Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

$275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics (82482 Views)

Clean Title Corolla 2010 2.8m Lagos Sold Sold Sold / Clean Title Corolla 2009 Xrs Special Edition 2.6m / SOLD Reg 09 Upgraded to 012 Toyota Corolla S @2.2m Ibadon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by mixter(m): 2:28am On Apr 28, 2018
Thanks for this. Those saying it was a good deal wouldn't dare buy the car for that price knowing the condition/state of the car. I doubt. So why would you want someone no different from you to buy same? Transparency in the deal is wat a lot has been trying to say. In truth if the man had done his digging, I doubt if he would have bought the car. But in my own opinion ,still doesn't justifies the fact that he was cheated.
Learn to send your message without insult. Haba. Some people sef.

1 Like

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Bruemath(m): 2:48am On Apr 28, 2018
hmmm
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by YorubaAssasin: 3:25am On Apr 28, 2018
ogtavia:
I am not disputing the salvage status, not at all sir. I am only wondering why someone would go through so much hassles for a vehicle badly damaged.

He must be an inexperienced buyer... He got fooled by the winning bid amount which seems a bit "paltry" without a first hand knowlege of the overall cost involved.

Majority of inexperienced buyers fall into such pit. undecided

We always learn in a way or the other. At least he's getting the needed experience. cool
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Binutiri(m): 3:32am On Apr 28, 2018
Do you guys want it to sell at loss and to be indebt car business No easy
YorubaAssasin:

He must be an inexperienced buyer... He got fooled by the winning bid amount which seems a bit "paltry" without a first hand knowlege of the overall cost involved.

Majority of inexperienced buyers fall into such pit. undecided

We always learn in a way or the other. At least he's getting the needed experience. cool
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Explorers(m): 3:58am On Apr 28, 2018
The problem is, the dealer lied...

Money aside, he claimed a clean history.

1 Like

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by computerglobal(m): 4:01am On Apr 28, 2018
computerglobal:
Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

With Vin checks and reports willsave you money on your initial investment in a vehicle, but can help steer you away from a vehicle that is problematic and into something that is going to bring you years of enjoyment.

For Free Flood Damaged Vehicle Checks . Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks#60086379
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Manufacturer recalls check Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Basic Vehicle Information Package (BVIP) Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4180047/free-basic-vehicle-information-package

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Lexusgs430: 4:26am On Apr 28, 2018
Explorers:
Over a year now, the old man has been working to own a 2008 Corolla due to the low fuel consumption.

We both talked about the car several times and because of the price, he went for a 2006.

So papa, a boss and also a father brought this Corolla to the office on Monday with dealer claiming papa is very lucky to get a clean title and accident free car like this.

Congratulations sir! congratulations sir!! everywhere(Civil servant na)

Sir, how much did you get it?

He said over 2.2m.

But i noticed that the bumper, headlamps and the grill are kind of not in line(Space between them).

So i shot the vin, the first picture and brought it to one of my thread for assistance(cosplay).

And i got this result.

Can i tell him?

You have to find a way to stylishly tell him. So he can thoroughly go and inspect this vehicle, demand a refund or take any decision he desires.... So his 2.2 million purchase, does not end up killing him.....

I had a similar situation about 3 years ago. My mum was hell bent on buying a toyota her pastor's friend dealer had for sale. I physically inspected the vehicle and was not happy with the inconsistency in painting.

I pleaded with my Mum to hold fire, I ran a vin check on the vehicle.....

The vin check result also came with pictures of the scrap she was about to buy...... I sent her the details and pictures. The moment she saw the report, the deal was off......

5 Likes

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by adecz: 5:34am On Apr 28, 2018
All the costs you approximated is
already close to N1.6 million naira
without the cost of repairs.

I don't see repairs & spraying the car
costing less than 300k.

After all the wahala, the dealer may
not be making more than 300k!!

This is an honest hustle,
let him be, if the buyer is satisfied. undecided undecided

Na Buhari cause all this suffering.

Explorers:
Results

let's imagine that;

Last bid - $275

Additional fee - $1,000

Trucking/Towing to nearest port - $200

Shipping roro - $1, 200

Clearing - ₦500, 000

1 Like

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by famousguy01(m): 6:11am On Apr 28, 2018
Explorers:
Results

let's imagine that;

Last bid - $275

Additional fee - $1,000

Trucking/Towing to nearest port - $200

Shipping roro - $1, 200

Clearing - ₦500, 000

The additional fee is referring to the amount used for repairs I guess, but pls op how can I get the history of my vehicle exactly the way you posted this which includes the auction fee. Thanks
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Explorers(m): 6:12am On Apr 28, 2018
phemmyfour:
So explorer na civil servant

You get better job for me bro

1 Like

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Explorers(m): 6:16am On Apr 28, 2018
carbon1224:
Most of the imported naija cars are salvage. Price a clean title cars online and you would understand how much it will cost you to bring it in.

The why advertising salvage vehicle as clean title?

Can you answer that sir?

1 Like

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by tasceige(m): 6:22am On Apr 28, 2018
phemmyfour:
So explorer na civil servant
grin
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by aaidel(m): 6:45am On Apr 28, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Firstly, I need to know what you guys are complaining abt. Are you guys disputing the vehicle salvage status or the final price tag? From what the OP put up there, I think it's reasonable even though it's a very bad deal. IMHO. undecided

The $275 isn't the net/final price sold at the auction. That price is what's called the pre-bidding price prior to the actual auction. After the real auction might have taken place, the final bidding price is likely to surpass the $275. Okay let's assume the final bid price is $275...

The $1K add fee is mandatory but, not necessarily that much. It's usually a % of the total cost + numerous fees (paper-work) added up. So let's assume it's $1K... So, let's do the math...

$(275 + 1,000 + 200 + 1,200) = $2,675 * N360 = N963,000 + N500,000 (Clearing Cost) = N1,463,000

Let's NOT forget, the car was fixed by whoever that bought it... and from the damages I'm seeing, the total fix price to get this to its current shape would be nothing less than $1,500 - $2,000 = N540,000 - N720,000. Let's say it's N540,000 shocked

N1,463,000 + N540,000 = N2,003,000. undecided

Again, this is the minimum net price given the info. provided by OP. So why the hassle... everyone whining upandan. This is one of the numerous reasons I advice folks to rather buy a car in Nigeria than from here in the U.S. The only advantage of buying foreign (developed nation)used cars is proper usability (good roads/dealership maintained etc.. ) and less-salvage value compared to 9ja used. kiss

Though, this is a very bad deal given the extent of damage and cost of repair of this particular vehicle. I expected someone like "Explorers" to have dug more info. before coming out to cry foul. undecided

there are clean title examples of that corolla for 2500-3000 roro is abot 700-1000 depending on port and clearing is about 400000 at those prices the dealer would have made 500000 on a clean title one so for the baba there is no win here
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 28, 2018
I know my question might sound stupid, but i wouldn't have asked if i knew.
Please, where do i get to see the car VIN number, and how do i use the number to check its past records online? please answers needed
Cc: Explorers
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Explorers(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2018
Jay95:
I know my question might sound stupid, but i wouldn't have asked if i knew.
Please, where do i get to see the car VIN number, and how do i use the number to check its past records online? please answers needed
Check page 2 or 3 of the thread.
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by aaidel(m): 6:54am On Apr 28, 2018
ycoxyng:
A clean title of that Toyota model prices starts from $3,500 - $4,500. Excluding other charges such as port and carriage. Most of the vehicles shipped to Najia are salvaged and accidented.

can be gotten as low as 2500
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 28, 2018
ibinaboonline:
I don't understand why everyone is castigating the seller. He bought a damaged vehicle, repaired it and sold for profit. It's business. The buyer checked it out before buying. The vehicle is working fine. Everyone is happy. Abeg don't go and ruin the man's joy
The problem is? The happiness won't last long. Sooner or later it will start giving problems.

1 Like

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by seguno2: 7:34am On Apr 28, 2018
Explorers:
Over a year now, the old man has been working to own a 2008 Corolla due to the low fuel consumption.

We both talked about the car several times and because of the price, he went for a 2006.

So papa, a boss and also a father brought this Corolla to the office on Monday with dealer claiming papa is very lucky to get a clean title and accident free car like this.

He said over 2.2m.

Civil servant buying car of N2.2 million in Buhari time of recession and fighting corruption where salaries are owed for months and years while deductions are not remitted?
What is the grade level of the papa? How much is his salary? Does he not eat, pay rent, attend parties etc?
Who is fooling who?
Is it that he has been scammed in the same manner that he scams others for corruption money at his civil servants’ desk
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by ibinaboonline: 7:48am On Apr 28, 2018
Jay95:
The problem is? The happiness won't last long. Sooner or later it will start giving problems.
Do we know that for sure?
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by thetrailseeker: 7:57am On Apr 28, 2018
Explorers:

And the dealer sold it out for 2.2m

Repair costs ?
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Lexusgs430: 7:58am On Apr 28, 2018
adecz:
All the costs you approximated is
already close to N1.6 million naira
without the cost of repairs.

I don't see repairs & spraying the car
costing less than 300k.

After all the wahala, the dealer may
not be making more than 300k!!

This is an honest hustle,
let him be, if the buyer is satisfied. undecided undecided

Na Buhari cause all this suffering.

Very true indeed. But why buy a cow and later realise it was actually a goat?

This dealers should be honest with their buyers..... I bet you, the airbags are only for decoration......

4 Likes

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by tranxo(m): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2018
Explorers:

He said over 2.2m.

But i noticed that the bumper, headlamps and the grill are kind of not in line(Space between them).

So i shot the vin, the first picture and brought it to one of my thread for assistance(cosplay).

And i got this result.

Can i tell him?

Please which site did you use in checking this vehicle history?
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Lexusgs430: 8:03am On Apr 28, 2018
ibinaboonline:
Do we know that for sure?

By the time Nigerian bumpy roads welcome this corolla, the corpse wey den bury, hin leg go comot......

You can bet your last naira, the repair was performed cowboy stylee......

1 Like

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Lexusgs430: 8:04am On Apr 28, 2018
seguno2:

Civil servant buying car of N2.2 million in Buhari time of recession and fighting corruption where salaries are owed for months and years while deductions are not remitted?
What is the grade level of the papa? How much is his salary? Does he not eat, pay rent, attend parties etc?
Who is fooling who?
Is it that he has been scammed in the same manner that he scams others for corruption money at his civil servants’ desk

What about the possibility his kids contributed money, to buy papa a vehicle?

4 Likes

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Explorers(m): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2018
seguno2:

Who is fooling who?

Actually i dont really quote people like you.

You should have asked is he working with the Federal govt or state.

Is he buying from his savings alone or with cooperative loan payable in 3yrs.

For your information, he's working the federal government on Contediss 14.

In a tertiary institution where he treat mails from employees.

Not in the busary or works or where they deal with cash.

In that division, corruption is not existing.

There is access to loan.

You ask questions first or think before saying somethings

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by fotadmowmend(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2018
Another lesson learnt!
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by IYIMAN: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

What about easy access to bank loans by civil servants + civil servants do cooperative contributions.
Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by IYIMAN: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2018
Lexusgs430:

What about easy access to bank loans by civil servants + civil servants do cooperative and contributions.

1 Like

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by computerglobal(m): 8:18am On Apr 28, 2018
Comprehensive Vehicle History Report that you can count on to make an informed purchase.

Buy With Confidence

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by Explorers(m): 8:22am On Apr 28, 2018
IYIMAN:

What about easy access to bank loans by civil servants + civil servants do cooperative contributions.

Yes all bank can bring loan to the Office anytime, you can even go to bank with yout payslip, last promotion letter for loan. Those documents will determine how much they can loan you.

Cooperative is a must where i am, you get car loan, housing loan from them and they deduct from your salary.

Some people are just so dumb and annoying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $275 In U.S, ₦2.2m In Nigeria, See The Clean Title Corolla Sold To My Boss(Pics by aspirebig: 8:29am On Apr 28, 2018
95% of the cars sold in Nigeria are accidented cars.

Dont be fooled by how clean these cars look.

Most of our cars dealers are dubious, inhuman and very wicked. They only want your money.

I am speaking from experience. Most time,these cars are worked on before being sold. You and your mechanic may not be able to even trace these faults as they are "neatly packaged" .When you check with the VIN , you will be shocked.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Keke Napep With Full AC Option (Photos) / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence Processing / ****Kakaki + FiftyFifty Enter 2015 With A BANG!! Peugeot 607 PICS****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.