Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (135112 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2018
OlaoChi:

LMAO grin this guy really thinks anyone who KNOWS yoruba and Igbo share a common origin must be an igbo person, you must think all yorubas are unlearned

unlearned wow that's interesting .. gloat and pride yourself in your ignorance . you must think all yorubas are unlearned ? what are you insinuating ..
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
c'mon origin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:57pm On Sep 20, 2018
Olu317:
PYGMY

The term " pygmoid" is a traditional morphological racial category for the Central African Pygmies, considered a subgroup of the Negroid category.
The African Pygmies , who were the hunter-gatherers of the Congo basin (comprising the Bambenga,Bambuti and Batwa)etc

Furthermore the term "Asiatic Pygmies" has been used of the Negrito populations of Maritime Southeast Asia and other Australoid peoples of short stature.
The T'rung (Taron) of Myanmar are an exceptional case of a "pygmy" population of East Asian phenotype.

In anthropology, pygmy peoples are ethnic groups whose average height is unusually short. The term pygmyism is used to describe the phenotype of endemic short stature (as opposed to disproportionate dwarfism occurring in isolated cases in a population) for populations in which adult men are on average less than 150 cm (4 ft 11 in) tall . The Pygmies are hunters-gatherers living in small seminomadic bands in the rainforest, and they are generally much shorter than their Bantu neighbors.

COMMON ORIGIN OF PYGMIES AND BANTUS grin

The Bantu people were said to be domicile in Nigeria for thousands of years but as at 5,000 years ago, after acquiring an advanced knowledge of hunter gatherers through the pygmies, they started moving out of the region of Nigeria grin and Cameroon into eastern, central and southern Africa and fused with Pygmies .

A team from CNRS and the Institut Pasteur, working with researchers in bioinformatics, ethnolinguistics, and epidemiology, suggests that Central African Pygmies and Bantus, two physically very different ethnic groups, branched out from a common ancestral population some 70,000 years ago.

The term “Bantu” applies to all African populations in whose language the word “bantu” means man grin. In the 1960s, it became a general label for over 400 ethnic groups spread all over sub-Saharan Africa. And Bantus are mainly rural farmers and sedentary herders.

But scientists will not stop at such an obvious difference. A CNRS-Pasteur team studied the difference between Bantu and Pygmy populations by looking at differences in mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) 4 in the two groups. Why mtDNA rather than nuclear DNA? Because mtDNA, unlike nuclear DNA, is transmitted only through the female lineage. Similarities in mtDNA sequences thus imply descent from the same maternal ancestor.

The population sample analyzed was made up of 1500 individuals from 20 Bantu-speaking farmer populations and 9 hunter-gatherer Pygmy populations from Gabon, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Western Africa was chosen because it is one of the few regions where both populations coexist.

The researchers identified an ancestral and autochthonous lineage of mtDNA shared by Pygmies and Bantus, suggesting that both populations were originally one, and that they started to diverge from common ancestors around 70,000 years ago. After a period of isolation, during which current phenotype differences between Pygmies and Bantu farmers accumulated, Pygmy women started marrying male Bantu farmers (but not the opposite).

This trend started around 40,000 years ago, and continued until several thousand years ago. Subsequently, the Pygmy gene pool was not enriched by external gene influxes. The Bantu farmers’ gene pool, on the contrary, was enriched during the so-called “Bantu expansions,” an event corresponding to technological, demographic, and linguistic advances in the late Stone Age.

Most recently a very fascinating and relevant study came out in 2017. Basing itself on the ancient DNA remains (genome wide) of 16 Africans it stated that:

But also that:

“ present-day western Africans harbor ancestry from a basal African lineage that
contributed more to the Mende than it did to the Yoruba “. (Skoglund et al., 2017

In all these, yoruba do not possess any DNA link with pygmies nor have ancestry that's archaic from basal African Basin .. grin . And I hope the Bantus descendants know themselves.

we are not fucking bantoid or bantu ...we are different.. i know bantu people
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2018
Obalufon:

grin grin The Bantu descendants are the ones saying thrash about yoruba ancestors. But thank God, that even Oyinbo said yoruba are not Bantu group or related to them. Kindly help me tell them dear bro.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by RedboneSmith(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2018
For the umpteenth time, why do people on this forum tend to think being Bantu is a negative thing?

I've encountered people here throwing the word 'Bantu' at their perceived enemies as if it is supposed to be some kind of insult. I don't get that.

And secondly: Why do some of you keep saying 'Bantus are not related to y'all at all'? The Bantu migrations took off from West Africa. Bantu languages belong to the Niger-Congo phylum like many (if not most) West African languages. Prominent exceptions being Hausa (which is Afro-Asiatic) and Kanuri and Songhai (which are Nilo-Saharan). Which means that on some level, at some very distant time in the past, all of you on this post who are not Hausa or Kanuri or Songhai shared relationship with the ancestors of the Bantu peoples.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
Yoruba are not bantu Bantu are forest people ..Some oral history source claim We came to our present abode due to great war from the east
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 6:03am On Sep 22, 2018
Mr. RedboneSmith

It seems you don't read through what I posted or you think I framed it from the thin air? Go read, you will refuse. Learn from the open minded who have exclusive information on west Africa multicultural ethnicity but you will still ignore? No wonder you claimed ,‘Songhai ', as an ethnicity.

It is only the ignorant and unstudied will see your post and acknowledge it because no one ever said Bantu has a negative undertone as an ethnicity. But reality and correct historical information is what we,‘ the realist ' and not, ‘the 'idealist' as you and your like mind . I have said it several times, that a simple field interview will help you out on this your claim.

Kindly visit any yoruba enclave and ask for their lineage and see the incoherent statement with the reality. Yoruba Ancestors were never Bantu because Genetic studies did not support it. Funny enough, nearly all West Africa blood sample have been studied to know the probable DNA link groups. Yoruba did not develop from Central Nigeria but if you insist, then it is the right time for you to teach us, where ILEIFE started from, ‘NOK' culture.

Do you know Keloid as a disease had been eternal within Yoruba tradition?Infact, it was seen as the handiwork of the devil. Can this be said in your IBO or Bantu tradition? Do you know the scientific postulation by western researchers about human being evolution from ape kind of phase development to a standard humanoid has a myth-Legend in Yoruba tradition? Plainly, there is a group in West Africa that Yoruba legend claimed, that this people's ancestors developed from ape lineage to become human .Is this not enough for you to see yoruba were advance in science?

Below was a research that was released in 2017 ,so what is your point Mr. ?

Most recently a very fascinating and relevant study came out in 2017. Basing itself on the ancient DNA remains (genome wide) of 16 Africans it stated that:

“ present-day western Africans harbor ancestry from a basal African lineage that
contributed more to the Mende than it did to the Yoruba “. (Skoglund et al., 2017)

The above statement said even the Mende people that was found to be unique in West Africa had an older basal African ancestry lineage that contributed more to Mended than Yoruba people. Does this look like Yoruba developed from Bantu?

Kindly shun this idea of yours.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 11:17am On Sep 22, 2018
Olu317:
Mr. RedboneSmith

It seems you don't read through what I posted or you think I framed it from the thin air? Go read, you will refuse. Learn from the open minded who have exclusive information on west Africa multicultural ethnicity but you will still ignore? No wonder you claimed ,‘Songhai ', as an ethnicity.

It is only the ignorant and unstudied will see your post and acknowledge it because no one ever said Bantu has a negative undertone as an ethnicity. But reality and correct historical information is what we,‘ the realist ' and not, ‘the 'idealist' as you and your like mind . I have said it several times, that a simple field interview will help you out on this your claim.

Kindly visit any yoruba enclave and ask for their lineage and see the incoherent statement with the reality. Yoruba Ancestors were never Bantu because Genetic studies did not support it. Funny enough, nearly all West Africa blood sample have been studied to know the probable DNA link groups. Yoruba did not develop from Central Nigeria but if you insist, then it is the right time for you to teach us, where ILEIFE started from, ‘NOK' culture.

Do you know Keloid as a disease had been eternal within Yoruba tradition?Infact, it was seen as the handiwork of the devil. Can this be said in your IBO or Bantu tradition? Do you know the scientific postulation by western researchers about human being evolution from ape kind of phase development to a standard humanoid has a myth-Legend in Yoruba tradition? Plainly, there is a group in West Africa that Yoruba legend claimed, that this people's ancestors developed from ape lineage to become human .Is this not enough for you to see yoruba were advance in science?

contributed more to the Mende than it did to the Yoruba “. (Skoglund et al., 2017)

The above statement said even the Mende people that was found to be unique in West Africa had an older basal African ancestry lineage that contributed more to Mended than Yoruba people. Does this look like Yoruba developed from Bantu?

grin grin grin grin.
You are not intelligent at all

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 11:28am On Sep 22, 2018
Obalufon:

unlearned wow that's interesting .. gloat and pride yourself in your ignorance . you must think all yorubas are unlearned ? what are you insinuating ..
Every learned person knows that Yoruba and Igbo share a common origin
Accusing anybody who knows this fact to be igbo or mixed with igbo means you are insinuating yorubas are incapable of learning, you might have a learning disorder but not all yorubas reject facts
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by RedboneSmith(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
Olu317:
Mr. RedboneSmith

LMAO. I happen to be a lecturer, and I grade scores of answer sheets that look like this comment every semester. Students who write the type of thing you've written here always wonder why they fail exams despite being (in their own minds) "very eloquent".

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2018
OlaoChi:

Accusing anybody who knows this fact to be igbo or mixed with igbo means you are insinuating yorubas are incapable of learning, you might have a learning disorder but not all yorubas reject facts

we are not cannibals please .. ibo is different from yoruba ..genetically and anthropologically you people are different from us . ibos skin texture is different from yorubas skin ...our genetics aging attrition is different from ibos ..you are forest breed... no clothing culture.. look more to Cameroon that is where your people are please..ibo boy why are you trying to force yourself on us ..we are different get that straight into your thick skull

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2018
Obalufon:

we are not cannibals please .. ibo is different from yoruba ..genetically and anthropologically you people are different from us . ibos skin texture is different from yorubas skin ...our genetics aging attrition is different from ibos ..you are forest breed... no clothing culture.. look more to Cameroon that is where your people are please..ibo boy why are you trying to force yourself on us ..we are different get that straight into your thick skull

I'm more Yoruba than you so don't trip. You that don't know your family history, asking olu of all people to teach you your family history grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 5:02pm On Sep 22, 2018
OlaoChi:

I'm more Yoruba than you so don't trip. You that don't know your family history, asking olu of all people to teach you your family history grin

you are not yoruba with all the negative stuff you post online about yoruba on ""Why Do Yorubas Keep Attacking Igbos For Mass Migration Into South West? thread you created to rubbish yoruba the deity of our land will chop your eyes deep in your retarded brain ...I know nothing even Socrates says he knows he knows nothing Likewise Orunmila....If you want to learn you have to detach yourself from all you've known .
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2018
Obalufon:

you are not yoruba with all the negative stuff you post online about yoruba on ""Why Do Yorubas Keep Attacking Igbos For Mass Migration Into South West? thread you created to rubbish yoruba the deity of our land will chop your eyes deep in your retarded brain ...I know nothing even Socrates says he knows he knows nothing Likes Orunmila....If you want to learn you have to detach yourself from all you've known .
grin grin
I am more Yoruba than you. deal with it!
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2018
RedboneSmith:

LMAO. I happen to be a lecturer, and I grade scores of answer sheets that look like this comment every semester. Students who write the type of thing you've written here always wonder why they fail exams despite being (in their own minds) "very eloquent".
I don't get your point of your claim being a lecturer because whatever you've learned didn't conform with reality. So, how does this solve the information I posted? But I can say there is room for knowledge acquisition. So, Google the journal to learn more about Bantu and pygmies DNA in Africa.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
OlaoChi:
grin grin
I am more Yoruba than you. deal with it!

in your dreams..
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MayorofLagos(m): 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2018
Obalufon:

Are you aware, Obalufon, that the present Ibo tribe is a migrant from the Central African Zone? All the attributes by which you can make comparison, i.e physical features (particularly muscular density), language, worship, culture, cuisine, art, all these characteristics the Ibo and the Bantu and Pygymy all possess in common? Now im not surprised at all with what Olu put up there about the DNA strata which scientifically excludes Yoruba as a aboriginal stock. What linguists and historians refuse to accept, science will compel it as a universal truth.

Yoruba is AfroAsiatic.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MayorofLagos(m): 11:11pm On Sep 22, 2018
RedboneSmith:
For the umpteenth time, why do people on this forum tend to think being Bantu is a negative thing?

I've encountered people here throwing the word 'Bantu' at their perceived enemies as if it is supposed to be some kind of insult. I don't get that.

And secondly: Why do some of you keep saying 'Bantus are not related to y'all at all'? The Bantu migrations took off from West Africa. Bantu languages belong to the Niger-Congo phylum like many (if not most) West African languages. Prominent exceptions being Hausa (which is Afro-Asiatic) and Kanuri and Songhai (which are Nilo-Saharan). Which means that on some level, at some very distant time in the past, all of you on this post who are not Hausa or Kanuri or Songhai shared relationship with the ancestors of the Bantu peoples.

Focus on what science said. If we start saying Yoruba is not Bantu now you guys will say to prove it. Get with the scientific fact. This is the new mainstream of quest to unlock the past.

Now on people having negative attitude about Bantu, there is an unconscious impulse in the spirit of man to excel. The excellence is tied to survival and life. This impulse is exercised through discrimination between himself and others; he views competition as a threat to his right to life and survival. When the sense of discrimination kicks in it can be brutal....include maintaining a sense of superiority. It is all human, there is nothing morally or ethically wrong with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MayorofLagos(m): 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2018
Obalufon:
Yoruba are not bantu Bantu are forest people ..Some oral history source claim We came to our present abode due to great war from the east

Do you subscribe to that oral history? Give us the full account of this "EAST". grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MayorofLagos(m): 11:18pm On Sep 22, 2018
OlaoChi:

Where was their common origin?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by RedboneSmith(m): 3:51am On Sep 23, 2018
MayorofLagos:

If we start saying Yoruba is not Bantu now you guys will say to prove it.

What are you even talking about? Yoruba is NOT Bantu. Why would anyone ask you to prove that they are not?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 9:20am On Sep 23, 2018
So, redbonesmith you can crack? I had thought you are the pioneer genetist that proofed yoruba aren't afroasiatic grin but Bantu. Anyway, I leave you to your aboriginal claim that is far from the truth because the history of Yoruba that is beyond West Africa is absolutely true.

Perhaps, you can proof the 8% ghost DNA in other West Africa ethnic groups in the same manner that such 8% ghost DNA were found in Yorubas .

Mind you, yoruba being married to Ibos,Ika, Igodo, If, Fon, Wolof,Fulanis,Arabs,Jukun,Igala,Borgu etc is not at all a recent development so no cause for alarm. As it is seemingly true, Yoruba don't have anything known as hatred against one, but fact is being stated here.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by RedboneSmith(m): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2018
Olu317:
I had thought you are the pioneer genetist that proofed yoruba aren't afroasiatic grin but Bantu.

*Sigh* And they keep saying stuff no one here ever said. This is harder than trying to talk to a wall.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2018
RedboneSmith:

*Sigh* And they keep saying stuff no one here ever said. This is harder than trying to talk to a wall.

Haaa grin my friend, don't blame me because your opinion tilted toward such perspective. After all, you condemn my post where I posted some research work which part of the research was released in 2017.

And you once posited that some people opined being related to Bantu was seen as wrong .Let's be honest bro with each other. You categorically claimed only Hausa is Afroasia and unified the rest group into one West Africa's same ancestry. Unfortunately for your statement, Hausa don't have any word closely related to Hebrew's,‘or', word for, ‘sun' as it is same with Yoruba's, ‘orún' for, ‘sun'. So kindly ponder seriously over your view before you post online because it might boomerang .Some of us are vastly read than you. Furthermore, Fon, Ibos, Aka, Guess, Gbe, Wolof, Idu, Hausa, Fulani, Borgu, Gwari, Jukun, Mende, Bantu, Igala(despite Igala shared lexicon with Yoruba do not use such word for sun) etc don't share such very important word in Yoruba lexicon.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 11:53am On Sep 23, 2018
MayorofLagos:

Where was their common origin?

it is clear that you Hebrew wannabes lack intelligence and comprehension. You don't know what bantu is, you don't know what language classification is, and you don't know what common origin means
A pity that you are just embarrassing Yoruba people in general as all of you usually act as foremost Yoruba ambassadors on this forum
Maybe before picking up that persona you should have learned Yoruba history

But to answer your question

.The Yoruba group is assumed to have developed out of undifferentiated Volta–Niger populations along the Niger Benue confluence by the 1st millennium BC. Settlements of early Yoruba speakers are assumed to correspond to those found in the wider Niger area from about the 4th century BC, especially at Ife
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 11:56am On Sep 23, 2018
Olu317:
Haaa grin my friend, don't blame me because your opinion tilted toward such perspective. After all, you condemn my post where I posted some research work which part of the research was released in 2017.

And you once posited that some people opined being related to Bantu was seen as wrong .Let's be honest bro with each other. You categorically claimed only Hausa is Afroasia and unified the rest group into one West Africa's same ancestry. So kindly ponder seriously over your view before you post online because it might boomerang .

SMH. *face-palm
How can somebody lack sense like this

West Africans are related to Bantu, how does that mean West Africans ARE Bantu
"related" "are the same" two different things. Gosh! Someone has to spell it out for you, and I'm sure you still don't comprehend. Smh
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
OlaoChi:

SMH. *face-palm
How can somebody lack sense like this

West Africans are related to Bantu, how does that mean West Africans ARE Bantu
"related" "are the same" two different things. Gosh! Someone has to spell it out for you, and I'm sure you still don't comprehend. Smh

Mr bantoid .. we are not bantu..okay .. stick that to your hairy bantu arse

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2018
Obalufon,

there is a mystical Hill place in Oke Idanre ,where a leg's spot is and this leg's spot can fit into any leg size once anyone put his or her leg on it. Furthermore, there is also an ancient ARK in this place called ARK of Nuah(Ókó Nùwà). Perhaps, you can visit this place, for sight seeing.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by OlaoChi: 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
Obalufon:

if you still think I ever said Yoruba are bantu you need to go back to primary 3
Your intelligence level is too bad

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
Obalufon:

Yoruba aren't Bantoid as the ignorants had thought. Infact, NO IFA and its16 ODUS, NO YORUBA....IFA was and still THE PATH OF YORUBAS..

BANTU don't know anything CALLED IFA because it is not part of their tradition,except a Yoruba migrants of IFA apprenticeship or Bà Àwo find himself in another land for only reason known to Èlèdúùmàrè.

The uniqueness of Yoruba is unequal with these west Africa group because Yoruba are immigrant and conquerors, through their science and spiritual knowledge.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2018
Olu317:
Obalufon,

there is a mystical Hill place in Oke Idanre ,where a leg's spot is and this leg's spot can fit into any leg size once anyone put his or her leg on it. Furthermore, there is also an ancient ARK in this place called ARK of Nuah(Ókó Nùwà). Perhaps, you can visit this place, for sight seeing.
thanks brother
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2018
Olu317:
Yoruba aren't Bantoid as the ignorants had thought. Infact, NO IFA and its16 ODUS, NO YORUBA....IFA was and still THE PATH OF YORUBAS..

BANTU don't know anything CALLED IFA because it is not part of their tradition,except a Yoruba migrants of IFA apprenticeship or Bà Àwo find himself in another land for only reason known to Èlèdúùmàrè.

The uniqueness of Yoruba is unequal with these west Africa group because Yoruba are immigrant and conquerors, through their science and spiritual knowledge.

bantu are naked people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (97) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.