Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,792 members, 7,798,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial (621 Views)

Professional Resume /CV, Cover Letter, LinkedIn Optimization - HIRE ME / How To Write Is Well Captured Cv, Resume And Cover Letter / Let Us Help You Get That Dream Job With A Professional Resume And Cover Letter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial by greencvs: 6:35am On Apr 25, 2018
Hello guys.
I will be taking you a comprehensive class on RESUME and LINKEDIN.
This class will cover everything on how to use Linkedin to improve your job search.
It will also prepare you and your resume for the days ahead
I will try to be explicit enough. I am also not a man of many words since I am one of the least rhetoric.
I bet you, this is going to be the best tutorial on this forum in terms of details, explanation, and simplicity.

Please show interest to spurs me on. comment, share and invite your friends. This will boost my morale and give me the energy needed to carry on.

Are we set?
Re: Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial by flexxyworld(m): 6:37am On Apr 25, 2018
interest shown. ride on sir
Re: Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 26, 2018
interested
Re: Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial by greencvs: 3:01am On Apr 26, 2018
I will not be so much interested in starting with what LinkedIn is. Please find out by yourself so that I can save the energy for other important things to be discussed. I suggest you use google to know about LinkedIn. Don't worry. You will not be charged for using google. I hope I am not too harsh?
Ok sorry for that.

Too much talking already. - OVER!

INTRODUCTION

Spending a few minutes periodicall]y optimizing your LinkedIn profile and resume can make a vast difference in your life.
Over time while it may seem like a trivial exercise, optimizing your LinkedIn profile will drive your profile to the top of more searches. Improving your tagline and photo will, in turn, coax recruiters to click on your profile and some will contact you about some great opportunities. Seizing these opportunities can result in substantial increases in your salary, increase your network and give you the skills that improve your personal brand equity. You could meet a future business partner, best friend or even mate. Repeating this exercise will raise you higher on your chart, advance your title, and gain you even more influence and if you're just not careful it may even increase your overall happiness too.

Imagine that you're laying your own yellow brick road to success, one brick at a time. With each action item in this training that you complete all of your efforts delivering you to your goal of Oz whatever your personal Oz may be.
Re: Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial by greencvs: 3:31am On Apr 26, 2018
The level of talent in the market is increasing. Showing up is no longer worth eighty percent as an old adage states. The methods that worked previously may no longer work. Therefore, you really do have to work smarter and harder when it comes to securing your job. You need to become more internet marketer than Job Seeker. This involves learning about search engine optimization, keywords and more which we will cover in this course.

I will try not to distract you with a lot of fancy graphics or overly verbose words. I will only mention the most useful information in the shortest amount of time because time is our most valuable asset.

Additionally, everything we discuss in here applies to the free LinkedIn plan, not a paid subscription since I don't want this to be a barrier to you achieving success.
Re: Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial by greencvs: 4:10am On Apr 26, 2018
Each lesson is followed by a bite-sized action item that you should be able to complete in just a few minutes. You must complete these action items to realize the full benefits of this training as each lesson builds on the last (prerequisite). This is very important complete each action item before moving on to the next lesson as each lesson builds upon the last. This course was built from experience, not the subjective whims of what a former recruiter liked or claims to have worked on them. I use hard data, experiments and AB testing to show you what works.

By the end of this tutorial, you will become more of a data-driven marketer. We all need to start thinking this way and this course was designed to get you there faster.
I have personally used all of the steps detailed in this course and each has delivered results time and time again. Well, each step may seem inconsequential when executed regularly in a disciplined cadence. These tactics have the ability to move mountains, attract the success you desire and change your life. While this course appears to center more on LinkedIn, worry not, you will have a polished professional resume valued at fifteen hundred dollars at the halfway point of this tutorial. LinkedIn is your resume albeit with a few more sections.

Enough talking let's get down to business and start improving your career and life one lesson and one action

Did you finish the reading? I mean, u read my epistle reach dis level? I applaud you if you did.

Undoubtedly, this introduction is the only boring part of this tutorial.
I made it that way on purpose. Yes! I plan it. This is just to put some lazy yut away. If you rea to the end, you are not lazy.

4:am. already. I am signing off.

I will be back.

Lesson 1 starts in about 20 hours.
Thanks
Re: Resume And Linkedin Demystify: Experts Details Tutorial by greencvs: 5:46am On Apr 27, 2018
CREATE A JOB SERACH FUNNEL

Your new mission is finding a new job. As anyone who has been looking for and applying for a job knows job searches take a lot of time and when I say a lot of time I mean all of your time. It's a job in itself.
How you go about conducting your job search is almost as important as the job search itself. Everything you do, moving forward is an extension of your personal brand. So are you commingling business with pleasure? How are you representing your personal brand with your job search e-mail address?

Let's take a look at a couple of examples. Which is better? To improve your efficiency and eliminate the commingling of non-job correspondence with job search communication, you absolutely need to create a funnel for all of your job search. Communication and when I say a job search funnel what I really mean at this point is a singular communication channel which will only be used for job search correspondence and activity namely a job search e-mail address.

While this seems to be ridiculously simple, this will accomplish two important things. First, it will ensure that you have an email address that is professional and suitable for a job search. And two, it will funnel all of your job search communication into one email account that you can quickly review to make sure you respond as soon as possible. I recommend using Gmail as it is free and offers many features that are useful for any email address. That includes your name such as JohnSmith@GMail.com. If your name is already taken, then add your middle name, middle initial or additional characters between names such as JohnDiSmith@gmail.com. Whatever you decide just make sure it looks professional and don't use this email for anything else Lastly I will advise that you use Gmail accounts because it's very easy to move between them and I can put all of these Gmail accounts into my email app. Which is the default email address.

Hello.

Next topic loading.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Uopeople Scholarship / Any Corp Member Currently Serving In Jos South? / Nysc Clothing, Stationary And Toiletries Kit Available For Stream 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.