Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 (996307 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (619) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vickyehi: 3:23am On Apr 27, 2018
Kmgb:
@
My question, on my profile where it was asked 'from and To ' dates of the degree,do I write 2006 to 2015? If I do this, I fear that there maybe issues post ITA as my work experience spans that period also. Pls what do u suggest I put as the From and To dates of my MSC. My certificate carries 2015.
Thanks as you graciously respond

I don't think it would be a problem because your work experience starts counting from the completion of your ist degree and not your masters.
You can further include an explanation regarding the overlap in your LOE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by juicebox: 4:09am On Apr 27, 2018
Hi guys! I’m in a bit of a predicament. I’m unable to get a reference from my past employer and I’ve gotten ITA, but I’m thinking of removing that work experience, if I do that my crs score still remains above the cut off score per the last draw. Please should I go ahead and remove it, are there any repercussions? Kindly advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 4:30am On Apr 27, 2018
juicebox:
Hi guys! I’m in a bit of a predicament. I’m unable to get a reference from my past employer and I’ve gotten ITA, but I’m thinking of removing that work experience, if I do that my crs score still remains above the cut off score per the last draw. Please should I go ahead and remove it, are there any repercussions? Kindly advice.

Ofcourse there are repercussions. This is because the system locks in your profile with all you have promised by getting ITA.You are then expected to provide all evidence in that regard.

Solution: reject your ITA, edit profile and receive new ITA given this particular work "experience" has no material impact on your CRS score

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Osaze007: 4:37am On Apr 27, 2018
God I call on you to fast track my Canada visa process. I really want out of this hot mess I’m in

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:52am On Apr 27, 2018
Osaze.... What is the problem this time again. Just relax. Latest in six months, you'll get your PPR.

Osaze007:
God I call on you to fast track my Canada visa process. I really want out of this hot mess I’m in

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 4:56am On Apr 27, 2018
I assume your LLB was evaluated by WES as Bachelor's Degree.
If that is the case, Just send your LLB certificate and transcript to IQAS and get Professional Degree equivalence.

lazienaijayouth:

Hi, So I’m wondering, for the 50 additional points for someone with 2 or more post sec school certificates and a CLB 9 or higher, how can it be claimed by a lawyer who only evaluates his LLB (without the law school transcript)?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 27, 2018
Elfmannisback:

À Draft of N15K and ur trf. They will get u the forms to fill out there.

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kmgb: 5:51am On Apr 27, 2018
vickyehi:

I don't think it would be a problem because your work experience starts counting from the completion of your ist degree and not your masters.
You can further include an explanation regarding the overlap in your LOE.

Thanks for your response, you are right,LOE will do the trick,was just looking for a tidier way. Anyone else with a suggestion will be much appreciated

Cc Newmum0615, happytbaby
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Kmgb: 5:53am On Apr 27, 2018
123abcclown:

Many thanks.

Also get there before noon on a Friday,thats if its the BC in Lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by niobe77(f): 6:26am On Apr 27, 2018
***Dances in with legbegbe and collects mic***

It's PPR!

My timeline
ITA: Dec 20, 2017
AOR: Feb 19, 2018
MP: Mar 4, 2018
IP1: Feb 28
IP2: Mar 1
PPR: Apr 26 (saw ghost update 6hrs before golden mail)
Visa office: Ottawa
No ADR

"Somebody help me shout hallelujah..."
***struggles mic with usher, e remain***

My story
IELTS:
First attempt LSRW 7.5,6.5,7.5,7
Second attempt LSRW 8.5,8,7,7 (less prepared than 1st attempt so result was a miracle)

POF:
60% was in T bills
Used personal account (left out salary account)
Added spouse pension (presented pfa statement and loe from spouse)
Wrote a detailed loe with xchange breakdown in a table

The Wait
Was checking MyCIC everyday! Sometimes twice a day. Got too tired of the suspense then decided to find out my vo 20days after AOR. Emailed Ottawa but got auto response to use web form. Used the form and got no reply, even till now. I then researched here for alternative means and found this post. Called cic and spent 32mins on hold then 2mins to speak with agent who informed me file was at Ottawa, great! 2 days after i order gcms, yet to receive it. Continued my daily check till i saw the ghost update yesterday. Went to bed, woke up midnight to find golden mail grin

***beckons on choir for special number***

My worry
I am expecting my baby in 3 weeks but to submit all pp within 15 days. Do i request for an extension to allow me add my new born or go ahead to send the pp now and raise cse when the baby comes? What is the process for requesting extension? Will have to fast track pp for new born but do i do new born medical upfront?

***turns towards approaching footsteps and gives usher a 'not-dropping-mic-till-i-get-response' look***

Brethren please help

UPDATE:
Raised cse and sent email to Ottawa and Accra.

Finally got a reply from Ottawa saying "Please be advised that your COPRs have been cancelled and your file has been re-opened for further processing. Please provide the required documents within 30 days after the birth of the child."

Required documents
1. Receipt of fee for child
2. Completed forms IMM0008 & IMM5406
3. Child's bc and bio data page
4. Copy of eMedical

A new row was added on mycic to upload ALL docs in 4mb before deadline. Then 2nd ppr will come.

Thank you to all the small and big contributors of this thread from part 1, you made those ppr announcement happen and i hope you share in the joy and excitement with the recipients. The accolades are yours!

***Drops mic, opens arm to hug then remembers usher is a guy and we dey alter gives handshake instead***

***Dances out with Imela Imela, Imela Okaka, Imela Chineke, Imela Oyooma x1000***

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 27, 2018
Kmgb:

Also get there before noon on a Friday,thats if its the BC in Lagos

It's the one in PH, I read on NL just now that they only issue TRF on Wednesdays in PH. I wrote here and I am yet to pick up my TRF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 6:42am On Apr 27, 2018
niobe77:

It's PPR!

My timeline
No ADR

Congrats..Ottawa VO sweet o...see timeline

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Bellniki1: 6:43am On Apr 27, 2018
niobe77:
It's PPR!
***turns towards approaching footsteps and gives usher a 'not-dropping-mic-till-i-get-response' look***

Brethren please help
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by DboyizGood(m): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Yes. According to IRCC, to get points for "two or more certificates", one of the certificates should be a three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections below (source). The "sections below" refers to:

1. Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute or
2. Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute or
3. One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

To claim points under number three, the ECA assessment results include:

College Certificate
Completion of College-level certificate
University Certificate
University Diploma
One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year certificate
Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year certificate

Therefore, you are good to go if the ECA summary is "College Certificate" or "Completion of College-level certificate".

Thanks for your very explanatory inputs.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by vocalprince(m): 6:46am On Apr 27, 2018
Good morning my people, I am about to send my credentials for evaluation with WES, but I got another option to do my masters program in Norway. My humble question is,
Should I proceed with the evaluation of my BSc or put it on hold so I can do all together after the masters program.
thanks as I anticipate your responses.
Bless You all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Inception12: 6:48am On Apr 27, 2018
Hehe...everything is locked and loaded...only waiting for the next draw. Time to start scanning my documents. Thanks for the encouragement

Emmasonic4me:

I can see you're prepared to get AOR the next day after ITA. Even same day AOR with ITA is possible and has been achieved by someone in the past.

Good luck bro.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by QSola: 6:55am On Apr 27, 2018
[quote author=niobe77 post=67065623]***Dances in with legbegbe and collects mic***

It's PPR!

My timeline
No ADR
]

Congrats. I think its best to raise a CSE now

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 27, 2018
vocalprince:
Good morning my people, I am about to send my credentials for evaluation with WES, but I got another option to do my masters program in Norway. My humble question is,
Should I proceed with the evaluation of my BSc or put it on hold so I can do all together after the masters program.
thanks as I anticipate your responses.
Bless You all.
Omo. Na u go décide.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by niobe77(f): 6:59am On Apr 27, 2018
luffyhaki:

Congrats..Ottawa VO sweet o...see timeline

Trust me it felt like a yr with everyday checking smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 27, 2018
Onedimple:

Hi maam, please I am trying to locate where or how to upload documents in application. Many thanks.
Chai
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by niobe77(f): 7:01am On Apr 27, 2018
[quote author=QSola post=67066075][/quote]
The baby never land o, thats in 3 weeks time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 27, 2018
Inception12:
Am seated at 471...Just waiting for the next draw

Go do medicals and pcc joor.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 7:03am On Apr 27, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Go do medicals and pcc joor.

grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ploff: 7:05am On Apr 27, 2018
i just got WES HST money!!! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 27, 2018
luffyhaki:

Ofcourse there are repercussions. This is because the system locks in your profile with all you have promised by getting ITA.You are then expected to provide all evidence in that regard.

Solution: reject your ITA, edit profile and receive new ITA given this particular work "experience" has no material impact on your CRS score
Fake news.. Op knows the way.. Still dey ask us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 27, 2018
luffyhaki:

You can't do Medicals without ITA..Or you mean book appointment for Medicals?
Guy, u can. Read the threads.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by luffyhaki: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Guy, u can. Read the threads.

Okay Sir..How your French lessons dey go?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 27, 2018
luffyhaki:

Okay Sir..How your French lessons dey go?
Cool.. It is self-taught, u know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 7:16am On Apr 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin. Una no go kill person for this thread. Na real WES money.

ploff:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 27, 2018
ploff:
Great effort. Operation get ur cash back no matter the amount.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2018
ysteph:
grin grin grin grin grin grin. Una no go kill person for this thread. Na real WES money.

Yes nao.. E be like when soldiers are expecting cash. U hear Abdulsalami money, Nigerian govt..Abacha loot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by ysteph: 7:27am On Apr 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Elfmannisback:

Yes nao.. E be like when soldiers are expecting cash. U hear Abdulsalami money, Nigerian govt..Abacha loot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (619)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.