Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,515 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:58 PM

Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku (20968 Views)

Border Closure: Obasanjo Says Benin Republic Must Mend Its Ways With Nigeria / Ambode: Tinubu Burst Into Tears At Meeting With Buhari & APC Governors- Guardian / Poll: Buhari, Atiku, Donald Duke, Fayose, Who Would You Likely Vote For In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Islie: 7:19am On Apr 25, 2018
By Hamza Idris

A former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has explained why he parted ways with President Muhammadu Buhari.

Atiku said this in an interview with the BBC Hausa Service in London, which was monitored by Daily Trust.

The former vice president, who resigned his membership of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), returned to his former party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), now the major opposition party in the country.

“The APC started on a wrong footing after President Buhari assumed office. Also, the way the government is being run; I made my suggestions but it seems they were deemed not important to them,” Atiku said. He also said he was aspiring to be president to be able to right the things he could not during the eight years he served as vice president.

“I want to be the President of Nigeria because I would be able to do things I could not do as vice president,” he said, and added that if elected president, he would start with the country’s economy and that he believed Nigerians would trust him in the fight against corruption, citing how their administration set up the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He also vowed that there was no personality that he would not investigate if he was elected president, just as he dismissed insinuations that he was desperate to become president.

On the allegations that he had been barred from the United States of America, Atiku said he had applied for a US visa but was denied and was given no reason for the denial.

He denied allegations that his house in the US had been auctioned. “I bought the house for my wife and she was the one who sold it,” he added.

On the recent comment of the president concerning Nigerian youths, Atiku said he disagreed with the president. “I don’t see Nigerian youths as lazy,” he said.

Atiku called on the youths to get more involved in politics, promising to give them 40 per cent of his cabinet if elected president.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-parted-ways-with-buhari-atiku.html

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by eezeribe(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2018
Both of you had never actually "met" in the first place.
Everybody in APC had his own personal agenda before joining the coalition;little wonder the party is in so much disarray and acrimony among themselves within their first tenure at the national level.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Trustme2(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by SalamRushdie: 7:24am On Apr 25, 2018
Any reasonable God fearing man will part ways with Buhari

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by nNEOo(m): 7:30am On Apr 25, 2018
I don't blame you,I blame those that think out of almost 200million ppl we have only you and buhari to choose from!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by daviefm(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2018
WAKANDA POLITICAL PROSTITUTE IS THIS.
JUST JUMPING UPANDA PARTIES LIKE OLOSHO KOBO KOBO

5 Likes

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Hmmm. President wey no fit get US Visa. Even yahoo yahoo dey enter America. Dis one go hard ooo

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Auladimeji(m): 7:49am On Apr 25, 2018
undecided What do you want us to do then

2 Likes

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by michoim(m): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2018
Liar...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by delugajackson: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2018
When you realize that there's no difference between these two characters. cheesycheesy

But the fact still remains that one is a lesser evil than the other. We need some one that understands our problem. Someone who will not only identify, but also fashion out modalities for a viable solution. Not "I will do this and that" candidate. Like Buhari, like Atiku.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by NonFarmPayrol: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2018
Buhari is a failure

Not worth working with

Its a stain on your cv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by EmmyDJourno: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2018
If this Atiku comes out, he would just give Buhari an Iniesta + Febregas + Messi style through pass and BuBu would score like Salah + CR7 + Kane

Let's look at his stance sad
On AntiCorruption: We would still collect that University you erected with our Commonwealth kiss

On 40% youth inclusion: Support a younger candidate and be an elderstatesman cheesy

On "I want to do what I didn't do as Vice": RUN MY PEOPLE RUN, HE WANTS TO SELL THE COUNTRY shocked

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 25, 2018
Nigerians must part ways with this evil regime.

Have you gotten your pvc today?
Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Quality20(m): 10:30am On Apr 25, 2018
Atiku is an Igbo man I think. Igbos shd get ready to vote him in 2019 and start calling for his head two years later, if at all he is able to win d 2019
Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by blackpanda: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Any reasonable God fearing man will part ways with Buhari

What a stupid comment

10 Likes

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by kitaatita: 10:30am On Apr 25, 2018
He left APC because Buhari failed to die

1 Like

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Bustincole(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2018
because he's not givin u any share abi

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by ibkgab001: 10:31am On Apr 25, 2018
Loll... he was denied America visa grin

Truth to God any body that lives in God and That God lives in them will never in any way have any thing to do with Buhari and his Government

Obasanjo as a case study
Saraki not sarrki of NL
DINO
JUNIAD
Even Jagaban
Sanusi

And host of others that has parted ways with the devil at asofuck... the blood of innocent Nigerians killed through BH
FHM
AR&K

Will surely ask for vengeance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by CilicMarin: 10:32am On Apr 25, 2018
grin grin grin Ipob candidate

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Mayydayy(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2018
Atiku.go and rest.
All of una na de same.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:33am On Apr 25, 2018
thank God you parted ways and was strong or say u r a northern with strong support. if not, by now EFCC, DSS or police would have come about you, family and business. ..all sent by buhari to clear or molestmyounintonnot declaring or contestingnfornthe presidency with him in 2019...just be careful....
Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by FatherD: 10:33am On Apr 25, 2018
The easiest way for buhari to win second term in 2019 is if he will be contesting against atiku.
Buhari will defeat atiku any day anytime even in adamawa.
Buhari govt is a failed government but atiku can never and should never be an option

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by veacea: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2018
We don't
Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by yazach: 10:34am On Apr 25, 2018
Phoenix616:
Nigerians must part ways with this evil regime.

Have you gotten your pvc today?

reminding themselves pvc as if they are more than 5%
Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by Firefire(m): 10:34am On Apr 25, 2018
Useless looter!

1 Like

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by MaziOmenuko: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2018
This one thought he would play a keyrole in this govt; maybe he thought he would be handed the Petroluem Ministry by proxy so he gets some oil well and dictate which company gets oil lifting contracts.

Unfortunately, the govt was hijacked out of his reach. Some other crocked insider formed a 'Kitchen cabinet' and shared the spoon without offering him one.

These old men actually believe this country is theirs to run and ruin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by kingthreat(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2018
Atiku, you parted ways simply because you believe in your spiritualist who said you would become president, when you were vice president

https://www.nairaland.com/3959093/atiku-abubakar-marabout-witch-doctor

Unfortunately, that marabout is just a man. You enriched yourself enough to build one of the best universities in Africa under 7 years as VP. Corrput morrafucka, you will not be president.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by jrusky(m): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2018
blackpanda:

What a stupid comment

No bro not a stupid comment it's his own opinion and he is free to say it. If you belief in Buhari does not mean other should ok.
Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by ManirBK: 10:39am On Apr 25, 2018
pls do not Atikulate..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku by abeliver: 10:42am On Apr 25, 2018
na lie...

u only left bcoz ur share from the stolen money has reduced...
who no like better thing..

meanwhile
vote for KANU 'PAPILO' 2019...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Borno Suicide Bomb Blast; Slams President Buhari (photos) / 3 Killed In Bayelsa As APC And PDP Thugs Clash. Graphic Photos / Minimum Wage: NLC To Embark On Nationwide Protest On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.