Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,982 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street (27747 Views)

“you Changed My Life”: Oyinbo Man Gives Nigerian Student N159 Million, New Car / Chinaza Nwozuzu: Gov Uzodimma Gives Scholarship To Girl Who Scored 9As in SSCE / Dangote Gives Scholarship To Students From Coal Bearing Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by seguno2: 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
That is nice, but he doesn't really need to make it public, aleast not on social media

He is giving his testimony of good deeds to encourage others to do likewise.
Do you have any problem with that ni

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by porka: 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
@ emboldened is the most silly question I have ever seen
grin

Must he do either of the two? such questions can only make sense if the positions are direct alternative in that situation

Besides I hope you saw where I wrote that 'this is nice" in my initial comment to praise his kind gesture cheesy

God didn't inspire the bible. The Bible are historical events that happened in the middle east at a particular period in time. I might agree that it has spiritual meaning to Christians tho.

I thought our arguments were based on rational thoughts just now. I am surprised you have switched to spiritual aspects in about three comments. grin

God inspired the Bible, sir.

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,"

2 Timothy 3:16

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by shibanbo(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
That is nice, but he doesn't really need to make it public, aleast not on social media

Do your own and hide it,he did his and showed it what's now the problem ,naija with bad mentality,he feels like doing it on the social media holy holy why not do your own.terrible people like you are dangerous in the society
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by shibanbo(m): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Damicares:
Let's be realistic. People who will do good will always do good and people who will not, will not irrespective of how many good examples others have shown. So, in the nutshell, my opinion still stands. The publicity ain't necessary kiss
So as your opinion ain't necessary
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by porka: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
donstan18:

-People can be motivated by him in helping the poor.

-Every kindly helper deserves a big praises and likes from people.

-Our concentration should be on the fact that he helped a poor boy, not how he brought it to social media.

-Even the bible publicized how Jesus helped the poor, they didn't hide it.

I simply don't think it's necessary to say anything concerning how he brought it to social media.

Jesus said...

"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

"But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

"so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."

Matthew 6:2-4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Anextin(f): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
Whatever good or kind gesture one decides to do shouldn't be turned into a social event or event to gather likes and admiration on the social media.

I honestly don't think it was necessary to post it on the social media, after all there's absolutely nothing to gain from it . I have seen people do similar things without making a huge fuss about it.

Although, I still maintain that it is a kind gesture nonetheless
There's something to be gained from it. Someone might be moved to do same for another. It is good to show that people can still help so we know it's not all lost. An moved
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by godofuck231: 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
I think this should be a food for thought to Married men still looking for olosho s at their age, if they can use the 50 million for scholarship on 20 kids it would save a lot of children's future.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by sammylink: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
But cant you see that all his children are females. The man has stylishly adopted a male child.

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Burgerlomo: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
May God continue to bless you and your entire household in Jesus name. Amen!

Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Yankiss(m): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
partnerbiz4:
Good shaa.

Those that will think he shouldn't show that on facebook should remember that this might encourage sb...

Quite true. I am already thinking.....
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Elthugnificent(m): 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
tall2ce:
Drake showed it off in God's plan video

And am glad he did it. So this man deserves the credit.
Thank you, I don't think anyone said jack when drake did his. But trust we Nigerians naw, always hating on one of our own.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by graces2016: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2018
May God bless u ...And help those who can help,but refuse to to help ..
Who u help
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Damicares(f): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
tragergeorge:
as long as nija is concern its necessary ,,common bus stop wen dem do for Lagos d whole world hear,,bus stop o,wen be their responsibility ooo
Anyhow Sha, your own point of view is very different from mine bro. Let's just leave it that way

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by chimeziedickson: 5:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
More blessings bro!!
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by idesylvester(m): 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
Jesus fed 5000 people in public and today it's published in the bible... Don't make public of what you do only when you do it for fame or to gain favour... The heart of the doer is all that matters (change the way you think)
greiboy:
Whatever good or kind gesture one decides to do shouldn't be turned into a social event or event to gather likes and admiration on the social media.

I honestly don't think it was necessary to post it on the social media, after all there's absolutely nothing to gain from it . I have seen people do similar things without making a huge fuss about it.

Although, I still maintain that it is a kind gesture nonetheless
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by idesylvester(m): 5:59pm On Apr 27, 2018
So has the man committed any sin that will make him go to hell? Giving for the honour is not good but never should one accuse anyone posting. Or didn't the bible warn you from judging people too
greiboy:

What happened to Jesus afterwards

Those who once praised him eventually preferred a common criminal over him. Some of his closest associate denied him before coming back to their senses.

So human beings are like that, if your intentions was to help in order gain accolades for doing good, you might be disappointed on the long run

@ inspiring others

That is a fallacy

Anyone ready to help others will do it nonetheless, but if i were to take a your argument as legitimate, I believe a story could have suffice not a gallery of pictures on the internet .

In summary, I think it was right to help the kid, but I feel he might be doing it for all the wrong reasons
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by paix(m): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
No discrimination. That's how favour will locate you without discrimination.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
idesylvester:
Jesus fed 5000 people in public and today it's published in the bible... Don't make public of what you do only when you do it for fame or to gain favour... The heart of the doer is all that matters (change the way you think)
The problem you lot have is that you barely read what you type before posting it

@ emboldened

Jesus fed people in the open in a public space. Please how can Jesus hide that miracle? and more importantly how is that related to a man who took someone off the street only to post on social media for admiration?
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
idesylvester:
So has the man committed any sin that will make him go to hell? Giving for the honour is not good but never should one accuse anyone posting. Or didn't the bible warn you from judging people too
is my argument based on religion? or religious beliefs?

I will advise you to work on your abilities to comprehend wink
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
porka:

God inspired the Bible, sir.

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,"

2 Timothy 3:16
Exactly!

This is simply because most biblical accounts or characters in the Bible are not available in other historical or religious books

joker cheesy
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
porka:

Jesus said...

"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

"But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

"so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."

Matthew 6:2-4
hope you know that most characters in the bible, particularly the old testament are available in other religious and historical books that originated from that region of the world cheesy
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by idesylvester(m): 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
So under whose law do you base your judgement, Nature or common sense?
greiboy:
is my argument based on religion? or religious beliefs?

I will advise you to work on your abilities to comprehend wink
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by kalu61(m): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
we complain alot, what with that. ls it only bad news that should be on paper?
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by idesylvester(m): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
Jesus could've done that entering a room instead of raising it while they watch
greiboy:
The problem you lot have is that you barely read what you type before posting it

@ emboldened

Jesus fed people in the open in a public space. Please how can Jesus hide that miracle? and more importantly how is that related to a man who took someone off the street only to post on social media for admiration?
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
idesylvester:
So under whose law do you base your judgement, Nature or common sense?
Are you trying to be smart ?

Alright, if you followed my argument from onset, you should be able to pick up the bases for my arguments.

I hate rambling
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
idesylvester:
Jesus could've done that entering a room instead of raising it while they watch
Yet, he would have fed multitudes with a few loaf of breads and two fishes without anyone noticing the miracle.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by Olysmile(f): 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
Blessed to be a blessing
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by xpensivNas(m): 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
In as much dat I hate show off, d man should b applauded. N for dos castigating him. Some good deed also need to be showcase not jus d bad we r seeing online all d times
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by CioAngels(f): 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
It will make others to come out and help the poor children.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by felaismyhero(m): 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
Damicares:
Anyhow Sha, your own point of view is very different from mine bro. Let's just leave it that way
i want to know why you think its wrong to be showy with giving?,is it because d religious books say so or wat?
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by CioAngels(f): 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Thank you very much.
Re: Man Gives Scholarship To Ikechukwu Samuel, A Poor Boy He Met On Abia Street by felaismyhero(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
greiboy:
Are you trying to be smart ?

Alright, if you followed my argument from onset, you should be able to pick up the bases for my arguments.

I hate rambling
wow,i have been following ur arguments,and i really agree with them.i notice u are nt given to religion just like me,but as i read thru comments,a thought cruised thru my mind-if am not religious,why do i have problem wit sumone being showy with his giving?,i want to know why u think its wrong,im thinking now dat it should be d mindset of d religious to see things that way,i should be more concerned about d deed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Strike - Students’ Peaceful Protest Turns Bloody In Delta (photos) / Two TASUED Students Who Took Sniper Die / Mathematicians, Please Help Me With These Quadratic Equations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.