Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic (15224 Views)

National ID Card Wahala / FG Moves To Avert Looming Shutdown Of Airline Operations / Nigerians Without National ID Card Won’t Get Travel Passports, Says NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by 14Ebisco: 7:31am On Apr 25, 2018
The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) has announced that international passport will no longer be issued to those who do not have national identity card number.

The NIS comptroller general, Mohammed Babandede, disclosed this on Tuesday at the opening ceremony of the 4th annual meeting of the ID4Africa movement hosted by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).

According to Babandede, the development was part of the efforts to streamline the databases of all government institutions and agencies.

He said the streamlining was crucial and not just for security reasons, but also to aid economic and social planning.

He said, “Based on the president’s directive, we have committed to linking up with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to ensure that henceforth, when filling your passport details, you must produce your NIN number.

“We have also provided office space for NIMC in all our establishments nationwide. We are glad to also invite NIMC to all our foreign missions.”

According to him, through constant reforms, the immigration service has eliminated the era of multiple passport owners in the country.”

“In the past, when you buy food in restaurants abroad you will lose your passport and get another one. But today we have a single database; we are in 87 locations, including our 37 foreign missions,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/immigration-moves-to-implement-no.html

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Bowwow11(m): 7:34am On Apr 25, 2018
that is too rigid now
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by herkeym001(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2018
You say weytin ?

8 Likes

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 25, 2018
What rubbish... didnt the incompetent NIMC say that only 2012/2013 are readily available and can't provide National id-cards for everyone?

Just imagine, 2012 registration is just ready in 2018. Dont they have medium of communication amongst its agencies before rushing to the press?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by koolgee(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2018
Okay...
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by lakesider(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2018
Very good my brother

1 Like

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2018
It is only in nigeria u go do biometrics for drivers licence, bvn,pensions, passport, national id, pvc. Why because they have to award contracts to dem selves to buy computers and scanners. We are cursed in this country abeg. I regret being a nigerian

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by okonja(m): 7:41am On Apr 25, 2018
Hehehehe
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by TroubleMaker47(m): 7:41am On Apr 25, 2018
Useless ppl. National ID that takes 4yrs to process is what they are asking of?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2018
What? They're mad, very mad, wait o, national ID card that takes a lot of years b4 they remember to process is what they want to use from holding us back b4 issuing passport, lukat these people o, you know my greatest problem with this government is that, they don't solve previous problems but creates new ones everyday, so if I have an emergency, you'll tell me go and wait for years because of national ID card, thunder fire all of una lipsrsealed undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by nabegibeg: 7:42am On Apr 25, 2018
14Ebisco:
The Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) has announced that international passport will no longer be issued to those who do not have national identity card number.

The NIS comptroller general, Mohammed Babandede, disclosed this on Tuesday at the opening ceremony of the 4th annual meeting of the ID4Africa movement hosted by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).

According to Babandede, the development was part of the efforts to streamline the databases of all government institutions and agencies.

He said the streamlining was crucial and not just for security reasons, but also to aid economic and social planning.

He said, “Based on the president’s directive, we have committed to linking up with the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to ensure that henceforth, when filling your passport details, you must produce your NIN number.

“We have also provided office space for NIMC in all our establishments nationwide. We are glad to also invite NIMC to all our foreign missions.”

According to him, through constant reforms, the immigration service has eliminated the era of multiple passport owners in the country.”

“In the past, when you buy food in restaurants abroad you will lose your passport and get another one. But today we have a single database; we are in 87 locations, including our 37 foreign missions,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/immigration-moves-to-implement-no.html

i have both so i dont care

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by lyrondee: 7:42am On Apr 25, 2018
When I was about to get one.... . Shey passport too is for identifications

1 Like

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Aremson14(m): 7:42am On Apr 25, 2018
The one i applied for since 2016 is not available till date

1 Like

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Bobbyigwe(m): 7:43am On Apr 25, 2018
Good move. But what about we that apply and was not issue up till date

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Pavore9: 7:43am On Apr 25, 2018
Another joke! sad
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by SIRKAY98(m): 7:43am On Apr 25, 2018
Pls can i use my Drivers License to ease Collection of NIMC?
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by lakesider(m): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2018
Esseite:
What rubbish... didnt the incompetent NIMC say that only 2012/2013 are readily available

Just imagine, 2012 registration is just ready in 2018.

That is the standard anywhere in the wold even benin republic .

If most people have national ID . it will reduce d cost of doing many document . why should u tump print to do bvn if national i.d card is fuctional .
This will also increase security

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by annnikky(f): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2018
What about renewing the passport, are we to bring the nimc number

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by safarigirl(f): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2018
TroubleMaker47:
they only need you to have a National Identity Number (NIN), which is containedb in the temporary National ID Card

The temporary National ID is Valid.....you should learn to read to understand

20 Likes

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Offpoint: 7:45am On Apr 25, 2018
5 years and still counting, the national ID card NIMC told me to come back in two weeks time is still not ready. Nigeria My Country
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by buchilino(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

IF NIMC OPENS OFFICE AT IMMIGRATION OFFICES NATIONWIDE, DEN IT WILL BE EASIER TO GET D ID CARD. BUT MY ONLY FEAR, IS DAT NIMC OFFICIALS MAY NOW USE DAT OPPORTUNITY TO BE RIPPING PPLE OFF.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Tracypacy(f): 7:46am On Apr 25, 2018
My GrandPa telling me about money. I was around 12 or 13 years old.

GrandPa: "Money is like a cat. If you chase the cat,you'll never catch it. If you focus on what attracts the cat, like fish or similar, it will come to you."

Today I realize it was a masterclass in marketing.

6 Likes

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by jaymejate: 7:46am On Apr 25, 2018
If they will be collecting the NIN slip then no problem. But if they don't, they are indirectly telling people not to go international again because it will take 5years to get the card.

Well I just got my NIN slip yesterday and maybe by the time I born my 2nd child, I go get am. Useless country

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:46am On Apr 25, 2018
talk and talk,but no implementation
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Factfinder1(m): 7:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Good no pvc no salary too
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by buchilino(m): 7:46am On Apr 25, 2018
annnikky:
What about renewing the passport, are we to bring the nimc number

DATS NOT NECESSARY. COS UR DATA IS ALREADY ON DER NETWORK
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Saladin25(m): 7:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Esseite:
What rubbish... didnt the incompetent NIMC say that only 2012/2013 are readily available and can't provide National id-cards for everyone?

Just imagine, 2012 registration is just ready in 2018. Dont they have medium of communication amongst its agencies before rushing to the press?
If you have the temporary ID card, you have no worries. The National Identity Number (NIN) is the most important.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Lordave: 7:47am On Apr 25, 2018
Esseite:

Please where did you get that information? I enrolled since June 2013 and I'm yet to receive a call or text message from NIMC on the availability of my card.
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by iamclime(m): 7:47am On Apr 25, 2018
It seems many people here don't know the difference between the NIN (National Identity Number) and the e-ID card. You get the NIN once you register and that is what you need to present at Immigration. The NIN is your unique number for life.
As for the card itself, well well well! We are all waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by spaggyy(m): 7:47am On Apr 25, 2018
if they make it easier to collect, people will go for it
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by FSolar: 7:48am On Apr 25, 2018
Lol, we punish ourselves too much in this country. The government only adds the icing. To process National ID, you need to have a form of National validated ID (voters card, Int’l Passport, Driver’s licence etc) + BVN. To get a validated ID or BVN, you need to also have a VALID validated ID.

There is no way any of it is going to be easy looking at it all through. I learnt the slip can be collected same day but you’d be told to come back in 1week or 2.

The govt. is not the problem because we decide the government.
Re: Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 25, 2018
Lordave:
Please where did you get that information? I enrolled since June 2013 and I'm yet to receive a call or text message from NIMC on the availability of my card.

Check the threads of yesterday..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Government Deports 414 Illegal Immigrants / Boeing Is Going To Update The Control Software On The 737 MAX / Why Lagosians Hate Using The Pedestrian Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.