Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,726 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord (5222 Views)

Help Me Choose Between Venza, Camry And BMW / Between 2003 Xterra And 2008 Honda Pilot. Which Is Better / 2007/08 Lexus GS 350 And 2008 Mercedes-benz C300 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by adanny01(m): 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2019
Gracesofar:

Well..... I havent had any of the above mentioned issues with my Camry. Talking of the Honda. The leg is the main issue. And do you use an Honda? Or have you used one?

Yes, I use Honda right from the 1986 model (my 1st car) till now and never had a leg pull.

Just like you have never had the mentioned issues with your camry and I never had your mentioned issues with my Accords, it doesn't mean both cars do not come with their generic issues.

We can only discuss them objectively.
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by Gracesofar(m): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2019
adanny01:

Yes, I use Honda right from the 1986 model (my 1st car) till now and never had a leg pull.

Just like you have never had the mentioned issues with your camry and I never had your mentioned issues with my Accords, it doesn't mean both cars do not come with their generic issues.

Alright then you made your point. But one is more prone to a leg pull than the other. Does thus sounds good? Basically Honda is prone to leg pull than Toyota product
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by Gracesofar(m): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
adanny01:

And if I may ask where do you stay and how good is the road leading to your place. 2ndly, what kinda management do you do on it (talking about maintenance)

1 Like

Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by adanny01(m): 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
Gracesofar:

And if I may ask where do you stay and how good is the road leading to your place. 2ndly, what kinda management do you do on it (talking about maintenance)

I drive through all the kind of bad roads you can possibly imagine.

2ndly, i have a good maintenance habit but I am not the "throw in new parts guy". I have managed some of my out of spec suspension parts without replacing for years and still did not have a break down since 2013. My ball joints are still factory OEM, my shock absorber, shafts, upper arm are still factory OEM. What i have replaced are tie rod ends, stabilizer linkage, bushings and 1 of the upper arm's ball joint.

Let me assure you that the day i buy a new chinko ball joint to install in my car, I will expect the pull from that day onwards. For now, I still drive up till my comfortable 160km/h limit with complete trust that no pull out will happen.

1 Like

Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by Gracesofar(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
adanny01:

I drive through all the kind of bad roads you can possibly imagine.

2ndly, i have a good maintenance habit but I am not the "throw in new parts guy". I have managed some of my out of spec suspension parts without replacing for years and still did not have a break down since 2013. My ball joints are still factory OEM, my shock absorber, shafts, upper arm are still factory OEM. What i have replaced are tie rod ends, stabilizer linkage, bushings and 1 of the upper arm's ball joint.

Let me assure you that the day i buy a new chinko ball joint to install in my car, I will expect the pull from that day onwards. For now, I still drive up till my comfortable 160km/h limit with complete trust that no pull out will happen.

Wow well I guess you understand your machine better. I used to enjoy my mum 2002 coupe during my teenage days. The car did me burouba mechanic will always find a fault in it. Either I hear noise on the legs or something similar. It was so frustrating and the car turned into tax collector on mum and I. She decided getting a Nigerian used bull Dog afterwards and same problem like the mechanic will say SHAFT NO GOOD. we did all we can until the car pack up. We had to sell them off to the mechanic later on to safe face. I got a Camry aroumd october 2017 and I have never had an issue with it. Though there came a time I had a little problem but someone on Nairalander talked about car scanner which I bought. And I scan the angel periodically even if no light comes on on the dash board. And the testimony is HV never had a better yesterday testimony with the car.

That's my reason for advising op not to opt for Honda. I was speaking totally from experience
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by adanny01(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2019
Gracesofar:

Wow well I guess you understand your machine better. I used to enjoy my mum 2002 coupe during my teenage days. The car did me burouba mechanic will always find a fault in it. Either I hear noise on the legs or something similar. It was so frustrating and the car turned into tax collector on mum and I. She decided getting a Nigerian used bull Dog afterwards and same problem like the mechanic will say SHAFT NO GOOD. we did all we can until the car pack up. We had to sell them off to the mechanic later on to safe face. I got a Camry aroumd october 2017 and I have never had an issue with it. Though there came a time I had a little problem but someone on Nairalander talked about car scanner which I bought. And I scan the angel periodically even if no light comes on on the dash board. And the testimony is HV never had a better yesterday testimony with the car.

That's my reason for advising op not to opt for Honda. I was speaking totally from experience

I'd say, Honda is for those who know how to maintain and enjoy a car while Toyota is for those who do not know how to maintain and just want to go from point a to b without listening to any sound the car makes.

Let me gist you about the "Shaft no good mechanic".

My neighbor got a clean 08 Corolla few months back. Fast forward, he sees my young mechanic fixing my car at home most times on Sundays so he asked for his number. Mechanic came, test drove the car for the noise complain and the verdict was a toasted shaft (outer CVT joint) due to torn shaft boots. There was wheel hub bearing noise too. Very clean tokumbo car needed well over 50k in parts but my guy said no way. Mechanic earlier complain of the guy's stingy attitude so he was all out to rip the guy off.

Mechanic proposed to grease the bearing and shaft then replace the boots for an inflated cost.

The fatal mistake my neighbor did was not knowing how repair processes should go and would not seek my advise since i know more about cars than him which he never admits. I came out of my house to meet the mans 2 complete driving shaft on the ground. A job I will never allow on my car knowing the car was test driven less than 5mins ago. Pulling out the Inner CVT joint when the transmission is hot is known to damage the transmission.

My neighbor's car has gone from an irritating shaft to a failing transmission. From the moment I saw this mans drive shaft out of the transmission, I knew this man don buy market. He told me yesterday, "my car refuses to change gear". I said to myself, "Aha".

2 Likes

Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by Gracesofar(m): 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2019
adanny01:

I'd say, Honda is for those who know how to maintain and enjoy a car while Toyota is for those who do not know how to maintain and just want to go from point a to b without listening to any sound the car makes.

Let me gist you about the "Shaft no good mechanic".

My neighbor got a clean 08 Corolla few months back. Fast forward, he sees my young mechanic fixing my car at home most times on Sundays so he asked for his number. Mechanic came, test drove the car for the noise complain and the verdict was a toasted shaft (outer CVT joint) due to torn shaft boots. There was wheel hub bearing noise too. Very clean tokumbo car needed well over 50k in parts but my guy said no way. Mechanic earlier complain of the guy's stingy attitude so he was all out to rip the guy off.

Mechanic proposed to grease the bearing and shaft then replace the boots for an inflated cost.

The fatal mistake my neighbor did was not knowing how repair processes should go and would not seek my advise since i know more about cars than him which he never admits. I came out of my house to meet the mans 2 complete driving shaft on the ground. A job I will never allow on my car knowing the car was test driven less than 5mins ago. Pulling out the Inner CVT joint when the transmission is hot is known to damage the transmission.

My neighbor's car has gone from an irritating shaft to a failing transmission. From the moment I saw this mans drive shaft out of the transmission, I knew this man don buy market. He told me yesterday, "my car refuses to change gear". I said to myself, "Aha".

From how you type, I can conclude you know a lot about what goes in your hood not just the car type. Imagine a total lame man like me who does not even know how the stuffs work. Thank God for Technology that brought about scanner if not, God knows I would HV taking my car to shaft no good taya. Coz the little stuffs I feel I know about car is what I observe and hear from the mechanic guys.

Perhaps OP is a guy like me who knows little about cars though I never cease to ask and learn from peoples experience.

Enjoy ur Honda bro but God knows I will never go back to Honda to avoid stories that touches the wallet. Toyota product or Benz all the way.

as a matter of fact there came a time with that Babyboy coupe that year that if am tryna navigate a round about I won't turn the steering to the fullest I had to drive like its no power steering thanks to the so called and almighty SHAFT. And other times I need to make a reverse just to navigate a little junction if not I will hear that kraaaaaa sound. am on Canaan now no going back to Egypt unless its a keep sake.
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by Itulah(m): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2019
Let me make this quick and brief. If you chose to go for Camry 2006-09 4 cylinders (i4), be ready for regular oil top up in between service. That vehicle consumes too much oil. And its factory default problem. You can Google it. Only the V6 engine of the model year earlier mentioned are exempted from this oil issue. If you must buy Camry, buy 2010.
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by BarrSly: 12:09am On Sep 30, 2019
Zane2point4:

Lols bn long, later chose es350.... BGg.. Amn.

Wow nice choice. Please tell me how much did you get it and is it treating you well cause I intend getting one myself but not made up my mind yet on the make to get.
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by Zane2point4(m): 7:24am On Sep 30, 2019
BarrSly:

Wow nice choice. Please tell me how much did you get it and is it treating you well cause I intend getting one myself but not made up my mind yet on the make to get.

You wont get bored, its luxurious, smooth and agile.
Roomy too.
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by naijadrivablog: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2019
Gracesofar:

Experience they say is the best teacher. Free advise, don't travel with an Honda on a bad road at night.. Try avoid story that touches the heart.

2008 Accord??! Lies

1 Like

Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by naijadrivablog: 7:36am On Sep 30, 2019
adanny01:

I am surprised that you have used different cars long enough to have known what "shaft" is and clearly specify.

Funny enough the 2008 Accord has the strongest transmission and suspension compared to all its predecessors and even the 2008 Camry itself.

The Camry has more transmission issues, more strut issues, more AC issues.

This is true.

Side by side, 2008 Accord beats the 2008 Camry.

Camry engine guzzles oil, always have AC issues, transmission too and its uninspiring interior with peeling dashboard.

2008 Accord is sexy and is relatively less targeted by thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by GreekDon: 9:04am On Sep 30, 2019
adanny01:

I am surprised that you have used different cars long enough to have known what "shaft" is and clearly specify.

Funny enough the 2008 Accord has the strongest transmission and suspension compared to all its predecessors and even the 2008 Camry itself.

The Camry has more transmission issues, more strut issues, more AC issues.

2008 Accord was well built. Strong Engine, Strong transmission, A/c compressor that never dies, good suspension, more engine power! You can't even compare. Buy the i4 engine and enjoy pure driving bliss without issues.

However, if you want the Camry then 2010 model and above are your best pick.

1 Like

Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by GreekDon: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2019
Saw this on one of Gazzuzz thread:

"Hello sir,
I am currently having AC issues with my car Toyota Camry 2009 model xle. The AC will suddenly top cooling. At first, when I turn it off and restart it will continue cool.
Recently the AC stopped cooling. I went to a Refill and it was discovered that the condenser had injury which was welded and a refill was done. after the refill, The AC cooled only when on high speed. it will stop cooling once I slow down and will not pick until after several minutes. I visited several AC technician and their verdict was my compressor's was bad and it can stop working altogether anytime from now. They all advised not to buy the same compressor that came with the car but to replace with a manual compressor.
I am not comfortable with replacing the original compressor with manual I am not also not convinced that the compressor is bad. please i need your help."

And this was Gazzuzz response:

"there are 2 ways to this.

1 Follow the straight and narrow way (factory brand new parts) ₦300k plus

2 . Follow your technicians advice "
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by BarrSly: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2019
Zane2point4:

You wont get bored, its luxurious, smooth and agile.
Roomy too.

Ok thank you very much I am asking in terms of price as well. Did you get it tokunbo or Nigerian used and how much can I budget?
Re: Help Advice Needed Blw 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 Honda Accord by Zane2point4(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2019
BarrSly:

Ok thank you very much I am asking in terms of price as well. Did you get it tokunbo or Nigerian used and how much can I budget?
Well, i got it frm guy who bought it toks and immediately his swedish visa was granted.
So i go it 2.7m frm him, still very sharp.
Still has the Belgium smell cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This The Best Head Unit Ever? / I Need A Car To Take Do Taxi / A Lady Gave A Guy A Lift In Lagos, See What She Did To Him { Photo }

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.