Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (996197 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 01, 2018
Tojued:

Are you sure WES does not require your certificate for evaluation? Please check your WES account properly. Certificate and transcript are both usually required.
not required for uk degree
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 01, 2018
smslive2:

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Pacowo: 12:35pm On May 01, 2018
tolfa:
Yes it can be done by proxy...but you have to get your thumb print done on their form then others can be done on your behalf....you will need a passport photo n biodata page of passport too....better go to the police headquarters in your state...they can help you out but it might take days except only in Lagos which takes a day cos that's where virtually PCC is done.

Thanks i appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tojued: 1:01pm On May 01, 2018
yeyerolling:

Okay.

However I would advise individuals to work with the requirements given in their WES account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Claire40: 1:12pm On May 01, 2018
I agree. I had to submit my university certificate to assess my UK degree
Tojued:

Okay.

However I would advice individuals to work with the requirements given in their WES account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Claire40: 1:16pm On May 01, 2018
Nothing is written in stone, mine took 3 full weeks to get to WES. On the bright side, the assessment was completed in roughly 3 days after receipt of my transcript so it kind of balanced out.
tolfa:

if royalmail was used...maximum is 7days....mine got to WES within that period though it might take WES additional 3 working days to update the profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bimsebony: 1:17pm On May 01, 2018
fnor:
Its PPR for me today o... Been a silent follower of this forum and I have learnt a lot. May it all of end in praise for us all.. AOR Nov 10 2017

Congratulations! May you enjoy the fruits of the land.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by PresVA: 1:26pm On May 01, 2018
hey guys, I have been reading lately about evaluating ACCA diploma. . please is there any practical experience of evaluating the diploma successfully or people are just wanting to try it now?

I ask because I have only read suggestions, no testimony yet...

Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:33pm On May 01, 2018
tolfa:

sorry to hear about that....one advantage is that once they send your transcript...WES won't ask for verification and faster evaluation which means before May ending all things being equal you will have your ECA
I hope so o! I was shocked that they hadn't sent it. Over a month o!

fizzile:
@Ifeoma77...WES does not require your certificate for evaluation. All they need is your transcript. I am also shocked my transcript has not gotten to WES aswell. My school in the UK said i will take atleast 3weeks for it to be delivered bearing in mind i used standard delivery. This week will be second week
@the bolded, I didn't know that. I sent the certificate through hellofax so it wasn't a hassle sha.
I'm guessing that mine might take about the same time to get to WES too.
Thank God yours is already into the second week. The woman I spoke with assured me that mine will be sent off today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Pacowo: 1:34pm On May 01, 2018
ArcUgo:
Prime Medicals at Cocaine Village off Aba Road Near 2nd Artillery Junction,. [url=http://primemedconsult.org/Canadian%20Immigration/index.html#]Their Website[/url] Contact No. 0809 084 0688. It's on the CIC Website

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by kareemHunt: 1:59pm On May 01, 2018
Not true. I paid my application fee of $2, 530 with my NMC. The limit is USD$5, 000. Had to call their contact centre as I do not trust Branch Customer service Officers anymore.
Tojued:

Gtbank naira Mastercard limit is usd1000.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by phemmi1: 2:23pm On May 01, 2018
Please what is the cost of medicals in IOM and Abuja clinics and does any of them work on Saturdays. Thanks
Tojued:

Thanks for the info. We're paying same amount whether abuja clinics or iom (two adults one child) so I'm just looking for the less stressful option.

From the few opinions I've gotten Abuja clinics seems to be easier and more flexible. Though I hear IOM uploads your result faster.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by flowbjones(m): 2:28pm On May 01, 2018
Am new here. I would need an experienced person to put me through.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArcUgo(m): 2:38pm On May 01, 2018
There's no one more experienced than Page 0 kindly read up, believe me you'll have little or no questions thereafter

flowbjones:
Am new here. I would need an experienced person to put me through.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 2:49pm On May 01, 2018
tolfa:

if royalmail was used...maximum is 7days....mine got to WES within that period though it might take WES additional 3 working days to update the profile
@ifeoma77 and tolfa...yes royalmail was used. The school sent a mail that the transcript was sent on 19th of April. I hope they receive it this week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fizzile(m): 2:55pm On May 01, 2018
Tojued:

Are you sure WES does not require your certificate for evaluation? Please check your WES account properly. Certificate and transcript are both usually required.
@ Tojued...certificate isn't required since the qualification was from UK. They indicated just transcript.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 01, 2018
kareemHunt:

I've just confirmed this. You are right.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mamacajah: 3:27pm On May 01, 2018
New Brunswick EOI is open for all those who have attended an information session in the last 24 months and do not have a job offer....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianfly: 3:29pm On May 01, 2018
Tojued:
Please can Abuja folks be kind enough to share their recent experience of medicals at IOM and abuja clinics? How long it took, was it crowded etc, when were results uploaded etc. Trying to decide on which to use smiley

Happy May 1! And for those moving soon enjoy the break, cos if I'm not mistaken, it's not a public holiday in Canada.

What to expect for medicals in Abuja Clinics, Amazon Street, Maitama.

Medicals are only done on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. 8am - 1pm. Please go early because it can take up to 4 hours.
Go with a copy of your passport data page for you and every member of your family on the application.
The fees are s follows:
Adult - N48,000
Child (below 10 years) - N10,000
I have no idea cost for kids above 10 years old. Didn't ask either.

When you get there:

You'll be asked to fill a hospital registration form for you and each member of your family. You'll be asked to pay N7500 each for registration. Don't be alarmed. It's part of the entire fee to pay. They will just ask you to pay that bit first.
We refused to split our payment becoz it meant going to the cashier at every stage and using POS. No. We asked them to add up everything and we will do one POS transaction. I can't be paying you money and you'll be sending me up and down the hospital angry grin

Anyway after the forms, they'll take a digital photo of you and your family each. Then send you off to the nurses for vitals. The nurses will take your weight (for those obese on this thread, well grin, your height and blood pressure. They'll send you to go see the Dr.
There's only 1 doctor assigned to this Canadian /Australian matter. For accountability I guess. She's a female Dr. She'll do a check on you and review your vitals from the nurses. If there are any concerns, she'll let you know. Then she'll send you off for blood work and xray.

This section is downstairs. Please be advised Abuja clinics dey do construction, so na so so noise and dust with heat dey that downstairs/basement.

Your blood will be taken then you go for the chest xray. If you're female, better wear clean bra that day because you'll have to expose the chest area for the xray to be done. Better to wear a top and bottoms. I wore a dress that day, na so I had to strip down to only "paiiinntt" grin

From there you go back upstairs and complete your payment if they split it for you. You'll be given consent forms to sign and given Information sheet to upload to your application as proof of medicals. And they tell you bye bye. You can decide to go see the Dr again to find out when she'll upload her own. But she usually uploads it that day.

Shikena! You're done.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Saintp(m): 3:29pm On May 01, 2018
GlitteringStar:

I've just confirmed this. You are right.

Na waa ooo. These banks need to be flogged. They made me go through a long route to pay my application fee just because the Bank's customer service workers don't even know what is going on in their bank. Too bad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianfly: 3:34pm On May 01, 2018
Ifeoma77:
Just got off the phone with my school angry I requested for, and paid for transcripts to be sent to WES since late march. They haven't sent it. angry
And UK schools are supposed to be stress-free angry angry
Thank God I decided to check on the status of my ECA. WES has been showing 'we have received your documents, you don't need to do anything at this time'. Ive been waiting for completion, not knowing that it's only the certificate that they've been accessing since.
Guys, don't just trust these people, they are swamped with work, use the phone lines and disturb them. Immediately after speaking with the WES rep, they updated my status to indicate that the certificate is accepted and the transcripts had not been received.
I called the school, hoping to at least hear that it's in transit already...
Oh well, better late than never

Maybe na Thames Valley University you go for Thamesmead, you know say na Yorubas dey the student records grin or those Paki colleges handled by Indians grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Canadianfly: 3:37pm On May 01, 2018
fizzile:
@Ifeoma77...WES does not require your certificate for evaluation. All they need is your transcript. I am also shocked my transcript has not gotten to WES aswell. My school in the UK said i will take atleast 3weeks for it to be delivered bearing in mind i used standard delivery. This week will be second week

See them Thames Valley or Southbank uni people grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 3:52pm On May 01, 2018
LOL. Very vital information.

Canadianfly:

If you're female, better wear clean bra that day because you'll have to expose the chest area for the xray to be done. Better to wear a top and bottoms. I wore a dress that day, na so I had to strip down to only "paiiinntt" grin

Shikena! You're done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by MummyJaygirls: 4:10pm On May 01, 2018
For those of u looking for extra points and have CIPM cert, send it to WES, it’s evaluated as 3yrs. ACT FAST!!!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sherilycious: 4:16pm On May 01, 2018
Please i am collecting my transcript by hand from IMSU. Whats the best and fastest courier service to use in sending it to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Cakay: 4:27pm On May 01, 2018
Please does anyone have an idea about getting Police Report from Turkish Republic of North Cyprus ( TRNC). Please This is urgent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Distinct777: 4:30pm On May 01, 2018
Good afternoon house. Please has anyone processed their transcript from Oau before? Anyone who can help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 4:36pm On May 01, 2018
WES asked for mine o. I sent the certificate via hellofax and the school sent my transcript.
I don't think they even verified cos my status changed to 'Accepted' in about 5 days from when I made the request for transcript from the school. I used courier service.
yeyerolling:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:38pm On May 01, 2018
Canadianfly:

Maybe na Thames Valley University you go for Thamesmead, you know say na Yorubas dey the student records grin or those Paki colleges handled by Indians grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This table you are shaking, my hand no dey O
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by sunvick(m): 4:46pm On May 01, 2018
If they will hear

Canadianfly:

If you're female, better wear clean bra that day because you'll have to expose the chest area for the xray to be done. Better to wear a top and bottoms. I wore a dress that day, na so I had to strip down to only "paiiinntt" grin grin

Shikena! You're done.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Distinct777: 4:50pm On May 01, 2018
[@Ethelia,
I'm just about to apply for my llb transcript from oau to send to Iqas. Do you have an idea how to go about it?

quote author=Ethelia post=67154699]

As your Lordship pleases grin grin grin grin[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Judithomo: 4:53pm On May 01, 2018
sherilycious:
Please someone answer me biko

Under FST you need to get certificate of qualification from a provincial trade body or one year full-time employment from a Canadian employed. Most province require you to have minimum of 4.5 years experience as a cook and pass the challenge examination with 70% before you can apply for a trade certificate as a chef. Also you need to be physically present in Canada for the exams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.