Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (135215 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 6:41am On Sep 19, 2018
0balufonlll:

Katsumoto, Terracotta & a few others who dabbled into language & history of Yoruba people were not illiterates. They knew the framework for pursuing these things and did it within such bounds. A number of them brought up many scholars, reviewed their works and veered into several other disciplines to establish or negate their thoughts. In a nutshell, these people you spoke about knew what methodology was, they knew what theories were & their uses, they knew what cognates were, they knew etymology requires several procedures. They stuck with the rules as stated by those in the academia and didn’t make the foundation of their study a biblical prophecy. You insult those people by comparing them with what is being done by your ilks on this thread.

Uncle, nobody is interested in anybody’s credentials. Nobody is stupid either to be hoodwinked by unrelated but undulating tripe about Hebrew - sensible people are asking questions to know how the writer arrived at whatever is being pushed, they may want to test the theory before agreeing. Gone are the days when a certain class sold falsehood to the masses like Olumide Lucas did. Nigerians are now mostly awake and will query whatever anyone puts out. Don’t feel threatened, just put out your facts and answers when people ask questions. Abi do you not think Yoruba has suffered alot of distortions within & without already?

So the essence of this is what? While Frobenius & the likes interacted, got their data and wrote what they wrote. It was still the same educated Yoruba scholars who dissected the works of these people and pushed forward what was credible and what wasn’t. In the end, everyhing still rests of the training you have received to handle the data in your possession or the fantasy in our heads.

You should be honest enough to treat the Suzan/Leo as scholars & the locals/oralists as sources of data and leave them at that. The oralsts gave informations, it was not like these oralists tried to approach what they knew from an angle of particular disciplines. And if they did, they would be told to step to the side. And are you aware Yoruba scholars, at least in History, broke away from European methods decades ago & established African Historiography at Ibadan School of History, no? I can guess other fields in Humanities in Nigerian universities have similar experience with localization as opposed to pursuing African research with European methods.

1. You must hate being asked questions to sum up honest curiosity as ‘antagonism’. This dislike for questions usualky stems from inability to give answers.

2. The inability of you & yours to answer questions but rather keep up with wild claims & shift goal posts is what has derailed the focus of the thread. Answer questions, cite sources & everyone moves on. At least the early debaters or discussants of Yoruba history & language which you mentioned did so with a lot of references at hand. They weren’t posting comical screenshots, they were dropping books they have read by the chapers and pages.

No one is scared of your threats about challenges. Everyone is touchable. As long as what you put up looks like ‘magic’, people will ask questions and query what your background is for making such bold claims.

The moment you begin to metion authors, especially those with rubbished credentials and then subjectively bend their works to suit your goal, is the moment you invite those who know some of these books and what they said to set things straight.

Oh and by the way, this is a public forum, you may need to engage Olu privately if you want to sustain a private discourse because everyone is welcome to post on every thread sustained by the owner of the board.

cool

From bottom up, question and answer is normal, debating points is normal, disputing a theory to get clarification is normal in the exercise to uncover what remains hidden. What is not normal is pushing a thought or even methodology as the only acceptable means by which hidden history can be uncovered, and when such assertion is opposed you guys resort to labels and antagonism. This is unacceptable.

Should Oyo Aremo commission a historian to come and tell him about the history of his land, or is the arokin sufficient to narrate the lores and deeds of his ancestors and their land to him? You guys almost at the point of ruling that no Yoruba can inquire about his ancestry without first consulting an historian. Ridiculous!

Katsumoto and Terra did not initiate these discussions on origin. They joined the discussion. My point is, where are the historians and linguists all along, how come you never take initiatives to open inquisition but you act as spoilers to the quest made by those you call non-professionals.

Even as we speak we cannot point to one thread any of you opened to act as the lighthouse to navigate us safely through the course to Yoruba roots. Thats a disservice to Yoruba.

The placement of Yoruba as an indigeneous is as unrooted as its placement as a migrant. Neither is IleIfe as the ancestral home more acceptable than Nineveh. You will have to give us air-tight scientific proof (excluding oral history) that shows Ile Ife is the first landing for mankind anywhere on the globe. While you are at it produce the genealogy of Obatala upward to the first being of creation. As linguists you all ought to know that language is dynamic and through attrition and territorial conflicts shifts in human population result in language displacements. There is no place of ancient origin today that speaks the original language it birthed with. IleIfe cannot be an exception. So what was the founding language in Ife on the day it was created? What was the society like, how did they worship?

A lot of questions...most of the answers to them accessible through oral examination.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2018
Obalufon:
http://owamilereehinmabo..com/2010/06/owamilere-ehinmabo-peoples.html
You have been openminded because the ‘light' in you is greater than the darkness. Thus, you stumbled on a that tell the story of Olusi contracted as Luusi. Although I have read the site’s account but there are slight misinformation about his biological father.

Pardon me, I wont share anything else about Luusi because of disrespect for me and my ancestor.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 9:10am On Sep 19, 2018
Olu317:
You have been openminded because the ‘light' in you is greater than the darkness. Thus, you stumbled on a that tell the story of Olusi contracted as Luusi. Although I have read the site’s account but there are slight misinformation about his biological father.

Pardon me, I wont share anything else about Luusi because of disrespect for me and my ancestor.

is luusi the same as olusi?.. ..Mr Olu don't be discourage teach please .. Even Oni claim tower of babel. Garden of Eden Noah's ark is in IFE .. much about ile-ife that we don't know
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2018
Obalufon:

is luusi the same as olusi?.. ..Mr Olu don't be discourage teach please .. Even Oni claim tower of babel. Garden of Eden Noah's ark is in IFE .. much about ile-ife that we don't know
I am not discouraged but I don't want anyone else steal my intellectual property as it regards what God direct me to do to benefit my Race in the committee of Nations . Oh k, YES , they are the same person but the name became contracted over period of time . And I will advise you to read slowly and carefully,so that you can sum it up in other to be able to comprehend easily. Thereafter, you can post what you have summed up. Although like I said, there are information that are incorrect and I won't share it( pardon me Obalufon, because it is intellectual war) .

As regards Ooni claiming Babel, is left for the Eledumare, who is the light of our path, to equip him more with Ogbon,Imo ati Ooyè so that this aspect will be revealed to him with the right mechanism to back such claim up through all the divinely chosen ones.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2018
x
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
So Oral has base in Yoruba's history but Old Testament (Tanakh) isn't a primary source of Hebrew's history ? Kai..... I can't stop laughing! Contrary to some people claiming Oluigbo isn't from ILE IFE, below is a screenshot of an interview Professor Taiye Rufus Akinyele ,granted the pressmen when the crisis was on in 2016.... Antagonists should learn that we're in the jet age, where nothing is hidden.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 12:21am On Sep 20, 2018
Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan is a clown.. .. he lacks knowledge of history

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by 0balufonlll: 12:39am On Sep 20, 2018
Obalufon:
Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan is a clown.. .. he lacks knowledge of history

Thank you, baba. cool

Alale’fe a gbe ha, Olo’ mi.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 1:39am On Sep 20, 2018
0balufonlll:

Thank you, baba. cool

Alale’fe a gbe ha, Olo’ mi.

what do you think about that useless sowore too.. anyway that one is not even full yoruba na apoi ijaw extract..Yoruba should stop mixing their blood
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:01am On Sep 20, 2018
In 2017, information about the multiracial ethnic groups of ILORIN town was revisited. Fortunately, ‘Ilorin. info', covered the event, so that for those who believe that yoruba group is a Race, have a strong point.

‘ History has it that,Ilorin, at a point in time, was peopled almost exclusively by Yorubas,which is not in dispute. However, with the passage of time, the community became culturally multifarious following the influx of a multiplicity of other cultural and sub-cultural groups so much that by the time civil strife occurred between Afonja and Shehu Alimi`s Jama`a about 1807, the combined population of the Jama`a in Gambari, Fulani and Okesuna areas who were mainly non-Yorubas had greatly exceeded that of the Kakanfo`s compatriots who were confined to Idi-ape and its environs, including Dada.
It is incontrovertible, for instance, that at the time of Shehu alimi`s arrival in Ilorin, the area now called Alanamu and Ajikobi wards were sparsely inhabited. The areas were opened up later for settlement by some Yoruba members of the retinue which accompanied Shehu Alimi to Ilorin under the leadership of Usman and Se`eni who afterwards became Balogun Ajikobi and Balogun Alanamu respectively.
It was a massive influx of people of assorted cultural background, after Islamic governance had been firmly established, that conditioned the demographic size, composition and texture of Ilorin. With the resultant ethnic and cultural heterogeneity, Islam became the common denominator and the only unifying factor. It facilitated inter-mingling, socialization and integration among the various peoples.
Consequently, a unique Islamic culture, into which the diverse cultures melted, emerged. However, the infectious Yoruba language became the lingua franca.

The consequent submergence of all other languages into Yoruba gives an illusory impression of monolithic culture by obscuring the cultural pluralism inherent in the Emirate, particularly in Ilorin, where a substantial proportion of the indigenous population is anthropologically non-Yoruba.
For example, the following non-Yoruba families randomly sampled in the seemingly Yoruba-dominated “Oke Imole” no longer bear their original non-Yoruba identities. This illustrates the depth of cultural assimilation that has occurred and gives a deceptive impression of the ethno-cultural complexity of Ilorin.
The core families in Agbaji namely; Ile Saura, Ile Aburo, Ile Baba Sa`are, Ile Agoro and Ile Imam Agbaji were originally Sudanese Arabs from a town called Ar-Baji on the Blue Nile. So also were the ancestral parents of the people of Ile Ara-Agbaji at Masingba, Oke Imole. Ile Hejebu, Ile Singini, Ile Oloko, Ile Oniko, Ile Ada-Ara and Ile Majo are extensions of the core families in Agbaji'.

Those of us who know the truth understand the intricacies of human make up. The same way Latin as a people were suppressed by other people, who were of Greek and Latin origin became part of the Latin group. History has it that the name Latin belongs to the language which was spoken in Latium, which in turn was people by the Latins, which was a minority group in Iron Age Italy (which wasn't called Italy until the start of the Roman Empire in the first century BC). These Latins had come from the east, with a wave of Indo-European settlers who displaced much of the indigenous European peoples, such as the Celts, who were driven north of the Alps.
Despite some inevitable frictions between people groups, the cultural consistency of the Italian peninsula up until (and obviously after) the Roman conquest was remarkable. Rome was originally a small Latin city state, close to the much larger territory of the Etruscans. Rome's rise to power was initially opposed even by its fellow Latin tribes.

The ensuing Latin War was won by Rome, and Rome's subsequent realm of control is a remarkable testament to the power of synchronicity versus that of sheer numbers.
Latin became the lingua franca of millions of non-native speakers, and although it never truly replaced Greek (hence the Greek and not the Latin New Testament), its amazing conquest was not repeated until small bands of displaced Saxons and Jutes journeyed from Germania to Britain when the Romans evacuated it in 450 AD.

Those who don't know and pay no attention to yoruba history should verify the groups who make up Ilorin Town,through the screenshot

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
Ilorin always rewrite history to suit their Islamic religion and affiliation to the north they are Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by kayfra: 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hebrew heritage nikan ni. Sanskrit heritage nko?

Rubbish thread grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by absoluteSuccess: 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
kayfra:
Hebrew heritage nikan ni. Sanskrit heritage nko?

Rubbish thread grin

You are the only one posting 'rubbish' on this thread.

You do not have anything worthwhile to offer other than this,

'cause your consciousness dwell more on the words you use.

Do you have any other stupid theory and fantastic-fiction to post?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

this just cracked me up grin

It is better to respect yourself and respect yoruba ancestors by shutting up and learning what you don't know in Yoruba history than trying to create a fake persona of being an authority, what you cannot defend

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
MetaPhysical:

From bottom up, question and answer is normal, debating points is normal, disputing a theory to get clarification is normal in the exercise to uncover what remains hidden. What is not normal is pushing a thought or even methodology as the only acceptable means by which hidden history can be uncovered, and when such assertion is opposed you guys resort to labels and antagonism. This is unacceptable.

Should Oyo Aremo commission a historian to come and tell him about the history of his land, or is the arokin sufficient to narrate the lores and deeds of his ancestors and their land to him? You guys almost at the point of ruling that no Yoruba can inquire about his ancestry without first consulting an historian. Ridiculous!

Katsumoto and Terra did not initiate these discussions on origin. They joined the discussion. My point is, where are the historians and linguists all along, how come you never take initiatives to open inquisition but you act as spoilers to the quest made by those you call non-professionals.

Even as we speak we cannot point to one thread any of you opened to act as the lighthouse to navigate us safely through the course to Yoruba roots. Thats a disservice to Yoruba.

The placement of Yoruba as an indigeneous is as unrooted as its placement as a migrant. Neither is IleIfe as the ancestral home more acceptable than Nineveh. You will have to give us air-tight scientific proof (excluding oral history) that shows Ile Ife is the first landing for mankind anywhere on the globe. While you are at it produce the genealogy of Obatala upward to the first being of creation. As linguists you all ought to know that language is dynamic and through attrition and territorial conflicts shifts in human population result in language displacements. There is no place of ancient origin today that speaks the original language it birthed with. IleIfe cannot be an exception. So what was the founding language in Ife on the day it was created? What was the society like, how did they worship?

A lot of questions...most of the answers to them accessible through oral examination.

The solution to the problem is simple

Just as macof and 0balufonIII have said, provide your methodology and test it with other samples

Like I already showed, the word match up some have done here in attempt to link Yoruba to Hebrew can be done with any two different people. I did same with Yoruba - Japanese and Yoruba - English. So what exactly is the system you use that wouldn't backfire?
That is the reason some say Egypt, some say Hebrew and some like you say Arab, some even mention a mix of different people as the original yorubas

If some yorubas look at China. They will find Yoruba connection, same for Aztec, same for Indians

All due to a belief that you can be an expert with a lack of proper training

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

Your point here proofs that you went to school to actualize your ego and not to be educated. You are here, you have the education but unable to solve the simplest problem like an educated problem: hence you failed to quote the works of scholars you may be referring to in high esteem if any, but alas, wikipedia hold your proof of Yoruba history and tradition, an unknown authority for such an erudite.

Now your education has failed. You have the ego but the problem persists, it means you are an egocentric, problematic person who missed the opportunity that education offers for this kind of educated problems for 'tantrum answers' because you failed at 'educated answers'. Practice what you preach sir, show the proof of your education and refinement by your enlightening contributions.

Did you know of Occam's razor? you don't need to invent new, weir theory when a simple, common sense answer already exist. You don't need to go for a degree course to make sense of your cultural tradition before you understand its historical implication. It is the simplest, common sense answers that has the truth, not the endless search that you boast of but can never present.

You are definitely sick, why don't you entertain the next word to that iberu? What you have in that context is 'Ojo-beru' but the 'iberu' meaning 'hebrew' is a collateral damage to you. You are a fault finder per excellent. Why not dwell on Ojo and teach people what they never know, dark soul. You will always miss the opportunity to be relevant in life trying hard to pull people down and make up grave allegations against them because they do not share your sentiments.

I will still teach you what you never know in that 'transliteration'. Remind me how the phrase 'Iberu-b'ojo' (iberu begot Ojo) became a metaphor in Yoruba and I will teach you. You are not a man of any revelation, how would you grasp the enigmatic aspect of Yoruba history? That's the key to understanding Yoruba 'ambiguity at metaphorical level'. When I say a man 'has been called to the bar', it (the bar) might mean 'Madam Basira Oguro Bar', it is me that hold the understanding of the bar I'm referring to, not you, "a'i siwaju eleede p'eede". But quickly you ran to macof the beast's post to copy grammar. Must one break figures of speech to morphemes and syllables too? cheesy cheesy cheesy

How has the school helped your personal development? It can never be said that you have answers upon all you have studied so far, for countless knowledge are still behind the confines of the four walls of the classroom. Learning was never absolutely subjected to the faculty of social sciences alone, you can pioneer new studies and carve a niche in a new field of interest with basic education, so don't bring your limitations to me. I am not the same as you.

Share them if you are not blind to them.

This is all the problem you have and I believe you are the one who must check your phobia.

Well, paradigm-shift is a word in popular demand. Only a fool says he has engaged his time with an unemployed, untrained fellow. Only a fool of the first order makes language classification 'the Roseta Stone' that nail his ancestor's thousand years of history as a classification of 'Volta-Niger language under the larger Niger - Congo' group of languages. All 'Wuruwuru to the answer' professionals.

You know my failure has become proverbial on nairaland, but at least you know I'm learning by failing. You fail when you are learning in life and it offers you an opportunity to begin afresh more intelligently. Have you ever failed at anything in life?

Let school go through you too.

Thanks, but you are none of the above: neither a fraud nor an expert. You are a fraud chaser and expert praiser. You can never be any of the two, meanwhile whom you claim to be fraud has already started building his career in that field with baby steps.

Bringing others to your weak subjection is all you do best as an inventor. Please don’t work hard to twist peoples point for cheap gains; it exposes you as a fool struggling to blackmail others to escape your need for telling your side of the story.

All you needed to do to throw me and Prof. Olu out of balance is to simply take the same cognate and give us the Japanese word that rhymes with the Hebrew/Yoruba words, so we have a Hebrew/Yoruba/Japanese words, all three meaning the same thing and sounding similar and then there would be a confusion of which one to take serious or to believe as the origin out of the three.

Until then, your cleverness remains what it is, foolishness. It will never become wisdom around here.

Let me help you sir

Let’s say you want to proof that A+A is not equal to 2A but A2, But instead you were saying if A+A equals to 2A (to me and Olu), then A+B is equal to nothing to you. You have simply introduced new denomination of an evidence to butress your point, but you don’t know how to harness it, because you can’t think without some fixed, ready-made terms and answers.

a+a = 2a, falsify or prove the equation wrong within the confines of the argument itself, or introduce a new factor, a+a(a+c)=0. Then proof your point in that context, instead of going out of range that if a+a=2a, then a+x=0=axa.

Key: a+a Yoruba-hebrew words; a+c, Yoruba-Japanese words.

If you have the sense of perception of your people's praise and glory, you will be promoting and defending it, but you can't because you do not have the faculty to exermine the praise and glory of your people beside witch-hunting people who do. May your curses go back to you.

Another senseless long post full of nothing but insults and personal attacks rather than deal with proving your own claims

If I reply this post with the words you deserve, metaphysical and BabaRamota1980 will say I insulted someone grin

Online forum is where you can say what you like, in the big real world you cannot, so enjoy it, that's all you have
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2018
Obalufon:

You are a marauder Damn 3000yrs ago ibo slit with the pygmies Bantu scientifically proven not yoruba ..i will show you 5000yrs relics in Ife
Whats with the name calling all of you are into grin I'm a marauder now? Do you even know what marauder means?

Igbo split with Pygmies 3000yrs ago is scientifically proven?
5000 yrs relics in Ife?
Do show me
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
absoluteSuccess:

Bro,ignore these people because they are inconsequential to what's at stake, so stop quoting them because they know nothing than the detail that filled the internet. Once you have any knowledge to share, kindly let's see them.

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
OlaoChi:

Whats with the name calling all of you are into grin I'm a marauder now? Do you even know what marauder means?

Igbo split with Pygmies 3000yrs ago is scientifically proven?
5000 yrs relics in Ife?
Do show me

...igbo split with pygmies 3000yrs.. laughing i 've given you a close match something to ponder about the bantu pygmies of congo.. so stay off the Yoruba

attached is pictures of ibo women .comparing this people to us is so degrading ..we are different from you ..study your history please

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
mursi is different from Oromo or masai , mossi is different from hausa ..Yoruba is different from Ibos
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2018
ibos are the real jews .. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
OlaoChi:

Another senseless long post full of nothing but insults and personal attacks rather than deal with proving your own claims

If I reply this post with the words you deserve, metaphysical and BabaRamota1980 will say I insulted someone grin

Online forum is where you can say what you like, in the big real world you cannot, so enjoy it, that's all you have

ibos are jews
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2018
As we have been told through archeology finding on the discovery of The Iwo Eleru burial, which was excavated from the Iwo Eleru rock shelter, south-western Nigeria, in 1965 by Thurstan Shaw and his team.

The skeleton, preserving a calvaria, mandible and some postcranial remains, was found at a depth between 82 and 100 cm from the surface in an undisturbed Later Stone Age (hereafter LSA) context. Radiocarbon analysis of charcoal from the immediate vicinity of the burial resulted in an age estimate of 11,200±200 BP (∼13 ka calibrated).

The skull was reconstructed and studied by Brothwell , who linked it to recent West African populations, though he recognized that its lower vault and frontal profile were unusual, and that the mandible was robust.

The specimen is complete along the entire midline from nasion to beyond opisthocranion. Although it slightly asymmetric it shows no major distortions and the relatively well preserved mandible constrains its basal breadth. A preliminary multivariate analysis of cranial measurements by Peter Andrews,who suggested that the Iwo Eleru specimen was distinct from recent yoruba African groups

As we can see, yoruba ancestors didn't lived in south western Nigeria as claimed by some people 10,000 years ago but migrated to this part of the world less than 4000 years even through archeology finding because there is no archeology finding to support yoruba ancestors existed in this part of Nigeria 4000 years ago.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2018
Obalufon:

...igbo split with pygmies 3000yrs.. laughing i 've given you a close match something to ponder about the bantu pygmies of congo.. so stay off the Yoruba

attached is pictures of ibo women .comparing this people to us is so degrading ..we are different from you ..study your history please
as expected you have no proof, what's it with nairaland and bogus claims? this forum is filled with potential comedians grin only sad thing is you all are actually serious about what you say

I should stay off Yoruba? Come and take me off. Lmao so it is comparing Yoruba to Hebrews that is uplifting? grin. People will just say Yoruba have no history and need to attach to others for relevance, that is more degrading

Btw I'm not igbo, you seem obsessed with igbos
And instead of telling me to study history, you should take your own advice, you obviously don't know the first thing about your own family history talk less of Yoruba history in general

PS. Pygmies aren't even Bantu grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
Obalufon:

ibos are jews

I thought you said yorubas are jews before

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
Olu317:
As we have been told through archeology finding on the discovery of The Iwo Eleru burial, which was excavated from the Iwo Eleru rock shelter, south-western Nigeria, in 1965 by Thurstan Shaw and his team.

The skeleton, preserving a calvaria, mandible and some postcranial remains, was found at a depth between 82 and 100 cm from the surface in an undisturbed Later Stone Age (hereafter LSA) context. Radiocarbon analysis of charcoal from the immediate vicinity of the burial resulted in an age estimate of 11,200±200 BP (∼13 ka calibrated).

The skull was reconstructed and studied by Brothwell , who linked it to recent West African populations, though he recognized that its lower vault and frontal profile were unusual, and that the mandible was robust.

The specimen is complete along the entire midline from nasion to beyond opisthocranion. Although it slightly asymmetric it shows no major distortions and the relatively well preserved mandible constrains its basal breadth. A preliminary multivariate analysis of cranial measurements by Peter Andrews,who suggested that the Iwo Eleru specimen was distinct from recent yoruba African groups

As we can see, yoruba ancestors didn't lived in south western Nigeria as claimed by some people 10,000 years ago but migrated to this part of the world less than 4000 years even through archeology finding because there is no archeology finding to support yoruba ancestors existed in this part of Nigeria 4000 years ago.

Sorry brother i don't believe the white on this We need the DNA result of Iwo Eleru skull to confirm their claim and more excavation of ile-ife .. ile-ife is the source of all living being . Orisun gbogbo omo adariwurun

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
OlaoChi:
as expected you have no proof, what's it with nairaland and bogus claims? this forum is filled with potential comedians grin only sad thing is you all are actually serious about what you say

I should stay off Yoruba? Come and take me off. Lmao so it is comparing Yoruba to Hebrews that is uplifting? grin. People will just say Yoruba have no history and need to attach to others for relevance, that is more degrading

Btw I'm not igbo, you seem obsessed with igbos
And instead of telling me to study history, you should take your own advice, you obviously don't know the first thing about your own family history talk less of Yoruba history in general

PS. Pygmies aren't even Bantu grin

bantu or pygmies you can restrict that to your own people ..i guess you are product of cross breed between the bantu and the pygmies
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
OlaoChi:

I thought you said yorubas are jews before

you love the feelings of ibo being a jew.. i
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
PYGMY

The term " pygmoid" is a traditional morphological racial category for the Central African Pygmies, considered a subgroup of the Negroid category.
The African Pygmies , who were the hunter-gatherers of the Congo basin (comprising the Bambenga,Bambuti and Batwa)etc

Furthermore the term "Asiatic Pygmies" has been used of the Negrito populations of Maritime Southeast Asia and other Australoid peoples of short stature.
The T'rung (Taron) of Myanmar are an exceptional case of a "pygmy" population of East Asian phenotype.

In anthropology, pygmy peoples are ethnic groups whose average height is unusually short. The term pygmyism is used to describe the phenotype of endemic short stature (as opposed to disproportionate dwarfism occurring in isolated cases in a population) for populations in which adult men are on average less than 150 cm (4 ft 11 in) tall . The Pygmies are hunters-gatherers living in small seminomadic bands in the rainforest, and they are generally much shorter than their Bantu neighbors.

COMMON ORIGIN OF PYGMIES AND BANTUS grin

The Bantu people were said to be domicile in Nigeria for thousands of years but as at 5,000 years ago, after acquiring an advanced knowledge of hunter gatherers through the pygmies, they started moving out of the region of Nigeria grin and Cameroon into eastern, central and southern Africa and fused with Pygmies .

A team from CNRS and the Institut Pasteur, working with researchers in bioinformatics, ethnolinguistics, and epidemiology, suggests that Central African Pygmies and Bantus, two physically very different ethnic groups, branched out from a common ancestral population some 70,000 years ago.

The term “Bantu” applies to all African populations in whose language the word “bantu” means man grin. In the 1960s, it became a general label for over 400 ethnic groups spread all over sub-Saharan Africa. And Bantus are mainly rural farmers and sedentary herders.

But scientists will not stop at such an obvious difference. A CNRS-Pasteur team studied the difference between Bantu and Pygmy populations by looking at differences in mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) 4 in the two groups. Why mtDNA rather than nuclear DNA? Because mtDNA, unlike nuclear DNA, is transmitted only through the female lineage. Similarities in mtDNA sequences thus imply descent from the same maternal ancestor.

The population sample analyzed was made up of 1500 individuals from 20 Bantu-speaking farmer populations and 9 hunter-gatherer Pygmy populations from Gabon, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Western Africa was chosen because it is one of the few regions where both populations coexist.

The researchers identified an ancestral and autochthonous lineage of mtDNA shared by Pygmies and Bantus, suggesting that both populations were originally one, and that they started to diverge from common ancestors around 70,000 years ago. After a period of isolation, during which current phenotype differences between Pygmies and Bantu farmers accumulated, Pygmy women started marrying male Bantu farmers (but not the opposite).

This trend started around 40,000 years ago, and continued until several thousand years ago. Subsequently, the Pygmy gene pool was not enriched by external gene influxes. The Bantu farmers’ gene pool, on the contrary, was enriched during the so-called “Bantu expansions,” an event corresponding to technological, demographic, and linguistic advances in the late Stone Age.

Most recently a very fascinating and relevant study came out in 2017. Basing itself on the ancient DNA remains (genome wide) of 16 Africans it stated that:

But also that:

“ present-day western Africans harbor ancestry from a basal African lineage that
contributed more to the Mende than it did to the Yoruba “. (Skoglund et al., 2017

In all these, yoruba do not possess any DNA link with pygmies nor have ancestry that's archaic from basal African Basin .. grin . And I hope the Bantus descendants know themselves.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2018
Obalufon:

bantu or pygmies you can restrict that to your own people ..i guess you are product of cross breed between the bantu and the pygmies

LMAO grin this guy really thinks anyone who KNOWS yoruba and Igbo share a common origin must be an igbo person, you must think all yorubas are unlearned

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2018
Obalufon:

Sorry brother i don't believe the white on this We need the DNA result of Iwo Eleru skull to confirm their claim and more excavation of ile-ife .. ile-ife is the source of all living being . Orisun gbogbo omo adariwurun
Bro, the white don't care about youruba opinion but evidence. There is no proven evidence to support this even if I don't doubt the yorubas claim as the beginning of mankind even if other people claimed it. But where is the evidence of yorubas? Scientific analysis on the skull showed the skull belonged to different and non yoruba ancestors

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (97) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.