Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,967 members, 7,806,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage - Culture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (135087 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 5:25am On Dec 27, 2019
macof:

Accomplishment is not "having semitic origin"

Yoruba don't need to deluded herself with semitic origin to feel accomplished
It is inferiority complex to do so

you are not a yoruba man Macof

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 1:24pm On Dec 27, 2019
Obalufon:

grin
Ok I'm Chinese right?

And it's a Hebrew wannabe like you that is cheesy
Talk about mental health problems
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by nlPoster: 6:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
macof:

the Oyo who are considered younger than more Eastern Yoruba subgroups

Obalufon:

Oyo younger than eastern Yoruba subgroup ?

The historical narrative says Oyo came from Ife originally.

In my opinion, the language might be what's considered younger, not the people. Just guessing.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
macof:
grin grin grin
Ignorance is a disease. grin grin cheesy
Ferdinand de Saussure,says, ‘the surest way to prove a cultural contact between peoples is to adduce linguistic evidence', (Ferdinand de Saussure (1972) General HISTORY OF Africa).

See the table below.
EGYPT and YORUBA Cognates

1. Egypt: Wu (rise) Wu (rise)

2. Egypt: Eurea (python/ Serpent)
Yoruba :Ere (Python / Serpent)

3. Egypt: Horise (a great god)
Yoruba: Orisha(defied god/head/creator)

4.Egypt: Ged (to chant)
Yoruba: Igede (a chant)

4. Egypt : Ta (sell / offer)
Yoruba Ta (sell/offer)

5.Egypt: Sueg (a fool)
Yoruba: Suegbe (a fool)

6. Egypt: Kum (a club)
Yoruba:Kumo( a club)

7. Egypt: Enru (fear / terrible)
Yoruba: Eru (fear / terrible

8. Egypt: Odonit (festival)
Yoruba:Odon (festival)

9. Egypt: Ma or mi (to breath)
Yoruba: Mi. (to breathe)

10. Egypt: Khu (to kill)
Yoruba Ku (die)

11. Egypt: Hika (evil)
Yoruba: Ika (evil)

12. Egypt: Unas (lake of fire)
Yoruba: Una (fire)

13..Egypt: Tan (complete)
Yoruba: Tan (complete)

14. Beru (force of emotion)
Yoruba:Beru (fear)

15. Egypt : Em (smell)
Yoruba:Emi (smell)

16. Egypt: Pa (open)
Yoruba: Pa (break open)

17.Egypt:Edjo (cobra)
Yoruba: Edjo (cobra)

18. Egypt: Ke (hill)
Yoruba: Oke( hill)

19.Egypt: Anubis (evil deity)
Yoruba: eniubi (evil person)

20.Egypt: Kan (one: Middle Egyptian)
YorubasadIkan/Okan:one)
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
Obalufon:

grin cheesy angry Educated illiterates like this man don't read and assumed Yoruba didn't have written account yet Opa Oranmiyan ,opa Ogun etc mean nothing them nor the ritual postures of Ooni Ufe. The guy is an Idoko descendant . So, don't mind him.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
Olu317:
Ignorance is a disease. grin grin cheesy
Ferdinand de Saussure,says, ‘the surest way to prove a cultural contact between peoples is to adduce linguistic evidence', (Ferdinand de Saussure (1972) General HISTORY OF Africa).

See the table below.
EGYPT and YORUBA Cognates

1. Egypt: Wu (rise) Wu (rise)

2. Egypt: Eurea Rekrek (python/ Serpent)
Yoruba :Ere (Python / Serpent)

3. Egypt: Horise Heru (a great god)
Yoruba: Orisha(defied god/head/creator)

4.Egypt: Ged (to chant)
Yoruba: Igede (a chant)

4. Egypt : Ta (sell / offer)
Yoruba Ta (sell/offer)

5.Egypt: Sueg (a fool)
Yoruba: Suegbe (a fool)

6. Egypt: Kum (a club)
Yoruba:Kumo( a club)

7. Egypt: Enru (fear / terrible)
Yoruba: Eru (fear / terrible

8. Egypt: Odonit Heb (festival) (like Heb Sed meaning Festival of Sed)
Yoruba:Odon (festival)

9. Egypt: Ma or mi teper (to breath)
Yoruba: Mi. (to breathe)

10. Egypt: Khu (to kill) Spirit
Yoruba Ku (die)

11. Egypt: Hika (evil) Magic, divine power
Yoruba: Ika (evil)

12. Egypt: Unas (lake of fire) Lake of fire in Egyptian culture?
Yoruba: Una (fire)

13..Egypt: Tan (complete)
Yoruba: Tan (complete)

14. Beru (force of emotion)
Yoruba:Beru (fear)

15. Egypt : Em (smell)
Yoruba:Emi (smell)

16. Egypt: Pa (open)
Yoruba: Pa (break open)

17.Egypt: Edjo Djet (cobra)
Yoruba: Edjo (cobra)

18. Egypt: Ke Dehnet (hill) (like Dehnet Amentet meaning Hill of Amentet)
Yoruba: Oke( hill)

19.Egypt: Anubis (evil deity) Anpu - God of death and mummification
Yoruba: eniubi (evil person)

20.Egypt: Kan Wa (one: Middle Egyptian)
YorubasadIkan/Okan:one)

An ignorant mad man calling someone ignorant grin

I thought you are saying Yoruba are Hebrews, what then is the purpose of your 20 "Egyptian words" ?

Plus those words actually do not mean what you claim they mean ... I just looked some of them up and corrected your mistakes, which anybody can easily do with an ancient Egyptian transliterator and through my one elective semester of Egyptology I could identify a few myself
I had to stop at a point cus frankly the whole list is bullshitt
Sources: http://medu.ipetisut.com/index.php?og=one. and Wiktionary

When you are so desperate to be what you are not you become confused, tell lies and can't differentiate fact from fiction

The surest way to prove cultural contact is indeed linguistic evidence.. Yet there is no linguistic evidence supporting your delusions
I mean of course... They are after all just in your head

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
Macof is a fool ..If everyone is like him there will never be advancement in the world , his brain is static not dynamic typical of a Monkey.. He only hold on to what he was taught in school no need of improvement ragged ass nigger ..Yoruba knowledge and civilization can't be born from the forest. which we reside now ....Worship of the Sea and Lagoon..the in depth knowledge we have about sea alone is astonishing ...Yoruba Science /physical is dying but the religion/spiritual is still surviving but for how long if person like you think everything is myth ..Greek and egyptian civilization that is highly revered is embedded in so call myth "it takes a wise person to decipher the secret ,,Philosophy gave birth to mathematic and physics
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Obalufon:
Macof is a fool ..If everyone is like him there will never be advancement in the world , his brain is static not dynamic typical of a Monkey.. He only hold on to what he was taught in school no need of improvement ragged ass nigger ..Yoruba knowledge and civilization can't be born from the forest. which we reside now ....Worship of the Sea and Lagoon..the in depth knowledge we have about sea alone is astonishing ...Yoruba Science /physical is dying but the religion/spiritual is still surviving but for how long if person like you think everything is myth ..Greek and egyptian civilization that is highly revered is embedded in so call myth "it takes a wise person to decipher the secret ,,Philosophy gave birth to mathematic and physics

Outbursts of a mad man grin

This rant doesn't even remotely address the topic on ground
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
macof:

Outbursts of a mad man grin

This rant doesn't even remotely address the topic on ground
..You will go mad soon you use your mouth so say it so shall it be...
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
Obalufon:
..You will go mad soon you use your mouth so say it so shall it be...
LOL Have you run out of claims? No more new imaginations?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 2:06am On Dec 29, 2019
You are sick in the head. regurgitating what you've been programmed to do .. You are quick to disprove what is not yet into your understanding you can't learn or improve on what you've been thought Mr "Macof too know" knowledge is not static... I'm sorry for you "if the world were dumb like you we would still be in darkness or stone age..Do you have time machine to confirm the claim ..person is giving you evidences of ancient contact and migration of people to their present location Yoruba did not spring out from a spot what made up Yoruba is collection of group of migrants from various part ..Do you think the ijebus are crazy claiming Sudan too or their king too is having imaginations ..Do you know we had ancient traders going as far as Sudan, our ancestors were not as dumb as you thought ..i have read about mass expulsion of jews or Hebrew from middle east to Africa

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 4:13am On Dec 29, 2019
Obalufon:
You are sick in the head. regurgitating what you've been programmed to do .. You are quick to disprove what is not yet into your understanding you can't learn or improve on what you've been thought Mr "Macof too know" knowledge is not static... I'm sorry for you "if the world were dumb like you we would still be in darkness or stone age..Do you have time machine to confirm the claim ..person is giving you evidences of ancient contact and migration of people to their present location Yoruba did not spring out from a spot what made up Yoruba is collection of group of migrants from various part ..Do you think the ijebus are crazy claiming Sudan too or their king too is having imaginations ..Do you know we had ancient traders going as far as Sudan, our ancestors were not as dumb as you thought ..i have read about mass expulsion of jews or Hebrew from middle east to Africa

This is nothing more than a desperate rant and plea to be allowed to further disrespect the Yoruba and turn history everywhere over its head

Nothing of what you write here about what you think I "think" is even relevant to the topic

These recent rants really show the utter lack of content you guys have. Your delusions fall apart so easily that it is barely an inconvenience to disprove your claims and this is an admission... You very well indirectly admit your lack of consistency with established facts and use of imagination rather than methodology
You have no solid claim, all you have stands on your urge to escape what you think is an ill fate.. that is to have an African origin
But there is absolutely nothing that makes any people less deserving of respect for having an African origin... African origin is not a curse that needs to be washed away by claiming semitic origin
"knowledge of the sea is astonishing" "traders going as far as Sudan" ok? So?? Is that what other Africans were incapable of?
Yoruba ancestors were not dumb as I thought?? When did I make you think that I think Yoruba ancestors were dumb? Not having semitic origin is being dumb to you? Smh surely, come on surely you know you have a huge inferiority complex here... Which is an actual mental health issue that when big enough is associated with other issues like psychosis and the rest

Should we blame foreign religions and colonisation, anti-black/anti-african propaganda?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 6:11am On Dec 29, 2019
Macof,
You still dey here dey pound this issue of methodology?

There has been tons of information supplied already, many of which you heard here first. Though they may deviate from what you accept as conventional and historical...but as a historian do you not agree that (1) no information is useless, (2) already established accounts could benefit more with help from some of the free information given here, and (3) you could help rearrange or sort thesse facts through the "methodologies" of inspection and give a professional feedback with a tenable structure?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Macof,
You still dey here dey pound this issue of methodology?

There has been tons of information supplied already, many of which you heard here first. Though they may deviate from what you accept as conventional and historical...but as a historian do you not agree that (1) no information is useless, (2) already established accounts could benefit more with help from some of the free information given here, and (3) you could help rearrange or sort thesse facts through the "methodologies" of inspection and give a professional feedback with a tenable structure?
Most of this so called information have been debunked and proven to be false and not facts at all.
So what exactly is the usefulness of a made up "information" by any of you?

This is the problem with not having a method and relying on your imagination
If every historian was treating history as something he can make up through his imagination, you would have no history
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2019
macof:

This is nothing more than a desperate rant and plea to be allowed to further disrespect the Yoruba and turn history everywhere over its head

Nothing of what you write here about what you think I "think" is even relevant to the topic

These recent rants really show the utter lack of content you guys have. Your delusions fall apart so easily that it is barely an inconvenience to disprove your claims and this is an admission... You very well indirectly admit your lack of consistency with established facts and use of imagination rather than methodology
You have no solid claim, all you have stands on your urge to escape what you think is an ill fate.. that is to have an African origin
But there is absolutely nothing that makes any people less deserving of respect for having an African origin... African origin is not a curse that needs to be washed away by claiming semitic origin
"knowledge of the sea is astonishing" "traders going as far as Sudan" ok? So?? Is that what other Africans were incapable of?
Yoruba ancestors were not dumb as I thought?? When did I make you think that I think Yoruba ancestors were dumb? Not having semitic origin is being dumb to you? Smh surely, come on surely you know you have a huge inferiority complex here... Which is an actual mental health issue that when big enough is associated with other issues like psychosis and the rest

Should we blame foreign religions and colonisation, anti-black/anti-african propaganda?
i know you are not yoruba ...Not claiming nothing. i just want to know where your time machine is Macof The ijebu claiming sudan too are having mental issue abi...you are threading on dangerous path.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2019
Go and study anthropology first .

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 10:28am On Dec 29, 2019
Obalufon:
i know you are not yoruba ...No claiming i.just want.to know.your
Your rants are useless now it's this gimmick?

Read this well Mr. Man
There is nothing Yoruba about you, I can very well say this that using your actions on this forum with the constant Hebrew praise and insult of African civilizations that you are not Yoruba. Even if you may have Yoruba blood, it is not by blood alone mentally and spiritually you are not here but in the middle East

This is tantamount to sabotage campaign and mental health issues or not, being paid by a church or Islamic group or not your actions if not checked and restricted has the potential to plunge confusion into the land
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 10:56am On Dec 29, 2019
macof:

Your rants are useless now it's this gimmick?

Read this well Mr. Man
There is nothing Yoruba about you, I can very well say this that using your actions on this forum with the constant Hebrew praise and insult of African civilizations that you are not Yoruba. Even if you may have Yoruba blood, it is not by blood alone mentally and spiritually you are not here but in the middle East

This is tantamount to sabotage campaign and mental health issues or not, being paid by a church or Islamic group or not your actions if not checked and restricted has the potential to plunge confusion into the land
laughing eranko ni e .. I am not even Africa, i am a proud yoruba man
If Mali could document mass influx of jews into West Africa why is it hard for you to believe jew migrated in yoruba land.... All biblical history is in .Ile-ife history too, from Tower of babel to great flood.we believe ile Ife is the birth place of mankind ,we are the beloved ,source of mankind ,first creation of Almighty God ..i am flexible in knowledge, ready to learn give me evidence to disprove the evidences given by a good researcher...
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2019
Our closest neighbour Igala and Nupe claim to migrate from Egypt that alone should make you go into further research on the issue

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 3:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
macof:

Most of this so called information have been debunked and proven to be false and not facts at all.
So what exactly is the usefulness of a made up "information" by any of you?

This is the problem with not having a method and relying on your imagination
If every historian was treating history as something he can make up through his imagination, you would have no history

You said most. What happens with the ones not yet debunked? Can you put them through the methodology process?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You said most. What happens with the ones not yet debunked? Can you put them through the methodology process?
Very funny last question.. Best described as a Wild-Goose chase. That a claim has been debunked means that there is another claim supported with superior evidence that shows the first claim is false.

That no evidence to show a claim is false has been presented doesn't automatically mean said claim is true, it is only in a state of limbo and the burden of proof remains with who is making the claim that is why I often ask for evidence for the claims you guys make even in cases I know to be false just to give you a chance or to spark a thought, but unfortunately you guys aren't cut out for history

The essence of having a method is that it leads to conclusive facts not limbo
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Cont...

Just like the newest claim made by you guys
"Igala and Nupe originate from Egypt"

Now, there are other claims to igala and nupe origin, and this Egyptian one doesn't even come close

I am not interested in going into details of research on igala and nupe history but let's assume this claim hasn't been debunked or cannot be debunked with the level of knowledge acquired so far.
It is completely hilarious to ask me to apply methods to reach the conclusion that igala and nupe indeed originate from Egypt
Very comical grin

How did the person who made the claim reach that conclusion without a method?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
macof:

Cont...

Just like the newest claim made by you guys
"Igala and Nupe originate from Egypt"

Now, there are other claims to igala and nupe origin, and this Egyptian one doesn't even come close

I am not interested in going into details of research on igala and nupe history but let's assume this claim hasn't been debunked or cannot be debunked with the level of knowledge acquired so far.
It is completely hilarious to ask me to apply methods to reach the conclusion that igala and nupe indeed originate from Egypt
Very comical grin

How did the person who made the claim reach that conclusion without a method?

Stop dodging my challenge to you with distractions.

There has been tons of information, treasures, never before heard or seen but new information that over the years have been dumped here in Nairaland. When I sweep through threads on Yoruba origin I notice you are in almost all of them that Ive aeen so far. You are an advocate for professional methodology and you have agreed that most of the information you have come in contact are useless. That will leave some information you have received that are not useless and could be beneficial. I challenge you to apply professional methodology to filter and inspect these information for their cultural authenticity, from historian perspective....and share your results. Do that please.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Stop dodging my challenge to you with distractions.

There has been tons of information, treasures, never before heard or seen but new information that over the years have been dumped here in Nairaland. When I sweep through threads on Yoruba origin I notice you are in almost all of them that Ive aeen so far. You are an advocate for professional methodology and you have agreed that most of the information you have come in contact are useless. That will leave some information you have received that are not useless and could be beneficial. I challenge you to apply professional methodology to filter and inspect these information for their cultural authenticity, from historian perspective....and share your results. Do that please.

Reread my last two comments.. It addresses this
Please endeavour to prevent an irrelevant back and forth
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
Your brain is curved Mr ma cof
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Obalufon: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
why is it hard for you to believe ..with my little knowledge i know human being migrate from one location to the other what we have as Hausa now are Sudanese in origin , they migrated to Hausa land during Sudanese expansion ,though they were aboriginal people prior to them coming that assimilated with them to form new race of people ..even in Europe most of them are from Aryan race from northern Indian
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
macof:

Reread my last two comments.. It addresses this
Please endeavour to prevent an irrelevant back and forth

Mr., there is not a single thread on Ijinle Yoruba in Nairaland that Macof has not contributed in. The ones I know of at least. Consistently you maintain a persistent position that historical authenticity must be facilitated by historians who have painstakingly put information at their disposal through a methodology process, and any other presentation is untenable.

You call yourself historian. Infact your claim to fame is that those with opposing views are not credible because they have not adopted "methodology" in coming to conclusions they believe in.

I am not a historian and do not have a clue what your methodology is but I am a treasure of history and messages and in my possession are clues that when pieced together can act as a bridge to explain the missing link between Ife and Arabia. I am begging you the historian, to help put them through your methodology approach and tell me what they mean.

Can you do that for me?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by macof(m): 3:04am On Dec 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Mr., there is not a single thread on Ijinle Yoruba in Nairaland that Macof has not contributed in. The ones I know of at least. Consistently you maintain a persistent position that historical authenticity must be facilitated by historians who have painstakingly put information at their disposal through a methodology process, and any other presentation is untenable.

You call yourself historian. Infact your claim to fame is that those with opposing views are not credible because they have not adopted "methodology" in coming to conclusions they believe in.

I am not a historian and do not have a clue what your methodology is but I am a treasure of history and messages and in my possession are clues that when pieced together can act as a bridge to explain the missing link between Ife and Arabia. I am begging you the historian, to help put them through your methodology approach and tell me what they mean.

Can you do that for me?

This is what I have done repeatedly that it is appearing as if I am even wasting my time with you lot. Many times I do show you how you are wrong

Now let's see what we can do with one of your "clues" that I remember
You have repeatedly said something along the lines of "Aramean is a corruption of Oranmiyan"
Which is just not so...
How is this obvious?

Using etymology and finding consistency with the historical narrative attached to the names

Aramean = Aramai(c) + an (designated to a person of Aramaic origin... Like "NigeriAN" refers to a person from Nigeria) (English)
Aramaios (Greek)
Aramu (just as Arab is Arabu) (Assyrian)

Therefore Aramean is essentially Aram... The "ean" endings is a result of adjectives and transliterations

Now when you look at Aramu, or Aramaios does it still look like Oranmiyan to you?

If yes, what of when we look at the breakdown of "Oranmiyan"
The easiest theory might be "Oran mi ti yan" as many people say but it might actually be "Oran ni omo yi yan" Which makes more sense semantically as well as fits the historical narrative of the character Oranmiyan with the circumstances of his birth...
You know the historical narrative I'm talking about?

There are many of such claims from clues you say you possess that I and other historians on this forum have corrected maybe due to you being oblivious of the facts or as you said you don't know how to apply historical methods
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by MetaPhysical: 5:09am On Dec 30, 2019
Oga,
Is this what you call "methodology"?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
macof:
grin grin grin
Just imagine unlettered bigot,who knows nothing. Olodo, doesn't even know what Coptic Egyptians aren't even Kemet. I mock your mannerless psychopathic medulla oblanga.

In fact, I haven't seen any meaningful African scholarly quote to support your meaningless ideology that is watery in all your cry me river story.. Obviously, you are the looser here because comparison were done before your even And sorry you won't find anything meaningful online to give you answers to the transliteration and translations. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
macof,look at your chicken's brain with etymology you have no clue about....

In your wildest dream, you have become a linguistic and pictographs expert......

grin grin cheesy , Using etymology and finding consistency with the historical narrative attached to the names

Aramean = Aramai(c) + an (designated to a person of Aramaic origin... Like "NigeriAN" refers to a person from Nigeria) (English)
Aramaios (Greek)
Aramu (just as Arab is Arabu) (Assyrian)

Therefore Aramean is essentially Aram... The "ean" endings is a result of adjectives and transliterations

Now when you look at Aramu, or Aramaios does it still look like Oranmiyan to you?

If yes, what of when we look at the breakdown of "Oranmiyan"
The easiest theory might be "Oran mi ti yan" as many people say but it might actually be "Oran ni omo yi yan" Which makes more sense semantically as well as fits the historical narrative of the character Oranmiyan with the circumstances of his birth... cry kiss cheesy angry embarassed
You know the historical narrative I'm talking about?

grin grin cheesy Thrash in the highest order that I have set my eyes on! Bloody lie! Sham
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage by Olu317(m): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
Contrary to the long epistle on the etymology of Aramian Aramean , you dont understand which is a name derived from the land of Or; in Iraq enclave and beyond in Near East during the antiquity era. Interestingly it means,‘ bright/light', in Semtic language of the classic Hebrew in the land of Aram grin. While it became anglicised word to identify it with inhabitants as the demonym! The transliteration is ‘awra m'. Olodo lasan

Ora mi yan is a name that was formed out of Ora; a Yoruba word that grew out of ‘Oor ra'(one who brightens), Yorubas God, who is called Ora. In the manner which Oo ba( one who lord over, king,father,lord of the house etc) is identified with.Plainly Ora is another name that is identified with the ancient name of ele ( mighty one), in Yoruba religion and history. This eternal personality is the one known as Ora-mfe ; signifying the thundering light/brightness that controlls Ara( thunder) and Ninuife/Nileife.

Plainly Ora mi ( chosen breath of brightness of God ) is a limited to the actual meaning but can still be a bit inline with the Yoruba's word for God. So, get off from your nonsensical theories and read good books and go to Ileife to know people, royal bloodlinue who still attach Ora either as prefix or suffix to their names. Ora mee Iyah Ora mi yah ( brightness of the terrestrial power (birdlike ~ Igunnugu) of God. I'll advice some one on this platform to go study more so as to know the true history of Yoruba beyond this nonsensical theories you don't understand . In fact,you don't even know Ba is only classic Hebrew word. While Baba is an Arabic word, Indus word, East European word. And they are not Yoruba's. Does it mean Yoruba don't own any word in her lexicons but loaned every spoken daily words grin angry ? Olodo them them who repeat class over and over again. Help yourself with all dictionaries you can lay your hands on!

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (97) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.