Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant (54100 Views)

Isah Auwal-Barde Invents Robot Using Exoskeleton Remote Control In Kano / Paul Oloche Invents Solar-Powered Vehicle, Fighter Jet In Benue / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by stpat1(m): 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:
what he built is a small scale hydroelectric power station. like a mini kainji dam. although the generator powering the pumping machine that moves the water that powers the generator won't work.
the water needs an external energy source to make it flow. like someone continuously pouring buckets of water into the machine. a machine can't power itself.

I was expecting to see a video of how the pump will pump back the water.
If he can achieve that then he has conquered it all. Would love to see it operational first.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ezyp(m): 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
CosmicJames:

Is 20MW. Not 200MW.

Lazy youth
Idiot read the first paragraph.

Even though, according to what you wrote, 20MW can't be built by one person. I guess in your life you haven't seen 5kva gen. Biggest Okorofo like you.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ezyp(m): 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

The boy said 20 watts not 200 megawatts
Read the first paragraph
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Ezyp(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
Techcrunchng:
grin this what I expected from your
Take time o. Learn to respect old people.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by musicwriter(m): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
We need more of such endeavor. That's the way out of poverty in Africa.

And those saying such machine can't work, you don't understand what he've done. I best understand what he've done there, because I once worked on a similar project and used it to generate small power to charge phone for few minutes. The problem was how to have the water return perpetually up and down. That's why he have two water reservoirs (up and down). But unless the water can go up without external power, then it can't be used to power anything more than phone or fan. However, its still a good effort if it could be used to power phone.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Cromagnon: 10:57pm On Apr 23, 2018
no be only 200 mw
200 billion mw
CastedDude:
The 32-year-old man identified as Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, who became an online sensation after constructing a 200 Mega Watts mini Hydroelectric power plant that generates electricity for the plant site and its surrounding early this year - is back again with another cool invention.
Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/ogar-augustine-otuokwa-invents-hydroelectric-power-machine.html

Credit; Calabar Reporters.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by blakky97(m): 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gggg102:
what he built is a small scale hydroelectric power station. like a mini kainji dam. although the generator powering the pumping machine that moves the water that powers the generator won't work.
the water needs an external energy source to make it flow. like someone continuously pouring buckets of water into the machine. a machine can't power itself.

exactly.
the turbine has to keep turning and the water recycling. its just an idea that a small sinusoidal voltage can be generated a little above 5 or 6volts, stepped down by current devices like capacitors and rectified before fed into a zener diode or a charge control system of about 3.7 output voltage. if a small solar system is used to pump the water, then the goal of the design has been defeated because its no longer a hydro system but a hybrid system
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by CosmicJames(m): 11:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ezyp:

Idiot read the first paragraph.

Even though, according to what you wrote, 20MW can't be built by one person. I guess in your life you haven't seen 5kva gen. Biggest Okorofo like you.
Is your president that called you lazy youth.
Not me. Don't put the blame on me.
This thread is about the 20MW invention.
And not the 200MW.
Read and understand.
If you want to argue or condemn the 200MW invention, then fine.
Just look for the thread on the 200MW.
Do not mixed it up.

Lazy youth - PMB
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Trexnemesis(m): 1:24am On Apr 24, 2018
mikejj:
nice one...but marry better wife that will not kill this gift

Yes o. Be careful to avoid girls like midget Cee C o, if you don't want anger and frustration to kill the talent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by 2016v2017: 1:46am On Apr 24, 2018
Firefire:
Shame on the NEPA Certificate cow.
Cow buhari

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by faithfull18(f): 2:13am On Apr 24, 2018
Nice..

Visit my profile.. wink
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by mikejj(m): 6:16am On Apr 24, 2018
Trexnemesis:

Yes o. Be careful to avoid girls like midget Cee C o, if you don't want anger and frustration to kill the talent.
. haha those type plenty
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2018
-
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Techcrunchng(m): 7:52am On Apr 24, 2018
Ezyp:

Take time o. Learn to respect old people.
you are an elder? shocked I'm very sorry sir.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by lookingfly: 8:05am On Apr 24, 2018
Where is the phone that thing is charging
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by pscindustries: 8:22am On Apr 24, 2018
Power more basic home appliances like Plasma/other TV, fans, lighting, fridge, computers, decoder and other home equipment with the 30% discounts OFF on our German and UK made solar energy components such as the Xantra Advanced Online 2.5KVA/24V, 3.5KVA/48V power Inverters, and 275W/24V , 345W/24V solar panels.
Go Solar , Go Low on electricity bills
>> ( http://www.pscsolaruk.com/special-promo-and-discount-offer )
For Quick Order/Inquiries, Call us on: +2348120855444, +2348123655444
Email us your Order/Inquiries: info@pscsolaruk.com

PROMO ENDS IN APRIL 25, 2018. HURRY UP NOW!!!

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 24, 2018
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Joemetry(m): 8:40am On Apr 24, 2018
Kabaka100:

Brow, I commend u for ur great imagination and technical exploits, but I just want to know for the sake if attracting investors thst can finance you to realize ur dreams, i wonder if you have any patents to any of ur inventions cos this is is the most valuable thing they've professional investor might be looking out for b4 investing in a venture so technical like yes. Also, to know what u have the right to patent as ur own invention, have you done a thorough research through the internet of what is ur own original invention and patentable through the patent, copyrights and trademarks registry about ur kind of technology and it's application.
Please if haven't, do watch the show called "shark tank" on YouTube, so u can have a good knowledge of what really attracts professional investors to ur interesting inventions like yes.

Good luck in ur hussle

Thanks too...

First, I will watch the show ASAP.

For sure they're many attempts to make a fuel-less power generating set, at least I've seen many online but none is exactly like mine and upon putting everything together to make mine as flawless as possible I believe the technical concept may be simple but unique.

I didn't copy any existing prototype, it was all my engineering ingenuity bro and also that of a technician whose lab I used for fabrication and testing too.

he is a guru, he helped make the theory realistic.

All I need is more study, money and time.

thanks once again...
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by kcbaba007: 9:09am On Apr 24, 2018
AlfaSeltzer:
Man invents wheel. Mtcheeew.

What have you invented, bad belle

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by kcbaba007: 9:10am On Apr 24, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Dead on Arrival... another toy Einstein toying with the utopic engineering of the perpetual motion machine ..This is beautiful nonsense but I still commend him for putting his brain into some imaginative drive

Invent yours make we see, talk is cheap
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by kcbaba007: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2018
divicoded:
Just to charge phone with all these rubbish?

Biafrauud people wasting their time since 1967!

Only f00ls waste their time on this rubbish

This is why you are a shithead
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by SalamRushdie: 9:14am On Apr 24, 2018
kcbaba007:

Invent yours make we see, talk is cheap

You dont know me so keep quiet jare ..You think I was born this smart to just sit down like you shey? Besides he didn't invent nothing schematics for that contraption has been around for ages ... Oya go and look for MMM to play and leave me alone
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 24, 2018
kcbaba007:

This is why [b]I am [/b]a shithead

You are correct grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Kabaka100: 12:05am On Apr 28, 2018
Joemetry:

Thanks too...

First, I will watch the show ASAP.

For sure they're many attempts to make a fuel-less power generating set, at least I've seen many online but none is exactly like mine and upon putting everything together to make mine as flawless as possible I believe the technical concept may be simple but unique.

I didn't copy any existing prototype, it was all my engineering ingenuity bro and also that of a technician whose lab I used for fabrication and testing too.

he is a guru, he helped make the theory realistic.

All I need is more study, money and time.

thanks once again...

Bro, It's good u're really confident that u have something unique to offer, so ur tech must actually be a "disruptive technology."
But note that the success of ur hussle totally depends ur approach to monetizing it and I will give u some advice.

-like I hinted to u earlier, if you've done enough research and can prove that ur tech works and it's solely unique because you invented the u need find a way to patent it in nigeria and probably file for the USA and European patents of it 2.
I know u lack funds so this is why you need to approach investors who can understand the market value of ur invention.
This is where the internet and social media becomes ur best friend to find a network of potential investors for ur tech. For international investors, I think you can go to LinkedIn site and search for "Angel investors for disruptive tech" or etc
Its good to start of with angel investors rather than venture capitalist investors because angel investors can get really personal with you on certain issues unlike venture capitalists.

---on my emphasis on u getting a patent, a patent in case is the most valuable asset that an experience investor can lean on to monetize ur reinvention to the maximum.
Because once an experienced investors knows that u have a patent the he can help to licence this ur technology to more established companies like samsung, Toshiba, GE and other tech companies who manufacture generators.
In fact licensing this tech out is the best and most cost effective way to monetize ur invention. Also, u can also start ur own factory if u like, sell the patent for huge prize to some big company and just live a luxury life for the rest if ur life with the money u made from ur invention
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Joemetry(m): 12:23pm On May 04, 2018
Kabaka100:

Bro, It's good u're really confident that u have something unique to offer, so ur tech must actually be a "disruptive technology."
But note that the success of ur hussle totally depends ur approach to monetizing it and I will give u some advice.

-like I hinted to u earlier, if you've done enough research and can prove that ur tech works and it's solely unique because you invented the u need find a way to patent it in nigeria and probably file for the USA and European patents of it 2.
I know u lack funds so this is why you need to approach investors who can understand the market value of ur invention.
This is where the internet and social media becomes ur best friend to find a network of potential investors for ur tech. For international investors, I think you can go to LinkedIn site and search for "Angel investors for disruptive tech" or etc
Its good to start of with angel investors rather than venture capitalist investors because angel investors can get really personal with you on certain issues unlike venture capitalists.

---on my emphasis on u getting a patent, a patent in case is the most valuable asset that an experience investor can lean on to monetize ur reinvention to the maximum.
Because once an experienced investors knows that u have a patent the he can help to licence this ur technology to more established companies like samsung, Toshiba, GE and other tech companies who manufacture generators.
In fact licensing this tech out is the best and most cost effective way to monetize ur invention. Also, u can also start ur own factory if u like, sell the patent for huge prize to some big company and just live a luxury life for the rest if ur life with the money u made from ur invention

This is really big and would be helpful too..!

Thank you for making out time for this piece.
I really appreciate.
I may in the future contact you for advice and counsel if you don't mind.

Thanks once more.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Kabaka100: 9:27pm On May 09, 2018
Joemetry:

This is really big and would be helpful too..!

Thank you for making out time for this piece.
I really appreciate.
I may in the future contact you for advice and counsel if you don't mind.

Thanks once more.

Ok bro. Just howl at me anytime. Will be most pleased to advice u anyway i can. I'm in app development arena here in the US and happen to be needing investors for my project/s too. So I've attended to some startup meetings and have gained quite some knowledge from some lawyers who deal mostly with startups and have lectured in those meetings.

Also, starting and registering a company name, at least gives ur startup project an identity of ownership.

Also u can lookup and get involved in startup eco-system. Hopefully you can get funded through them
Check out the link below:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2018/5/n-sip-initiative-introduces-free-business-funding-training-for-nigerian-start-ups.html

I know you will be needing a website, and to save money, u can just checkout the link below to learn html for web design and other languages too:

w3schools.com

Also, to improve ur knowledge by self learning,I guess u can also get some free class tutorials ov various subject from MIT through their ocw programme. See site below:

https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm

I know its not an easy road ahead as I'm learning myself, but the more understanding u have about the journey the easier it is to get to ur destination.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant by Konquest: 9:39pm On Apr 03
CastedDude:
The 32-year-old man identified as Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, who became an online sensation after constructing a 200 Mega Watts mini Hydroelectric power plant that generates electricity for the plant site and its surrounding early this year - is back again with another cool invention.

The graduate of Electronic and Computer Technology, University of Calabar (UNICAL), who comes and from Wula village, Eastern Boki in Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State, has constructed a Hydroelectric power machine that uses a bucket of water to run using locally sourced materials...

The talented man explained his research on Hydroelectricity to Calabar Reporters as he revealed that the system generate up to 20 watts (20W) of power that powers the injector pump and some phones and it operates when the top tank is filled with a bucket of water.

He said, “The device has two wooden tank (the up and down tank) for collection of water, a pen stock to control water out of the upper tank to the turbine, the turbine that convert the potential energy of water into mechanical energy that rotate the alternator through the pulley system, the alternator that generates power and lastly a riding machine injector pump motor which pump back water from the down tank to the upper tank and the process continues”.

Explaining how it works, Ogar said, “A bucket of water if emptied in the tank and water is allowed to flow and hit, turn the turbine which rotate the alternator, then electricity is generated which then energizes a small pumping machine that pump back the water into the first tank then process continues. The system carries two tanks, up and down tank. I decided not to show everything here for technical reasons

“It operates without a repulsive force or zero back electromotive force (emf). I invented it to be used for practical demonstration on hydroelectricity. It generates up to 20 watt during operation but I stepped down the power to power one blinking LED for demonstration and technical reasons.

“The system generate up to 20 watt of power that Powers the injector pump and some phones and it operates when the top tank is filled with a bucket of water and it’s a continues system. Although, not every part of the system is shown here for technical reasons because it’s going to be a huge technology in the nearest future.

“It shouldn’t be a surprise to any one that water contains both potential and kinetic energy and the law energy that it can be converted from one form to the other. On like mechanical generators, this device has two major sections also, the turbine that does the conversion of the potential energy of the River into motion serves as the mechanical part of the device while the alternator which convert this mechanical energy into electricity, is the electrical part of the device.

“The river that carries both the kinetic and potential energy is the fuel or the power house of the device. This is an era of renewable energy, can we join hands together to really developed this local innovation to solve the problem of power outage in Rural and Urban areas? And also to combat the challenges of global warming? What about training of youths on hydroelectricity by establishing renewable energy? Building training centers across the country and also creating job opportunities. God bless Nigeria”, Ogar concluded.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/ogar-augustine-otuokwa-invents-hydroelectric-power-machine.html

Credit; Calabar Reporters.
Bump.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) / New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / Animals! Super Animals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.