Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Bricklayer Murdered In Benin Over 2 Bags Of Cement - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bricklayer Murdered In Benin Over 2 Bags Of Cement (452 Views)

Man Wins N100,000 For Carrying 50kg Bags Of Cement With His Teeth (Photos) / Over 2 And 2.5 / Man Carries 3 Bags Of Cement, One With His Teeth (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bricklayer Murdered In Benin Over 2 Bags Of Cement by brightonline: 10:12am On Apr 26, 2018
Benin City – A bricklayer has been shot to death over two bags of cement in Benin City, sending shock waves through the community.

The victim, identified as Onorode Uteh, 37, from Delta State was allegedly killed by a relative of the cement seller, whose store is located at 29, Okhoromi-Egbiri road Benin City at about 6:pm on Friday April 20, 2018.

The two bags of cement worth N5, 300.00 were among six bags of the product earlier paid
for by his employer, but were not supplied along with others to the work site by the seller on that fateful day.

The late Onorode Uteh and his employer, Mr. Uyiosa Uhunmwango first went to the cement shop to enquire why the six bags earlier paid for were not supplied completely, but when they got there the store was already closed for the day.

As a result, they decided to go to the cement seller’s residence, popularly known as ‘White house,’ located at Okhoromi Community, Ward 2 Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State for the same purpose and to make arrangements for the remaining two bags to be picked up the following morning by the bricklayer.

According to Uhumwangho, a graduate of Auchi Polytechnic in Edo State, who witnessed the alleged murder by one Collins, now on the run, trouble started immediately they entered the compound.

Collins was said to have accused him of opening the gate without knocking and a mere argument ensued between them. Following the argument, Collins reportedly locked the gate with padlock, preventing them from going out and subsequently raced back to the house where he allegedly pulled out a double barrel gun.

“He pointed the gun at me, I heard a shot. The bricklayer that was standing beside me shouted and held his chest as he went down slowly. I saw blood gushing out, Collins brought out another cartridge from his pocket and continued threatening to kill me as he worked me out of the compound,” Uhunmwangho narrated.

Alltimepost.com was informed that the alleged killer is a relative of the cement business owner, said to be based in Canada.

The cement depot was deserted when our reporter visited today (Wednesday) April 25, 2018.

Uncle of the deceased, Mr. Clarke Oghevobo called on the police, Edo State government and relevant security agencies to ensure justice is served in the brutal murder.

Confirming the incidence, the Public Relations Officer for Edo Police Command, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor said the suspect was on the run as police had commenced investigation.

He said that the corpse of the victim had been deposited in a mortuary in the state capital.

[b]Benin City – A bricklayer has been shot to death over two bags of cement in Benin City, sending shock waves through the community.

The victim, identified as Onorode Uteh, 37, from Delta State was allegedly killed by a relative of the cement seller, whose store is located at 29, Okhoromi-Egbiri road Benin City at about 6:pm on Friday April 20, 2018.

The two bags of cement worth N5, 300.00 were among six bags of the product earlier paid
for by his employer, but were not supplied along with others to the work site by the seller on that fateful day.

The late Onorode Uteh and his employer, Mr. Uyiosa Uhunmwango first went to the cement shop to enquire why the six bags earlier paid for were not supplied completely, but when they got there the store was already closed for the day.

As a result, they decided to go to the cement seller’s residence, popularly known as ‘White house,’ located at Okhoromi Community, Ward 2 Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State for the same purpose and to make arrangements for the remaining two bags to be picked up the following morning by the bricklayer.

According to Uhumwangho, a graduate of Auchi Polytechnic in Edo State, who witnessed the alleged murder by one Collins, now on the run, trouble started immediately they entered the compound.

Collins was said to have accused him of opening the gate without knocking and a mere argument ensued between them. Following the argument, Collins reportedly locked the gate with padlock, preventing them from going out and subsequently raced back to the house where he allegedly pulled out a double barrel gun.

“He pointed the gun at me, I heard a shot. The bricklayer that was standing beside me shouted and held his chest as he went down slowly. I saw blood gushing out, Collins brought out another cartridge from his pocket and continued threatening to kill me as he worked me out of the compound,” Uhunmwangho narrated.

Alltimepost.com was informed that the alleged killer is a relative of the cement business owner, said to be based in Canada.

The cement depot was deserted when our reporter visited today (Wednesday) April 25, 2018.

Uncle of the deceased, Mr. Clarke Oghevobo called on the police, Edo State government and relevant security agencies to ensure justice is served in the brutal murder.

Confirming the incidence, the Public Relations Officer for Edo Police Command, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor said the suspect was on the run as police had commenced investigation.

He said that the corpse of the victim had been deposited in a mortuary in the state capital.

[/b]Benin City – A bricklayer has been shot to death over two bags of cement in Benin City, sending shock waves through the community.

Re: Bricklayer Murdered In Benin Over 2 Bags Of Cement by collinometricx: 10:12am On Apr 26, 2018
ECO88
Re: Bricklayer Murdered In Benin Over 2 Bags Of Cement by blackpanthar: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2018
In SPARTAN VOICE This is MADNESS.... THIS IS BENIN CITY

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi , For Cutting My Bet / Why Not Empower Yourself Today For Free In Ikeja / See My Before & Now Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.