Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant (54102 Views)

Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano / Paul Oloche Invents Solar-Powered Vehicle, Fighter Jet In Benue / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by asawanathegreat(m): 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
Naija youths can never be lazy at all because we are struggling everyday to a living
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
YorubaEmir:

I agree the system is not self sustainable. But will eliminating the water pump increase the watt-Hour assuming the output load is the same in both cases

eliminating the pump is what would make the system an actual machine.

the water pump makes it a ppm and a ppm cannot do any work. if he claims the pump powers the machine, then the machine can'tl carry any load in the first place.

an external energy source is needed to drive his mini hydroelectric power station. all he needs to do is add that energy source.

he could choose to pour the water manually or something like that.

it is the external energy that would make the machine able to carry a load. the pump can be one of the loads in this case. without
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by johnaruson(m): 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
You are simply inventing a perpetual motion machine, which scientists say it is impossible. If the water on the upper tank sent down by gravity which powers the electric motor and the electric motor can pump back the water at the same rate without losing the potential power. Guy, Eureka, you've invented a perpetual motion machine which can produce electricity. Apart from the wear and tear.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:

A battery ooo

then it would work like all other battery powered devices. chemical to electrical till the chemicals are fully consumed. smiley
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by SalamRushdie: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

then it would work like all other battery powered devices. chemical to electrical till the chemicals are fully consumed. smiley

thats how it always ends up ooo cheesy
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by crafteck(m): 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
Clinton9000:
I Know he must be a Biafran. See Afonjas above already hating and giving their useless advice...go and invent your own nah if you Sabi too.Lazy afonja yahoo yahoo skull miner youths.

If u understand where science is, you would know why this is nonsense, any 8 years old can do this..
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Kabaka100: 8:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
Good idea but what's his approach to creating a prototype good enough to attract investors who can invest in his idea to become useful enough that it can be mass produced and monetized
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by CosmicJames(m): 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ezyp:
200mega watt?. Make una dey careful how una de write o. 200MW on his own? A turbine in sapele power station de generate highest 120MW. Then only one person construct 200MW
Is 20MW. Not 200MW.

Lazy youth
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by thunderbabs: 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
Wetin Yusuf buhari and hz father invent? undecided

LaxyNigerianYouth

Ki oro gba lenu ee
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Joemetry(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:

you mean you used a battery to power a motor to power a dynamo to generate electricity to inturn charge the battery and and start the process all over again? the question is how many hours did your fueless generator hold out? Oh the battery eventually lost power and the chain ended ? There are many really good perpetual motion machine concepts out there but non has been able to stand the test of the factors of gravity , distance, time and resistance ... A perpetual motion machine will only succeed when these factor align in equality and that will never happen on earth

Simple bro, all energy loses are considered and efforts are being made to convert them to some useful energy in the system.

If a very sophisticated charging system is achieved in that machine of mine, the wahala don finish.

All I need is time, study and money bro.

Corollary 1 of thermodynamics is just yet to be disproved.

TIME TIME TIME WOULD TELL...

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by YorubaEmir: 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

eliminating the pump is what would make the system an actual machine.

the water pump makes it a ppm and a ppm cannot do any work. if he claims the pump powers the machine, then the machine can'tl carry any load in the first place.

an external energy source is needed to drive his mini hydroelectric power station. all he needs to do is add that energy source.

he could choose to pour the water manually or something like that.

it is the external energy that would make the machine able to carry a load. the pump can be one of the loads in this case. without

Let's say the rated power is 100W and the pump is a 20W Load and it takes 1 Hour for the water to be drained meaning the machine will be producing rated power for 1 hour

A 50WH battery is connected in parallel to the pump which takes 30 minutes to re-charge and can power the pump for 2 minutes which about the time it takes to pump all the water. Can't the system work?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ensquare(m): 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

but he is trying to power the upper tank with what the upper tank is powering. this is not possible as it will die quickly and it would not be able to do any useful work like powering phones. the energy in the system cannot increase to power any load.
that is all the energy produced by the upper tank will now be used to pumpwater back to the tank.
my question, in near future a differential will created so dt work output> wrkinput.
in this cash its = 1 right?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Lordgatt46(m): 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
What this man did I bet some professor in tertiary institution can't do it.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
YorubaEmir:

Let's say the rated power is 100W and the pump is a 20W Load and it takes 1 Hour for the water to be drained meaning the machine will be producing rated power for 1 hour

A 50WH battery is connected in parallel to the load which takes 30 minutes to charge

if the pump is 20w while the machine is 100w, the pump would not be able to return the water to the beginning of the chain fast enough and the system would die very quickly.

your description means 80watts have been lost to friction and other energy losses. a 20w pump can't power the 100w system. if the pump is 20w the machine will work at a maximum of less than 20w.

how do you connect a battery in parallel with load?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Kabaka100: 8:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
Joemetry:

Bros that the corollary is more like an axiom, a perpetual motion machine is going to be achievable in the nearest future.

I just need money to put things in place and study deep on electromechanics.

I'll wow the world.

I constructed a fuel- less power generator too.
This technology is achievable bro.

Brow, I commend u for ur great imagination and technical exploits, but I just want to know for the sake if attracting investors thst can finance you to realize ur dreams, i wonder if you have any patents to any of ur inventions cos this is is the most valuable thing they've professional investor might be looking out for b4 investing in a venture so technical like yes. Also, to know what u have the right to patent as ur own invention, have you done a thorough research through the internet of what is ur own original invention and patentable through the patent, copyrights and trademarks registry about ur kind of technology and it's application.
Please if haven't, do watch the show called "shark tank" on YouTube, so u can have a good knowledge of what really attracts professional investors to ur interesting inventions like yes.

Good luck in ur hussle
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
Lordgatt46:
What this man did I bet some professor in tertiary institution can't do it.

what this man did was to

create a miniature hydroelectric power station. simply put, he created a small scale kainji dam. any o level physics student should be able to do this.
even your bicycle light bulb dynamo works on the same principle except your legs instead of water powers the system.

where he failed was in trying to make it a perpetual motion machine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by sammiepraise(m): 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
nice.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ensquare:

that is all the energy produced by the upper tank will now be used to pumpwater back to the tank.
my question, in near future a differential will created so dt work output> wrkinput.
in this cash its = 1 right?

in theory, it is equal to 1 but in practical, work output is less than work input because some energy is lost in form of heat and friction.

work output can't be greater than work input. energy cannot be created. where would the extra energy come from?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ezyp:
200mega watt?. Make una dey careful how una de write o. 200MW on his own? A turbine in sapele power station de generate highest 120MW. Then only one person construct 200MW

The boy said 20 watts not 200 megawatts
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by americanson: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

he is talking based on experience in physics. his machine is a ppm which can't work.

first the machine loses energy in form of heat, so it would stop working after sometime when it loses all its energy. then it would need an external energy source.

second, the machine won't be able to carry any load or do any work. doing work means it needs extra energy go to carry the load. the machine can't produce extra energy on its own because of the first law of thermodynamics. energy can't be created.

what he is trying to do is similar to you using your powerbank to charge itself.

or you trying to carry yourself.
I have read your reply and his... the only thing I have to say to both of you is that continue in your analysis paralysis... like many Nigerians are.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2018
americanson:
I have read your reply and his... the only thing I have to say to both of you is that continue in your analysis paralysis... like many Nigerians are.

ok

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by YorubaEmir: 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

if the pump is 20w while the machine is 100w, the pump would not be able to return the water to the beginning of the chain fast enough and the system would die very quickly.

your description means 80watts have been lost to friction and other energy losses. a 20w pump can't power the 100w system. if the pump is 20w the machine will work at a maximum of less than 20w.

how do you connect a battery in parallel with load?

The scenario I painted is:
It takes X time for the water to be drained and the system to stop working.

It takes X/2 time for a battery connected to it to be recharged. At time X where the system has stopped working, the battery powers the pumping machine which takes X/4 to pump and the cycle continues. When will this chain be broken? Can a 20W pump plugged to an external source supply a 100W turbine with water in a quater of the time it takes the water to drain?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Gggg102(m): 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2018
YorubaEmir:

The scenario I painted is:
It takes X time for the water to be drained and the system to stop working.

It takes X/2 time for a battery connected to it to be recharged. At time X where the system has stopped working, the battery powers the pumping machine which takes X/4 to pump and the cycle continues. When will this chain be broken? Can a 20W pump plugged to an external source supply a 100W turbine with water in a quater of the time it takes the water to drain?

if the battery is being recharged by the system itself, it would be no different from the pump, it won't still work.
but if the battery is recharged from an external source, it could restart the whole system.
it would start working like a normal generator. the battery would become the fuel.

the chain would be broken when the battery dies, same way your generator dies when fuel finishes. you would need to buy more fuel or in this case, get a new battery or recharge the battery.

a 20w pump can not supply water faster than a 100w drainage rate.

20w means it does 20 joules of work in a second,

100w means it does 100 joules of work in a second.

the 100w would always be faster than 20w.

a man running at 20m/s can't finish a race in less time than a man running at 100m/s.

the drainage time would be less than the pumping time because the drainage is more powerful than the supply of water from the pump.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by cenaman(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
Igbo amaka
what Made A Cross Riverian An Igbo Man? Pls We Have Nothing In Common With The Igbo's Because They Are Racist And Tribalistic.

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by YorubaEmir: 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:

if the battery is being recharged by the system itself, it would be no different from the pump, it won't still work.
but if the battery is recharged from an external source, it could restart the whole system.
it would start working like a normal generator. the battery would become the fuel.

the chain would be broken when the battery dies, same way your generator dies when fuel finishes. you would need to buy more fuel or in this case, get a new battery or recharge the battery.

a 20w pump can not supply water faster than a 100w drainage rate.

20w means it does 20 joules of work in a second,

100w means it does 100 joules of work in a second.

the 100w would always be faster than 20w.

a man running at 20m/s can't finish a race in less time than a man running at 100m/s.

the drainage time would be less than the pumping time because the drainage is more powerful than the supply of water from the pump.

Great
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Dead on Arrival... another toy Einstein toying with the utopic engineering of the perpetual motion machine ..This is beautiful nonsense but I still commend him for putting his brain into some imaginative drive

I was going to type something in the line of what you wrote. Beautiful nonsense perfectly qualifies it.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by sureteeboy(m): 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:
what he built is a small scale hydroelectric power station. like a mini kainji dam. although the generator powering the pumping machine that moves the water that powers the generator won't work.
the water needs an external energy source to make it flow. like someone continuously pouring buckets of water into the machine. a machine can't power itself.

Exactly Bro. The mechanism of operation he's trying to explain violates the laws of thermodynamics - especially the first and second laws . A perpetual motion machine can never exist.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by billyG(m): 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2018
20W cant power a water pump,unless he design a miniature water pump that uses 20W to pump water.which will not even put up to a bucket/min.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by vezycash(m): 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I do a lot man I do alot ...i started have patents to my name as a teenager , cheesy

Patent as a teenager! Liar. Liability. Lie Mohammed. There is god o
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
These are people with ideas, so to mediocrity and yes to meritocracy!

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by steveDpro: 10:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
To think out something is not easy. Good job bro no matter what

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) / New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / Animals! Super Animals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.