Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:10 PM

Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons (6967 Views)

Fire @ Mikano Office, VI: Two Persons Confirmed Dead - Eyewitness (video) / Transcorp Building Intact, The Building Beside It Was The One Affected / Weakened 3-storey Building Collapses In Ibadan, 2 Persons Affected. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by OEPHIUS(m): 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
provides shelters and relief materials

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has paid an on-the-spot assessment visit to scenes of the rainstorm that led to the destruction of about 100 homes, schools, a poultry farm and other public amenities at Agbogugu, Awgu Local Government Area of the state.

Gov. Ugwuanyi while at the disaster scenes sympathized with the affected persons and informed them of the decision of his administration to provide shelters and relief materials to cushion the effect of their loss.

The governor had in the wake of the natural disaster on Monday night, which also wreaked havoc at Ugbawka, Nkanu East Local Government Area, “sympathized with the affected persons and directed the Enugu State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to commence immediate response by providing shelters and relief materials to the affected persons”.

He assured the persons affected by the disaster that his administration will “do everything possible to protect and provide them with the necessary assistance”, reassuring the people of the state of the government's commitment to their welfare and security of lives and property.

Speaking on behalf of the people of the area, the Traditional Ruler of Eziama Agbogugu autonomous community, Igwe Desmond Chukwu expressed gratitude to Gov. Ugwuanyi for “his prompt visit and response through the provision of relief materials and other assistance”.

The Traditional Ruler described the natural disaster as devastating and unfortunate, disclosing that the last time they experienced such havoc was in 1979.

He added that “the state government’s intervention was a welcome development and would go a long way to cushion the effect of the loss”, praying that such calamity does not happen again. #amokelouis

http://thepunditng.com/enugu-rainstorm-ugwuanyi-visits-sympathizes-with-affected-persons/

CC: Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Dononique

Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by OEPHIUS(m): 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
More

Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by Mutemenot(m): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2018
.poor construction everywhere..imagine that duplex shocked
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by miracle956: 7:11am On Apr 26, 2018
f
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by okomile(f): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2018
Sorry ooo
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by JoshB92: 7:12am On Apr 26, 2018
Eeyah
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 26, 2018
042 always on point
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by Chinachriss(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2018
Beautiful houses though. This is even a village.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:14am On Apr 26, 2018
Governor that has his people at heart.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2018
Nice one gburugburu

Government should feel the pulse of the people

Not like the one we have in Aso rock
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by Drnice: 7:18am On Apr 26, 2018
The way I love this State(not the government but its people) is immeasurable. The government should provide shelter to accomodate them cos they are tax-payers too. But Enugu people like going about their daily businesses but forgetting the plea of their fellow. No just quote me oo!
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by debolayinka(m): 7:35am On Apr 26, 2018
E be like say rain dey on strike here.
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by lonelydora: 7:47am On Apr 26, 2018
Chai
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by Britishcoins(m): 8:29am On Apr 26, 2018
Agbogugu, that is very close to my town, Oduma in Aninri LGA of Enugu state.
My friend Michael always boast of how developed their village is. Agbogugu is beautiful indeed.

Ekweremmadu please ensure you finished the Oduma - Nnewe road.
I love Enugu state so much...
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by Kulas: 8:36am On Apr 26, 2018
We are at peace with our governor, everything is working normal in Enugu state. The atmosphere is very cordial in every nook and crannies.A state the governor can never see opposition come 2019 because of his performance. The state APC will be afraid to thread and if they dare try it, they can never get even one percent of total votes cast.
Enugu Amaka!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by crestedaguiyi: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2018
Yet the president cant visit benue victims
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by modaink333: 9:58am On Apr 26, 2018
I love 042
Rep Nsukka
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by Obdk: 10:35am On Apr 26, 2018
Mutemenot:
.poor construction everywhere..imagine that duplex shocked

natural disaster my man
Re: Enugu Rainstorm: Governor Visits, Sympathizes With Affected Persons by Young042galaxy: 11:33am On Apr 26, 2018
[quote author=Britishcoins post=67039487]Agbogugu, that is very close to my town, Oduma in Aninri LGA of Enugu state.
My friend Michael always boast of how developed their village is. Agbogugu is beautiful indeed.

Ekweremmadu please ensure you finished the Oduma - Nnewe road.
I love Enugu state so much... [am also from agbogugu. Our ppl is trying in terms of developing the village. U will mistake the village for one of these communities in anambra state. Another strong contentender is Isu awa which borders agbogugu. Those two communities are doing great in terms of development. ]

(1) (Reply)

60kva Generator For Sale In Nigeria / / Deed Of Assignment Versus Deed Of Sublease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.