Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents (838 Views)

DSS, Police To Withdraw Operatives From Impeached Edo Speaker, Deputy / Saraki: Police IG Idris Disobeying Senate Not New… He Did To Buhari / Dino Melaye Was Impeached For Stealing TV In ABU Zaria - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 27, 2018
Impeachment of any president is nothing special. A president is just like any other citizen who must also abide by the constitution that govern the country.

If a president does not believe in or uphold the constitution of his or her country, then he should be impeached.

Here I present to you a list of sitting presidents who were impeached from office.

Park Geun-hye, former President of South Korea
Date: March 10, 2017
She was the second female president to be impeached and was succeeded in office by prime minister Hwang Kyo-ahn as acting president.

Dilma Vana Rousseff, former President of Brazil
Date: August 31, 2016
She was the first female president to be impeached and was succeeded in office by vice president Michel Temer.

Viktor Yanukovych former President of Ukraine
Date: February 21, 2014
The impeachment procedure stipulated by the Constitution of Ukraine was not followed. She left the country. She was succeeded in office by parliament speaker Oleksandr Turchynov as acting president.

Fernando Lugo former President of Paraguay
Date: June 21, 2012
Was succeeded in office by vice president Federico Franco.

Rolandas Paksas former President of Lithuania
Date: April 6, 2004
Was succeeded in office by parliament speakerArtūras Paulauskasas acting president.

Abdurrahman Wahid former President of Indonesia
Date: July 23, 2001
Was succeeded in office by vice president Megawati Sukarnoputri.

Alberto Fujimori former President of Peru
Date: November 21, 2000
Was succeeded in office by congress president Valentín Paniaguaas constitutional president.

Joseph Estrada former President of Philippines
Date: November 13, 2000
He resigned from office. Succeeded in office by vice president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

Boris Yeltsin (2nd time) former president of Russia
Date: September 22, 1993
He remained in office and ordered the dissolution of the Supreme Soviet.

Carlos Andrés Pérez former president of Venezuela
Date: March 20, 1993
She was succeeded in office by congress president Octavio Lepage as provisional president.

Fernando Collor de Mello former President of Brazil
Date: September 1, 1992
He resigned from office. He was ucceeded in office by vice president Itamar Franco.

Abolhassan Banisadr former President of Iran
Date: June 21, 1981
He was succeeded in office by the Provisional Presidential Council.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_impeached_presidents?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4661008343

Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by Paradigm777: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2018
Add Bubu to that list
Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 27, 2018
Paradigm777:
Add Bubu to that list

maybe, very soon...
Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 27, 2018
Buhari don't care because he knows that it will not happen in Nigeria. worse is that he will pay some senators and representative to stop the process of impeachment
Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 27, 2018
Oma307:
Buhari don't care because he knows that it will not happen in Nigeria. worse is that he will pay some senators and representative to stop the process of impeachment

what if things happen faster than he can...

Mr. Buhari can get impeached, I know it is very possible
Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by softmind24: 11:44am On Apr 27, 2018
Not Nigeria

Our democracy never mature reach that level

Only governor can easily be impeach
Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2018
Samleen:

what if things happen faster than he can...

Mr. Buhari can get impeached, I know it is very possible
I love that to happen but I don't trust Nigerians especially those in the legislature arm of government, they can easily forgo if they see money
Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by dlondonbadboy: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2018
Save Nigeria. ImpeachBuhariNow
Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2018
Oma307:

I love that to happen but I don't trust Nigerians especially those in the legislature arm of government, they can easily forgo if they see money

I know that very soon, Nigerians will stop typing with smartphone and PC but begin to carry guns and dangerous weapons and go about killing every political leaders and anyone in government who support evil and injustice.

We will soon begin to here similar stories soon... and none of them is save.
Re: Presidents' Impeachment Is Not New: Here's A List Of Twelve Impeached Presidents by KenOne: 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2018
Your list shows that really its impossible to impeach an African president, i didnt see any African president on your list, if my memories serves me right the only African president that has been impeached was Zuma of South Africa. Infact he even resigned before the impeachment. OP the system and the kind of politics we play in Nigeria makes it difficult for a president to be impeached. Look if president steps down security in national assembly for a day no member will near there as a result of his live , if Omo-Agege could step down few security personel for just 10minutes and had his way then imagine when a president is involved. Ethnicity, religion and tribal issues will set in whenever the idea is even muted.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Caught In Another Lie: Buhari Not First African Leader To Meet Trump / If Buhari Loves Nigeria,he Should Not Contest In 2019 / Buhari Is An Ungrateful Ignoramus For Saying He Is Paying Obj's Depts - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.