Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,764 members, 7,802,336 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election (15124 Views)

Date For Osun Supplementary Election: INEC Sets September 27 / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting / INEC Releases Timetable For 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by olokeded: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
The Independent National Electoral Commission in Osun has released the timetable for the conduct of the state’s September 22 governorship election.

Presenting the timetable to newsmen on Thursday in Osogbo, Mr. Olusegun Agbaje, the newly appointed Osun Resident Electoral Commissioner said election activities would commence on June 23 with the release of “Notice of Election’’ by INEC.

Agbaje said political parties would commence a public campaign on June 24 while candidates for elections and their parties would have the opportunities to obtain forms at INEC headquarters from June 25.

The REC said that party primaries and resolution of disputes arising from the primaries would hold from June 24 to July 23.

“The last day for withdrawal of candidate(s) and replacement of withdrawn candidate(s) by political parties would be August 8 while the last day for the submission of nomination forms would be August 22.

“The last day of campaigns will be September 20, while the election proper will hold on September 22 as provided in section 178 (2) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended),’’ he said.

Agbaje said that as part of the commission’s roadmap for the election, Continuous Voter Registration had been extended at the 332 wards in the state from April 11 to April 16.

He said those who were newly captured would undergo Automatic Finger Identification System before their names would be ratified and added to the present list of registered voters in Osun.

The REC reassured that the PVC for registered voters in the state would be distributed before the governorship election on Sept. 22.

Agbaje said that 411,438 PVCs were yet to be collected in the state.

http://www.metronaija.ng/inec-releases-timetable-for-osun-governorship-election/
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Milllz: 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
These elections should serve as a statement for Nigerians.

In the US now, every election is won by the Democrats even states that have been Republican strongholds for decades. The American people are showing their displeasure with the Federal by voting the opposition.

Let’s start with the small elections to incite fear in the dullard of Daura and his cohorts so that 2019 they know their failure is glaring and inevitable.

Let’s get out PVC and vote.

11 Likes

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by oshe11: 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2018
Milllz:
Good

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by okey777(m): 5:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
k
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 26, 2018

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by BreezyCB(m): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ok
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by PassingShot(m): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
APC will win in a landslide

1 Like

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by budusky05(m): 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ok
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
Sai APC
Sai BABA
Sai Nigeria
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by zeke100(m): 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
The journey begins

Moreover amazon gift card needed in bulk, check signature for contact
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Laratayo: 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
Nice one
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by deebsman1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
Aregberascal did well in Osun so APC should have the day but Osun politics get as e get, it's one of the most advanced state politics in Nigeria.

Akande performed very well, they voted him out for oyinlola, oyinlola did same, they voted him out also for Aregbe....so performance is not a determinant for succession in osun

7 Likes

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Bustincole(m): 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
Time table kor, watch table ni

Who post dis rubbish

1 Like

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by joenor(m): 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2018
what is the name of your VPN?
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
Milllz:
These elections should serve as a statement for Nigerians.

In the US now, every election is won by the Democrats even states that have been Republican strongholds for decades. The American people are showing their displeasure with the Federal by voting the opposition.

Let’s start with the small elections to incite fear in the dullard of Daura and his cohorts so that 2019 they know their failure is glaring and inevitable.

Let’s get out PVC and vote.
yes I got my pvc and I will vote APC
APC for life

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Milllz: 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
FishLegs:
yes I got my pvc and I will vote APC
APC for life
Please tell me what APC has done to benefit your life?

No insults intended.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2018
PDP will never win an election in Osun again.
Osun ti n dara
Ko ni baje

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
Milllz:

Please tell me what APC has done to benefit your life?

No insults intended.
No
Ask what PDP has done to my state and country instead .
It’s never about me !
Bunch of thieves
PMB for life

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by AWONEYAN(m): 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
Going by infrastructural development, roas network and school built, response of security and O ambulance to critical needs. Aregbesola's candidate will win.
Going by half salary and pensioners Plight it will be had for Aregbesola's party to succeed.
Let the people's choice prevail and God's will be done.

Personally I don't like any one with below attributes, they have nothing to offer.

#Dancer
#some1 with hands stain with blood
#Opportunist
#Politician with Abuja/Lagos influence
#politician who just started making roads cos of election
#Empty talkative laywers
#Another religion fanatics
# prostitute politician

You can add yours

2 Likes

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by haywhy1026(m): 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
Ok.....
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
deebsman1:
Aregberascal did well in Osun so APC should have the day but Osun politics get as e get, it's one of the most advanced state politics in Nigeria.

Akande performed very well, they voted him out for oyinlola, oyinlola did same, they voted him out also for Aregbe....so performance is not a determinant for succession in osun
The day of massive rigging is over in Osun

2 Likes

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Bsingle(m): 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
Daura 2019

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by signature2012(m): 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
PassingShot:

With all the killings happening in the country,your brain never reset abi?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by afoo02(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
FishLegs:
No
Ask what PDP has done to my state and country instead .
It’s never about me !
Bunch of thieves
PMB for life
pls permit me to yab that guy

3 Likes

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by nedu666: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2018
Sorry for whoever takes over his chances of max stealin has been limited by gbese
Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by ybalogs(m): 5:35pm On Apr 26, 2018
PassingShot:
depends on the candidate put forward by PDP. Aregbe has really made lots of people lost hope in APC in the state. He started well but subsequently fizzled out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by ybalogs(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
Who are the likely candidates for APC and PDP. ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by ybalogs(m): 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
I know of the dancing senator's wish to be the next governor . He is yet to realise people voted for his brother of blessed memory. Pretty sure he'd still think he could make use of those sympathy vote but I seriously doubt that. Fingers crossed sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by sincerlyyo(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
deebsman1:

It was because Obj conned AD not to campaign and support PDP for President that made Akande to lose. They voted out Oyinlola when they realised.
APC shall win, never again PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Releases Timetable For Osun Governorship Election by Johnnyessence(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
PassingShot:
keep deceiving yourself here, what you guys are good at is to rant and blow more lies and propaganda here. Elections in osun state and ekiti state will send the right signal to pmb that the people are not coward. Apc will be defeated and rejected at the poll. voting for Apc is voting for more blood shed and suffering and smiling.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFP Or Nigerian Army? Who Lied About The 30 Military Men Killed By Boko Haram?. / Omoyele Sowore: Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Country In The World / NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.