Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:07 PM

Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party (5394 Views)

Cars, Auto Dealers & $ Dollar - Naira Exchange Rate: How Are You Coping? / What Was Your Experience Like Buying A Car From The Nairaland Auto Section / Nairaland Auto-dealers Task-force Team Are The Real Deal For Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by banky3w(m): 12:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
chccho:

Oga stop speaking English and respond to the allegations levelled against u.
U are trying to form a standard and become a man of high integrity on this thread, how can people even build trust with u if u cant answer to these allegations?
Reading your presumption sir.... You are very daft and I'm not sorry to say it tongue. That aside, i think the rift between valarinz and Cosplay runs deeper than you can ever imagine. So keep your nose out of it except if valarinz is your brother/cohort.
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by valarinz: 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2018
banky3w:

Since 6th of March? I thought you guys settled your differences long ago Bro. I don't understand why you keep doing this.

I fail to see where the "settling" took place oo, if someone disrespect your family and father in that manner, all cos it's safe from where he's typing behind his keyboard then I assume you won't just let it die away with time except there's a reasonable form of remorse or apology shown.

Yes, I can't beat him up from my screen but I'll always make it known to all concerned his real motives while pretending to be holy. I can't speak for other monikers but with this guy I assure you, based on his manners, it's not about the protection of car buyers, it's just pure malice.

Other sellers can hide and get scared cos they don't want to ruin their Nl sales, but I won't. These type of people need to be cautioned to behave themselves, my dad is not a Nler and neither are any member of my family , so I wonder why they have to be disrespected for the entertainment of others and for fun here on NL

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by aninweze(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
chccho:

I dont understand how this can be possible? How can u come with your own mechanic from your unknown location to inspect a vehicle with a seller that u havent met b4 and in the short time of vehicle inspection the mechanic is cajoled Bear in mind that the potential buyer must have already made proper arrangements with his mechanic so why will he wanna shoot himself in the foot? Except of course the mechanic is just a quack.

Quoting timifakay: "professionals in handling mechanics". Its a dark art, which only experienced dealers can practice.
Or is dere a mechanic here who hasnt experienced an attempt to be handled, who "came from an unknown location to inspect a vehicle with a seller that he hasnt met b4"?
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by chccho(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
banky3w:

Reading your presumption sir.... You are very daft and I'm not sorry to say it tongue. That aside, i think the rift between valarinz and Cosplay runs deeper than you can ever imagine. So keep your nose out of it except if valarinz is your brother/cohort.

cosplay must be your shag mate
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by aninweze(m): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
banky3w:

Both should practice espirit de corps. Lol.

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by valarinz: 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
Cosplay:
I have come across a number of adverts with the VIN displayed and running the VIN revealed a salvage history Of some sort and I simply moved on because the damage was either minimal or the seller even indicated it was damaged but repaired.

I have also done the exact opposite. On a number of threads with the VIN displayed the vehicles turned out to be either flooded or so significantly damaged or a history of odometer rollback.

Son I returned to the thread and made my findings be known.

As far as I'm concerned any seller that chooses not to know the history of the vehicles he/she advertises deserves whatever Ill luck befalls them as a result of their ignorance, whether the VIN is displayed or not.

Do your due diligence, fully disclose and provide the VIN and let the buyers do their own due diligence and make their informed decisions.

Are you seriously using yourself as a standard for good judgement on when and when not to comment on others thread. You really believe your hype as saint?

Can u also explain when it also becomes necessary to insult people's family, and when it's not necessary. Since you're now the standard for all good things on NL

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by valarinz: 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
aninweze:

Quoting timifakay: "professionals in handling mechanics". Its a dark art, which only experienced dealers can practice.
Or is dere a mechanic here who hasnt experienced an attempt to be handled, who "came from an unknown location to inspect a vehicle with a seller that he hasnt met b4"?

There's also another angle to it, those roadside kazeems also allow u buy wack cars cos they know you'll soon become a constant visitor to their workshop as a result. I'm not holding sway for dealers but In most cases, the quality of mechanic you bring determines what u get. Always look for those who value their name and recommendations more than the little change they can get for the moment.
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Alvin007: 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
Cosplay
As much as I thought sanitizing the auto dealership industry on nairaland was your main motive..I think I was wrong..it isn’t a rule here yet and what we are trying to achieve is for the best interest of a potential buyer. But, your choice of words is confusing. You keep using ..seller ‘must’..believe me, I know you’re fighting a good course..but there are rules and there are morals. ‘Must’ is for rules. What we are doing is to enlighten prospective buyers...kindly, use ‘can’ instead..until what you’re suggesting becomes a nairaland rule.
Ps: I admire your CIA skills...I’m not just a username..

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by 9icetoo(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Jethrolite:
I didn't say VIN should be hidden from an actual buyer but third party who has no money or interest in the car but needs the VIN simply because they think they are entitled to it. Take your mechanic for inspection, that is the best option.
when you post a car online for sale, you are posting to all parties; 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on.
when u deliberately post an accident or salvaged car as clean title and deliberately refuse to or intentionally withhold the VIN, then that is fraudulent.
post all info except those which may give away the personal info of someone else such as registration number.
this your third party argument doesn't hold water.
thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by 9icetoo(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
Alvin007:
I think the problem here isn’t about posting the vin or not...it is about the condemning comments posted, after some ‘non-intending’ buyers with access to vin reports post, after cross checking the vin reports. If a seller includes a vin number to a vehicle for sale, even if you have full access to vin checks, must you come back to say the vehicle has a ‘salvaged title’?
Why not leave that to a personal convo with the seller(provided you’re a serious buyer).
I believe the seller has been fair enough to have posted the vin. Comments regarding the vin history shouldn’t be posted on the same thread where the car is being advertised.
And for a potential buyer..he can ask a professional for a vin history of the car..if he is interested.
Why do we make things hard for ourselves?
yes you can come out and say the vehicle has a salvaged title. do you realise people might convey an entire generation in that car? if a result of the previous mishap or accident the car has been involved in, the said car has another accident that wipes out an entire family, do you still think it is unreasonable to call such a seller out?
declare a vehicle as is and let the buyers decide if they want to live with the risks or not.
una dey here dey play kalo kalo with peoples lives just to make a few hundred thousands. nawao. it should even be mandatory to post vins in the auto section else the post is taken down. I don't know why the mods haven't seen to it that this is implemented.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Alvin007: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2018
9icetoo:

yes you can come out and say the vehicle has a salvaged title. do you realise people might convey an entire generation in that car? if a result of the previous mishap or accident the car has been involved in, the said car has another accident that wipes out an entire family, do you still think it is unreasonable to call such a seller out?
declare a vehicle as is and let the buyers decide if they want to live with the risks or not.
una dey here dey play kalo kalo with peoples lives just to make a few hundred thousands. nawao. it should even be mandatory to post vins in the auto section else the post is taken down. I don't know why the mods haven't seen to it that this is implemented.

The ‘kalo kalo’ part got me. cheesy
Bros..I rest my case...until it becomes a law/rule here.
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Jethrolite(m): 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
9icetoo:

when you post a car online for sale, you are posting to all parties; 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on.
when u deliberately post an accident or salvaged car as clean title and deliberately refuse to or intentionally withhold the VIN, then that is fraudulent.
post all info except those which may give away the personal info of someone else such as registration number.
this your third party argument doesn't hold water.
thanks.
Fraudulent according to your law? Most of you just come here to waste the precious time of busy people.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by 9icetoo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
Jethrolite:
Fraudulent according to your law? Most of you just come here to waste the precious time of busy people.
I can see how "busy" you are.
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
Alvin007:
Cosplay
As much as I thought sanitizing the auto dealership industry on nairaland was your main motive..I think I was wrong..it isn’t a rule here yet and what we are trying to achieve is for the best interest of a potential buyer. But, your choice of words is confusing. You keep using ..seller ‘must’..believe me, I know you’re fighting a good course..but there are rules and there are morals. ‘Must’ is for rules. What we are doing to is enlighten prospective buyers...kindly, use ‘can’ instead..until what you’re suggesting becomes a nairaland rule.
Ps: I admire your CIA skills...I’m not just a username..

You're entitled to your opinions, however unfortunate they may be. I don't really consider people like you as interested in making this section safer for buyers and sellers.

So it's alright for you to have your opinions, but I'm sure you'll understand when I kindly decline your admiration and your approval or lack thereof.

It simply makes no difference what you think or approve of. Not to me, and not to other people interested in making the Autos Section better.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Alvin007: 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
Cosplay:

You're entitled to your opinions, however unfortunate they may be. I don't really consider people like you as interested in making this section safer for buyers and sellers.

So it's alright for you to have your opinions, but I'm sure you'll understand when I kindly decline your admiration and your approval or lack thereof.

It simply makes no difference what you think or approve of. Not to me, and not to other people interested in making the Autos Section better.

You need to work on the way you talk...it’s ok to have an ego..but pride comes before a fall..who has your consideration helped? I’m not a car dealer so please...it’s sad people these days don’t take it lightly with people whose opinions differ from theirs. And yes..I say it again..I admire your investigative measures here...I don’t care whether it’s accepted or declined. #saynotopride. Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
Alvin007:

You need to work on the way you talk...it’s ok to have an ego..but pride comes before a fall..who has your consideration helped? I’m not a car dealer so please...it’s sad people these days don’t take it lightly with people whose opinions differ from theirs. And yes..I say it again..I admire your investigative measures here...I don’t care whether it’s accepted or declined. #saynotopride. Cheers!

Pride? Fall? cheesy grin

How exactly can one fall when one is nowhere to begin with? Don't you have to have something to lose to be proud?

What would you opine I have to lose?
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Alvin007: 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
Cosplay:

Pride? Fall? cheesy grin

How exactly can one fall when one is nowhere to begin with? Don't you have to have something to lose to be proud?

What would you opine I have to lose?

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
grin cheesy

That's alright.
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by EagleScribes: 5:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
Thread is D.O.A what you don't understand is, once the question "pls post Vin" is asked and you ignore, you advert online is already almost dead.

I have come across Accidented and Flooded cars on autos, but the seller was brave enough to post vin and not call the intended sale a clean title or misrepresent.

This is 2018, buyers are smarter now, so they will run background checks before they part with their money.

instead of fighting the new movement, go with the new trend and be as transparent as possible.

I don't have a car lot, but I sell more cars offline than on nairaland, simply because of trust.

Build that customer confidence, your life will change for the better.

For those of you that want to stick to the old way of doing things, well the Internet never forgets, people will notice a trend, and you will loose more sales.

Enough said

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by banky3w(m): 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
valarinz:

I fail to see where the "settling" took place oo, if someone disrespect your family and father in that manner, all cos it's safe from where he's typing behind his keyboard then I assume you won't just let it die away with time except there's a reasonable form of remorse or apology shown.

Yes, I can't beat him up from my screen but I'll always make it known to all concerned his real motives while pretending to be holy. I can't speak for other monikers but with this guy I assure you, based on his manners, it's not about the protection of car buyers, it's just pure malice.

Other sellers can hide and get scared cos they don't want to ruin their Nl sales, but I won't. These type of people need to be cautioned to behave themselves, my dad is not a Nler and neither are any member of my family , so I wonder why they have to be disrespected for the entertainment of others and for fun here on NL

W
H
A
T
E
V
E
R
Rocks your boat bro.
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Kjnwancaro: 2:08am On Apr 28, 2018
We all read foreign market forums for cars and we see how it is done, no one has had to force those folks for a full disclosure before they start listing things like rust and accident history so why does it have to be different here? The subject here shouldn’t be wether cosplay is polite, we are suppose to deal with the matter and leave cosplay to work on himself if he wishes. The challenges we are facing in auto section is fraudulent dealers and if not for all the aggressive revelations we wouldn’t have come this far. This certainly can not go down well with all but it Is an eye opener for the starters. A newbie might think all is well because a car is advertised with vin, what they actually need is FULL DISCLOSURE and that is what cosplay doing. Check all the thread with full disclosure, he promotes them.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by rikaboy85: 6:25am On Apr 28, 2018
cosplay check your mail.. you have a message waiting.. pls treat as urgent
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by henrinco(m): 7:13am On Apr 28, 2018
Alot of comments here shows people with criminal tendencies. Including the OP and likes... Don't be surprise they are teaming up to frustrate transparency.
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by DelTel(m): 9:21am On Apr 28, 2018
Hmmmmmm, bushmeat is already chasing the hunter.

A simple request for VIN on all car post & some people want the heaven to fall, how do you sanitize & bring credibility to the NL auto section without VIN availability.

NL can just close the auto section if sellers ain't willing to provide full disclosure on ad.

Commonsense is not common, Lazy (& dubious) youth.
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by diportivo: 11:35am On Apr 28, 2018
which kind thread be this

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by EagleScribes: 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
henrinco:
Alot of comments here shows people with criminal tendencies. Including the OP and likes... Don't be surprise they are teaming up to frustrate transparency.

Don't mind them. And they will be the ones to shout corruption up and down against the government, or shout racism if oyinbo people block us from so many things

Change begins with me. Change begins with me
Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Tadeus(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
Jethrolite:
I didn't say VIN should be hidden from an actual buyer but third party who has no money or interest in the car but needs the VIN simply because they think they are entitled to it. Take your mechanic for inspection, that is the best option.

I agree with you. People are entitle to their opinion. No stress. When you see a serious buyer, you will know and when you see a jobless person, with their comments, you will know. Learn to overlook some people’ comment on nairaland. My 14yrs old cousin is active member of nairaland. If you intend replying everyone here, you wil eventually find out you chatting with teenage or idle person.

If someone posted car for sale, it’s your duty or right as potential buyer to ask for the car details personally. What’s is wrong if a buyer call or WhatsApp d seller and asked for the VIN?

80% of cars in nigeria is salvage, do you findings and come back to argue with me. But we have cars that are minor or major. Even in USA, they drive salvage cars too but fixed, some re-built. But it’s advisable to check the Vin as a potential buyer to know the worth of what you buying.

I posted a Camry 2009 on Nairaland for sale few months ago, I was attacked by some people that the car is flooded. Some even starts cursing their generation. I wanted to respond buh when I remembered that it’s faceless forum and I might be responding to a teenage, I ignored them. Eventually, I sold the car, after two weeks the buyer called me to confess to me that he was one of those people that condemn the car on nairaland and apologized. He has been enjoying the car. Oga you know yourself..lols. It’s nice doing biz with you though but that car pass the 2.5m wey you buy am . My joy is that you r enjoying the car. More bigger cars in your garage soon by God’ grace

We in buhari era. We understand the frustration and the economy. Some people are even enjoying mtn free MB. Learn how to ignore some comments and use your time to do tangible and profitable things. My opinion

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
It's easy to try to present yourself as the better person.

You're not, sorry to break the news to you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4364862/toks-2009-toyota-camry-sale

You flat out lied about the vehicle. Not just hid information. Lied. Then when you were discovered you resorted to insults.

Please visit the thread above and make your conclusions.

It's easy to claim all sorts of things and that a Flooded Vehicle is so wonderful 2 months or 2 weeks of usage.

Flood damage is insidious. If you don't know that, you need a new professional endeavour.

You insinuated that a lot of users here are teens. It's your limited reasoning that has led you to think that teens do not possess the faculties for rational thought.

This is a rather silly argument and demonstrates just the sort of reasoning you have. Because a flood title vehicle which you lied about and tried to hide information about seemed to be in great condition soon after being sold, then that excuses the deplorable and dishonest behaviour you exhibited on that thread?

Wrong Sir.

The ends do not justify the means.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by jodecibmw: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2018
What is this one saying...
It's like you have no idea what this fight for transparency and awareness is all about for..
If ever you had a good name previously, this your opinion has just painted you in another light.
Why is it that 'PLEASE POST CARS FOR SALE WITH FULL DISCLOSURE' as requested and canvassed for a big problem for people.
A wise, honest and responsible dealer/seller will do justice to his advert by even including before and after pics, if salvaged, repairs made and car title and, that person would attract the most traffic to his advert while selling off faster and consistently provided he/she keeps to the desired and preferred method of car advertisement.

Tadeus:

I agree with you. People are entitle to their opinion. No stress. When you see a serious buyer, you will know and when you see a jobless person, with their comments, you will know. Learn to overlook some people’ comment on nairaland. My 14yrs old cousin is active member of nairaland. If you intend replying everyone here, you wil eventually find out you chatting with teenage or idle person.

If someone posted car for sale, it’s your duty or right as potential buyer to ask for the car details personally. What’s is wrong if a buyer call or WhatsApp d seller and asked for the VIN?

80% of cars in nigeria is salvage, do you findings and come back to argue with me. But we have cars that are minor or major. Even in USA, they drive salvage cars too but fixed, some re-built. But it’s advisable to check the Vin as a potential buyer to know the worth of what you buying.

I posted a Camry 2009 on Nairaland for sale few months ago, I was attacked by some people that the car is flooded. Some even starts cursing their generation. I wanted to respond buh when I remembered that it’s faceless forum and I might be responding to a teenage, I ignored them. Eventually, I sold the car, after two weeks the buyer called me to confess to me that he was one of those people that condemn the car on nairaland and apologized. He has been enjoying the car. Oga you know yourself..lols. It’s nice doing biz with you though but that car pass the 2.5m wey you buy am . My joy is that you r enjoying the car. More bigger cars in your garage soon by God’ grace

We in buhari era. We understand the frustration and the economy. Some people are even enjoying mtn free MB. Learn how to ignore some comments and use your time to do tangible and profitable things. My opinion

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by Cosplay: 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
This is simple. Visit the thread alluded to and examine the facts of the matter.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by DelTel(m): 2:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
Nigerians & double standard!

You don't want transparency because its your line of biz.

How would you feel if you (or any of your loved ones) enter a phone shop, buys a phone and gets home to see he/she bought NokIA instead of Nokia, or 1phone instead of iPhone. Or if u buy an expired drugs that has been revalidated.

I fear for peoples' gut to create & comment to support the Op.

The question is "can you sell/give such cars to your loved ones to drive?".

To support non-posting of VIN is supporting fraud.

Mind you, it is not compulsory to post vehicle on NL.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Auto Dealers(brokers) Stop Posting Vin To Third Party by dcole73: 2:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
Kudos to ElshaAutos.

He gave before and after pics of a vehicle he had for grabs.
Nothing hidden.
That surely attracted various interested buyers coz vehicle got sold before I had the time for a physical inspection.

Integrity and honesty

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2011/2012 Land Rover HSE LR4 Foreign Used N7million / 2005 Honda Accord For Sale[snowwhite] / Matters Arising: Lanre Shittu Motors"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.