Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Aliexpress Or Jumia Global - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Aliexpress Or Jumia Global (5275 Views)

Can't Pay On Aliexpress Or Paypal With Card / Aliexpress Or Wish / Stay Away From Jumia, Or At Least Jumia Global. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by jetz(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2018
so am torn between ordering the xiaomi redmi 5 from aliexpress or using jumia global services dunno which one will be fast enough as e dy hot peeps with xperience make una yarn me biko gracias...
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by iSpread(m): 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
jetz:
so am torn between ordering the xiaomi redmi 5 from aliexpress or using jumia global services dunno which one will be fast enough as e dy hot peeps with xperience make una yarn me biko gracias...
Ask yourself which one will be easier to return if faulty.

8 Likes

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Gentlevin: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2018
Better buy from Jumia. It will take 2 to 3weeks to reach u but safety of the phone will be guaranteed.......

You can buy other stuffs on aliexpress, cos I too buy from there but when it comes to phone, and considering the price, it can get lost on the way or some thieves at the post office will steal it .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by OVA200(m): 7:53am On Apr 26, 2018
Please everyone how much is the exchange rate of our banks now if one wants to order from Aliexpress.
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Cassie74: 8:52am On Apr 26, 2018
OVA200:
Please everyone how much is the exchange rate of our banks now if one wants to order from Aliexpress.

I think from 363 onwards
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Cassie74: 8:53am On Apr 26, 2018
Gentlevin:
Better buy from Jumia. It will take 2 to 3weeks to reach u but safety of the phone will be guaranteed.......

You can buy other stuffs on aliexpress, cos I too buy from there but when it comes to phone, and considering the price, it can get lost on the way or some thieves at the post office will steal it .

If you don't get your item/s AliExpress will always refund you

2 Likes

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Cassie74: 9:03am On Apr 26, 2018
jetz:

Why don't you buy from people that have in stock.. u can get it the same day depending on where they stay... go to Xiaomi thread... Look for macbeyland or ifedith... they may have in stock.. or if you want express 5-7 day, Noobody and Co. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Gentlevin: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2018
Cassie74:

If you don't get your item/s AliExpress will always refund you
it is not always. Sometimes u are fortunate to win a dispute and sometimes u are unable to win. It depends on the seller u are disputing with if he is a scam seller or genuine one.

4 Likes

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Gentlevin: 10:28am On Apr 26, 2018
OVA200:
its 367 to 370 but it still depends on the bank. ...

Like when I used my fidelity naira visa card last week, they charged me @375. I guess Gtb would have been around 370 b/cos theirs is usually better.
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by jetz(m): 10:53am On Apr 26, 2018
Cassie74:

Why don't you buy from people that have in stock.. u can get it the same day depending on where they stay... go to Xiaomi thread... Look for macbeyland or ifedith... they may have in stock.. or if you want express 5-7 day, Noobody and Co. Cheers
i stay in minna niger state quite far from them i guess
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by jetz(m): 10:54am On Apr 26, 2018
iSpread:

Ask yourself which one will be easier to return if faulty.
that shud be jumia
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Ifedith(m): 11:10am On Apr 26, 2018
jetz:
Talk to me... I'll get for you.
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Ifedith(m): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2018
jetz:
Distance no be problem. 07031080287
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Cassie74: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2018
jetz:

I think he uses Ems to send... It gets to you the next day
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Cassie74: 11:21am On Apr 26, 2018
Cassie74:

I think he uses ems to send... It gets to you the next day
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Cassie74: 11:25am On Apr 26, 2018
Gentlevin:
it is not always. Sometimes u are fortunate to win a dispute and sometimes u are unable to win. It depends on the seller u are disputing with if he is a scam seller or genuine one.

All the items I paid for that I didn't receive... I got refund from AliExpress.. all. I even had to send back money twice after receiving the refund and items

6 Likes

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by odysey: 11:50am On Apr 26, 2018
jetz:
that shud be jumia
only within 7days else oyo
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by GrandMufti: 4:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
Gentlevin:

Gentlevin:

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Kennyflyair: 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
Gentlevin:
some thieves at the post office will steal it .
This statement makes me afraid of ordering phone from aliexpress. I too buy stuff from aliexpress but I've never really heard of this stealing stuff in post offices. I think I'll change my mind about buying phones from there
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by sanandreas(m): 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2018
Jetz buy from jumia if it is xiaomi. DHL delivered my package to MX within 24 hours. I was shocked.
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by jetz(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
sanandreas:
Jetz buy from jumia if it is xiaomi. DHL delivered my package to MX within 24 hours. I was shocked.
thanks
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Palmerbarry: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
I shop on Jumia but Aliexpress is better...
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Dacronym(m): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Dacronym(m): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
Gentlevin:
its 367 to 370 but it still depends on the bank. ...

Like when I used my fidelity naira visa card last week, they charged me @375. I guess Gtb would have been around 370 b/cos theirs is usually better.
The GTB you used was it visa or mastercard?
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Ifedith(m): 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
If it's jumia lvl, count on me.
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Trendy247: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
Does aliexpress deliver items to all parts of Nigeria?
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Gptech(m): 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
jetz:
Apart from the the speed advantage of Jumia Express, you can't compare both, Aliexpress is far better. The advantages are huge! In jumia, you can only return after 7 days, in Aliexpress you have at least 15 days to open dispute after confirming you have received an item. Talking about speed, it's possible and I have got a phone for just 9 days from the time of ordering. With AliExpress, you can tell seller to flash a particular rom for you before shipping with Jumia, sometimes you don't even know what rom you are getting (whether Chinese, Global or Shop), until you receive it. With Aliexpress, you mostly have the option to buy the phone along with necessary accessories from same seller, so you don't have to start running here and there to get one. With AliExpress you have more flexibility with choosing your favourite colours and variant of a particular model. With Aliexpress, you have more opportunity to learn about a seller and product because of a more comprehensive user review. For those complaining about lost item they most likely used China Small Packet Plus for shipping, that's an untracked method of shipping (cheaper tiko dey purge sometimes). Well, for the records, you are almost 100% of winning a dispute in such cases, have never lost any with those guys. The list goes on.

7 Likes

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Gptech(m): 10:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
Trendy247:
Does aliexpress deliver items to all parts of Nigeria?
As long as there is a Post Office around, so yes, they do.
Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by jetz(m): 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
Gptech:
Apart from the the speed advantage of Jumia Express, you can't compare both, Aliexpress is far better. The advantages are huge! In jumia, you can only return after 7 days, in Aliexpress you have at least 15 days to open dispute after confirming you have received an item. Talking about speed, it's possible and I have got a phone for just 9 days from the time of ordering. With AliExpress, you can tell seller to flash a particular rom for you before shipping with Jumia, sometimes you don't even know what rom you are getting (whether Chinese, Global or Shop), until you receive it. With Aliexpress, you mostly have the option to buy the phone along with necessary accessories from same seller, so you don't have to start running here and there to get one. With AliExpress you have more flexibility with choosing your favourite colours and variant of a particular model. With Aliexpress, you have more opportunity to learn about a seller and product because of a more comprehensive user review. For those complaining about lost item they most likely used China Small Packet Plus for shipping, that's an untracked method of shipping (cheaper tiko dey purge sometimes). Well, for the records, you are almost 100% of winning a dispute in such cases, have never lost any with those guys. The list goes on.
tis ur write up wont go invain me placing d order thru aliexpress gracias wud use dhl shipping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by Gptech(m): 11:06pm On Apr 26, 2018
jetz:
tis ur write up wont go invain me placing d order thru aliexpress gracias wud use dhl shipping
Abeg nr use DHL oooo, instead buy front resellers here, make you nr go use 20k clear phone from Customs, then also tip NDLEA, some persons don experience the bitter tale.

2 Likes

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by jetz(m): 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
Gptech:

Abeg nr use DHL oooo, instead buy front resellers here, make you nr go use 20k clear phone from Customs, then also tip NDLEA, some persons don experience the bitter tale.
yeah so i ve heard

1 Like

Re: Aliexpress Or Jumia Global by sanandreas(m): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2018
jetz:
yeah so i ve heard
Buy from a seller on jumia global.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To See Photos Using Facebook Free Mode / Airtel Unveils Unlimited Data Plans / Gsm Ergonomology -free Online Gsm Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.