Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ballack Out Of World Cup - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballack Out Of World Cup (3405 Views)

Incredible World Cup Art / Evidence Of Match-fixing In Champions League & World Cup Qualifiers / Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 8:31am On May 20, 2010
Rankings can only be based on recent performances
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 10:10am On May 20, 2010
@Eastbay
Haha i laugh in Fali Werepe! 3 semis and 2 finals in the last 4 major tournaments in an 8 year span is not a good record? Recent performance must mean something else in your dictionary. I think its an insult on our intelligence and that of any footie buff to put England & Germany on the same plateaux. Germany ain't $hit?? Where were you when HM Queen Elizabeth was handing Jurgen Klinsmann the title

What was one sided about the tie?? I watched that game and it coulda gone either way. Try telling Italy or Brazil that they didnt deserve the WC in 94 and 06! Who cares if England suck at p.k's thats their fat luck! Why not ask yourself why England is always unlucky and since they know this why don't they try to end games in regulation. They even robbed Spain in the quarters with the help of a ref with vision as good as Stevie Wonder's so it serves them right

I know to England beating Germany is better than winning the WC that is why they could beat them and still not pass the first round of Euro 2000

England puts the U in Useless! Latvia with the same resources woulda done better
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 20, 2010
@A-40,
Again,I'm not holding any brief for England.My favourite international side is Holland.
Again,Germany hasn't won anything in recent times.1996 is almost 14 years ago:heck some posters on NL aren't that old.
Again,penalty-shootouts are the only difference between Germany in recent tournament history
Again,England/Germany Euro 1996 was as one-sided as you'll ever get a semi-final to be.England didn't hold their nerve when it mattered in the shoot-out.Same in Italia 90.The last two times they've met in tournaments.
And I still state that if Germany can be whooped 5-1 by England in Munich of all places (the Olimpiastadion,where they won the 1974 World Cup),there really shouldn't be much in between the two sides.
Without Ballack,Germany will struggle,never mind those names DK is calling.They might have talent,and they do,cus i've see nthem in Bundesliga,but they don't have the requisite experience a tourney like the World Cup demands.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 3:24pm On May 20, 2010
England players are not good, average, mediocres yeahhh

but they will beat the super Germans if they meet at the mundial

im sure the word mediocre will be tweaked in the dictionary by that time

some arguments are not worth going into. . . .
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On May 20, 2010
@A-40,DK,
My emphasis is on RECENT times.
In recent times,Germany ain't s.hit.That's what I'm about.I never sang any praises of England.All i said jokingly was England had a 100% history in finals played.

Tell us how England has been better in recent times.

Euro 2008- Germany- Finals, England- DNQ = Germany
Germany 2006- Germany 3rd place, England Quarter finals= Germany
Euro 2004- Germany Group stage, England - Quarter finals= England
WC 2002- Germany Finals , England - Quarter finals = Germany
Euro 200 Germany Group stage, England - Group Stage
France 1998- Germany- Quarters, England - Second Round = Germany
Euro 96 Germany Winners, England Semi = Germany
USA 1994- Germany Quarters, England DNQ = Germany
Euro 92, Germany- Finals, England - Group Stage = Germany
Italia 90 Germany- Winners, England Semi = Germany

So Eastbay, What time frame is your recent time?

And I still state that if Germany can be whooped 5-1 by England in Munich of all places (the Olimpiastadion,where they won the 1974 World Cup),there really shouldn't be much in between the two sides.

Can you subtitute Argentina = Germany and Colombia = England to read

And I still state that if Argentina can be whooped 5-0 by Colombia in Beunos Aires of all places there really shouldn't be much in between the two sides.

Eastbay, DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO YOU?
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 20, 2010
And where is Colombia now?
DK use analogies that make sense.
Why you still keep glossing over the fact about losing at home to England is what i dont get.
If Germany haven't won anything since 96,all those stats you put out are bulls.hit.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2010
And where is Colombia now?

And where is England now, Where have they been since that lifetime highpoint of a 5-1 win over Germany.

DK use analogies that make sense.

Eastbay make statements that make sense. Their is no sense in comparing England and Germany in footballing terms

Why you still keep glossing over the fact about losing at home to England is what i dont get.

What does the 5-1 victory do for them when Germany has still outperformed them at all world cup since then. Even England couldnt qualify for the last Euro.

If Germany haven't won anything since 96,all those stats you put out are bulls.hit.

This is coming in defence of a country who hasnt won anything since 1966 when 80% of posters on this forum were not born. Does this make sense?
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 8:40pm On May 20, 2010
@Eastbay
Other countries come sell groundnut? Must Germany win the trophy every other year? They have gone the distance in most competitions they have featured in since 96 and that says a lot
Italy won the WC in 38 and didn't sniff it till 82 took another 24 years to win something tangible! Brazil went from 70 to 94. Even Holland (which i support too) are on their 22nd year without a final appearance! Argentina are also winless since 86. The baba of them all England are in their 44th year of fruitlessness so where is this your double standard coming from?

Shootouts are part of football! The onus is on any championship team to prepare for them! England are useless that is why they have only ever won one shootout in their history. Your team also won the UCL on p.k's i didn't see you going to the Court of Arbitration for Sports to have it scrapped

England can never beat Germany where it matters! Thank you for acknowledging that fact,they may win friendlies or group ties but when it comes to knockout phases of competition England are always left for dead!

How was that game one-sided? Why not provide facts to back your assertion e.g shots on target,possession e.t.c. England's best shot was an Anderton miss he hit the bar while the dubious ref wanted to help England cheat again by denying a legit goal that woulda been Kuntz's second remember they robbed Spain who shoulda thwacked them 4-zip with two legit p.k's and two good goals cancelled. Karma is a female dog

England are even Portugal's children and Germany are Portugal's daddies so that should make them England's grandparents by default

@Dayokanu
I am starting to suspect Eastbay is just winding us up. Deep down he knows he doesn't have an argument
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 10:39pm On May 20, 2010
I think he knows better too. Even the FA chairman of England dare not mention them in the same sentence with Germany
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 10:57am On May 21, 2010
England can never beat Germany where it matters!
i see

is this a prophecy or what?

hehehe
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by A40(m): 12:24pm On May 21, 2010
^^ Naah Boss its a law. Sir Issac Newton's recently discovered 4th law of motion to be precise
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by tkb417(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2010
Lol

ok we shall see
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On May 21, 2010
Dont tell me that you dont know. Its obvious. No English National team at any level can match the Germans Female football and Under aged tourney inclusive
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 10:43pm On May 24, 2010
Another Defensive midfielder Traesch twisted his ankle in training and he is out of the world cup.

What is going on with injuries nowadays?
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 10:51pm On May 26, 2010
Muller injured

Germany coach Joachim Loew has been dealt yet another injury scare in the build-up to next month's World Cup with young attacker Thomas Mueller having picked up an injury on Wednesday.

The Bayern Munich starlet fell off his bike during a mountain bike trip with the Nationalelf and sustained several wounds as a result of the crash, most notably wounds to his knee and chin.

The wound on Mueller's chin had to be stitched by national team doctor Josef Schmitt. The German football association emphasised that Mueller didn't suffer any muscular problems though and his World Cup participation is not in danger.

Mueller had only just joined up with his team-mates in the German training camp after losing the Champions League final with Bayern against Inter at the weekend.

The German national side is being plagued by injury problems ahead of the World Cup. Simon Rolfes, Rene Adler, Michael Ballack and Christian Traesch were all forced to withdraw from the squad due to injury

cry cry cry sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by jalether(m): 10:58pm On May 26, 2010
^^^^^^^^^ DK, how market grin cheesy grin grin, Germany to win the world cup, no shaking grin.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 11:00pm On May 26, 2010
Na una winch dey work so?

When all the regular players are copping injuries left right and center
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 1:55pm On May 28, 2010
jalether:

^^^^^^^^^ DK, how market grin cheesy grin grin, Germany to win the world cup, no shaking grin.
Hehehe grin grin grin
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 2:08pm On May 28, 2010
Wetin happen dis morning wey u dey shine teeth up and down like roasted corn
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 2:12pm On May 28, 2010
Wait one minute make I ask Van Gaal undecided
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2010
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP)—Bayern Munich defender Philipp Lahm was named captain of Germany’s World Cup team Friday, becoming the youngest in national team history to lead the squad on the field.

Lahm will take the place of Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack, who will miss the tournament in South Africa because of an ankle injury, coach Joachim Loew said. The 26-year-old Lahm has played 64 games for Germany, and this year’s tournament will be in his second World Cup.

Manuel Neuer of Schalke has been confirmed as the starting goalkeeper, in place of Rene Adler, who is also missing the tournament due to a broken rib
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:24am On May 31, 2010
Heikko Westerman injured and probably out of world cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which kain bad luck be dis sef
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2010
Germanys squad

1 - Manuel Neuer (FC Schalke 04)
2 - Marcell Jansen (Hamburger SV)
3 - Arne Friedrich (Hertha BSC Berlin)
4 - Dennis Aogo (Hamburger SV)
5 - Serdar Tasci (VfB Stuttgart)
6 - Sami Khedira (VfB Stuttgart)
7 - Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern München)
8 - Mesut Özil (Werder Bremen)
9 - Stefan Kießling (Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
10 - Lukas Podolski (1. FC Köln)
11 - Miroslav Klose (FC Bayern München)
12 - Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen)
13 - Thomas Müller (FC Bayern München)
14 - Holger Badstuber (FC Bayern München)
15 - Piotr Trochowski (Hamburger SV)
16 - Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München)
17 - Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen)
18 - Toni Kroos (Bayer Leverkusen)
19 - Cacau (VfB Stuttgart)
20 - Jerome Boateng (Hamburger SV)
21 - Marko Marin (Werder Bremen)
22 - Jörg Butt (Bayern München)
23 - Mario Gomez (FC Bayern München)
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2010
. . . . .And he has the nerve to criticise the three lions squad grin grin
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2010
This squad is way better than anything the 3 rats have to offer.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2010
A-40 (m)
Lounging in J-girl/Moonstone's ample bosom

Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup
« #9 on: May 17, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Egbon aside Schweinsteiger awon iyoku si n wo pampers. Yeah i know they have won their age grade tourneys but the WC is another stratosphere entirely! I don't think anyone would deny that the Mannschaft midfield is not as strong as it used to be in the 90's. Abi who would you compare to the midfield oligarchs i mentioned earlier? Those new boys still have work to do lets see if they perform in SA
Report to moderator Logged
Cheryl Cole went frm 'Married' to 'Single'- John Terry likes this
Eastbay
Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt Nigeria

Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup
« #10 on: May 18, 2010, 08:44 AM »
Leave DK to be fantasizing about a midfield without international experience.

I am waiting for these 2 posters to come with a rejoinder on the so called Germans without experience and they shouldnt forget to juxtapose it with the experienced English team
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 14, 2010
DK,
It's only Australia.
Admitted, your team played well,but don't get too carried away.Australia is known better for cricket,not football.
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Borat1: 8:31am On Jun 14, 2010
Same way USA is not known for football. Basketball, Baseball, Hockey. . .anything but football
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 14, 2010
^^^^^
I've never mentioned anything about England winning anything.Don't let your propensity to mis-yarn becloud your judgement, if you are refereing to the England USA game.
And if USA could get to the final of the Confed Cup beating Spain along the way,shouldn't you add football to the list of those sports?
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
Its only Australia they say and known for cricket,

It would Interest you to know football is like a 5th rated sport in the US. Most people didnt even care about it

and I saw how a country who takes football as a religion huffed and puffed to no effect.

The midfield of Gerrard and Lampard who have your so much talked about international experience could hardly string together passes and create opportunities while inexperienced Ozil Khedira and Muller were awesome.

Another point, One team was an EPL 23 man team and the other an all Bundesliga team
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by dayokanu(m): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2010
If you dont know, now you know Thomas Muller would win the Young player of the tournament.

Write it down
Re: Ballack Out Of World Cup by ritchboy(m): 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2010
^^ Ozil = young player of the tournament, GUARANTEED!!

Van der Wiel should be 2nd. . . If Elia somehow gets a chance to feature more often, he could sneak it.

Muller should settle for 16th cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marseille Vs Bayern Munich (0 - 2) On 28th March 2012 / Is Arsene Wenger A Magician? / Champions League Draw: The Round Of 16 Fixtures Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.