Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Breaking News: Church Builds Africa’s Biggest Hospital In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking News: Church Builds Africa’s Biggest Hospital In Lagos (5335 Views)

Slay Queen Lands In The Hospital With Broken Buttocks After Bike Accident.Photos / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? / Is This Aluminium Pot Made In Saki, Oyo State The Biggest In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Church Builds Africa’s Biggest Hospital In Lagos by IROHINOodua: 12:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
Breaking News: Church builds Africa’s biggest Hospital in Lagos

By Ayo Ajigbotoso, Health Correspondent

A 10,000 bed capacity hospital has been built in Lagos. The health home was constructed by the Deeper Life Bible Church. Sources told Irohinoodua that the Church is Africa’s biggest, with capacity to meet the needs of 35, 000 people, by far the largest in Africa. The hospital is located in the Gbagada area of Lagos which also hosts the headquarters of the Deeper Life Ministry.

The Hospital is not open to the public irrespective of faith, class, creed and ethnicity. The Hospital was opened recently in Lagos by the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo with less funfare. The General Overseer, Pastor Kumuyi was said to have requested that he wanted less publicity on the iconic medical feat. Many observers think the Church has thrown a huge challenge to the great faiths who have been accused of collecting so much money from faithful but little in return to the public.

The Hospital has various departments like Pediatrics, Psychiatry, General Out Patient, Burns, Oncology, and 15 other such departments manned by experienced health officials. The equipment in the hospital is said to be the most modern and could compete with some of the best hospitals in Europe. A member of the Church, Mr Fidelis Ankio told Irohinoodua that the edifice was conceived several years ago to meet the health needs of millions of Nigerians with the primary aim of reducing mortality rate.

“The Surgery section boasts of state-of-the-art equipment that rivals Johns Hopkins hospital or any of the best health care centers anywhere in the world. It would be available to all and sundry irrespective of their financial or social statuses”, an official of the hospital said.

According to another Church official, “the General Overseer, Pastor Kumuyi, says it would employ thousands of Nigerian doctors and attendant health workers graduating from the nation's many health institutions. He also hopes this would bring a halt to brain drain resulting from doctors jetting off abroad to find greener pastures, as well as billion-naira medical tourism the elite and politicians engage in monthly.”
Re: Breaking News: Church Builds Africa’s Biggest Hospital In Lagos by bjt(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Pictures please

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Church Builds Africa’s Biggest Hospital In Lagos by Chekitaut: 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
Am questioning "Not open to public"
Re: Breaking News: Church Builds Africa’s Biggest Hospital In Lagos by omaolowo(m): 3:34am On Apr 28, 2018
bjt:
Pictures please

Hmmnnn...
10,000 bed International class hospital? What an impossiblity!

Let's go from known to unknown....
We know UCH in Ibadan?

Well, UCH Ibadan, that International edifice for instance, has only 850 bed spaces and 183 examination couches
(Were it not for the Northwest extension, UCH was basically conceived as a 500 bed hospital)

Here we are, dreaming of something more than TEN TIMES the size of UCH - with services are being given for free....

Please, give me a break!

We seem to lose it anytime religion is involved
I won't be surprised that what we have as an attachment to the Church auditorium will be a clinic to attend to members
Re: Breaking News: Church Builds Africa’s Biggest Hospital In Lagos by solajacobs(m): 4:32am On Apr 28, 2018
Fake news

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Church Builds Africa’s Biggest Hospital In Lagos by bjt(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2018
omaolowo:

Hmmnnn...
10,000 bed International class hospital? What an impossiblity!

Let's go from known to unknown....
We know UCH in Ibadan?

Well, UCH Ibadan, that International edifice for instance, has only 850 bed spaces and 183 examination couches
(Were it not for the Northwest extension, UCH was basically conceived as a 500 bed hospital)

Here we are, dreaming of something more than TEN TIMES the size of UCH - with services are being given for free....

Please, give me a break!

We seem to lose it anytime religion is involved
I won't be surprised that what we have as an attachment to the Church auditorium will be a clinic to attend to members

I know the news is not true, that's why I demanded for pictures. I know gbagada area too well for me not to have noticed the structure

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year / What Do SARS Check On The Phone To See If A Guy Is Into Yahoo Or Not? / His Experience At Kirikiri Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.