Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,225 members, 7,807,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (996187 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oreo123(m): 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
Newmum0615:
Wow wow wow. Today na today. Congratulations bro! I wish iyawo safe delivery. Congrats in advance.
Biko, who knows Tojued's house? I want to go and ask her something.
Thanks a lot..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by clock89: 9:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
kendulala:

Thank you.

For work experience,she is a biology instructor at one A level school.I submitted letter from the employer, company ID card, business card from the General Manager and payslip.
In addition to the above, i stated clearly the salary from the school is been paid with cash.

ADR came requesting for Additional proof of employment, including at least: pay slips and proof of payment of salary into account. I got letters from the Account department of the school stating again that salary is paid with cash and another letter from the Admin dept of the school. 6 month pay slips and LOE for the ADR.

Cheers.

Wonderful. Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Oreo123(m): 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
Tojued:

Congratulations! And thanks so much for sharing. May Canny land flow with milk and honey for you.

Also we pray safe delivery for your wife. Cheers bro!
Amen. Thanks a lot. Wish you the best as well. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by jholarharde(f): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
gringrin
Newmum0615:
Wow wow wow. Today na today. Congratulations bro! I wish iyawo safe delivery. Congrats in advance.
Biko, who knows Tojued's house? I want to go and ask her something.
when u get the address kindly copy me, I need to know when my school will verify my credentials

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by exquisef: 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
was just double checking thanks
happytbaby:
Hello Oga/Madam,

What exactly is the issue you are having? It is not clear to me. One year Post graduate certificate is okay as long as you have evaluated your first degree too, if not you will need to pay about 100CAD extra to WES and have them evaluate it as well. Then you will be able to claim points for "two or more certificates"

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DDabs(f): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
No, I cant waka pass these bundle of joy, not especially when it concerns someone i really admire. @Ethelia, @ Qsola, @Adlib007, @kendulala and @Ore123, a very big congratulations to all.

I also rejoice with those dat got their IELTS scores upgraded. To all ITA grabbers for a while now, congrats and may ur application be smooth and timely.

@Ethelia, u remain that special smbori in my heart. Keep being good and remain u. May ur new home favour u and urs.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by CanadaPR: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
Wow!!!! Wow!!!! O my God!
This is beyond ☔ ☔ ☔....

Big Congratulations @Ethelia, @Qsola, @Adlib007, @Kendulala and @Oreo123....

More celebrations in Jesus name.....

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2018

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by bronze25(f): 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who got PPR, those who got their IELTS upgraded & those who just had their babies. May this month be filled with celebration.

I celebrate you specially Ethelia (my sister in Law grin)

Newmum I look forward to your goodnews.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tunba28(m): 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2018
Please send me a PM as I think we shouldn't leave numbers on here as instructed
Eilenora:
Pls du know ne1 there as I am thnkn of gtin passport 4 my daughter and we r due to travel end of Aug

quote author=Tunba28 post=69056652]For all those with passport renewals or new passport application, if you don't mind why not leave a day or two out and go to Osogbo. You're sure to collect it that same day even within 3 hours or a little more. If you can't make it back that day, you will get an Hotel within the range of 7k, sleep and return the second day. I think that's better than waiting for weeks in Lagos. This is for people who are very much in a hurry though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Jennypharb1: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hearty congratulations to Qsola, Ethelia, Adlib007 every other person who got PPR. May God order your next steps moving forward.

This journey no easy sha, there is nothing like having the right information so you can avoid unnecessary mistakes. To be JJC is not a sin, thanks to the guys who have gone ahead in this journey and provided/still providing a wealth of information. It is so unlike the Nigeria we see everyday where people tend to hoard all kinds of info for selfish purposes. God bless you guys abundantly

We will all continue to rise by helping each other stand.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Jennypharb1: 10:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
@Ethelia I have jejely followed you. Please I take God beg you, I know things might get a little busy, but try to post your NCA/articling/job search journey for people like us coming after you either here or on the living in Canada thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bubuyaya2015: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Congratulations to all. July has always been a special month in the year. Beginning of the 2nd half of the year. We shall all smile and rejoice this month. Completed my medicals with my daughter yesterday. Will be submitting next week. Lets keep up the Faith. God never fails.Atimes when I lie down to sleep. All am seeing is my application. Have i done everything correctly? is there something else i should add? Nobody is perfect even the VO and they will surely overlook some of our mistakes. " Be still and know that I am God" . My favorite verse now.

Goodluck to all.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by koonlay5: 12:12am On Jul 05, 2018
Glad to read all PPR news.

Congrats Ethelia and all PPR recipients..

Hi GlitteringStar, please check if this post is worth being bookmarked on page 0 for Nurses.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tunba28(m): 1:28am On Jul 05, 2018
Congratulations
kendulala:
Hello house, i have been a silent reader. God will visit all our heart and prayer request. I appreciate you all.

AOR 28TH Dec 2017

ip2 27Feb 2018

ADR 12th June(Additional employment record including at least payslips and salary account statement)

PPR 03rd July.

I got the A-Z information from this forum. thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by skylar2020(f): 1:35am On Jul 05, 2018
Oreo123:
Silent reader alert.

In response to @Tojued..

Woke up to PPR on Friday morning.

See timeline below:

ITA - JAN 24
AOR - MAR 2
MEP/IP1 - MAR 9
SILENCE!!!!
IP2 - I don't know or when this came as I stopped checking after a while in order not to hurt myself before the big news came.
PPR 1 - JUN 29
PPR 2 - JUL 4.

Bizarre isn't? I was amazed as well when I woke up to another PPR today. We badly wanted the PPR to come earlier so we could have our baby in Cannyland but in God's supreme knowledge, He's decided now is the time.

We have written to IRCC to have our deadline postponed though, in order to give time to birth and include our baby before leaving as wifey is too advanced right now. We await their feedback.

@Newmum and others waiting, it will come soon by God's grace.

To my fellow PPR choppers, congrats.

All the best to all of us in this endeavor.

Congratulation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Tunba28(m): 1:46am On Jul 05, 2018
Happy for you. Congratulations
Oreo123:
Silent reader alert.

In response to @Tojued..

See timeline below:

ITA - JAN 24
AOR - MAR 2
MEP/IP1 - MAR 9
SILENCE!!!!
IP2 - I don't know or when this came as I stopped checking after a while in order not to hurt myself before the big news came.
PPR 1 - JUN 29
PPR 2 - JUL 4.

Bizarre isn't? I was amazed as well when I woke up to another PPR today. We badly wanted the PPR to come earlier so we could have our baby in Cannyland but in God's supreme knowledge, He's decided now is the time.

We have written to IRCC to have our deadline postponed though, in order to give time to birth and include our baby before leaving as wifey is too advanced right now. We await their feedback.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by neni83: 2:16am On Jul 05, 2018
Its PPR rain! Huge congrats to all PPR recipients @Ethelia,Qsola,Adlib007,@oreo123,@kendulala and ArabianRose on your successful EOR. Wish y'all the best moving forward.
I pray for Gods favour...Go and prosper!!
@wholesomegrace...congrats on your bundle of Joy..
Iyanu ma sele

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 2:19am On Jul 05, 2018
ans123:
@Happytbaby. Pls my wife have 1year unilag diploma and 4-year Bsc. Would this pass for 2 or more degree/cert. Thanks
No it won't. Unilag diploma doesn't qualify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 2:31am On Jul 05, 2018
mcstan18:

NO. A one semester evaluation will not earn you 2 or more certificates when combined with another certificate that's 3 years or more. Only 1 year or more certificate would. I tweeted at them sometime ago, and got a response to that effect.

See someone else's tweet below

Not too sure about this. IRCC doesn't exactly make the decisions about educational credentials. WES does. I'd give this a shot with WES firstly and see what their summary would be.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by o2(f): 2:50am On Jul 05, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by fav444(f): 3:10am On Jul 05, 2018
Finally I am here!!! Congrats to all PPR chopers and those who got their scores upgraded. To all those who shared their testimonies.... Congratulations!!!

Mine is coming soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Vancouver4(f): 3:11am On Jul 05, 2018
Plenty good news here!!! Congratulations my people and wishing you greater success ahead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Pacowo: 3:54am On Jul 05, 2018
Aaaaawwww, these good news gladens the heart.

Congratulations to @Ethelia, @ Qsola, @Adlib007, @kendulala and @Ore123. You all are highly favoured.

I await more good news. Thank you God

To all those who scaled through their IELTS, I say a big congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 3:58am On Jul 05, 2018
cochtrane:

Not too sure about this. IRCC doesn't exactly make the decisions about educational credentials. WES does. I'd give this a shot with WES firstly and see what their summary would be.
The one semester thingy comes from WES or/and other bodies, so once IRCC sees it, they recalculate the CRS score and it is expectedly downward. People should work with what ECA summary has.
Cc kemzyebony
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by mcstan18(m): 5:02am On Jul 05, 2018
cochtrane:

It's a 1 semester evaluation, meaning it has gone through an ECA, and that won't earn one a "2 or more certificates..." status when combined with some other certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by HighBK: 5:56am On Jul 05, 2018
Good morning All,

Kindly advise on how to obtain UK police clearance certificate from Nigeria. How long does the process takes, and what's the cost?

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 05, 2018
Wow! A big congratulation to QSola, Ethelia, Adlib007, kendulala and Oreo123 on your PPR. Congratulation to Arabianrose and others who have crossed one step or the other.

Newmum0615 and mcstan18 we are rooting for you guys. May God meet everyone on this thread at their point need. God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 6:09am On Jul 05, 2018
Congratulations ma. Please can I come and carry the baby? Baby is 'hungrying' me

wholesomegrace:
I just gave birth and I've been mia. Newmum, has the golden mail landed? Please I can't read back for now. Congratulations to Ethelia.

I hope scores are coming down too. Back to peeping mode
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by happytbaby: 6:15am On Jul 05, 2018
Congratulations. Madam will deliver safely by God's grace.

Tojued! Tojued! Tojued! How many times did I call you? Remember how David was annointed in the field or somewhere? It's like your pastorship is near.

Let me go and get ready for work before Lagos traffic will show me pepper this morning.

Oreo123:
Silent reader alert.

In response to @Tojued..

See timeline below:

ITA - JAN 24
AOR - MAR 2
MEP/IP1 - MAR 9
SILENCE!!!!
PPR 1 - JUN 29
PPR 2 - JUL 4.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Elfmannisback:

The one semester thingy comes from WES or/and other bodies, so once IRCC sees it, they recalculate the CRS score and it is expectedly downward. People should work with what ECA summary has.
Cc kemzyebony
Yeah, the summary is what should be of major concern.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by cochtrane(m): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2018
I get PM's about this often and thought to draft something about it. I think this could be quite helpful for many who won't find it easy to openly ask questions in this area.

About Medical Inadmissibility

What is Medical Inadmissibility?
When an applicant is medically inadmissible into Canada, CIC would have found reasonable grounds to deny such applicant entry because his/her medical situation seems likely to either constitute a danger to the health or safety of the Canadian public, or put “excessive demand” on the health or social services provided by the government. This is how it is defined in the Canadian Immigration Act. Like criminal inadmissibility, it puts a question mark on the willingness of the Canadian state to accept such applicant into the country.

What is “excessive demand”?
While health challenges which constitute a risk to public health are quite obvious, those which cause “excessive demand” are not as evident. But the definition is clear: the cost of managing such health situation must stay under a set value. For instance, for a medical situation to not cause excessive demand on public health services in 2017, the cost of administering treatment needed to be not more than $6,655 per year, or $33,375 over five years.

What are the possible medical situations?
There are a range of ailments that could lead to medical inadmissibility, as defined by CIC. Active Pulmonary Tuberculosis and untreated Syphilis are considered as health risk for Canadians. If you have these, chances are you will be denied on the grounds of medical inadmissiblity. Though these are real examples, ailments that lead to medical inadmissibility could be anything, really. All that matters is that the ailment either constitute a danger to public health or cause excessive demand on health infrastructure. This means that relatively mild diseases such as diabetes, sexual or social disorders, or HIV could as well lead to medical inadmissibility. Oftentimes, this follows from how the subtext from the Immigration Act is interpreted by the VO. Its latent abuse has lately led to a review of the conditions that determine medical inadmissibility.

Some of the diseases that have caused issues in the past (based on records I could dig up) include HIV, AIDS, cancer, kidney failure, active tuberculosis, autism, schizophrenia, down's syndrome. The extent to which any of this becomes a concern depends on how well the applicant has managed it so far. A PLWH with a very low viral load, for example, may not suffer refusal based on medical inadmissibility, compared to one with a high viral load. The VO will determine to what extent he feels such persons may put a strain on the public health services. The case of Schizophrenia is because the VO could view the person as constituting a danger to public safety, though this can't be true for every schizophrenic patient. Each case is apparently different. With the new law, however, children with autism or other cognitive disabilities may not be viewed as putting a strain on public infrastructure since IRCC will be taking a class of social services which include special education off the list.

What is the medical process like?
Every applicant is required to undergo a medical examination. The VO would naturally not assess your application until they see a medical examination; except of course they have a ready reason to reject your application outright (say, CRS score manipulation?).
Normally, the physician will not share the success/failure of your medical examination with you. They could provide you with a result, but nothing indicating a pass or fail. The physician will send your completed examination to the appropriate CIC regional medical office where a CIC medical officer will conduct a review and assessment of your files. The results are entered into your GCMS notes. At this stage, it is determined whether your medical situation makes you inadmissible to Canada.
If the VO suspects that you are medically inadmissible, the law mandates him (VO) to issue a Procedural Fairness letter to you, offering you the opportunity to respond to the allegation of medical inadmissibility.

Is the law fair?
Medical inadmissibility used to be a big deal. At the stage where a Procedural Fairness letter is issued to the applicant, most applicants can easily get overwhelmed and are unable to convincingly respond to the issued letter. While some do not realize the need to seek a lawyer’s help, others take the letter as the final indication of their failed application. Some who do respond find that they can’t change the VO’s mind, even if their medical condition is not that serious. I think this caused enough outcry to make Canadian Immigrations extensively modify the medical inadmissibility law recently.
Sometime in April, modifications were made to the law such that the chances of being turned down on the grounds of medical inadmissibility should reduced sufficiently, provided of course the applicant has been adequately taking care of his/her health to start with. The cost associated with excessive demand has been tripled, and some of the public health infrastructure inferred in the law is to no longer include special education, social or vocational rehabilitation services. This means a dyslexic child or one with speech delay, for example, may no longer qualify as putting strain on health services. In summary, the new immigration minister is attempting to make this section of the Immigration Act more humanitarian.

What do I do if I suspect that I may be medically inadmissible?
Firstly, you need to understand the disease you have may not qualify you as medically inadmissible. Most make this mistake. Personally, I have seen cases of applicants with HBP, mild cases of Hepatisis, or a bad eye who feared that they would be denied on this ground. Eventually, these applicants never had problems. So, it is important to not overthink medical inadmissibility.
However, if you do have strong reasons to believe you could be denied, you should understand that the new laws in place are friendlier towards people like you. In some cases, you will be granted your permanent residence but with conditions attached, such as medical surveillance in Canada. In other cases, you will be required to revisit the panel physician. Where you are not required to revisit the physician, there is a good chance the VO is probably favourably considering your application. You should also know that you will almost never wake up to an outright denial in your mailbox. Typically, you will get a Procedural Fairness letter that will provide you with the chance to defend your situation. You can ask the advice of knowledgeable persons or a skilled immigration lawyer on how to act in this case. Make sure to adequately respond to the issued letter and to advise the VO on how you will not cause excessive demand on public health services. In the worst case where you do get a denial, you still have a final card to play. You can appeal your case with the courts in Canada. More often than not, this is turned in your favour. This is squarely because the fine lines of “excessive demand” lend themselves to different interpretations.

As an additional measure, you can also request your GCMS notes after sufficient time so you can pre-inform yourself if a case of medical inadmissibility is in the offing. You should strongly consider doing this, if you suspect that you may be medically inadmissible. This could give you enough time to prepare yourself.

Can anyone be or has anyone been denied based on medical inadmissibility?
Unfortunately, yes! But with the new laws in place, I think it’s likely the rejection percentage will reduce significantly. This is your chance to give it a try.

Procedure of HIV-positive cases

Excessive demand on health services and on social services

Canada revises controversial medical inadmissibility rules for immigrants

@GlitteringStar, could you please put this on the first page? I think some will find this useful.

26 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.