Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... (6091 Views)

The Most Common Problems With Mazda Cars: What You Need To Know / How Reliable Are Chinese Vehicles? / How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by inas911(m): 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
I intend getting a Mazda car, either of the MPV series or 626 series. But a friend told me that Mazda cars are not strong and their parts are not available, also expensive to maintain. My first car was a Nissan product, i sold it off and i really need a mazda car.

Any advise for me? If you are a Mazda owner, kindly tell us your experience.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by AutoElectNG: 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
MPV more reliable than 626.

Where are you based?

I maintain several Mazda vehicles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by AceRoyal: 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
inas911:
I intend getting a Mazda car, either of the MPV series or 626 series. But a friend told me that Mazda cars are not strong and their parts are not available, also expensive to maintain. My first car was a Nissan product, i sold it off and i really need a mazda car.

Any advise for me? If you are a Mazda owner, kindly tell us your experience.
Go for Mazda 323 or protégé, from 2002 upwards

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by dano123: 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
Please I want to know more about Mazda 3. Is it a reliable and budget friendly car?

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by AutoElectNG: 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
dano123:
Please I want to know more about Mazda 3. Is it a reliable and budget friendly car?

It is heavily used by taxis in Abuja because it is reliable, budget friendly and it's parts will not break the bank.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by chidooh1: 10:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
Frankly speaking, 626 is very reliable, have been using one for 3 years now without issues. I was discouraged when buying the car. A friend of mine who bought Toyota Corona same time has parked it due to frequent visits to mechanic shops. Parts are cheap and everywhere. The AC is as cold as mad, if you live in Lagos you won't be having any problem with parts, i don't know of other cities.

5 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by AutoElectNG: 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
chidooh1:
Frankly speaking, 626 is very reliable, have been using one for 3 years now without issues. I was discouraged when buying the car. A friend of mine who bought Toyota Corona same time has parked it due to frequent visits to mechanic shops. Parts are cheap and everywhere. The AC is as cold as mad, if you live in Lagos you won't be having any problem with parts, i don't know of other cities.

In comparison, I meant.

It tends to have transmission trouble. That's it's weak link, of course I mean automatic transmission models.

I'll update post with a link later.

MODIFIED:
https://www.dustbury.com/626/trans.html
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by inas911(m): 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Where are you based?

Am based in Benin City. Where are you based yourself?
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by inas911(m): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
chidooh1:

Thanks for sharing your experience. Same is applicable to me. I told my friend i want to buy a mazda product.. He discouraged me and said "No ooh, better go for Toyota"... Then i said, must every body drive Toyota? shuuuu!!

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by inas911(m): 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Where are you based?

Someone told me this and as a mech you are confirming. I love the car cos of the space. Is it AC strong enough in hot condition? what is the MPV weakness??

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by AutoElectNG: 3:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
inas911:

Am based in Benin City. Where are you based yourself?

Abuja
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by Originalsly: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
Not a Mazda owner... but from observations and what I learned along the way. ... the new Mazda ....Mazda2/3/6 etc are very good buys. What trouble they give I have no clue...have never seen one in a shop for repairs...never seen one on the street broken down or being repaired. The older Mazda..626, 929 and I guess MVP had issues...but Mazda regrouped and the new line I believe is underrated.
Mazda 3

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by AutoElectNG: 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
inas911:

Someone told me this and as a mech you are confirming. I love the car cos of the space. Is it AC strong enough in hot condition? what is the MPV weakness??

A/C is okay, certainly not as cold as Moscow, but good enough

Weak point is that every vehicle has its flaws, the MPV inclusive, such as a bigger engine should have been dropped in, corroded water pipes, mechanics that trash it without understanding it.

Here is a balanced review:https://i.stuff.co.nz/motoring/67768282/Buying-used-Multi-purpose-Mazda-MPV-II-a-family-favourite

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by chidooh1: 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
More importantly, the fuel economy of Mazda 626 i4 engine is so great that sometimes you think no car can beat that not even the almighty Corolla. Yes, my brother drives Corolla am speaking from experience as well. Service your 626 when due, your air filter must be dust-free, good spark plugs, your transmission is probably CD4E without filter so, don't allow the tranny oil to accumulate dirt, change it even before it turns dark.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by inas911(m): 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
Grate to hear good news about the reliability and less fuel consumption features of Mazda products...

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by RZArecta2(m): 6:00pm On May 03, 2018
Mazda MPV's from research are prone to rust as if the owners deep the vehicles in salt water everyday there by significantly reducing any resale value you might be wishing for
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by AutoElectNG: 6:33pm On May 03, 2018
RZArecta2:
Mazda MPV's from research are prone to rust as if the owners deep the vehicles in salt water everyday there by significantly reducing any resale value you might be wishing for
MPVs with rust come from places that use salt to take care of snow on their roads, not sure it is a universal problem, rust free specimens exist

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by RZArecta2(m): 7:03pm On May 03, 2018
AutoElectNG:

MPVs with rust come from places that use salt to take care of snow on their roads, not sure it is a universal problem, rust free specimens exist
ok, but I saw one on my street with a rusty under side today which I went to look up on purpose. One just has to be careful though when buying this ride

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by PAQ(m): 6:54am On May 07, 2018
Mazda 3 protege and Mazda 3 2005 were one of the best cars of their class at that time. Even Jeremy of BBC TopCar has reviewed them. The 2003- 2006 Mazda 6 is also a very fine car too. They use a very good DOHC engine.
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by inas911(m): 10:56pm On May 07, 2018
Now am beginning to see the beauty of Mazda Cars.. I saw a very clean Mazda Prestige today and eyes shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by inas911(m): 10:48pm On May 23, 2018
more comments from mazda users please
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by aluko360(m): 11:53pm On May 24, 2018
how reliable is Mazda cx7 2007-2008 model?
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by Nobody: 2:16am On May 25, 2018
Mazdas are exceedingly good cars. I would buy a Mazda before I buy a Toyota or Nissan.

A good Mazda is better than a bad Toyota so choose carefully. Buy the individual car, not the seller or brand.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by inas911(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2019
dano123:

I also have a great love for this car. Does anyone here have the naija used?
Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by adanny01(m): 8:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
My parents have a Mazda 323f.

Let me describe it; its our pickup truck, our 4x4, our broke car. We used it like a donkey, during building, it was carrying cement, wood, tiles and every building material we needed. During farming, we took fertilizer, farm workers, harvest (maize, rice, beans, ginger, yams) to and fro going several trips a day. Upon all that abuse, it is hardly ever out of service, so when the Toyotas and the Hondas are out of service, this one keeps going.

Our mechanical replacement parts are; rear shocks, outer cvt joint and brake pads. Parts are hard to find outside Abuja. We had a bad toks purchase experience that left the car with permanent mechanical issues which left it kazeemed for life. Even with that we had a strong car. We rebuilt engine twice, the first was a shody job but the second was great.

My generalized view is that its a strong car with strong suspension parts. The cons are; ECM/immobilizer (when it happens, its a knock out punch), shocks, auto tranny (1998-2002). It is underpowered in most cases. I prefer the 323 or the mazda 3.

My friend drives a 2002 626 Automatic. It is smooth, quiet but underpowered.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 11, 2019
I own a Mazda MVP 2002/03 not sure ATM, but I guess it's a late 2002 model. It's a 4cylinders and a stick tranny.
Not the very common ones though.(v6)
2016 Till date,its never known rest and its never broken down.
Pocket friendly when it comes to parts replacement.
AC like someone says is just as good as it should be even under the hot weather.
The van for me is really a multipurpose.
Carries both humans and goods.(can carry two big standing fridges at a time Side by side and even more but I don't over load it) what more can I ask for?
Overall the van is a good one.it can do what a Toyota Sienna can lol.
I only recently have a challenge getting a good ball joint or what the people around here(benin city)call the down link.
Pls anyone knows where I can get a good grade (brand new) should pls quote me.
I recently had the entire pan where the ball joint is attached changed but no significant difference.
Cant keep buying the entire pan just because I want to change the ball joint. (the Belgium comes complete with the pan)
I would buy a good grade if it's available in brand new.

(1) (Reply)

Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) / My Toyota Camry Tiny Lights Brings Out Much Black Smoke / Engine Oil For Honda Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.