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

what powered your generator?

A battery ooo
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by YorubaEmir: 7:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

frictional forces are negligible in textbooks.
in real life they aren't.

if the pumping machine takes only a fraction of the power, the water won't be enough to turn the turbines and it would stop working immediately.

the pumping machine taking path of the power has the same effect as friction except it is greater. the system needs all the energy to be transferred to the pumping machine for it to work.
frictional force is also allowing the 'machine' take only part of the power like I said in the post you quoted.

it won't work. you cannot cancel heat losses.

even if you do, it cannot support any load.
can you charge your powerbank by plugging it into itself?

the flowing water is the external energy source that causes the dynamo in the dam to generate electricity.

the flowing water acts as a fuel. it performs the same function as the petrol in your generator.

I agree the system is not self sustainable. But will eliminating the water pump increase the watt-Hour assuming the output load is the same in both cases

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by BruncleZuma: 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
200MW

grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ensquare(m): 7:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

try to charge your powerbank by plugging it into itself.
I think the source of energy is potential energy by virtue of the upper thank.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ezyp(m): 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2018
Techcrunchng:
mumu they said 20 watts
Okorofo. Read the first paragraph
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Rainmaker69(m): 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
National Helm= Fake News
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
CastedDude:
The 32-year-old man identified as Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, who became an online sensation after constructing a 200 Mega Watts mini Hydroelectric power plant that generates electricity for the plant site and its surrounding early this year - is back again with another cool invention.

The graduate of Electronic and Computer Technology, University of Calabar (UNICAL), who comes and from Wula village, Eastern Boki in Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State, has constructed a Hydroelectric power machine that uses a bucket of water to run using locally sourced materials...

The talented man explained his research on Hydroelectricity to Calabar Reporters as he revealed that the system generate up to 20 watts (20W) of power that powers the injector pump and some phones and it operates when the top tank is filled with a bucket of water.

He said, “The device has two wooden tank (the up and down tank) for collection of water, a pen stock to control water out of the upper tank to the turbine, the turbine that convert the potential energy of water into mechanical energy that rotate the alternator through the pulley system, the alternator that generates power and lastly a riding machine injector pump motor which pump back water from the down tank to the upper tank and the process continues”.

Explaining how it works, Ogar said, “A bucket of water if emptied in the tank and water is allowed to flow and hit, turn the turbine which rotate the alternator, then electricity is generated which then energizes a small pumping machine that pump back the water into the first tank then process continues. The system carries two tanks, up and down tank. I decided not to show everything here for technical reasons

“It operates without a repulsive force or zero back electromotive force (emf). I invented it to be used for practical demonstration on hydroelectricity. It generates up to 20 watt during operation but I stepped down the power to power one blinking LED for demonstration and technical reasons.

“The system generate up to 20 watt of power that Powers the injector pump and some phones and it operates when the top tank is filled with a bucket of water and it’s a continues system. Although, not every part of the system is shown here for technical reasons because it’s going to be a huge technology in the nearest future.

“It shouldn’t be a surprise to any one that water contains both potential and kinetic energy and the law energy that it can be converted from one form to the other. On like mechanical generators, this device has two major sections also, the turbine that does the conversion of the potential energy of the River into motion serves as the mechanical part of the device while the alternator which convert this mechanical energy into electricity, is the electrical part of the device.

“The river that carries both the kinetic and potential energy is the fuel or the power house of the device. This is an era of renewable energy, can we join hands together to really developed this local innovation to solve the problem of power outage in Rural and Urban areas? And also to combat the challenges of global warming? What about training of youths on hydroelectricity by establishing renewable energy? Building training centers across the country and also creating job opportunities. God bless Nigeria”, Ogar concluded.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/ogar-augustine-otuokwa-invents-hydroelectric-power-machine.html

Credit; Calabar Reporters.

This 419 guy again?!

University of Calabar needs to caution/disclaim this guy before he succeeds in duping an ignorant citizen.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ensquare:

I think the source of energy is potential energy by virtue of the upper thank.

but he is trying to power the upper tank with what the upper tank is powering. this is not possible as it will die quickly and it would not be able to do any useful work like powering phones. the energy in the system cannot increase to power any load.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ezyp(m): 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
YorubaEmir:

Is external electricity need to pump water back to the damn in Kainji?

No. There is a free flow from a stream
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
YorubaEmir:

This is a typical example of an energy damn. The EMF produced is used to power the pumping machine which supplies power to the damn.

You can see the pulley system which magnifies the angular velocity such that it rotates the alternator even faster

You're a mad man grin
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Techcrunchng(m): 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ezyp:

Okorofo. Read the first paragraph
grin this what I expected from your
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by deolu2000(m): 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
200MW? EVEN THE POWER GENERATION OF MOST POWER STATIONS EXCEPT THE MAJOR ONES ISN'T THAT MUCH. MAKE UNA FEAR GOD WITH PROPAGANDA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) / New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / Animals! Super Animals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.