Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,300 members, 7,780,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:04 PM

Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) (17503 Views)

Second-Degree Burn Survivor Shares Before And After Photos / Nigerian COVID-19 Survivor Shares His Experience At Lagos Isolation Centre / Meet Jasmine, The Cancer Survivor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by DavidEsq(m): 10:14am On Apr 28, 2018
Jbleenk:

There isn't any problem here at all the only problem is ppl will still argue when they say the New Testament , it's author and the god of the New Testament is not only controversial but also contradictory.

That's just the problem.
But do u think Isaiah 45:7 is the applicable scripture to this story? This woman fell sick. Why do we fall sick? Why are our bodies not perfectly immune to sickness. If sickness brings death, doesn't Roman 5:12 explains this? It says "That is why just as thru one man, sin entered into the world and death thru sin and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned".
When Adam sinned, he became susceptible to sickness death. Jesus Christ revealed this truth, wen he told the sick man: "Your sins are forgiven u". Matthew 9:2. What does that mean? Take note that in Matthew 9:5 he asked the scribes: "which is easier; to say ur sins are forgiven or to say get up and walk"? This is because Jesus knew that the greater issue afoot was sin, which caused the ailment. Hence he tried to point out that fact to the scribes.
Now to the issue at hand: was sin an evil caused by God? No! Genesis 3:1-19 tells us that death came thru man's disobedience and not God. So wld we be right to say that the calamity or evil that Isaiah spoke of includes sickness and death from sin? Heck no!
Psalm 104:20 and Exodus 10:21 tell us that the darkness referred to in Isaiah 45:7 I not evil, but the opposite of the daylight. Psalm 104:20 explains it very well.
Cc hahn
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by hahn(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2018
DavidEsq:

Thank u so much. It's so great to find spiritual interests here. How can we reconcile Isaiah 45:7 with Job 34:10? Pls read Job 34:10. Then let's reason further. Thanks again. I really appreciate.
Cc Jbleenk

"So listen to me, you men of understanding. Far be it from God to do evil, from the Almighty to do wrong."

This only one of the usual inconsistencies and contradictions that is common in the bible which it makes it a poor source of wisdom

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by DavidEsq(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
example is job.. God allowed job to be tested by the devil even when God has the power to stop the devil. God knows job can handle it and it's also a test for job faith. in essence whatever rough situation we find ourselves we should be strong and always see the possibility to come out victorious.
The issue here is "Does God cause evil"?
If ur comment is in answer to this poser, then I can say u said yes.
Isn't there is difference between "to cause to happen" and "to allow to happen".
If a maigaurd conspired with thieves to rob his employer, we wld say he caused the robbery. However, if he just sits and doesn't do his job and thieves break in, wld we say he caused the robbery? Heck no! We wld say he allowed it.
So if we say God caused evil to happen to this woman or job, doesn't that mean that he conspired with the devil to do dat? Alas! The book of Job tells us no such thing. In fact, I humbly ask u to read Job 34:10. Pls do and let's learn more.
Cc hahn

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by DavidEsq(m): 10:28am On Apr 28, 2018
hahn:

"So listen to me, you men of understanding. Far be it from God to do evil, from the Almighty to do wrong."

This only one of the usual inconsistencies and contradictions that is common in the bible which it makes it a poor source of wisdom
I appreciate ur observations my bro. In fact, ur conclusions show that u have made a research. However, the question is here is: does God cause evil? I ha copied u in anoda comment. Pls kindly read it and let's find and learn more truth.
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by Jbleenk: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2018
DavidEsq:

But do u think Isaiah 45:7 is the applicable scripture to this story? This woman fell sick. Why do we fall sick? Why are our bodies not perfectly immune to sickness. If sickness brings death, doesn't Roman 5:12 explains this? It says "That is why just as thru one man, sin entered into the world and death thru sin and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned".
When Adam sinned, he became susceptible to sickness death. Jesus Christ revealed this truth, wen he told the sick man: "Your sins are forgiven u". Matthew 9:2. What does that mean? Take note that in Matthew 9:5 he asked the scribes: "which is easier; to say ur sins are forgiven or to say get up and walk"? This is because Jesus knew that the greater issue afoot was sin, which caused the ailment. Hence he tried to point out that fact to the scribes.
Now to the issue at hand: was sin an evil caused by God? No! Genesis 3:1-19 tells us that death came thru man's disobedience and not God. So wld we be right to say that the calamity or evil that Isaiah spoke of includes sickness and death from sin? Heck no!

I want to ask u, have u ever heard the word Diesm or do u know it's meaning? Well I will tell u

According to Wikipedia, Deism is a philosophical belief that posits that God exists and is ultimately responsible for the creation of the universe, but does not interfere directly with the created world but allow His creation to administer itself thru natural law

This goes to show that we have to do things logically sensible thru logical conduct first before opting for anything supernatural.

This alone is enough to override all religion but no, hell no, it won't. U know why it won't? It won't because we are a self appointed guardian of the status quo. A sheep which no longer need a sheep dog to control them, instead they control each other by ostracizing those who dared stand out from the norm.

I'm not saying there isn't God, only fools will say there's no God but God is not the type of God u guys make of Him.
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by DavidEsq(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2018
Jbleenk:

I want to ask u, have u ever heard the word Diesm or do u know it's meaning? Well I will tell u

According to Wikipedia, Deism is a philosophical belief that posits that God exists and is ultimately responsible for the creation of the universe, but does not interfere directly with the created world.

This goes to show that we have to do things logically sensible thru logical conduct first before opting for anything supernatural.

This alone is enough to override all religion but no, hell no, it won't. U know why it won't? It won't because we are a self appointed guardian of the status quo. A sheep which no longer need a sheep dog to control them, instead they control each other by ostracizing those who dared stand out from the norm.

I'm not saying there isn't God, only fools will say there's no God but God is not the type of God u guys make of Him.
So have u abandoned the explanation and theology we just delved into?
Since u believe God exists, then let's take it from there.
If God exists, certainly he wl want us to know him and his thoughts. Has he done that? Yes.
How?
I believe the bible is God's medium by which he communicates with us and let's us know he exists and wat is expected of us. This is in Romans 15:4 "For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instructions, so that thru our endurance an tru th comfort from from scriptures we might have hope". 2 Timothy 3:16 also tells us: "all scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, doctrines (belief system), setting straight and reproving in righteousness".
2 Timothy 3:16 implies that the God's word the bible is very:5 relevant, despite its age and it applies to all aspects of our lives. Proverbs 28:5 tells us that those that seek God wld understand everything.
To ur analogy of sheep and ish, man was never meant to be independent of God's control and directions. The book of Jeremiah 10:23 says "I well know o Lord, that man's ways does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking, eve to direct his steps". This scripture shows that for man to live a life free of complications, he must submit himself to God's guidance and not his own whims. However, something happened long ago that caused man to be independent of God. Gen 3:1-5 tells it all. At verse 5 it says: "For God knows that in the very day u eat front it, ur eyes will be opened and u will be like God, knowing good and bad".
What does "ur eyes will be opened and u will be like God" mean? The devil simply meant that since God is a ruler, man wld be like God. That is, man will become a ruler himself and not the ruled or subject, if he ate the fruit.
What does "Knowing good and bad" mean? Does it mean man didn't know the difference between good and bad prior to this temptation? Heck no! Remember at Gen 2:16 and 17 tells us that God forbade man from eating of a particular fruit and the consequences of eating that fruit. So from this, we can conveniently say that man knew good from evil. What then did the devil mean by that phrase? The devil simply meant that man wld be able to determine for himself wat is good and wat is bad. That is, it wld no longer be God who wld determine for man wat is good and wat is bad but man wld become his own ruler. That tree represented God's right to rule over man or God's sovereignty over man. It was just an ordinary tree and that was the only law of good and evil that God made for man. By that temptation, the devil lied against God, that God didn't want man to attain a higher standing. The devil also challenged God's right to rule over man. How? By deceiving man to believe that he(the devil) knew beta dan God as to wat was good or bad for man and man fell for it. Since then, man has continued, being misled by the devil, to believe that he (man) can solve his (man's) own problems and he can govern himself. That was wr it all went wrong.
What is the implication of the devil's lie against God? That is a question for our next discussion.
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by Honestagbons(m): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
God's time is always d best,congratulations,once again miraculous child of GOD
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by toyinsalammy(f): 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
Congrats. May God perfect ur healing
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by udocity2: 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2018
congrats my dear
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by springacademy: 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
Warning Signs of a Possible Cancer You should never Overlook. http://tru.makeitrain.fun/EJkCMRPtduD

Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
DavidEsq:

Isn't there is difference between "to cause to happen" and "to allow to happen".
If a maigaurd conspired with thieves to rob his employer, we wld say he caused the robbery. However, if he just sits and doesn't do his job and thieves break in, wld we say he caused the robbery? Heck no! We wld say he allowed it.
So if we say God caused evil to happen to this woman or job, doesn't that mean that he conspired with the devil to do dat? Alas! The book of Job tells us no such thing. In fact, I humbly ask u to read Job 34:10. Pls do and let's learn more.
Cc hahn
Oga read Isaiah 45vs7 and tell me what you understand
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by hahn(m): 5:49pm On Apr 28, 2018
DavidEsq:

Psalm 104:20 and Exodus 10:21 tell us that the darkness referred to in Isaiah 45:7 I not evil, but the opposite of the daylight. Psalm 104:20 explains it very well.
Cc hahn

DavidEsq:

Cc hahn

You do not seem to understand. God is supposedly omniscient meaning it knows everything before it happens.

Also there is something called "god's will" and this basically means that EVERYTHING that happens is it's will and for it's pleasure.

This implies that god knew even before creating Lucifer that it would rebel and it would have to banish it and that it will come to earth and one day lead Adam and Eve astray.

And it did nothing to stop it. This makes god responsible for everything

And like I have already said, all these inconsistencies and contradictions are why the bible should not be taken seriously
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by DavidEsq(m): 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
hahn:

You do not seem to understand. God is supposedly omniscient meaning it knows everything before it happens.

Also there is something called "god's will" and this basically means that EVERYTHING that happens is it's will and for it's pleasure.

This implies that god knew even before creating Lucifer that it would rebel and it would have to banish it and that it will come to earth and one day lead Adam and Eve astray.

And it did nothing to stop it. This makes god responsible for everything

And like I have already said, all these inconsistencies and contradictions are why the bible should not be taken seriously
The fact that u might have a son who is stubborn, does that mean u wld stop giving him instructions?
If u suspected that he wld not listen, wld dat stop u from giving him instructions?
So let's say God knew Adam and Eve wld stray, he shld have done wat exactly? Frozen Eve's hand from reaching the fruit?
God gave us a gift. Which is free will.
So because u know that kids cld grow up and become cultists, wld u become sterile just because u fear the likely outcome?
Deuteronomy 30:19 says: "I tak , heavens and the earth as witnesses against u today that it have put life and death b4 u, the blessing and the curse and u must choose life so dat u may live".
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by hahn(m): 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
DavidEsq:

The fact that u might have a son who is stubborn, does that mean u wld stop giving him instructions?
If u suspected that he wld not listen, wld dat stop u from giving him instructions?
So let's say God knew Adam and Eve wld stray, he shld have done wat exactly? Frozen Eve's hand from reaching the fruit?
God gave us a gift. Which is free will.
So because u know that kids cld grow up and become cultists, wld u become sterile just because u fear the likely outcome?
Deuteronomy 30:19 says: "I tak , heavens and the earth as witnesses against u today that it have put life and death b4 u, the blessing and the curse and u must choose life so dat u may live".

All god really needed to do was create man without evil but it chose not to

The whole story is simply ridiculous anyways
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by DavidEsq(m): 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
hahn:

All god really needed to do was create man without evil but it chose not to

The whole story is simply ridiculous anyways
Wld that not mean remote controlling man? Depriving man of his free will?
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by ultron12345: 6:58am On Apr 29, 2018
Austin234:
Ignorance is ur problem. I've seen some people under serious intensive medical care who died afterward. Yet some, under same care unit, survived. I've seen one who took Amala drug for malaria and had her body metamophosed into different textures (another complication). Yet some people took same drug and get well.

My dear, permit me to tell you that when you take some drug and got healed, God is the one that healed you and not doctors. I appreciate our doctors so much. God has used them to save many lifes. But glory must chiefly go to God Almighty, the main healer. Amen and bless you

keep quiet. Why didn't your God heal her at home. A drug that works on you might not work for another and the drug that works on another night not work on you. It's also possible that the drug worksl for both. This is because there are physiological and biochemical variations in some people. If u want to use the few times doctors treatment fails against them then we should also use the numerous times your God fails to heals people against him. Upon all the faith and prayer, he will still live his children to die. Why wasn't God healing malaria before the advent of antimalarial drugs.

Even amputees, your God can't heal them but when medicine finds out a way to grow back a limb, you will say your God should take glory for another man's work.

All the glory should go the doctors because they were responsible for the woman's healing.
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by ajasay3030(m): 7:07am On Mar 10, 2020
No doubt, cancer is a life-threatening disease. It is curable when you treat it early. Yes, many die of cancer because they neglect the signs they get when the disease is still at an early stage.
Source:

https://healthdoconline.com/9-early-signs-of-cancer/
Re: Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos) by nassipickin(m): 9:56am On Nov 13, 2020
All glory and honor be to the Most High God, and to our Lord Jesus Christ be glory and Majesty forevermore.

I rejoice with you and I also want to encourage others into miracle.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life; so if you have challenges and you could locate the true WAY to solve it. Then know that it is God that is leading you and give him the glory.

Chat me up on Whatsapp+2347055115343 for a very sure way to terminate Cancer and Kidney Challenges in 10-weeks.
To God be all the glory, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

30 Health Tips Everyone Must Know (A Must Read) / Human Breast Milk On Sale Via Website: The Hazards Involved / Bat-Borne 'Nipah' Virus Causes Lockdown In Parts Of India (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.