Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:38 PM

The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 2 (237 Views)

"Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 3 / The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Unbeatable Spirit Of Faith, Part 2 by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
The Unbeatable Spirit of Faith, Part 2

We Believe... Therefore We Speak

That’s what Abraham did. When
God told him he and Sarah were going to have a baby, Abraham just took God at His Word.

In light of the circumstances, that was quite a step of faith. After all, Abraham was 100 years old and Sarah was 90 and barren.

Most people would have been
overwhelmed by those problems. But not Abraham.

He "believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness”
(Romans 4:3).

Even though in the natural realm it was impossible for what God said to come to pass, Abraham believed God anyway.

That’s what the spirit of faith does. It stands in the midst of the most impossible circumstances and believes God anyway!

Then it begins to speak.

It doesn’t say just anything, either. It speaks the Word of God. When cancer attacks, faith doesn’t say, “I’m dying of cancer.” Faith says, “I’m healed by the stripes of Jesus. Therefore I’ll live and not die, and declare the works of the Lord.”

You might think, Well, I’m just not comfortable with that confession business. I just like to believe God quietly.

That may be what you like, but it’s not what the Bible teaches. Second Corinthians 4:13 says, “We...believe, and therefore speak.” If you want to change your circumstances, you must have faith in two places— in your heart and in your mouth.

That’s why God changed Abram’s
name to Abraham. Abraham means “father of many nations.”

So every time Abraham introduced himself after his name was changed, he was actually saying, “Hello.
How are you? I’m the father of many nations.”

To most people that probably sounded ridiculous because at the time, Abraham was still a childless old man married to a barren old woman.

I’m sure they thought Abraham was a little crazy. But he wasn’t. He was simply follow-ing the example of God Himself “who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were” (Romans 4:17).

By speaking in faith, Abraham was doing exactly what God did when He created the earth.

Read Genesis 1 and you’ll see what I mean. It tells us that in the beginning “the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep” (verse 2).

Yet God didn’t look at that darkness and say, “Oh my, the earth sure is a dark place!” Had He done that, the earth would have remained a dark place.

No, God changed the natural circumstance by calling things that be not as though they were. He looked at the darkness and said, “Light, be!” and light was.

God spoke out by faith what He wanted to come to pass.

All the way through the first chapter of Genesis we see God creating by speaking His Word. Over and over again it says, God said...God saw...and it was good.

That’s how we operate too, when we’re living by the spirit of faith. We say God’s Word...we see the result...and it is good!

One thing you must understand.
I’m not just talking about saying God’s Word once or twice. I’m talking about consistently speaking words of faith.

If you get on your knees in prayer and say, “I believe I receive my financial needs met, in Jesus’ Name,” then go to dinner with your friends and say, “I’m going bankrupt.

I can’t find a job. I’m about to lose my home. I don’t know what I’m going to do,”
you won’t get anywhere.

It’s what you say continually that comes to pass in your life.

So if you’re believing God for finances, make it a habit to say things like this: “According to Deuteronomy 28, lack is a curse of the law. And Galatians 3:13 says Jesus has redeemed me from that curse.

Therefore, I’m redeemed from the curse of lack! My needs are met according to God’s riches in glory by Christ Jesus!"

Then, every time your bills come to mind, call them paid in the Name of Jesus.
Call yourself prosperous. Call yourself debt free.

Be like Abraham and by the spirit of faith call things that be not as though they were.

Excerpts from, The Unbeatable Spirit of Faith by Gloria Copeland

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army!

Contact us on WhatsApp, 08126401351

(1) (Reply)

50 Secrets To Answers To Prayers (10) / The Benefits Of Interpreting And Understanding The Scripture Properly / Jerusalem And Evident-truths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.