Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead (47787 Views)

Adedeji Stanley Olajide Chase Journalists Out Of COVID-19 Probe / Micheal Adedeji Dies Days After He Was Shot / Adedeji Adeleke At The Burial Of Isaka Adeleke (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by 10Ebisco: 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
Pioneer Executive Director of the Addis Ababa based United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and Undersecretary General of the UN, Prof Adebayo Adedeji, is dead.

Adedeji died in Lagos at the age of 87 after a protracted illness, NAN reports.

Adedeji was the ECA boss between 1975 -1978, after which he was appointed the UN Undersecretary General. He remained in the ECA post until 1991.

Until his death, Adedeji was the director of the African Centre for Development and Strategic Studies, a think-tank NGO based in his hometown, Ijebu Ode, Ogun, Nigeria.

He was also a frontline member of his Ijebu-Ode community and a close associate of Oba Sikiru Adetona, the Awujale of Ijebu land. He was the Asiwaju of Ijebuland (leader) and Bobajiro of the Awujale (chief adviser to the monarch) as well.

The chair of Sikiru Adetona professorial seat at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Prof Ayo Olukotun, expressed shock at the death of Adedeji.

Olukotun is also the Secretary-General of the International Relations Society of Nigeria.

“Though elderly, Adedeji would be greatly missed. We, in the international relation society, would have been happier, if he had stayed on for a while longer.

“His death is a rude shock to us. We would have been happier to have him around to influence discussions on alternative strategy, which he championed during his iconic stint at the ECA.

“His contribution to an alternative to Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) cannot be forgotten. His effort led to the adoption of the alternatives by many African countries.

“Adedeji would still have been very relevant today as the continent still searches for economic redirection,” Olukotun said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/breaking-adebayo-adedeji-is-dead.html

2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by ehbellsho(m): 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2018
Rest In Peace.

5 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 7:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
10Ebisco:
Pioneer Executive Director of the Addis Ababa based United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and Undersecretary General of the UN, Prof Adebayo Adedeji, is dead.

Adedeji died in Lagos at the age of 87 after a protracted illness, NAN reports.

Adedeji was the ECA boss between 1975 -1978, after which he was appointed the UN Undersecretary General. He remained in the ECA post until 1991.

Until his death, Adedeji was the director of the African Centre for Development and Strategic Studies, a think-tank NGO based in his hometown, Ijebu Ode, Ogun, Nigeria.

He was also a frontline member of his Ijebu-Ode community and a close associate of Oba Sikiru Adetona, the Awujale of Ijebu land. He was the Asiwaju of Ijebuland (leader) and Bobajiro of the Awujale (chief adviser to the monarch) as well.

The chair of Sikiru Adetona professorial seat at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Prof Ayo Olukotun, expressed shock at the death of Adedeji.

Olukotun is also the Secretary-General of the International Relations Society of Nigeria.

“Though elderly, Adedeji would be greatly missed. We, in the international relation society, would have been happier, if he had stayed on for a while longer.

“His death is a rude shock to us. We would have been happier to have him around to influence discussions on alternative strategy, which he championed during his iconic stint at the ECA.

“His contribution to an alternative to Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) cannot be forgotten. His effort led to the adoption of the alternatives by many African countries.

“Adedeji would still have been very relevant today as the continent still searches for economic redirection,” Olukotun said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/breaking-adebayo-adedeji-is-dead.html

how is this breaking news.....

since awolowo drank rat poison b4 he died....which one did he drink....

pls this is no news.....

let them send his remains to sokoto caliphate for last slavery homage.....

I reject to be slave till death......God forbid

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Johnnyessence(m): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

pls this is no news.....

why the hatred for God's sake. you are just jealousy of Yoruba tribe.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2018
Johnnyessence:
why the hatred for God's sake. you are just jealousy of Yoruba tribe.

which hatred abeg.....dat thing na news.....

who get time....na to hate yoruba tribe.......

abeg we need divide....we don't have anything in common in this country

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Biety: 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

pls this is no news.....
this kind of comment can only come from OSU outcasts and dirty ipob villagers. I no blame you sha,it's kanu that made many of you irrational.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
Biety:

this kind of comment can only come from OSU outcasts and dirty ipob villagers.
I no blame you sha,it's kanu that made many of you irrational.

every small thing una go call kanu....

meanwhile in osun state is now emir of iwo...

if nnamdi made me irrational........awolowo and Victor banjo made u over irrational........traitors

12 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by moscobabs(m): 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
RIP sir
Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by moscobabs(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2018
RIP sir
Pls help me warn all Biafra on nairaland to always think before they post o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Biety: 8:31pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

every small thing una go call kanu....

meanwhile in osun state is now emir of iwo...

if nnamdi made me irrational........awolowo and Victor banjo made u over irrational........traitors
OSU.

11 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 8:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
Biety:
OSU.

Eternal slave..........#spits#

11 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
moscobabs:
RIP sir Pls help me warn all Biafra on nairaland to always think before they post o.

rubbish.....
awolowo...should done that thinking a longtime ago....
bullshit

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Biety: 9:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

Eternal slave..........#spits#
OSU lastborn, thank you for reminding me that you and your people are slaves. Shukwudi okike abiaman spit on your flat head.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Biety: 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2018
[
Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
Biety:

OSU lastborn, thank you for reminding me that you and your people are slaves. Shukwudi okike abiaman spits on your flat head.

look at ur english.....

I always say and will repeat it again.....the training of an average yoruba is a waste of money and resources coz dey will still drink dat their amala stirred with toilet broom.....

and for slavery....u people are born slaves....to the caliphate.....

the problem is that not only afonja are wailing as dey are been enslaved by hausa fulani....

they are wailing and kicking as they seek to be enslaved by hausa fulani.......God forbid....

and thirdly go and take ur bath

11 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Johnnyessence(m): 9:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

which hatred abeg.....dat thing na news.....

who get time....na to hate yoruba tribe.......

abeg we need divide....we don't have anything in common in this country
but your leaders don't want to divide. not only that, most of your people are in the north and south west doing well in their various business.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Johnnyessence(m): 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

look at ur english.....

I always say and will repeat it again.....the training of an average yoruba is a waste of money and resources coz dey will still drink dat their amala stirred with toilet broom.....

and for slavery....u people are born slaves....to the caliphate.....

the problem is that not only afonja are wailing as dey are been enslaved by hausa fulani....

they are wailing and kicking as they seek to be enslaved by hausa fulani.......God forbid....

and thirdly go and take ur bath
why is Orji uzor kalu still slave to Fulani politicians all in order to cover his loot Hmmmm?

9 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2018
Biety:

what is wrong with my English a slave kid?my dirty awolowo followers should be careful if they don't want to end like him.

okay issorite

tnks 4 advising ur ursef and ur fellow afonjas

lolzzzz

4 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2018
Johnnyessence:
but your leaders don't want to divide. not only that, most of your people are in the north and south west doing well in their various business.

taah leave dat as consolation prize....

yorubas is always an obstacle to us....we started our agitation....una start oduduwa republic......

next....una brodas say igbos want to leave naija witout them....

anoda one said....we mde sure their agitation failed...

abeg leave that as consolation prize....

igbos want out of this devilish union.....

7 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2018
Johnnyessence:
why is Bola tinubu still slave to Fulani politicians all in order to cover his loot Hmmmm?

u should answer it.....rubbish....

Nigeria has expired....we need go our separate ways....

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by gotnel: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

pls this is no news.....

Your mentality is showing you up as a slave of the mental illness.

8 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2018
Biety:

Whoever paid for my sch fees must be regreting by now.
See my post: as dey are been enslaved.
I as illiterate SLAVE doesn't know the different between being and been.

continue implicating ursef......

olodo na dxs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2018
gotnel:

Your mentality is showing you up as a slave of the mental illness.
another sacrificed slave spotted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by GeneralOjukwu: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

rubbish.....

awolowo...should done that thinking a longtime ago....

bullshit

Why are you grunting up and down and enriching a Yoruba while impoverishing yourself abusing his kinsmen?

ALL these rants show that you are pained by a dead man greater than anyone in your family can ever dream to be grin

Get help....You are sounding more rabid by the minute grin

12 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:

Why are you grunting up and down and enriching a Yoruba while impoverishing yourself abusing Yorubas?

ALL these rants show that you are pained by a dead man greater than anyone in your family can ever dream to be grin

[img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/c29d0f1bd3cf96e28837fbff47a8711f/tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif[/img

step aside if u don't know what to write or is like u have problems with English and simple sentence......mtcheew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by GeneralOjukwu: 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

step aside if u don't know what to write or is like u have problems with English and simple sentence......mtcheew

No one in your entire generation past, present and in future can write that well.

Bark more...bingo
grin

9 Likes

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by Reelectbuhari: 9:57pm On Apr 26, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:

No one in my entire generation past, present and in future can write that well.

am bingo and I can bark
grin

toothless bull dog......u are never a dog coz u hv no teeth....

meanwhile just go back to ur sch and ask ur teacher while u are a failure.....M done with......

go and play with ur fellow children.........under the mango tree for moonlight dance......lolzz

bye and argue with ur ancestors dat die on top rat poison.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Adedeji Is Dead by GeneralOjukwu: 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

toothless bull dog......u are never a dog coz u hv no teeth....

meanwhile just go back to ur sch and ask ur teacher while u are a failure.....M done with......

go and play with ur fellow children.........under the mango tree for moonlight dance......lolzz

bye and argue with ur ancestors dat die on top rat poison.

Get an education ...Kiddo. Rabies injection too.

Keep barking while you get what I recommended.

We enjoy you amusing us

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Police Car Already Bashed Less Than One Week After It Was Purchased. Photos / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 54th Independence With A Doodle [PHOTO] / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.