Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X (4849 Views)

The Best Affordable Smartphones That Have Great Battery Life / Infinix Smartphones That Will Make “Davido's Concert” More Brighter, Better / Check Out The Best 11 Smartphones That Were Released In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2018
When it comes to copying Apple designs, Samsung literally wrote the book on doing that, however the authors of the book are yet to copy the iPhone X although I heard they already have plans to do that.

However their humble students have already done the job of cloning the iPhone X. Android phone makers have been copying Apple for so long now that they don’t even pretend to have any shame anymore.

Although I'm an Android Fan I keep asking people this question - would you ever see Apple release a smartphone with curved edges exactly like Samsung’s Galaxy S phones? No, of course not.

Apple takes a couple features from Android phones as well, but it’s not exactly the same thing. In some cases Apple might steal a feature here and there, Android device makers just steal key elements of Apple’s hardware design and its flagship software features. Android vendors have also decided to steal Apple’s iPhone X design, and it’s so shameless that it's quite embarrassing. Among the culprits are Huawei, Asus, Sharp, and even LG

[img]http://2.bp..com/-n911eGWVekY/Wt84Nwx77BI/AAAAAAAAMFE/4DeI5Q7KADQVJV2wrtKD5ViwrvkBwYL-wCLcBGAs/s1600/5aa76a49N49352e86.jpg[/img]

You’ll notice that there are 23 phones in total pictured in the image, but I only mentioned 20 iPhone X copycats. The second phone pictured in the graphic is the iPhone X itself. The Essential PH1 is also pictured, but it has a very different type of notch and it was also unveiled before the iPhone X. Then there’s the Wiko Wave 2, which copies the Essential notch rather than Apple’s iPhone X notch.
What’s left is 20 embarrassing, Android-powered iPhone rip-offs from companies large and small. � �.. We need some Innovations puh-lease.. Enough with the copying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:35am On Apr 26, 2018
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by hisgrace090: 6:40am On Apr 26, 2018
Apple is working others are copying.

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by nNEOo(m): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2018
Op who are the ''we''

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by HeWrites(m): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2018
I'll still chose those phones over iPhone
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:59am On Apr 26, 2018
HeWrites:
I'll still chose those phones over iPhone

The phones are actually okay though I don't really like the fact that they had to steal a hardware design from Apple
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by HeWrites(m): 7:02am On Apr 26, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

The phones are actually okay though I don't really like the fact that they had to steal a hardware design from Apple

It's not Ok though
Maybe they can't think of better designs by themselves grin

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Gpik79: 7:07am On Apr 26, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
When it comes to copying Apple designs, Samsung literally wrote the book on doing that, however the authors of the book are yet to copy the iPhone X although I heard they already have plans to do that.

However their humble students have already done the job of cloning the iPhone X. Android phone makers have been copying Apple for so long now that they don’t even pretend to have any shame anymore.

Although I'm an Android Fan I keep asking people this question - would you ever see Apple release a smartphone with curved edges exactly like Samsung’s Galaxy S phones? No, of course not.

Apple takes a couple features from Android phones as well, but it’s not exactly the same thing. In some cases Apple might steal a feature here and there, Android device makers just steal key elements of Apple’s hardware design and its flagship software features. Android vendors have also decided to steal Apple’s iPhone X design, and it’s so shameless that it's quite embarrassing. Among the culprits are Huawei, Asus, Sharp, and even LG

[img]http://2.bp..com/-n911eGWVekY/Wt84Nwx77BI/AAAAAAAAMFE/4DeI5Q7KADQVJV2wrtKD5ViwrvkBwYL-wCLcBGAs/s1600/5aa76a49N49352e86.jpg[/img]

You’ll notice that there are 23 phones in total pictured in the image, but I only mentioned 20 iPhone X copycats. The second phone pictured in the graphic is the iPhone X itself. The Essential PH1 is also pictured, but it has a very different type of notch and it was also unveiled before the iPhone X. Then there’s the Wiko Wave 2, which copies the Essential notch rather than Apple’s iPhone X notch.
What’s left is 20 embarrassing, Android-powered iPhone rip-offs from companies large and small. � �.. We need some Innovations puh-lease.. Enough with the copying.
Samsung is the Author of copying iPhones?? Give an Example

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:08am On Apr 26, 2018
HeWrites:

It's not Ok though
Maybe they can't think of better designs by themselves grin

Lol. Combining designs won't be bad for a start. They could take the iPhone X design and combine it with the Galaxy S9's design.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2018
Gpik79:

Samsung is the Author of copying iPhones?? Give an Example

Samsung mostly takes a cue from Apple Software and Apple does the same to them. It does not necessarily have to be a hardware design issue. So it's usually about the two brands competing against each other

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 26, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Especially those Chinese phones, it's like they wait for apple to release their phones and they follow trend. Apple remived the headphone jack and now everyone is removing the headphone jack. Apple added the notch and everyone is doing same. Apple phones don't have app drawer and lots of Android phones now come with launchers without app drawer. Apple named their phone iPhone x and lots of OEM are now adding x to the name of their phones. If apple decides to remove speakers from their phone lots of these oems will follow. I still give it to Samsung for keeping it real. Still have the headphone jack (at least for now), no notch (for now).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:22am On Apr 26, 2018
greenhulk:

Especially those Chinese phones, it's like they wait for apple to release their phones and they follow trend. Apple remived the headphone jack and now everyone is removing the headphone jack. Apple added the notch and everyone is doing same. Apple phones don't have app drawer and lots of Android phones now come with launchers without app drawer. Apple named their phone iPhone x and lots of OEM are now adding x to the name of their phones. If apple decides to remove speakers from their phone lots of these oems will follow. I still give it to Samsung for keeping it real. Still have the headphone jack (at least for now), no notch (for now).

I hope the headphone jack stays around for a while. I think Chinese brands simply want users to have an affordable version of Apple's device on a different OS.
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by EarthXmetahuman: 9:02am On Apr 26, 2018
Chinese phone manufacturers copy all flagship phones.. This is not a big deal.

There are hundreds Chinese brands copying Samsung s9 etc.

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by MarkWayne89: 9:44am On Apr 26, 2018
I think the Huwei P20 is the only real competitor for iPhone. That device is quite great!
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 26, 2018
MarkWayne89:
I think the Huwei P20 is the only real competitor for iPhone. That device is quite great!
damn the p20 pro is a killer. The processor may not be as fast as apple processor, but u want even notice unless you run heavy apps or benchmark, on a day to day use nothing at all. But the phones camera beats anyother camera out there. I was surprised when I watched a review on YouTube, this guy has 1.5m subscribers.and in the video he said he has dumped his apple x for the huawei p20 pro. Camera is just the bomb, water resistant. Infact I've been saving money to be the first to make a review on nairaland. Damn!! Except the 4k which is a flop. But it will be fixed

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by nelsonebby(m): 11:55am On Apr 26, 2018
Funny enough the iPhone X display is not that good.
Same quality as Samsung galaxy s4
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by henry007(m): 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
But essential phone concept and phone was released before the iPhone X idea was made public.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by samsard(m): 8:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
nelsonebby:
Funny enough the iPhone X display is not that good.
Same quality as Samsung galaxy s4
Reviews actually say that it's great (maybe you saw a clone). Apple just had to calibrate the display to look less saturated
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by nelsonebby(m): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2018
samsard:
Reviews actually say that it's great (maybe you saw a clone). Apple just had to calibrate the display to look less saturated
My girl is using the phone so I know what I’m talking about.
I just prefer to continue using my iPhone 7 Plus with S8 Edge. cool
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
nelsonebby:

My girl is using the phone so I know what I’m talking about.
I just prefer to continue using my iPhone 7 Plus with S8 Edge. cool

Lol, u got to be kidding if u think iPhone 7 display is better than iPhone X. Though not better than galaxy s8 display because Samsung keeps the best oled display for their phones but iPhone x has one of the best displays.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Mrsnake1: 9:13am On Apr 27, 2018
am sorry to break the news to iPhone lovers most of these phones where actually released before "iPhone x" that why u see some feature in it like iPhone x, so therefore who is actually coping who?

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Decale: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, u got to be kidding if u think iPhone 7 display is better than iPhone X. Though not better than galaxy s8 display because Samsung keeps the best oled display for their phones but iPhone x has one of the best displays.

IPhone X has the best display on any phone...

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Ricindob(m): 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ogbeni get your facts straight before coming here to talk wafus.. Xiaomi Mi Mix, the first smartphone to get the all display touchscreen came out nov 2016.. Iphone X came a year later.. Samsung galaxy S8 also came out 8 months b4 Iphone X's release.. So who's copying who.. Apple as a matter of fact got the screen for iPhone X from Samsung so the were actually a little late to the game undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mrsnake1:
am sorry to break the news to iPhone lovers most of these phones where actually released before "iPhone x" that why u see some feature in it like iPhone x, so therefore who is actually coping who?

When u say 'most of these phones' u have to be specific. As far as I know only the essential phone was released before the iPhone x and it has a funny notch. And these phone makers have already seen the leaks of the iPhone x before rushing to release their phones. If apple didn't add the notch on the iPhone x trust me most of these phones will not add it. Apple added their notch because of the sensors at the top used for face Id, so how do u explain all these phones with notch without face id sensor? They could have just left a tiny cut out for the front facing camera like the essential phone.

It's the same thing with removal of headphone jack. Apple is not the first to do this but there was already news that iPhone 7 will not have a headphone jack so Motorola rushed to beat them to it with the Moto z. But if Apple did not remove the headphone jack a lot of these Android OEM's that are removing the jack would still have it by now.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ricindob:
Ogbeni get your facts straight before coming here to talk wafus.. Xiaomi Mi Mix, the first smartphone to get the all display touchscreen came out nov 2016.. Iphone X came a year later.. Samsung galaxy S8 also came out 8 months b4 Iphone X's release.. So who's copying who.. Apple as a matter of fact got the screen for iPhone X from Samsung so the were actually a little late to the game undecided undecided

Xiaomi mi mix 2 has a notch? U don't seem to understand the op. Xiaomi mi mix 2 has edge to edge display from both sides and the top, but left a big bezel at the bottom where the front facing camera is housed.

Below is the picture of Xioami Mi mix, so how is this an all display touchscreen abi u no see the bezel below? And how did Apple copy this one, does it have a notch?

2 Likes

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
Decale:

IPhone X has the best display on any phone...

Are you a learner?

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Decale: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
lowkey28:

Are you a learner?

Sorry, I am

Which phone has the best display, oh prof?
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
Decale:

Sorry, I am

The Samsung galaxy s9plus. okay

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
Decale:

Sorry, I am

Samsung galaxy S9 has the best smartphone display on the market. Though iPhone X is not far behind. Samsung have been making the best display for years now but we are now getting to the point of diminishing return when other OEM's have stepped up and u can't really see much difference between a Samsung display and other flagships
Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by foxvilles: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
Why do people just like spewing wrong info like this? angry
iPhone X design is being copiėd?

You even added the phone that iPhone X copied among the list of phones that copied iPhone X? cheesy cheesy

The Essential Phone started the notch trend but it only got popular with the iPhone X

iPhone X copied the Essential Phone when it comes to the notch design.

Get your facts right please and stop disseminating false news. undecided

1 Like

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
foxvilles:
Why do people just like spewing wrong info like this? angry
iPhone X design is being copiėd?

You even added the phone that iPhone X copied among the list of phones that copied iPhone X? cheesy cheesy

The Essential Phone started the notch trend but it only got popular with the iPhone X

iPhone X copied the Essential Phone when it comes to the notch design.

Get your facts right please and stop disseminating false news. undecided

How did Apple copy the Essential phone when leaks of the iPhone X with the notch has already surfaced online before the essential phone was released. Moreover having the notch is inevitable if u want to have edge to edge display. Essential phone did it first, Apple made it popular, but they didn't copy essential phone. I don't even have any problem with oem's copying each other so far its for the better product. But iPhone x notch is big because the space for the notch is where the sensors for face id are located. Other Oem's that add notch just decide to make it look like the iphone x even when they don't have any face id sensors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out 20 Android Smartphones That Copied The Iphone X by Decale: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
greenhulk:

Samsung galaxy S9 has the best smartphone display on the market. Though iPhone X is not far behind. Samsung have been making the best display for years now but we are now getting to the point of diminishing return when other OEM's have stepped up and u can't really see much difference between a Samsung display and other flagships

The reason I quoted you was where you said indirectly s8 display was better than the iPhone x which isn't so. In fact, all iPhones from the 6 have the most accurate colors on any phone until s9 showed up

Sure, s9 has the indistinguishable better screen, but that's only in Photo Mode, which most faithfuls don't use...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Camon 11 Vs Tecno Camon 11 Pro, Full Specifications & Price!!! / Android Tablets Ruuning Low On Internal Memory / To Charge The Infinix Note 4 Pro's Xpen, Did You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.