Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? (3489 Views)

I Prefer Sleeping In Cell, Not Office, That’s Allah’s Wish – Magu Tells Police A / Nigerian Police: A Brutal Reality - Oke Umurhohwo / Biafra: Fight Military Or Keep Quiet – Oyebode Dares Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by StPete: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ok so I had this argument in my office about the Nigerian Police Force and believe me, I haven’t gotten any satisfactory answer, not even from google lol. So I wanna know, anyone with concreate proof, please state succinctly which group the Nigerian Police Force falls under.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Please do the needful
Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by Firefire(m): 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
Bloody civilians...

1 Like

Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by Techcrunchng(m): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
They are paracivics grin because they are of no use in Nigeria
Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by jom28gy(m): 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Nigeria police Is S force of it own, not paramilitary, not Army

1 Like

Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by omohayek: 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
The police are none of the two - they are as much "bloody civilians" as the ordinary people they extort and bully on a daily basis. The only reason why this fact isn't obvious is because Nigerian police forces generally lack any sort of meaningful accountability to the people they are supposed to be serving (not bossing around).

2 Likes

Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by Vikkie14: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
Techcrunchng:
They are paracivics grin because they are of no use in Nigeria
Says who? They are very useful. One of their usefulness is that they are the Best guys who could get the job done neatly when it comes to firing Stray Bullets. None can beat them in that aspect. And you claim they're not useful. cheesy
Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by Techcrunchng(m): 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2018
Vikkie14:
Says who? They are very useful. One of their usefulness is that they are the Best guys who could get the job done neatly when it comes to firing Stray Bullets. None can beat them in that aspect. And you claim they're not useful. cheesy
OK they are useless grin
Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by Blue3k(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
They're civilian in my opinion. There rules of engagement and training is different. Millitary is also bound by millitary rules and courts. Aloit od their issues are handled in house. I wouldnt consider police paramilitary either since theyre sworn in by the state and work for public.
Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by OriginalKogiboy(m): 9:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
dem be non,military force. on their own.
Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by mchenryking0(m): 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
they are pure para military. The word Force was added to the Nigeria Police during the military era. The feeling of wanting to belong( military)made some of them start addressing themselves as nig pol force which later become official.
Re: Is The Police A Military Or Paramilitary Organization? by StPete: 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
No logical conclusion still. Abeg mods move to the permanent site

Cc: OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

Is The Core North Over Rated? This Is What Saraki Need. / Buhari Not Fighting Corruption Efficiently, Says Olawepo Hashim / 70 Political Parties Adopt Governor Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.