Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (996387 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Abbylee: 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Hi guys, I got PPR yesterday.

My application was onehow so I’m sharing all the details should someone find himself or herself in this situation.

My husband got his PPR and COPR before we got married. His application was processed in Ottawa while mine was in London.

His timeline below;
ITA- 4th August 2017
Medicals- 25th Oct
AOR- 31st Oct
Medicals passed- 10th Nov
We do not need additional docs- 20th Nov
ADR POF- 21st Nov
ADR submitted- 27th Nov
Add docs are being reviewed- 7th Dec
Ordered gcms notes-9th Jan
We need more docs...- 11th Feb
Gcms received- 7th Feb
ADR Addn family info- 7th Feb
ADR submitted- 8th Feb
We do not need add docs...- 16th Feb
IP2- 19th Feb
PPR- 20th Feb

My timeline below
AOR: 14th December
MEP/IP1: 21st December
NA2: 4th January
Job mail/FTD/NADR: 29th January
IP2: 27th February

Got married: 19th May
We notified them individually via email and CSE: 21st May
London responded to my email two days later, saying they would withdraw my application, reopen his application and merge mine with his. Ottawa was quiet about his emails.
ADR (Husbands account): 23rd May- The generic stuff they ask for when you add your spouse; Processing fees & RPRF, several forms, wedding pictures, marriage certificate and he was instructed to return his passport and COPR.

At this point, I was upset that they ignored the fact that I submitted an application as well and just sent him the same thing as though he added me to his application as a fresher. I had been in contact with a friend of @4Barr (thanks for the hookup btw) who had been in the exact situation and said the same thing happened to her and they had to pay again hoping she would receive her refund then but they never withdrew her application nor did they refund till date (over a year now). So we decided to hold out on responding to the ADR after all, we had 30days to respond.

Anyway, we both emailed them severally that I already paid with my own application and we shouldn’t have to pay a second time. London responded to mine and said they would contact Ottawa about the fees. Ottawa eventually responded saying he should disregard the ADR and fees and that an officer will attend to his file shortly, this was after he called them to order in an email about them ignoring his previous messages and explaining our situation again

Two days later I followed up with London, they responded on the 31st and said;

“Thank you for your email.

We have indeed received a response from our office in Ottawa. They will continue to process and issue for your spouse’s application and this office will continue to process and issue for your application. No additional fees are payable.

Your spouse will be added to your application as a non-accompanying dependent, and you will be added to his application as a non-accompanying dependent.

We will send a request letter via your MyCIC account shortly. Please review it as soon as possible”

ADR for Marriage Certificate (Husband’s account): 30th May.
ADR for Marriage Certificate (My account shortly after their response): 31st May
My account was also updated with my husband as a dependant.
PPR: 1st June

Another PPR for my hubby: 5th June.

NB: We sent our passports separately

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by successhungry: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
ploff:
Any section in particular ?

[b][/b]
2&3
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
Congratulations on your wedding.

Like someone once said on this forum; there is nothing like a PPR on top a PPR...i can't remember the exact wordings.

Guys: to all of you critisizing people making relocation willingness as a benchmark for evaluating prospective spouses; come and see oooooo......make person no be like trailer head wey dey face Port Harcourt when the body dey face Kaduna. There is nothing like goal congruence in marriage. Cheers! grin

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
justwise:

You have being doing this even with your previous ID you deactivated.
I can't remember that being an issue.. I never scammed anyone and don't plan to. I was chatting with people who I pmed and who pmed me when the former moniker was on, on this same email address. It is the same email Addy.. Anyway, I'm done!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
happytbaby:
Congratulations on your wedding.

Like someone once said on this forum; there is nothing like a PPR on top a PPR...i can't remember the exact wordings.

Guys: to all of you critisizing people making relocation willingness as a benchmark for evaluating prospective spouses; come and see oooooo......make person no be like trailer head wey dey face Port Harcourt when the body dey face Kaduna. There is nothing like goal congruence in marriage. Cheers! grin
What does that non-accompanying dependent mean?
Cc Abbylee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by pretygurll: 11:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
Hello People,

Please I need help here. I am employed as a Telecommunications Engineer but just went through the NOCs to find out wch one would match my JD. From the JD on CIC I have realised that my JD matches that of a technician. I confused don't know if I should choose 2241, 2281 or 2133.

Please I need to know if I should pick NOC based on job title or job description. See my JD below

 Responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of all service-related equipment.
 Supervision of the transmission of radio and television programs.
 Install and maintain computer systems and networks.
 Maintenance of audio and visual transmission links.
 Investigation of electrical or electronic faults.
 Installation, testing and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems and equipment
 Installation and testing of power equipment and systems, telecommunications, broadcast and audiovisual systems.
 Monitoring and maintenance of hardware systems to ensure programs are broadcasted on time with high quality sound and image.
 Maintain logs of production activities.

Please gurus in the house help me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oreoluwa08(f): 11:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author=bababode825

Thanks for understanding.

NB: I am actually based in Isolo but I can come around if all is set

[/quote]
Hello, Please I’m interested

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Riddler32: 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
Congrats on PR and Marriage.

Abbylee:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Hereforthistoo: 11:41pm On Jun 02, 2018
Hi guys,

Came across the attached Express Entry budget on the web.

This should help anyone estimate how much the EE journey is likely to cost.

Obviously, some of the figures may change due to updates by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or even the peculiarities of individual cases and probably third parties involved in the process. But at least, you have a rough idea of what you may incur.

Cheers.

HFTT

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by IamtrulyBlessed: 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2018
Abbylee:
MEP/IP1: 21st December
Got married: 19th May
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Titaniium: 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2018
pretygurll:
Hello People,

Please I need help here. I am employed as a Telecommunications Engineer but just went through the NOCs to find out wch one would match my JD. From the JD on CIC I have realised that my JD matches that of a technician. I confused don't know if I should choose 2241, 2281 or 2133.

Please I need to know if I should pick NOC based on job title or job description. See my JD below

 Responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of all service-related equipment.
 Supervision of the transmission of radio and television programs.
 Install and maintain computer systems and networks.
 Maintenance of audio and visual transmission links.
 Investigation of electrical or electronic faults.
 Installation, testing and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems and equipment
 Installation and testing of power equipment and systems, telecommunications, broadcast and audiovisual systems.
 Monitoring and maintenance of hardware systems to ensure programs are broadcasted on time with high quality sound and image.
 Maintain logs of production activities.

Please gurus in the house help me

The truth is some of the JDs for the NOCs you mentioned are similar and intertwined. What I think would eventually differentiate you is the employment/education requirement listed at the base of each NOC's JD

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 03, 2018
Congrats.
Abbylee:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kasspy: 3:03am On Jun 03, 2018
Hi guys, I'm in a dilemma right now. I'm an EE candidate with CRS of 445 without spouse and 436 with spouse. At the moment it seems we've exhausted our means of boosting our CRS except wify have to take another ielts. Considering the cost and especially the inconveniences involved, it's difficult for her as she's also a nursing mother. I really want to be with family when the EE eventually works out. I'm in a fix as per if I should file as single/no accompanying spouse and bring in my family later. But I don't know what the implications might be considering the fact that we already have a baby and we got our passports with same surname in January. Applying alone means I'll get ITA in next round. Applying as a couple means we may have to still wait until crs comes down if at all it will. Pls i need inputs from the gurus in the house. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kasspy: 4:29am On Jun 03, 2018
Congrats dear.
arinbakenne:
My PPR is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it is double celebration for me today.

I clocked thirty today and IRCC decided to give me the best birthday gift ever.

My joy knows no bound.

My PR journey was smooth up until I got to IP2 and then it seemed like it got stuck.

I became apprehensive when I was informed that my VO is London, the dreaded VO.

I decided to order GCMS notes on the 1st of May when I read here that it sometimes trigger an action on the application.

I noticed that my account status changed to updated on the 25th of May but I still didn't understand what was going on because my Review of document status also changed to 'We are reviewing your additional documents'

I asked for help here and @happytbaby was kind enough to respond to me that I should expect PPR soon.

And here we are today.

Kindly see my timeline below:

ITA - 20/9/17
AOR - 19/12/17
ADR - 08/01/18
ADR Submitted - 17/01/18
Medical Exam Passed - 17/01/18
IP1 - 18/01/18
NA1 - 01/02/18
IP2 - 02/03/18
Ghost Update - 25/5/18
PPR - 30/05/18

PS:

1. Family of Four
2. Hubby and I have travel history
3. I have been refused US Visa before
4. ADR - The date on my Marriage Certificate did not show so I was asked to rescan it

I wish you all success throughout your PR journey and beyond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Aig842: 4:42am On Jun 03, 2018
Hi Kasspy, you cannot apply as single when you’re married, that’s misrepresentation and will earn you a five year ban. My advise is spouse should sit for IELTS again since you really want to be with your family.

Applying with unaccompanying spouse will get you a CRS score like you’re single but you still have to provide POF, PCC and medicals for the entire family.

Hope this helps. Cheers
Kasspy:
Hi guys, I'm in a dilemma right now. I'm an EE candidate with CRS of 445 without spouse and 436 with spouse. At the moment it seems we've exhausted our means of boosting our CRS except wify have to take another ielts. Considering the cost and especially the inconveniences involved, it's difficult for her as she's also a nursing mother. I really want to be with family when the EE eventually works out. I'm in a fix as per if I should file as single/no accompanying spouse and bring in my family later. But I don't know what the implications might be considering the fact that we already have a baby and we got our passports with same surname in January. Applying alone means I'll get ITA in next round. Applying as a couple means we may have to still wait until crs comes down if at all it will. Pls i need inputs from the gurus in the house. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Aig842: 4:44am On Jun 03, 2018
Congratulations @Ottawaboi and @Abbylee

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by hadecunleh: 4:52am On Jun 03, 2018
So you quote that very long PPR post 3 TIMES! Just to say “ Congrats dear” Kontinu. You better modify them before we pounce on you.

Kasspy:
Congrats dear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DadR: 5:12am On Jun 03, 2018
Brotherly, if I were in your shoes, I will rather wait for CRS to drop to 436 and apply as a family and this might happen sooner than you think. Your CRS is not far from the last cut-off. As at today, I'm not sure I can leave my wife with a baby for over one year. I love to always be around them. This is just my honest opinion.
May the Holy Spirit guide you.

Kasspy:

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 5:13am On Jun 03, 2018
Fresty:
waiting for ECA date... oh happy day, oh happy day...!!!! lolsss.
Fresty Fresty.. whats the latest pls? See how i have turned monitoring spirit ontop your ECA matter..hahahahaha.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 6:44am On Jun 03, 2018
Abbylee:

Congratulations!! It was stressful but the end result was worth it grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by PRatlast: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2018
KINGTELLER:

In section 2 and section 3, there were too many matching and multiple choice questions with long worded options, while you are trying to keep track with the speaker you are reading through a long options of paraphrased words. The no. 30 was the worst, immediately the speaker mentioned the question the next thing we heard was that is the end of section 3 blah blah...,

Ielts is a game of luck, you maybe lucky the exam comes easy or tough, one thing they always do is make one out of the four modules to be difficult

Wow, was there a map?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by chizilulu(f): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2018
Congratulations @Ottawaboi and @Abbylee... cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by safex(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2018
Good day house. Does WES evaluation for full-time degree differ from part-time degree? What's the implication if one bagged a degree while working full-time? Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Elixir123: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2018
Congrats to all who got the Golden mail recently! May the land yield its best.For those who just wrote ielts,y'all have done your best,the rest God will perfect.
IELTS,in my opinion, is no longer a test of the English language.It has become a trick test of sorts and not one that favours the takers.
Its sad really because its so crucial to the EE journey and,we are definitely at their mercy. But,only with identifying our individual weaknesses as per the "tricks" they set, can we begin to inch closer towards conquering ielts.
God will give us the needed wisdom and success.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 9:39am On Jun 03, 2018
Congrats @Abbylee. It ended in praise.

This EE journey can really test a person's resolve.

We shall overcome.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Abbylee: 9:49am On Jun 03, 2018
Thanks for all the congratulatory messages cheesy

However, something is unclear, when submitting my passports, do i still need to update my family information i.e. fill and send IMM008 and additional family information forms, since they have already acknowledged that I got married before giving me PPR?

Abbylee:

My application was onehow so I’m sharing all the details should someone find himself or herself in this situation.

ADR for Marriage Certificate (Husband’s account): 30th May.
ADR for Marriage Certificate (My account shortly after their response): 31st May
My account was also updated with my husband as a dependant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Abbylee: 9:57am On Jun 03, 2018
I think they just wanted the applications completed separately for the sake of the fees while also acknowledging that we are married.
Ottawa won't take on my application without fresh fees, London won't transfer my fees to them either as they already mobilised manpower. I think it was just convenient for them although they know we are both going to Canada (and we will definitely accompany each other lol), just that we applied separately. The non-accompanying part is just for formality and to make the whole thing less complicated for whoever comes across our application in the future.....I think.

Elfmannisback:

What does that non-accompanying dependent mean?
Cc Abbylee

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianEnginee(m): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2018
Kasspy:

Bro, why the rush? Your crs score of 436 isn't so far from the present cutoff or do you want to rush to Canada then wait for another 1 year before your family joins you?

I bet that after getting your PPR, you'll still wait for months before you depart for Canada so why don't you give your wify more time to prepare and do well in ielts?

Just imagine you indicate you wanna go as unaccompanied, get ITA with your crs score of 445 and boom, the cutoff gets to 436 in the next few weeks?

And lastly, patience is one of admirable qualities of Canadians. Just saying ni o

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadianEnginee(m): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2018
This place has been unexpectedly quiet since yesterday. Shey na because of the ielts exam which knocked out a lot of us or na because our 'school principal' justtwise, visited?

Whoever prepared those listening questions get serious problem. tongue tongue grin angry angry angry
When I got to part 2,it was as if I had not prepared for the ielts sef.
Abeg, I'll wait for the remark of my previous 8,8.5,7,7 to a possible 8,8.5,7.5,7.5 to increase my crs to 438. I can't kill myself especially when I know I prepared for it.

I'm done consoling myself.... cry.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 10:41am On Jun 03, 2018
Abbylee:

My timeline below

Goals alignment at its best. Congrats.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.