Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (994967 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Eilenora: 10:03am On Jul 04, 2018
Pls du know ne1 there as I am thnkn of gtin passport 4 my daughter and we r due to travel end of Aug

quote author=Tunba28 post=69056652]For all those with passport renewals or new passport application, if you don't mind why not leave a day or two out and go to Osogbo. You're sure to collect it that same day even within 3 hours or a little more. If you can't make it back that day, you will get an Hotel within the range of 7k, sleep and return the second day. I think that's better than waiting for weeks in Lagos. This is for people who are very much in a hurry though. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2018
Newmum0615:
As in ehn, I was legit screaming "Ethelia, Ethelia, Ethelia" in the car this morning. Hubby was just smiling and saying "check your mail, check your mail' He is a silent reader. I told him 'Not yet o, lemme scream first, Ethelia has gotten PPR oooo". grin

You and Ysteph are going to make me cry more tears this morning cry cry cry Thank you so much for the love! You, new mum are the most selfless person on this thread!

Before somebody chop me today let me post my short epistle grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CHIBABY2018: 10:03am On Jul 04, 2018
Pls house when verifying with WES, is it only ur highest degree u verify or u must verify ur MSc and BSc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Zutlin: 10:03am On Jul 04, 2018
Hey God! I plan to study some coding this morning (yes, I plan to be a software developer when I get to my country Canada cheesy) but all these PPR announcements have gotten me so excited I can't even focus.

Good news is good.

Meanwhile, I hope you PPR recipients are already on the 'living in Canada' thread? As I dey like dis, I know exactly where I want to live in Canada and why. Na only the street I never know grin. There's so much info on that thread...

https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/319

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by gistwivkome(f): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2018
ysteph:
Just ask your question again tomorrow because the whole of today, nobody go see road answer you because Ethelia has PPR.
Meanwhile, also note that the day Newmum announces PPR no even bother to ask questions for two days because nobody go answer you.
Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jhoci: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2018
grin grin My dear na as e do me for bodi jare. When I read all the PPR news I cried tears of joy, hope and faith for my own journey. Person come dey talk "okwu na aru afo", (talk we dey turn belle). It is well and I'm sorry if I sounded harsh..

Zutlin:

You are brutal! grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by smslive2: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2018
This has been answered severally... ONLY MSc... Go and sin no more
CHIBABY2018:
Pls house when verifying with WES, is it only ur highest degree u verify or u must verify ur MSc and BSc.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jhoci: 10:09am On Jul 04, 2018
Please make it long abeg...
Ethelia:

You and Ysteph are going to make me cry more tears this morning cry cry cry Thank you so much for the love! You, new mum are the most selfless person on this thread!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2018
Hmn, where do I even begin from! Initially my husband and I were considering going the Australia route but a friend encouraged us to go with Canada. We were not sure about who would be the PA (I’m younger but only wanted to use NYSC, while he could claim 2 years) so we decided to both take IELTS and let British council decide….

IELTS: Wrote Ielts in December and ont the day it was to be released both our results were withheld for quality checks! After almost 3 weeks the results were released. I became the PA (9,8.5,8,7.5 in LRSW). His was not as good but it was good enough to contribute some points. We studied using Cambridge, Ielts Liz and the free Road to Ielts materials. Advice: Preparation is key!!

ECA: This to me was a no brainer. Since there was a probability I would be the PA I quietly used IQAS while he used MCC. I have previously detailed my experience with both so wont repeat it. Advice: Start this as soon as possible, it can take a lot of time

Work Experience: I used my NYSC experience. I had a 3month extension during my service and was also retained for about 4 months thereafter. I submitted the work reference letter in strict CIC format, Pay slips, resignation letter, my previous business card and the business card of the Managing partner who signed. Advice: Get Your letter as soon as possible. This is because you cannot predict what will happen. I had a lot of back and forth with my former company regarding some of the wordings. Better to know if they will even agree to give the letter in the first place.

POF: 100% from my husband. I submitted my bank reference letters, exchange rate from xe.com and bank statements (which clearly showed the deposit from his account). I also included a declaration of gift from my husband. It’s worth mentioning that we had submitted his work reference letter and additional documents (we already had them, so why not?)

PCC: Inspector Moshood to the rescue grin grin

LOE: I put myself in the place of the Visa officer and tried to explain everything he might have questions about, such as why I wasn’t using my more recent work experience (I just told them it would be hard to get the reference letter and I highlighted the fact that the minimum requirement is 1 year which I have already fulfilled), why I have a different passport number from the one I got ITA with, my Bar Certificate, Schedule A, Travel History Form, my visa refusals, etc. I made it factual and straight to the point.

AOR: March 7

Med Passed: March 14

Ip1: March 15

Ordered 1st GCMS notes: 9th May (VO is Ottawa)

Ordered 2nd GCMS Notes: 28th June

Ip2: 1st July (when I noticed)

PPR: Today grin grin

In summary, preparation is key. God cannot bless what you haven't put effort into. Read, read and then research some more. No one can package your application better than yourself. Do NOT cut corners! It will come back to bite. Do all you can and leave the rest to God. I'll give some more info if anyone asks and when I remember grin grin

Thank you all so so much. This show of love is too much cry cry cry

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2018
Congratulations Dear.

[quote author=QSola post=69063551]Your name is a strong tower Jesus, to you belong all power Jesus, everytime i call your name, you make a way, your name is a strong tower Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2018
Don't cry dear. Without knowing you physically, i know you're a good person.
Ethelia:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ArabianRose(f): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2018
Its Testimony time!

So i remarked my BC results, circled W and S, results came in around first week in June, too 10 weeks exactly, S got increased but not W, i felt so bad but at least i got my 15k back. I became confused and felt i was running in circles, i didn't want to write again, the emotional and psychological effect was hitting me big time, spoke to Newmum(you already know how i feel about you), she asked me to write again, she was even willing to proof read my writing (sweet soul), no one was optimistic about remarking IDP, given their track record, even though i maxed out the other modules (talk about CLB10 grin).
However, I made up my mind i wasn't going to write this exam again, and this was my response to everyone that asked. Secretly, i applied for MOD IDP remark! I couldn't tell a soul (not even @Stillz that was checking on me everyday), was just hoping on God, i really felt i deserved more than i got in W. I followed up with IDP Australia, the remark was done in 2 weeks and on 2/7/18 i got my result, and guess what? UPGRADE!!!!!! W went from 6.5 to 7, new score is 8.5, 8, 7, 8.5 for LRWS respectively, isn't God good?? after 3 tests and 2 remarks!

Help me thank God, its as if i just crossed the red sea! shocked

ArabianRose:
second attempt...at this point i am just tired, i don't know what to do.
Listening: 8.0
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5

PS; i have always maxed out speaking and writing, and remark is 12 weeks? 3 freaking months!!!?

The above was my post- April 6th.

So I took Newmum's advice, to apply for EOR with BC and rewrite, this time around, IDP. Guess what? I think this feels worse. Anyway, LRWS came out as 8.5, 8, 6.5, 8.5. To think I was going for CLB10 sad . BC remark isn't out.. 7weeks now. At this point, I have had it up to my throat sad

60 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2018
Our own personal person! Congratulations Love.

Ethelia:
Unto Him who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever dream or wish to ask for!! To Him alone be ALL the praise!!!

My people it is PPR!!!!

I'm coming back to give my detailed application story and testimony but I just had to share this first grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2018
Oh what a joyful morning!!! Congratulations @Ethelia @Qsola @Adlib and thank you all for sharing! Your news just lifted my spirits this morning while we continue to hope and wait. May Canny land favor you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by wizean(m): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2018
Am suspecting you.... Seem like u didn't even bother brushing or taking ur bath, u just started running to VFS office immediately u got d PPR mail grin grin grin
Nna, give us the timeline..... We need it like mad!

Ethelia:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by reavealhidden: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2018
I can't even stop laughing amidst everything grin grin ...Finally got my EOR feedback from BC this morning after 8 weeks...My writing remained unchanged but speaking changed from 7 to 8.
Everything is going to be fine I believe!.
PPR go come @ last no matter what!

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2018
happytbaby:
Our own personal person! Congratulations Love.

grin grin Thank you dear cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Ethelia(f): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2018
wizean:
Am suspecting you.... Seem like u didn't even bother brushing or taking ur bath, u just started running to VFS office immediately u got d PPR mail grin grin grin
Nna, give us the timeline..... We need it like mad!

cheesy cheesy cheesy I wish oh! Cant go until tomorrow, was in the car driving to work when I checked my email out of boredom and BAM! Almost had heart attack cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by profeddor15: 10:15am On Jul 04, 2018
A very big congratulations to those given ppr this week, may the favour and glory of God continually radiate in ur life and that of others as we all move to the land flowing with milk and honey in jesus name.Please, i will support the move for whatsapp platform for this group so that i will be able to know my mentor in this forum,thereby drink from their well of knowledge cos i know that am the next in line to testify on this forum.
I love u all and proud to mingle with u.For whatsapp platform,my number is 08068314824. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2018
Talk less and read more. You have single handedly added several pages to this thread. I don’t care if you heard about Express Entry yesterday. You are not the first. There is no question you have that hasn’t been answered.

May5ive:
Can you calm down?

Most of these things I don't even understand them! What do I know that their congratulating people about?!

If you can't tolerate my questions, please just avoid them.
If this is how you guys treat first timers, it is awfully bad! There are people on this thread who are even afraid to ask questions, because people like would bash them!

Please take it easy abeg! This life na jeje!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:20am On Jul 04, 2018
Congratulations.

I am guessing all these PPRs are Ottawa as London cannot be working whilst we are sleeping. grin

Adlib007:
Big praise to God!!!

Got PPR today

ITA: April 24
AOR: May 4
MEP/IP1: May 11
IP2: June 29
PPR: July 4

I'm the accompanying spouse and our application was pretty straightforward, so we didn't have too many LOEs.

80% of our POF was in Tbills in my name while the rest was in my husband's.

While I didn't need to ask questions, this forum has proved super helpful and I'm grateful for everyone who has taken their time and energy to give of themselves for free.

I wish everyone favour in this journey!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by veleta: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2018
@Ethelia,Qsola and everyone else that got ppr,congrats to you guys.
@Arabianrose,congrats dear,your tenacity paid off.
@Newmum,you are such a beautiful soul,God bless you,as you are putting smile on a lot of people's faces,God will favour you in Canny.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:25am On Jul 04, 2018
I checked your signature yesterday, you are bahdddddd

smslive2:
When i referred people to the signature yesterday... Una see am ba? You cant even say Congratulations... He/She was even justifying it by saying What do I know that their congratulating people about?! JUST IMAGINE!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 10:26am On Jul 04, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
LVO will change.
happytbaby:
Congratulations.
I am guessing all these PPRs are Ottawa as London cannot be working whilst we are sleeping. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 04, 2018
Qsola, Adlib007 et Ethelia. This is what dream mornings are made of. I thank our great God for the favour He’s bestowed upon you guys. I pray for an endless stream of testimonies from you! Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by TEECANN: 10:31am On Jul 04, 2018
QSola:
Your name is a strong tower Jesus, to you belong all power Jesus, everytime i call your name, you make a way, your name is a strong tower Jesus.

Where should i start, i heard about fsw november last year and at the same my bro in usa told me to come over. I got to usa and i was told various means to obtain the green card, in short my husband i met with my arrangee spouse and we started preparing on how to get the fake divorce papers. It got to a stage i told my spouse that we should stick witg express entry cos i was scared of the repercussions. I left usa after 2month and came back home. I wrote my ielts same month twice and made it. My step mum stopped talking to me cos i didnt stay back. She called once and told me to tell her the truth that maybe we were to broke to afford plane tickets back to usa. She wanted us to go tru asylum to canada and refused talking to me ever since them. But today olowogbogboro made a way where there's no way. PPR came in
ITA may 23
AOR may 28
Mep/ip1 june 8
Ip2 june 27
Ppr july 3rd. Saw the mail 1 hr ago.

Pls endeavour not to go through the dirty route. Lets make nigerian name great again by doing things legally.
God bless u all

Others that moved to ip2 june 27th shud refresh their mail box. I did and i saw the mail

Big congratulations!!!

It has definitely ended in praise for you and your family!

Go and flourish in your new land, we are definitely coming behind you by God's grace!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 10:36am On Jul 04, 2018
Thank you for blessing us with this. Congratulations once again. Go and prosper. May God grant you strength and wisdom for the journey ahead.
Ethelia:
Hmn, where do I even begin from!

AOR: March 7

PPR: Today grin grin

Thank you all so so much. This show of love is too much cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2018
That's the spirit! We will read your PPR news here.
reavealhidden:
I can't even stop laughing amidst everything grin grin ...Finally got my EOR feedback from BC this morning after 8 weeks...My writing remain unchanged but speaking changed from 7 to 8.
Everything is going to be fine I believe!.
PPR go come @ last no matter what!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2018
Adlib007:
Big praise to God!!!

Got PPR today

Congratulations! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by AMNEXT: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2018
[quote author=joo2018 post=69052807]Congrats! Another PPR rain today!

[Ahh!!! is no PPR ooo. I was try to quote someone, unfortunately I didn't do it well. Still trying to understand how tp use nairaland. Anyways I claim it too and very soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Newmum0615: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2018
Yes o. This thread is on fire today. Lord God, keep moving in our midst pleaseeee. We need more testimonies.

Congrats again dear.

ArabianRose:
Its Testimony time!

I followed up with IDP Australia, the remark was done in 2 weeks and on 2/7/18 i got my result, and guess what? UPGRADE!!!!!! W went from 6.5 to 7, new score is 8.5, 8, 7, 8.5 for LRWS respectively, isn't God good?? after 3 tests and 2 remarks!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 04, 2018
ArabianRose:
Its Testimony time!

So i remarked my BC results, circled W and S, results came in around first week in June, too 10 weeks exactly, S got increased but not W, i felt so bad but at least i got my 15k back. I became confused and felt i was running in circles, i didn't want to write again, the emotional and psychological effect was hitting me big time, spoke to Newmum(you already know how i feel about you), she asked me to write again, she was even willing to proof read my writing (sweet soul), no one was optimistic about remarking IDP, given their track record, even though i maxed out the other modules (talk about CLB10 grin).
However, I made up my mind i wasn't going to write this exam again, and this was my response to everyone that asked. Secretly, i applied for MOD IDP remark! I couldn't tell a soul (not even @Stillz that was checking on me everyday), was just hoping on God, i really felt i deserved more than i got in W. I followed up with IDP Australia, the remark was done in 2 weeks and on 2/7/18 i got my result, and guess what? UPGRADE!!!!!! W went from 6.5 to 7, new score is 8.5, 8, 7, 8.5 for LRWS respectively, isn't God good?? after 3 tests and 2 remarks!

Congratulations!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.