Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed (26901 Views)

Govs Who Have Paid April Salary As At Today 24/04/2020 / Why Enugu Airport Project Will Be Delayed – Buhari / Christmas: Ebonyi Civil Servants Smile Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Islie: 10:37am On Apr 26, 2018
......... as FAAC rejects NNPC revenue figures again

by Oluseyi Awojulugbe

Payment of April salary to civil servants may be delayed as the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) has for the second month in a row rejected the revenue figures presented by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

In March, the FAAC meeting had ended in a deadlock because of a shortfall of N37.7 billion in NNPC remittances until Kemi Adeosun, minister of finance, intervened.

Yunusa Mahmoud, chairman, Finance Commissioners Forum, who confirmed the postponement on Wednesday, said the situation had resulted in a meeting of governors and top officials of the NNPC.

“We have some challenges, the figures we have gotten is far below what we expected to be remitted by NNPC. As it is now, there is a meeting between the governors and the top management of NNPC at the state house,” he told journalists.

“I believe this is a very high-level deliberation and something good will come out of it. Before now, you did not hear such news, but because this government is a government of change, some level of transparency is expected.

“When you pick your figures and you submit your figures, the person that is supposed to look at it and deliberate on it will ask questions if need be.”

However, Mahmoud did not describe the situation as insincerity on the part of the NNPC, saying it could be an error.

“I don’t want to use the word insincerity. What happened could be an error. If one party is wrong, the other party is right; if you add it together at the end of the day you make progress,” he said.

“The last FAAC meeting was postponed twice and at the end of the day, we made progress. In the spirit of Easter, we held a meeting, because we were looking at the plight of the workers that were supposed to receive their salaries as and when due, but based on the submission we have now, some states will not pay salaries now.”

While addressing journalists in Washington DC on Sunday, Adeosun had said the government will demand a high level of transparency from state-owned enterprises like the NNPC because the country cannot afford to lose money.

https://www.thecable.ng/civil-servants-april-salary-may-delayed-faac-rejects-nnpc-revenue-figures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 26, 2018
Stop justifying this government's failures with lies. There is no transparency anywhere. The same thing happened around this period last year. Workers in Nigeria were not paid before May 1, 2017 as was the case during GEJ tenure. There is unimaginable corrupt practices going on in NNPC right now. I hope this government will be able to pay workers' salaries by the end of the year.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Firefire(m): 10:59am On Apr 26, 2018
Failed gonment!

17 Likes

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by menix(m): 11:19am On Apr 26, 2018
Got my Feb. Salary on March 12, March salary on April 6th, now they re talking of another wickedness..
Thunder that will fire all this people just left Benue state....

35 Likes

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Omoluabi16(m): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2018
menix:
Got my Feb. Salary on March 12, March salary on April 6th, now they re talking of another wickedness..
Thunder that will fire all this people just left Benue state....
lol. Na naija we dey now. Is it unexpected?

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by three: 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Israeltolani(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
Issokay
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by visijo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
Abeg o I am not understanding.. Na NNPC de control civil service money?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by itiswellandwell: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hmmmmm. Wey children just resumed school and most civil servants will need cash. It's well ooo.

Check my signature for your quality customised Atm card flash drive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
undecided

This government has failed in every imaginable way

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Alameer(m): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
God punish people who delayed our salaries...
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by ebuk4real(m): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
When enough haven't been set aside for 2019 election?

Stolen I meant...
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by felix000000(m): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
change dole.
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by gurunlocker: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
NNPC will remain the most corrupt org in the country, too much freedom with no transparency.

That's why I imagine someone heading it in 1984-85 and said he isn't corrupt.
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Viking007(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
Wahala don start.
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
grin

OP! OP! OP!

HOW MANY TIMES I CALL YOU?

GO CHANGE DAT TOPIC TO FEDERAL CIVIL SERVANTS BEFORE OSUN, KOGI AND OTHER STATE CIVIL SERVANTS GO SWEAR FOR YOU O.

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by maryjan8(f): 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
This is serious
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
Yeeeeh.....Hope this doesn't affect serving corp members? shocked
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by dadebayo1(m): 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
grin... Change..

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by oshe11: 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
Dino Melaye Deserves some ACCOLADES.....

He paid His DUES......

He campaigned for Buhari......

And He VOTED TOO.....

HE deserves some ACCOLADES......

WORLD WIDE.......

WORLD WIDE........

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Divay22(f): 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
He don red o angry
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Bernardinho4(m): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nawa ooh!
After I have budgeted on how to run down my next month.
God pass them
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by BolajiApata: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
It is a lie. FCT Civil Servants started receiving April salary alert yesterday. STOP SPREADING LIES, PLEASE

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
It is well.
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by SBG04: 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
kaorama:
Stop justifying this government's failures with lies. There is no transparency anywhere. The same thing happened around this period last year. Workers in Nigeria were not paid before May 1, 2017 as was the case during GEJ tenure. There is unimaginable corrupt practices going on in NNPC right now. I hope this government will be able to pay workers' salaries by the end of the year.
You're a bloody, shameless liar! At the twilight of the GEJ era, the FG could not pay salaries for more than 2 months. Same with the states. In this case no worker is being owed a dime. This is an error with reconciling figures because everybody wants to be accountable and they know a new sheriff is in town. Nobody wants to be invited by the EFCC. That is the change we voted for. Stop this your useless pro jonathan propaganda. If you love Jonathan so much, go and join his wife's legal team and help her fight all the corruption cases against her and her husband.

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by mysteriousman(m): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
I pray its not true

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Abbeyme: 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
Not in my State

Not in Lagos State
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by Lukgaf(m): 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
Thanks
teesugar:
shame you mean?
in some develop countries, no yekinni will stop your salary 25th. it is a shame on my country
Re: Civil Servants’ April Salary May Be Delayed by alatbaba1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2018
haaaa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Celebrates Her Sister, Oludamilola's Wedding With Family Photo / Rivers: Men In Military Uniforms Holding Our Officials – INEC / Sanwo-Olu Ladies Practicing Their New Songs And Dance Steps Ahead Of May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.