Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed (17386 Views)

Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed / Men Storm Makurdi With 20 Coffins, Fear Grips Benue Residents / Hausa Victims After Clash With Benue Residents In Makurdi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by deebrownneymar: 9:57am On Apr 26, 2018
Finally Benue people are doing the needful. They must deal with all the hausas. Maybe PMB will finally act.
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by 9jaArea: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

These people... these Benue communities...
thumbs up
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by macaphan007(m): 10:19am On Apr 26, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
It is easy to say go and get your PVC...Blah Blah Blah....How are we going to get to 2019 with this ceaseless blood flow?...I sounded this warning earlier that this ritualistic Jihadic killings in the middle belt most especially in Benue is NEVER going to stop as long you have that demon as president!!

In APC you have a gang of flesh eating and blood drinking barbarians which Dr. Olukoya foretold of trying to come to power years back!!

1.It was because of anti-grazing law
2.It was ethnic clash
3.It was because of blocking cattle route
4.It is cause by climate change
5.They are Libyan militias trained by Gaddifi(to come and ethic cleanse middle belt precise shocked shocked)
6.And then finally politicians are the cause....

^^^All listed above is nothing but an inglorious taqiyya as taught by that satanic book...Dont be decieved people!!

The first six month without cabinet was used to plan all this!!...What Omar Al Bashir did with the Jan.Jaweed to decimate South Sudan is what the Cabal led by Babagana Kingibe and the new NIA boss Ahmed Abubakar imported to Nigeria from their diplomatic stay in Sudan!!

NIGERIANS you have no president!!!..But a remote controlled demon....Impeach him NOW before the cabals railroad this country to another civil war!!
You just nailed it,Nigerians don't know the truth about what led to the split of South Sudan from Sudan,people it was Herdsmen and farmers clashes the same thing is happening here in Nigeria,Nigerians are educated but not enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by ankpaone: 10:23am On Apr 26, 2018
ja2ken:
Very good.. An eye for an eye in this case is allowed, no one has has the monopoly of violence... More of this.. This is the only language these barbarians understand..
so those they killed were the killers of benue farmers? think of a better response dear!

1 Like

Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Trustworthiness: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Impeach Buhari now and save Nigeria

Impeachinh PMB will not solve the mess people like you have created. Enough of unnecessary hatred.

The Benue state government and her people are playing to the gallery and schemes of the evil and corrupt Nigerians who have been feeding on Nigerian commonwealth and still want corruption to continue. The Benue people must stop playing the cards the enemy of this country want them to play. Because, they make money from this kind of game they always play. It was played during Jonathan's regime. Now they are playing the same card but the people of Benue playing the cards they want them to play ignorantly.
It is not only Benue herdsmen having killing innocent farmers. Why is Benue own is so frequent. The reason is not far fetched. The governor and his people are playing to the gallery; the schemes of the evil people.
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by delivryboy: 10:28am On Apr 26, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
The Benue State government has confirmed eleven people killed in a fresh crisis that rocked the state capital, Makurdi.

Rilwanu Adamu, the adviser to the Benue governor Samuel Ortom on Islamic affairs, said the attack happened in the state capital, Makurdi, and that it was targeted at ethnic Hausa traders.

“We lost 11 of our people…. We have five people also hospitalised in Makurdi,” he said, warning that the death toll could yet rise.

Two mosques were razed to the ground and traders’ goods ransacked, said Adamu.

The latest deaths came in the wake of an attack on a church in the Mbalom community south of Makurdi on Tuesday, which left 16 worshippers and two Roman Catholic priests dead.

Riots broke out in Makurdi on Wednesday following the deaths, forcing police to fire teargas to disperse the crowd.

Adamu said in addition to Makurdi, a number of other people lost their lives elsewhere in the state.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/04/25/11-killed-hausa-benue-residents-clash-makurdi/

This is where I fault journalism in this country. Hausas have been killed and it is reported as a "clash" the reprisal/ revenge will be called a terror attack. The people are not helping matters. We people dying as negotiable depending on who is dying and who is doing the killing.
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:35am On Apr 26, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
When we were fighting to liberate all of these jackals, Benue people lined up in droves to join the Nigerian army against Biafra. In fact, on the way back from the north, it was Benue people that would stop the car and start slaughtering innocent people before the civil war. Today they're realizing what it means to be in the north.
BeeBeeOoh:
I used to feel for them, but since I read what they did to Igbo's, how they slaughtered Igbo's. How they killed pregnant women, how they opened their womb and separated the foetus from the mother, how they killed children and men that escaped the north trying to enter the East through Benue and throw them inside River Benue during Biafran war, that day I stopped feeling anything for them.

We Don't Need To Revenge, We Are Sitting Back To Watch. Those Who Hurt Us Will Eventually Screw Up Themselves; Thank God We Are Alive Today And Will Continue To Be Alive To Watch That Happen.
Bethel4Life:
thank u my brother..our watch word is to sit and look..since they like and want this zoo of a country, let them enjoy it la

My father was a 16-year-old in Onitsha when the civil war started and was an adult hustling to survive in deprivation and hunger in his village in Oraukwu by the time it was over and he saw the worst of the war. And even he is not as bitter as you cretins. There are all kinds of prominent e-battles on Nairaland: Igbo-Yoruba (the main one), Igbo-Hausa/Fulani (the second main one), Igbo-Middle Belters, Igbo-Niger Deltans etc, but it seems the common refrain is "Igbo" and that should disturb you. Is there any group you are at peace with? Why would you choose articles like these that to gloat over things that occurred decades ago? As far as I'm aware, we share a kinship and closely forged histories with a number of groups in Benue and there are even many indigenous Igbo communities in Benue. Why would you gloat in their misery? I'm not sure why many of you here are seemingly addicted to attracting hate and resentment. It's like a mental illness. Benue shares long borders with Enugu and Ebonyi and if this menace is not checked now, it would be the turn of our kin tomorrow and your foolish internet chest-beating is not what would protect village farmers in Nsukka or Ugbodo or Ezillo from being killed by roving herdsmen butchers. Again, I'd like to understand why you are so addicted to being the object of hate - why?

4 Likes

Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Skepticus: 10:47am On Apr 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

My father was a 16-year-old in Onitsha when the civil war started and was an adult hustling to survive in deprivation and hunger in his village in Oraukwu by the time it was over and he saw the worst of the war. And even he is not as bitter as you cretins. There are all kinds of prominent e-battles on Nairaland: Igbo-Yoruba (the main one), Igbo-Hausa/Fulani (the second main one), Igbo-Middle Belters, Igbo-Niger Deltans etc, but it seems the common refrain is "Igbo" and that should disturb you. Is there any group you are at peace with? Why would you choose articles like these that to gloat over things that occurred decades ago? As far as I'm aware, we share a kinship and closely forged histories with a number of groups in Benue and there are even many indigenous Igbo communities in Benue. Why would you gloat in their misery? I'm not sure why many of you here are seemingly addicted to attracting hate and resentment. It's like a mental illness. Benue shares long borders with Enugu and Ebonyi and if this menace is not checked now, it would be the turn of our kin tomorrow and your foolish internet chest-beating is not what would protect village farmers in Nsukka or Ugbodo or Ezillo from being killed by roving herdsmen butchers. Again, I'd like to understand why you are so addicted to being the object of hate - why?

Best comment, bro!

I'm glad someone had to call this idio.ts out.

My blood froze reading those comments and I now understand the reason why we would be constantly ruled by evil men.

Those who fought and witnessed the horrors of the civil war on both sides, are not as vengeful as these young clueless Nigerians.

Even, if there was no civil war, bitter ethnic rivalry and divisions would still make some people gloat over the misfortunes of others

1 Like

Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by SalamRushdie: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2018
Trustworthiness:

Impeachinh PMB will not solve the mess people like you have created. Enough of unnecessary hatred.

The Benue state government and her people are playing to the gallery and schemes of the evil and corrupt Nigerians who have been feeding on Nigerian commonwealth and still want corruption to continue. The Benue people must stop playing the cards the enemy of this country want them to play. Because, they make money from this kind of game they always play. It was played during Jonathan's regime. Now they are playing the same card but the people of Benue playing the cards they want them to play ignorantly.
It is not only Benue herdsmen having killing innocent farmers. Why is Benue own is so frequent. The reason is not far fetched. The governor and his people are playing to the gallery; the schemes of the evil people.

So it's Benue people that entered Buhari head and told him not to engage the herdsmen but instead provide govtvsupport for them grin grin you are very funny
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:19am On Apr 26, 2018
Skepticus:

Best comment, bro!

I'm glad someone had to call this idio.ts out.

My blood froze reading those comments and I now understand the reason why we would be constantly ruled by evil men.

Those who fought and witnessed the horrors of the civil war on both sides, are not as vengeful as these young clueless Nigerians.

Even, if there was no civil war, bitter ethnic rivalry and divisions would still make some people gloat over the misfortunes of others

Of course, for any decent human being, it's blood curdling. I understand the inherited trauma from what Igbos suffered just before and during the civil war and the decades of post-civil war struggle through marginalization and exclusion, but that is no reason to become a psychopath who cheers the mass murder of other groups because you still harbour civil war grudges. It's utterly disgusting. angry
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2018
Vince77:
The problem is that Nigerians are too divided to kick out this president. There is no need to wait for 2019 because by then more people would have died.

There should be a protest for the Impeachment of the president. A very serious protest.

Now my friend I guess you see what you may have been unwilling to see.

I have always maintained that the level of distrust in Nigeria will not allow it see any good. Shouting ONE Nigeria only blinds us to the reality on ground. This present Nigeria is not workable. We're only kicking the ball along the field. Sooner or later we will reach the goal line. No more field to play. Either we score or its a goal kick. The pitch is finite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Achadu76: 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
Bethel4Life:
thank u my brother..our watch word is to sit and look..since they like and want this zoo of a country, let them enjoy it la

The game is not over yet.
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Abagworo(m): 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2018
deebrownneymar:
Finally Benue people are doing the needful. They must deal with all the hausas. Maybe PMB will finally act.

Those still celebrating the unfortunate incident in Benue were those who misled them in the first place. Power players don't love you and will adopt every strategy possible to gain power including creating wars that lead to deaths of thousands. Whoever advised the Benue people to attack and kill Hausas or burn Mosques is an enemy of Benue and wants the people annihilated. Hausas are not herdsmen and herdsmen are not Muslims. Adding religion to a land dispute means it has assumed a worse situation.

1 Like

Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Will link you up, just exercise a little patience

I dey wait...

I'm a history buff. The gorier the better.
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by deebrownneymar: 1:27pm On Apr 26, 2018
Abagworo:

Those still celebrating the unfortunate incident in Benue were those who misled them in the first place. Power players don't love you and will adopt every strategy possible to gain power including creating wars that lead to deaths of thousands. Whoever advised the Benue people to attack and kill Hausas or burn Mosques is an enemy of Benue and wants the people annihilated. Hausas are not herdsmen and herdsmen are not Muslims. Adding religion to a land dispute means it has assumed a worse situation.

It has nothing to do with religion. No one really wants bloodshed but maybe that is what is required to provoke the govt to act. Are you satisfied with the lack of concern shown by the useless govt? Don't remember how this evil govt indirectly supported the herdsmen and blame Benue for the killings. This useless wicked evil and sick old hag called PMB was quick to proscribe IPOB as terrorist but has repeatedly refused to label herdsmen terrorists even after they gave massacred hundreds of people.
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by rainylad(f): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
shallysgirl:
And how many of you are left in Benue? You think this is the time of Dan fodio? Keep living in the past.
Your case is the same in a negative way.
What ever you sow you reap.
Benue people that eat all eatable,both rat o, frog o, insect o....
Is it not long throat (usa) of cow meat that caused your people to sellout to fulanis.
Well you people should fight your battles, we all have our battles.
Like commented above, do you remember when your ancestors opened the wombs of pregnant igbo women running for safety?
Well it's playing out today.

That dude is most likely a yoruba person with serious cone-shaped skull...It is their stock-in-trade to impersonate others like resyless demons to start a fight with Igbos.

..Apart from Omenka whose ethnicity is still in question,most Benuenites on Nairaland are not as senseless as that dude

Please be wise
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by ja2ken(m): 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2018
ankpaone:
so those they killed were the killers of benue farmers? think of a better response dear!

Which other response na?? Innocent pple are dying every day like chickens and the so called security forces headed by some islamic fundamentalists are not doing anything.. They should keep sending similar messages that's the only way everyone ll be serious...
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by Ofodirinwa: 3:03pm On Apr 26, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

we're the ones that will acknowledge the kinship. Never them. Always us. Kanu said parts of benue is Biafra. They laughed. Let them enjoy their zoo. I'm a Biafran, this is a foreign affair.

Did you know that 99% of the fights we have with these people start with Igbos challenging the norths wickedness and the rest of these slaves assembling like voltron against us. Weren't Yoruba and benue people just telling us that we were unsophisticated for tribal for nt supporting the detriblized sophisticated buhari?
Re: Hausa And Benue Residents Clash In Makurdi, 11 Killed by wisdomdc: 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
I rebuke you in Jesus name. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Shared Cars & Left Me Out - Herbalist Who Organised Kidnap Of Philanthropist / Togolese Baby Factory Operator Arrested In Lagos, 3 Kids Recovered (Photo) / Reps Reject Motion To Allow Citizens Carry Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.