Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,162 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria (43375 Views)

Edo Assembly impeach Deputy Speaker Idiaye, Elect Asoro As Replacement / Anyim: Why We Wanted To Impeach Obasanjo — Former Senate President / Plot To Impeach Gov Ambode Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Koolking(m): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
surgical:
oga as it stands today, buhari can. be Impeached without much difficulty, he has played into the hands of mass only that they may not want to do it. lesson, no matter your position humility pays there is always tomorrow, and don't lose your head to sycophants and praise singers, now his fate lies in the hand of the cjn his cabal did not want him to appoint and the bass he so much lothed ,despised ,harassed, and undermined as if he has all the powers in a democracy

I laugh when I read things like this. Impeaching a president is a complex process in Nigeria, when the president has the majority supporters in the parliament and Justice department as well. With the way PDP has been battered by the current authority, it's near impossible to use impeachment to remove Buhari. Think of something else. Welcome to Politics in Nigeria
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by gr8tone: 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
The surest possible way to impeach the president is not through this unrealistic approaches but with our PVC in 2019. See you there!!!
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Yankee101: 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
Too long
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by ashjay001(m): 3:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
madridguy:
IMPOSSIBLE.

Guy, I shed tears for wailers! Another door, shut in their faces!gringringrin
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by ashjay001(m): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
madridguy:
IMPOSSIBLE.

They haven't learn, not to take stuff, personal!
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by shankara7: 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
lecowas:

See according to what I learnt from what the op posted, the following are extremely crucial to scale through the impeachment process:
1)the NASS must have at least 2/3 of the members
2)they must rely on the report of the panel constituted by the CJN

As it stands:
Nass can't get that number
a)because the Hausa NASS members will not want osinbanjo(a Yoruba) to be president
b) the executive will threaten the stubborn ones among them with efcc because they all have skeleton in their cupboard
c)APC governors are 24 and they wield enormous power on their national assembly representatives(that's if they want to use it.

2)the CJN as it stands is an ally of the President and will therefore constitute a panel that favors him. Once that's done, the NASS are toothless bulldogs
Situations like this, is one of the reasons many Nigerians swore never to step a foot into Nigeria again.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by spartan117(m): 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

Lol, but it's true.

Does Buhari and his cohorts look like a bunch on any hurry to leave the Villa soon. Does his meaningless #BodyLanguage resemble one who would graciously concede defeat on the interest of peace, progress, the coming generations and the man in the street? Like GEJ for example?!

You can't talk an incumbent like PMB out of office. The fact that APC drummed a lot of support for PMB riding on GEJ's purported ineptitude and clever social media hate speech doesn't mean we are ready to see the same now because their is now focal point, no cohesion and strategic governing mind to this present movement.

The energy is there, yes, but I doubt this anti-PMB movers will do a little bit more than denting his armor come 2019.
I don't think Buhari and by extension the cabal running his government are stupid or clueless as many people percieve. I think they have a hand in the hardship in the country they are very evil that is why they must be removed, and it's very much possible especially if the masses get behind the National Assembly

1 Like

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by semyman: 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Forget this write up, looters and wailers can only wish could be possible. Death wish never came to past neither is any impeachment wish. In fact, 2019 is for consolidation and the final burial of any hope of looters coming near our common wealth. Kapish
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by smalls001: 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
spartan117:
Buhari your time is up you have been rejected

Wake up!!!!
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by somehow: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Welcome To Naija...

But let's sack Buhari in 2019 And bring Senator Ahmed Makarfi to power

Welcome to Nigeria where PDP turned to a jungle between 1999 and 2015

And please stop parading one of the spoilers of this country. if we must change the current president, it must be with someone not even in the system. anyone within the system before will surely fall inline as usual.

1 Like

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by lecowas: 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
shankara7:
Situations like this, is one of the reasons many Nigerians swore never to step a foot into Nigeria again.

Yes o, if I have the opportunity to leave , I may have grey hairs before I remember "there was a country" called Nigeria.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by madridguy(m): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
grin grin grin

ashjay001:

1 Like

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by spartan117(m): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
semyman:
Forget this write up, looters and wailers can only wish could be possible. Death wish never came to past neither is any impeachment wish. In fact, 2019 is for consolidation and the final burial of any hope of looters coming near our common wealth. Kapish
You don receive alert?

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2018
To everyone on this thread supporting our president

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by dheilaw1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
spartan117:
Buhari your time is up you have been rejected
so with all the explanations given up there, your empty skull still can't comprehend that buhari can not be impeached? you are a waste to those who sponsored you in school
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Maroghene(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
spartan117:

Who told you that the chief justice is an ally of the President?
Have you forgotten this
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/lawyer-sues-fg-refusal-confirm-onnoghen-cjn/

The CJN has PDP roots. His nomination to the supreme court was aided by Godswill Akpabio and in the past, he has sent gifts to Akpabio. This been said, impeaching the President is possible if and only if we as youths decides to go the streets and protest massively, with this we can get the attention of the world and also that of the national assembly. And if u feel PMB will lose through the ballot in 2019, just save urself the stress cos GEJ only left cos he was considerate on the wasted life's but we all know PMB, he doesn't care if we all die.

1 Like

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by spartan117(m): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
dheilaw1:
so with all the explanations given up there, your empty skull still can't comprehend that buhari can not be impeached? you are a waste to those who sponsored you in school
Didn't you notice that I'm the one that made the original post and highlighted all those points

The title I gave to the thread is "12 steps to impeach the President of the federal Republic of Nigeria"
Anyone who isn't illiterate should be able to comprehend that if guidelines have been laid down to achieve an outcome it means achieving that outcome is actually possible if you follow the guide.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but I doubt the systemic synchronization of your mental faculties is functioning properly undecided
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Moradeyoolayemi: 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
The office of the president of Nigeria is so powerful, I don't think a sitting Nigerian president can be impeached, the process is so long & so many details & days are involved.
TonyeBarcanista:
Seriously it is easier for Satan to turn a new leaf than for a sitting Nigeria President to be impeached even if ALL members of the National Assembly consent to it.

He can frustrate the move by nominating his boys to the CJN as members of the 7 man panel, who in turn will give him a clean bill of health (this is what Almakura did in 2014). All he had to do is to show him his corrupt file and he'll fall inline.

If the CJN is uncooperative, he can simply send EFCC/Police/DSS after him and "suspend" him from office while a new acting CJN will be given the responsibility. The suspended CJN will be battling in court...

Alternatively, if he is a mean President, all he had to do is to sponsor thugs to the National Assembly complex to cause trouble and will use the excuse to shut down the complex in order to restore law and order even before sitting commence.

A second alternative is to sponsor series of court cases to get some kangaroo injunctions against the National Assembly and that will be it.

Welcome To Naija...

Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by ProYouAdminsUK: 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
I am shocked at how straight forward and quickly this impeachment can go.

I find it hard to believe PMB could make such a huge error in judgment.

If he is impeached he can only blame himself, but it would be tragedy for country.

The hardest hurdle here is 2/3 of all members in the NASS.

If it means 2/3 of 469 NASS members it may be tricky to convince 310+ members to show up on a given day, let alone vote for a motion.

But if there is sacks of Ghana must go available to persuade them, it is possible.

It may be even easier if they only require 2/3 of the people in chambers on the given day, because the leadership use their powers to make sure Buhari loyalist are not in the chambers at time of the vote.

Even easier if the NASS holds secret ballots which means they can rig it to give themselves the 2/3 majority required.

Everything else is easy to achieve.
The CJN is definitely not on PMB's side, have you noticed that since he resumed almost all high profile corruption cases have resulted in acquittals?

Also he even failed to show up for PMB's 2018 budget presentation.

The NASS appears to have conspired with US govt to frame Mr President.

Interesting that Buhari will be taken out of the country by visit to same US govt, which may give NASS opportunity to strike whilst he is away.
Theoretically the notice of impeachment could served on 30th April and by 13th May CJN could set up his panel
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by felaismyhero(m): 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
spartan117:

LOL you sound so naive
guy,i think u should explain how he is naive cos all he has said seems so on point.we can all see how fg is showing dino its power,and not even saraki can do anytin.i remember dat after d last election,wat frightened most people was whether gej wud accept defeat or not.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by felaismyhero(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
dheilaw1:
i don tire for d guy o,nigeria is not the uk,or those countries where rules are followed.i still remember how gej removed justice salami,president of appeal court then when d guy just remove pdp guvnors then.and am very sure dat dey cannot even get d number of lawmakers required,not to talk of completing d process
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by ndcide(m): 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
Relax... In few months time, Buhari himself will be afraid to run for this election.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by billyG(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Seriously it is easier for Satan to turn a new leaf than for a sitting Nigeria President to be impeached even if ALL members of the National Assembly consent to it.

He can frustrate the move by nominating his boys to the CJN as members of the 7 man panel, who in turn will give him a clean bill of health (this is what Almakura did in 2014). All he had to do is to show him his corrupt file and he'll fall inline.

If the CJN is uncooperative, he can simply send EFCC/Police/DSS after him and "suspend" him from office while a new acting CJN will be given the responsibility. The suspended CJN will be battling in court...

Alternatively, if he is a mean President, all he had to do is to sponsor thugs to the National Assembly complex to cause trouble and will use the excuse to shut down the complex in order to restore law and order even before sitting commence.

A second alternative is to sponsor series of court cases to get some kangaroo injunctions against the National Assembly and that will be it.

Welcome To Naija...

Is ahmed markafi not an offspring of d bloos sucking herdsmen?
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Splashme: 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
Daviddson:
I've read this before now. I must say that's not really very complex if laws work in Nigeria. Since our judiciary is very lame, one sponsored person will just fly to the court and ask for an injunction to stop the national assembly from proceeding, and the court will shamelessly grant it. You see?!
Is the law followed in Nigeria? Don't you know that several governors have gone to court to challenge their removal from office after they were removed? There's practically no suit, no matter how useless it is, that Nigerian judges will not entertain in court due to corruption. The last one, the court ruled that Nyako should be paid all his salaries since he was sacked till his tenure officially expired. I'm even talking about whilst the impeachment process is going on. Not after the conclusion. The law was talking about after the president has been removed from office. Didn't you see how NASS was yet to fully pass an election date amendment bill into law and someone went to the court to stop them from continuing on the bill and the court granted his prayer just yesterday.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Bimpe29: 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
It's an uphill task, seemingly impossible in Nigeria where vested interest, social injustice and love for money reigns supreme.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Sagsabag(m): 10:23pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mumu go removam

Chapter VI, Section 144 says:

(1) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office, if -

(a) by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of all the members of the executive council of the Federation it is declared that the President or Vice-President is incapable of discharging the functions of his office; and

(b) the declaration is verified, after such medical examination as may be necessary, by a medical panel established under subsection (4) of this section in its report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

(2) Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President or Vice-President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation.

(3) The President or Vice-President shall cease to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report pursuant to subsection (2) of this section.

(4) the medical panel to which this section relates shall be appointed by the President of the Senate, and shall comprise five medical practitioners in Nigeria:-
(a) one of whom shall be the personal physician of the holder of the office concerned; and
(b) four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the President of the Senate, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relative to the nature of the examination to be conducted in accordance with the foregoing provisions.

(5) In this section, the reference to "executive council of the Federation" is a reference to the body of Ministers of the Government of the Federation, howsoever called, established by the President and charged with such responsibilities for the functions of government as the President may direct.

[/quote]
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
zinaunreal:
To everyone on this thread supporting our president
Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 11:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
The court will step in restraining the national assembly from impeaching the president. Quack high court vs useless leaders of Nigeria.
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by Bruemath(m): 3:25am On Apr 28, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by BumperNO: 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
ProYouAdminsUK:

If he is impeached he can only blame himself, but it would be tragedy for country.

If it means 2/3 of 469 NASS members it may be tricky to convince 310+ members to show up on a given day, let alone vote for a motion.

But if there is sacks of Ghana must go available to persuade them, it is possible.

It may be even easier if they only require 2/3 of the people in chambers on the given day, because the leadership use their powers to make sure Buhari loyalist are not in the chambers at time of the vote.

Even easier if the NASS holds secret ballots which means they can rig it to give themselves the 2/3 majority required.

The CJN is definitely not on PMB's side, have you noticed that since he resumed almost all high profile corruption cases have resulted in acquittals?

Interesting that Buhari will be taken out of the country by visit to same US govt, which may give NASS opportunity to strike whilst he is away.
Theoretically the notice of impeachment could served on 30th April and by 13th May CJN could set up his panel
Re: 12 Steps To Impeach The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria by OmilAguTutors: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2019
smiley
ProYouAdminsUK:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Disqualification: APC & Buhari Reject Court's Orders Of Service / Stella Oduah In Israel (Pictures) / Rare Footage Of An Industrialised Nigeria In 1960s. This Will Make U Shed Tears.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.