Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,564,829 members, 5,929,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 06:24 PM

How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) (9167 Views)

Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider / GBFoods Africa Job Recruitment In Nigeria (6 Positions) / How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by FynGuy(m): 5:43am On Apr 27, 2018
The number of fake jobs interviews (popularly called GNLD) is currently on the high side in Nigeria. This has warranted us to share with you, these life sticking tips to enable you spot a fake job invite even from a distance.
I have seen such a significant number of Job seekers grumbling and deploring their experience in the hands of phony trick organizations who welcome individuals for talk with just to acquaint them with counterfeit medication promoting business.

I’m doing this not just on the grounds that these organizations squander individuals’ opportunity, vitality and T-reasonable going to such meetings, yet additionally on the grounds that the greater part of these con artists blackmail cash from hapless occupation searchers subsequently making their torment times two.

Imagine a trickster coercing #10,500 from a graduate who have been jobless for quite a long time, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such unbeneficial meetings or occupation talk as they ordinarily call it.

A few people even get cash to pay these sheep in scoundrels, them paradise on earth. Some will disclose to you that you will make a large portion of a million inside 1 month what not. In case you’re not cautious, you will take an advance that you won’t have the capacity to reimburse accordingly causing humiliation and absence of rest of psyche. A jobless individual ought to have just himself to stress over, not having obligations too.
So I trust that in the event that we are appropriately guided, we won’t fall under the control of these tricksters.

Having said that, there are courses by which one can recognize a phony or trick talk with welcome and there fore maintain a strategic distance from such exercise in futility and cash. The good thing is that the greater part of their messages come in a similar organization, so you will know its phony!

1. The message does not hold up under an organization name: the majority of these con artists who exclude their names on the message you will get. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a telephone number. A certified organization won’t conceal its personality from a potential representative.

2. The message will state “talk with/work instructions”: whatever activity preparation implies I don’t have the foggiest idea!

3. You will see a code or reference: something like “HR=0056” or “REF=002”. This means that the code number of the individual who welcomed you to the “occupation preparation”.

4. It will contain a telephone number: this is the quantity of your referrer. Most honest to goodness organizations don’t give telephone numbers.

5. You will see HR Admin in the message rather than organization name

6. In the event that you call their number, they will be hesitant to give data on the organization.

Also, please, overlook those individuals sharing employment flyers in the city, and those ones they glue on dividers. Those are con artists and a few ritualists as well. And furthermore the greater part of these purported organizations are roads for hoodwinking clueless occupation searchers. Please shine your eyes well as the Lagos people will say.

I will post the names of some of these phony organizations/offices later.
Please in the event that you have any encounters inthe hands of these con artists sympathetically share it here with the goal that others can learn and maintain a strategic distance from them as well. Much obliged to you

Cheers!

https://nigeriajobscout.com/blog/how-to-spot-a-fake-job-interview-in-nigeria-6-ways

3 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by DIYhackers: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2018
Most authoritative interviews would come under the company's domain name.

E.g lalasticlala@nairaland.com

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Ojuororun(m): 7:46am On Apr 27, 2018
hmmn
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by sunkanmihassan1(m): 7:47am On Apr 27, 2018
You'll see Phrases like:

1. Job briefing
2. based on reference
3. your CV impress us
4. you are hereby
5. Dress corporately
6. After analysis of CV
7. Ref number

The message is also sent on the day of the interview or a day before the interview. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by amilak: 7:48am On Apr 27, 2018
Op, thanks for the info. But your post is too wordy and rigged with unnecessary qualifiers.
Person fit loss inside all that grammar.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by derrick015: 7:52am On Apr 27, 2018
omoh's apex solution limited in at iwo road Ibadan

2 Likes

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2018
Please did anyone get an email for interview and documentation from workforce??
Its scheduled for the 4th of may.
I dont even know which of the banks it is for. Anyone in the same shoes should indicate abeg!!
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Juell(m): 8:00am On Apr 27, 2018
grin
Last week got an sms inviting me for an "assessment interview" got the sms on Thursday interview to hold on Friday. I didn't attend, only to get another sms from same people asking me to come for another interview on Saturday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Divepen1(m): 8:02am On Apr 27, 2018
amilak:
Op, thanks for the info. But your post is too wordy and rigged with unnecessary qualifiers.
Mirror! Mirror!
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by annashetty: 8:06am On Apr 27, 2018
While going through many posts and articles I found this article the best in order to provide the user best information for adware removal process.

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Romanciella(f): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2018
So many scammers
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Pharaoh001(f): 8:15am On Apr 27, 2018
New Life is the worst of all
They've killed many graduates dreams..

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by charmingfrank(m): 8:33am On Apr 27, 2018
There was one I wrote to and submitted my cv. In less than 5hrs I got their mail telling me I was invited for an interview, I was like what the fu*k, I didn't bug, before u know I got a call the following day, saying that I have been selected, u told him emphatically to go Bleep himself, even if am a young graduate from school and I have not hold any or submitted my cv before, this is not how a thing work in a sane manner. Na so baba end call. Lol....... Awon scammers
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Ipheyemmy01(m): 9:32am On Apr 27, 2018
And some will also publicly state the salaries and allowances.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2018
Based on your application to M.H.S via online , pls note that you're required to come over for an Assessment Interview with the HR Dept on  Monday 30/04/2018.Time: 9am.

Address: 65c Opebi road, opposite glass house by Salvation b/stop, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.

Do present a hard copy of your CV and a passport photograph and pls ensure to be punctual.

Need help/directions?Call Admin: 0803-449-6175/6109www.madehillssolution.com.ng

Got the above mail few minutes ago.. Anyone with a similar message? How real is it?

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Snowfancy(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2018
there is a very big scam taking place at my state Taraba, an organization called zethar are claiming they want to give free money to people I try to let my friend s know its a scam but nobody wants to see it like that, they a now collecting 1500 naira saying it is for certificate I wept 4 my people.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Sezua(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2018
sunkanmihassan1:
You'll see Phrases like:

1. Job briefing
2. based on reference
3. your CV impress us
4. you are hereby
5. Dress corporately
6. After analysis of CV

The message is also sent on the day of the interview or a day before the interview. grin
na that number 3 they vex me pass;'ur cv impress us'.

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by JARUSHUB: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2018
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by qanda: 10:41am On Apr 27, 2018
useful info
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Nowenuse: 10:55am On Apr 27, 2018
OP, thanks for sharing
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by amoss88: 11:05am On Apr 27, 2018
Please anywhere you see LIVE SOLUTION RESOURCES they are scam , I actually attended there interview two days ago even after suspecting it could be scam cos I stand to loose nothing , the craziest part is that you 'll be asked to pay 20k for registration , A day after the interview I got another email from them to come the next day for interview same format .. God 'll punish them becos two ladies came to Abuja and one from KD by night bus for this scam of interview

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by bozzyjoan(m): 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
amilak:

lazy nigerian youth.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Juvi: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
amoss88:
Please anywhere you see LIVE SOLUTION RESOURCES they are scam , I actually attended there interview two days ago even after suspecting it could be scam cos I stand to loose nothing , the craziest part is that you 'll be asked to pay 20k for registration , A day after the interview I got another email from them to come the next day for interview same format .. God 'll punish them becos two ladies came to Abuja and one from KD by night bus for this scam of interview
This Live solution people ehh.. Was at that their Wuye office last year ooo. And i already had the feeling i'll meet something like that, na so them begin play video of how a fish can climb a tree for us oo some fell for it and had to part with their 1500. They plenty for jiji, most of them pose as consultants

1 Like

Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by amoss88: 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
hey've upgraded to 20k now , some ppl has fish brain my brother just like you said about 8 people paid the money Cash that day .

This Live solution people ehh.. Was at that their Wuye office last year ooo. And i already had the feeling i'll meet something like that, na so them begin play video of how a fish can climb a tree for us oo some fell for it and had to part with their 1500. They plenty for jiji, most of them pose as consultants
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by brownemmanuel43(m): 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
MyzDee:
Based on your application to M.H.S via online , pls note that you're required to come over for an Assessment Interview with the HR Dept on  Monday 30/04/2018.Time: 9am.

Address: 65c Opebi road, opposite glass house by Salvation b/stop, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.

Do present a hard copy of your CV and a passport photograph and pls ensure to be punctual.

Got the above mail few minutes ago.. Anyone with a similar message? How real is it?

my dearest dont bother to go they are fuckers
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
brownemmanuel43:
my dearest dont bother to go they are fuckers
I thought as much.. Thanks a lot.
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by Ayopedro(m): 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
[quote author=MyzDee post=67070895]Based on your application to M.H.S via online , pls note that you're required to come over for an Assessment Interview with the HR Dept on  Monday 30/04/2018.Time: 9am.

bleeping GNLD people.....have been there before
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
MyzDee:
I thought as much.. Thanks a lot.
u are welcome sis Eko
Re: How To Spot A Fake Job Interview In Nigeria (6 Ways) by FynGuy(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2018
amoss88:
hey've upgraded to 20k now , some ppl has fish brain my brother just like you said about 8 people paid the money Cash that day .
Too bad

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Starting Salary Of A Doctor In Nigeria. / Unilever Future Leaders program / Gtbank Aptitude Test Invite For Monday 30th Sept; 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.