Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,863 members, 7,798,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

"Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says (12130 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Attacks Osinbajo, Says He Has 'Leprous Fingers' / Protest Against Bad Governance In Imo State (Photos) / Dr. Ismaila Farouk Blasts Osinbajo; Says He’s No Saint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:25am On Apr 25, 2018
The Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has called for prayers for leaders in the country, saying governance is spiritual warfare.

Osinbajo spoke on Tuesday at the inauguration of the auditorium of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry headquarters at Gbagada, Lagos State.

Osinbajo said the inauguration was auspicious because it came at a time when the nation is confronting different security challenges.

He, however, faulted people who criticise Christians in government.

While making reference to how Esther in the Bible delivered the Israelites, he urged Christians to pray more, saying governance is a spiritual warfare.

He said, “Those of us Christians in government, we are sometimes referred to as Esthers; we are told that we are in office for such a time as this.

“What is often forgotten is that when Mordecai told Esther that she was in the palace for such a time as this, Esther replied in Esther 4:16, ‘Go and gather all the Jews that are in Shusan and fast for me, neither eat for three days – night and day. My maids will fast likewise and I will go to the king, which is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.’

“This I say to the church as well; it is the duty of the church to pray for those in government; the church should uphold the hands of those in government, not by complaining, but by supporting us in the place of prayer. Governance is spiritual warfare. Anyone that does not know that, I know that governance is spiritual warfare and I ask that you pray for us who are in position of authority in this land.”

The Vice-President said the crises in the North-East and other parts of the country were caused by Satan’s opposition to the spread of the gospel.

Osinbajo, who condemned the persecution of Christians in some parts of the country, said that President Muhammadu Buhari had asked him to take up cases where people were prevented from building religious places of worship.

He said, “First, there is even a resistance to building of churches. There are specific cases and places where specific allegations are made of valid applications made to build churches that have been refused. The President has mandated me to take up those cases with specific states and authorities. The right to freedom of worship is also a right to build places of worship.

“Second is the physical persecution of Christians, a phenomenon we have seen for years. Just this morning on my way here, I was notified of the violation of a Catholic church in Benue State by armed killers, who went there while a burial mass was taking place and killed the priest and some worshippers.

“It is not only a heinous sacrilege, but high wickedness to kill persons in the place of worship. As I discuss these issues with the President and other members in the security council, it is evident to me and to many that the devil’s biggest agenda is to stoke up a religious conflict in Nigeria; one that will make it impossible for anyone to preach the gospel or even Muslims to worship in their mosques. A few days ago in Bama, a mosque was burnt and many died.

“While the security agencies continue to work relentlessly to hunt down the perpetrators of this evil acts and bring a permanent end to all the killings that are going on in the name of herdsmen or Boko Haram or in any other name. We, as the body of Christ, must not lose focus. We are called to bring men and women to salvation: all men and women, even those who kill and persecute us.

“The enemy wants us to stand on our pulpit and preach hate. But we will not. We will obey our Lord Jesus Christ, who said that we must love our enemies and preach to even those who persecute us. There is nobody born or yet to be born that can stop the march of the gospel of Jesus Christ.”

Osinbajo, while lauding the Deeper Life for its investment in a flyover and streetlights to ease traffic in the neighbourhood, said the edifice is the fourth largest auditorium in the world.

He described the General Superintendent of the Church, Pastor William Kumuyi, as “a man of uncommon humility and commitment to the spread of the undiluted gospel of Jesus Christ with candour and integrity.”

The Vice-President urged the cleric to continue to preach “righteousness and righteous behaviour” as the government battles corruption.

The event featured musical performances from the children, youths, campus and adult ministries of the church.

Kumuyi thanked members and leaders of the church for contributing towards the success of the project, saying the church went beyond its initial plans by constructing the flyover and streetlights as part of its corporate social responsibility.

He said it took the church 13 years to construct the 30,000-seater church.

http://www.punchng.com/governance-in-nigeria-is-spiritual-warfare-osinbajo/

5 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:25am On Apr 25, 2018
shocked

While making reference to how Esther in the Bible delivered the Israelites, he urged Christians to pray more, saying governance is a spiritual warfare.

So it's prayers that will stop killer Herdsmen from killing, create employment, revive the economy or stop boko haram from bombing people?

This man and his oga I don't know who is more empty angry

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by wickyyolo: 6:27am On Apr 25, 2018
I hope you're ready to pack your bags

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by stonemasonn: 6:28am On Apr 25, 2018
Guy abeg, say something else.

13 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by Jazzlite: 6:29am On Apr 25, 2018
Same way churches are taking over warehouses in Lagos yet crime and evil multiplies unabated.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 25, 2018
And you sir are dining with the devil.

5 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by Firefire(m): 6:35am On Apr 25, 2018
Baba kekere also known as Professor Osunbade has lost his voice and could now be regarded as a FAKE pastor.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by coolcharm(m): 6:37am On Apr 25, 2018
If I were Osibanjo.. I'd have tendered my resignation a long time ago

Now, where and when ever Buhari is mentioned in the future.... Osibanjo will tag along too as the assistant coach of Own Goal FC

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by eagleeye2: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2018
Osibande wan begin blame the spirits for their ineptitude.

16 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by fairplay90(m): 6:39am On Apr 25, 2018
Ok
Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by eagleeye2: 6:40am On Apr 25, 2018
coolcharm:
If I were Osibanjo.. I'd have tendered my resignation a long time ago
That one no be for Nigeria. Lazy politicians waiting for free oil money.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by orisa37: 6:54am On Apr 25, 2018
He-Goats and Rams Cabal in Aso-Villa are locked up in horns.
Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by HigherEd: 6:59am On Apr 25, 2018
Esther didn't deliver Jews by just prayers alone, she actively defended her people's interest regardless of her limitations in the corridor of power.

15 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2018
Firefire:
Baba kekere also known as Professor Osunbade has lost his voice and could now be regarded as a FAKE pastor.

Awon political pastors, them many for my area.

5 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by Paperwhite(m): 7:54am On Apr 25, 2018
So it's spiritual warfare of Nigerian politics that is responsible for the many lies of this government, senseless killings by fulani herdsmen wreaking of the economy among the myraids of problems today?
VP Osinbajo is a liar & failure like his oga.

15 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by adadike(f): 8:03am On Apr 25, 2018
How can I continue to pray for u while under your wide christian nose, Buhari is Islamizing Nigeria by fire by force

3 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by saarumann: 8:42am On Apr 25, 2018
Fake pastor.
In other news;
Under buhari's Sharia principle governing Nigeria, IPOB separatist group that never go about killing and occupying people's land are terrorist, while fulani terrorist herders who kill, massacre and commit mass genocide to conquer and occupy local people's lands are very peaceful people who deserve Cattle Colonies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by saarumann: 8:45am On Apr 25, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

So it's prayers that will stop killer Herdsmen from killing, create employment, revive the economy or stop boko haram from bombing people?

This man and his oga I don't know who is more empty angry
I wonder for the fake pastor. Maybe it is prayer and fasting that will make boko-hari find his none existing WAEC certificate.

10 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by saarumann: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2018
HigherEd:
Esther didn't deliver Jews by just prayers alone, she actively defended her people's interest regardless of her limitations in the corridor of power.
Exactly. Esther ACTED FAST by exposing the man who signed the decree for ethnic cleansing against the Jews, but what did mere commissioner do in defence of people (christians) undergoing ethnic cleansing as perpetrated by the regime he is serving? NOTHING!
Useless pastor!

14 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by plaetton: 9:02am On Apr 25, 2018
Osinbajo is a fcking idiot and a fraud.

He now wants to play that Redeem Cult spiritual spiritual mumbo jumbo Fraud on all Nigerians.

16 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by surgical: 9:03am On Apr 25, 2018
saarumann:
Exactly. Esther ACTED FAST by exposing the man who signed the decree for ethnic cleansing against the Jews, but what did mere commissioner do in defence of people (christians) undergoing ethnic cleansing as perpetrated by the regime he is serving? NOTHING!
Useless pastor!
And he got the position by Christian backing

2 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by desmond2pk: 9:13am On Apr 25, 2018
Osibanjo is a criminal pastor

3 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by gurunlocker: 9:16am On Apr 25, 2018
Make we dey pray, make you and others in government dey chop national cake bah?

4 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by TheFreeOne: 9:27am On Apr 25, 2018
I am not interested in praying for evil/terrorist leaders. How many prayers I don pray for myself sef?

And I'll rather get my pump action ready to defend myself/family than to preach and love fulani terrorists cos life is a gift and it's too short to keep taking silly risks under a heartless/irresponsible government.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by unknownsolja: 9:32am On Apr 25, 2018
spinless VP..bloody puppet

1 Like

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by obowunmi(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2018
FAKE Pastor OSINBAJO

1 Like

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by marttol: 9:32am On Apr 25, 2018
What has spiritual warfare got to do with this now

Spiritual warfare is for believers...

You are sha going back to unilag next year.

2 Likes

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by seguno2: 9:32am On Apr 25, 2018
Stories that touch from a failed god of men.
Osunbande should tell us something else.

1 Like

Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by GrandMufti: 9:33am On Apr 25, 2018
Ok
Re: "Governance In Nigeria Is Spiritual Warfare" - Osinbajo Says by Factfinder1(m): 9:33am On Apr 25, 2018
Stupid talk...so what’s the name of the spirit shielding herdsmen

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari Celebrates His 80th Birthday Today! / Army Discovers Live Bomb In Ebonyi / Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.